The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Pronounced the same as "liken" if you didnt know. You are german arent you?
    Lichen are awesome it is a composite organism of algae growing on the filaments of a fungus and living symbolically. Together they exhibit properties very different than apart.
    They grow where nothing else dares and they are a symbol of the mountains.

I thought Lichen was a werewolf and the mortal enemy of the vampire?

Jett or Dason are my contributions for snazzy and unique new era names.

Maybe Kyle or Ryan for an 'oldy but a goody'.
    The men of my family ARE pretty hairy, but we are more yetti-style, IMO

RR you have provided some good food for thought, I hadnt thought of River but I love that, especially since we 'yak so much!
    Awesome! River (Ryver)or Rivers is a way cool name.Everything about it is life ,energy and power.It sounds good with your last name also.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Well it´s a new day and I am absolutely certain agree to this beautiful strong name River! :-bd
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    The next time I'm in the US I'm actually going to order Fries and not Chips :p lol
  • i_lov_it said:

The next time I'm in the US I'm actually going to order Fries and not Chips :p lol

And if I ever make it go Austrailia, I'll rember to order chips!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I wrote out a whole preface to this and then backspaced over the motherfucker, hit "play", listened and smiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiXtk296YmE
    Hedo ,Nice work .is it me or was that some rocking shit for 64.So Im guessing Ringo DID get laid that night.
    edited December 2014
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LvKDr8AgvK8
    Let's go farther back shall we.
    edited December 2014
    I could eat Ringo up with a spoon (my husband knows and has resigned himself to this).

And yes it kicked ass! But that was (edit due to MJ) -'64?

I know Paul was a huge fan of Little Richard (not that this was an original of his), but aspired to and rocked those high notes.

Post edited by hedonist on
    Ahh! Well done, sir. I just love Mr. B.
    hedonist wrote: »
    I could eat Ringo up with a spoon (my husband knows and has resigned himself to this).

And yes it kicked ass! But that was (edit due to MJ) -'64?

I know Paul was a huge fan of Little Richard (not that this was an original of his), but aspired to and rocked those high notes.

Yep 64'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,138
    Hello anybody here I'm sitting thinking about how many people I've met because of this forum .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Hello anybody here I'm sitting thinking about how many people I've met because of this forum .....

You still haven't got your avatar moving....what's up?
    Yeah, I miss the happy little leaf a'moseying down the FUCKING HIGHWAY :-SS

jose, I've been fortunate to meet several good folks because of / via this place.

Among them and speaking of which, where the hell has Cosmo been these days? I miss his reason and dry humor.

After this fairly nice but odd week and in lieu of one of those "Calgon, take me away!" moments (fuckit, I'm a child of the 70s) we opted to light some candles - my menorah is waxed up so some pretty individual tealights going here, for both ambiance and homage to my dad. And a nice burning stick of incense called "Christmas". Smells amazing and woodsy.

Plus pizza on the way from our favorite place!

Color me happy.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    kce8 wrote: »
    Actually, I handled that priority; he simply agreed (the fuck is the toothy smiley face?)<br />
    <br />
    I have been grooving bigtime this evening to acoustic Cornell.<br />
    <br />
    Call Me a Dog, right now.<br />
    <br />
    My god, with that voice he doesn't even need a guitar.<br />
    <br />
    You are so right. I love his voice and the acoustic Cornell stuff! <br />
    <br />
    Btw I am nearly on my way to Christmas market to get a nice tree and one or two glasses of yummy Gluehwein. Do you know Gluehwein ? <br />
    The snow is falling slowly and everything is covered again. So beautiful...<br />
    It´s like a tradition now that we go to by the trees this day every year with my parents and my brothers family. But it´s the first time in my life that my parents both have a cold so we have to get a tree for them too ! <br />
    We sure will get Bratwurst and waffles for the kids. I love our German Christmas fairs !<br />
    <br />
    Have a nice day too everybody ! Cheers!<br />
    <br />
    Hey, kce8, I'm going to a (sort of) German Christmas market next Saturday in Vancouver, BC! They have had it for several years, and I've gone twice before. They have lots of great food - sausages, spaetzle, beer, and of course gluehwein, plus a big store of German Christmas ornaments from Käthe Wohlfahrt; in fact, they even bring the sales people over from Germany to work in the store. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll think if you as I wander around. (Hey, maybe I'll see PJ_Soul).<br />
    <br />
    Great to hear oftenreading! I hope you will have a lot of fun then! If you have the choice try a selfmade Gluehwein -it´s even better! <br />
    Maybe you can try some Magenbrot - men like that! <br />
    And if you don´t like Gluehwein try hot chocolate with Schuss (shot) Rum or Amaretto for the ladies (if you need to impress her ;) <br />
    My friends liked the Christmas market in Shanghai as they lived there! You can even get original Gluehwein in Shanghai lol ! They are now living in Mobile AL the next three years...will call and ask what they get there...no snow for sure...lol<br />
    There is a Käthe Wohlfahrt store in Stillwater Minnesota. Expensive stuff! <br />
    Please don´t forget to tell us if you liked our stuff in Vancouver! <br />
    Oh and I will think about you in Vancouver next Saturday too and wish you and your friends a great time and a nice atmosphere there!!! :\"> And if you meet PJ_Soul - tell her a unknown German girl said hi and Cheers!<br />
    ENJOY !

Well, back now from our weekend in Vancouver where we did indeed go to the German Christmas Market. Being Vancouver, it wouldn't be December if it wasn't freaking pouring with rain! If we had been in Germany at an authentic market I'm sure there would have been lovely snowflakes gently wafting down, but instead we had sheets of rain.

I had hot spiced cider because I wasn't in the mood for gluehwein and there was no hot chocolate; it was pretty good. Then had a bratwurst on a bun, and later some poffertjes, which were puffy little pancakes served with butter, icing sugar and whipped cream - fantastic. We did buy three small tree ornaments at the Kathe Wolhfahrt and they were indeed expensive. We also chatted with one of the German vendors about authentic beer steins. Cheers to you kce8.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Actually, I handled that priority; he simply agreed (the fuck is the toothy smiley face?)<br />
    <br />
    I have been grooving bigtime this evening to acoustic Cornell.<br />
    <br />
    Call Me a Dog, right now.<br />
    <br />
    My god, with that voice he doesn't even need a guitar.<br />
    <br />
    You are so right. I love his voice and the acoustic Cornell stuff! <br />
    <br />
    Btw I am nearly on my way to Christmas market to get a nice tree and one or two glasses of yummy Gluehwein. Do you know Gluehwein ? <br />
    The snow is falling slowly and everything is covered again. So beautiful...<br />
    It´s like a tradition now that we go to by the trees this day every year with my parents and my brothers family. But it´s the first time in my life that my parents both have a cold so we have to get a tree for them too ! <br />
    We sure will get Bratwurst and waffles for the kids. I love our German Christmas fairs !<br />
    <br />
    Have a nice day too everybody ! Cheers!<br />
    <br />
    Hey, kce8, I'm going to a (sort of) German Christmas market next Saturday in Vancouver, BC! They have had it for several years, and I've gone twice before. They have lots of great food - sausages, spaetzle, beer, and of course gluehwein, plus a big store of German Christmas ornaments from Käthe Wohlfahrt; in fact, they even bring the sales people over from Germany to work in the store. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll think if you as I wander around. (Hey, maybe I'll see PJ_Soul).<br />
    <br />
    Great to hear oftenreading! I hope you will have a lot of fun then! If you have the choice try a selfmade Gluehwein -it´s even better! <br />
    Maybe you can try some Magenbrot - men like that! <br />
    And if you don´t like Gluehwein try hot chocolate with Schuss (shot) Rum or Amaretto for the ladies (if you need to impress her ;) <br />
    My friends liked the Christmas market in Shanghai as they lived there! You can even get original Gluehwein in Shanghai lol ! They are now living in Mobile AL the next three years...will call and ask what they get there...no snow for sure...lol<br />
    There is a Käthe Wohlfahrt store in Stillwater Minnesota. Expensive stuff! <br />
    Please don´t forget to tell us if you liked our stuff in Vancouver! <br />
    Oh and I will think about you in Vancouver next Saturday too and wish you and your friends a great time and a nice atmosphere there!!! :\"> And if you meet PJ_Soul - tell her a unknown German girl said hi and Cheers!<br />
    ENJOY !

Well, back now from our weekend in Vancouver where we did indeed go to the German Christmas Market. Being Vancouver, it wouldn't be December if it wasn't freaking pouring with rain! If we had been in Germany at an authentic market I'm sure there would have been lovely snowflakes gently wafting down, but instead we had sheets of rain.

I had hot spiced cider because I wasn't in the mood for gluehwein and there was no hot chocolate; it was pretty good. Then had a bratwurst on a bun, and later some poffertjes, which were puffy little pancakes served with butter, icing sugar and whipped cream - fantastic. We did buy three small tree ornaments at the Kathe Wolhfahrt and they were indeed expensive. We also chatted with one of the German vendors about authentic beer steins. Cheers to you kce8.

Hey oftenreading, so nice to hear you had a great weekend with all this good stuff! I was at the Christmas market in Cologne on Saturday and we don´t have snow anymore. Had a great day too but didn´t know what would happen that night.
    Please take good care of yourselves and tell your folks you love them.

I don't know what prompted this last part, but it resounded in me.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday - despite her still having that exotic beauty, sense of style and feisty/hammy side - she's getting up there.

And a bit ago after happening upon the Joy Luck Club (sobbed my eyes out and blew my nose five tissues' worth), gave thanks for the mother-daughter relationship she and I have, and continue to foster.

Anyway, nice timing on that. Smiling here for it...thank you.
    RIP Joe
    Like we didn't know one of us would post this tonight.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRzKUVjHkGk
    I find this song especially fitting here in the lounge.
    For sure. And I love its tie with a beloved show.

Really nice/interesting turn he took with such a seemingly-happy tune (especially when seeing Ringo going it solo), taking it in a different, almost reaching-out, direction.
    I find it very soothing .Kinda like some old Otis Redding.
    edited December 2014
    Hedo ,unrelated question.what do you like better Sandlers original Hannukah song or the second one he did?
    I still think it's classic when he opens with"David Lee Roth lights the Menorah"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,670
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Yes! Rough but soothing. I dig Otis' voice and style.

Honestly, I'm not a big Sandler fan (insert shamed face). That said, I haven't heard the second one but do like the original. Just pure funniness.
    edited December 2014
    Leon!

(edit - when I saw just the video freeze-frame, I thought it was Kid Rock)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    ^^^ Joe and Leon, nice trip in the way back machine!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday - despite her still having that exotic beauty, sense of style and feisty/hammy side - she's getting up there.

And a bit ago after happening upon the Joy Luck Club (sobbed my eyes out and blew my nose five tissues' worth), gave thanks for the mother-daughter relationship she and I have, and continue to foster.

Stopped talking because I realized I would bring a sad mood in here.
    We are having really awful and sad things happening here for us.
    But I am glad you got my words in a positive way.
    We just have to take what life brings - even if we can´t do something.

I'm sorry to hear this, and will keep you and yours in my good thoughts.

You can always vent here, by the way.

• Kce8 if you ever need to just talk I'll listen. I can feel your distress and pain in your post.. I know it all too well. Again if ya ever need it, I'm here for ya. But please don't let all that stuff bottle up, it's detrimental. And we all care for you here. Hope things smooth out soon..my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

It sounds as if some tough times have hit your family - I'm so sorry to hear it. Please post whatever you want to, even if it is sad.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf