The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Shit! Apologies to Drowned Out. Love ya, man =D>
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

What do you guys think I should name my boy to be?
    *Disclaimer*
    I might ridicule any suggestions in the vein of Hayden, Kaiden, Trax, Tripp, Ryder, Braxton, Deisel, or the like.

Do you like Ys in a name?Does you or your wife have a very special family member who would be honored by a name based on theirs?
    We used a family last name(Marshall) that didn't carry over and twisted it up with a Y and went Marshyl .My brother also is Marshall as his middle name.then we used my grandfathers first name as my sons middle name to honor my Pop.
    We were not so creative with our youngest.We used Chloe(we call her Cookie) from the Mother Love Bone song Chloe Dancer(I finally got to hear it live in St.Louis.Wifey cried)as we loved the way it sounded.But 20 years later she breaks our balls saying every girl in a movie who is a slut,drug attic or stripper has that name.oooops.our bad.I still like the name,and since she has a bit of ink it fits nicely.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

*Disclaimer*
    I might ridicule any suggestions in the vein of Hayden, Kaiden, Trax, Tripp, Ryder, Braxton, Deisel, or the like.

I've always been fond of Eli, Jude, Tobias, Paul. Personal reasons and connections.

Surely you've heard this :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk
    Thanks! My mom wanted me to go Eli but everyone always changes my name, levi, into eli so i never liked that. I do like paul.

I have seen that, George Carlin is the man. He spoke the truth and he never got enough credit for how brilliantly poetic his rants were.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

*Disclaimer*

Do you like Ys in a name?Does you or your wife have a very special family member who would be honored by a name based on theirs?
    We used a family last name(Marshall) that didn't carry over and twisted it up with a Y and went Marshyl .My brother also is Marshall as his middle name.then we used my grandfathers first name as my sons middle name to honor my Pop.
    We were not so creative with our youngest.We used Chloe(we call her Cookie) from the Mother Love Bone song Chloe Dancer(I finally got to hear it live in St.Louis.Wifey cried)as we loved the way it sounded.But 20 years later she breaks our balls saying every girl in a movie who is a slut,drug attic or stripper has that name.oooops.our bad.I still like the name,and since she has a bit of ink it fits nicely.
    I like marshall! But wifey not as much. No special family names and we are picky so itl be tough to land on one.
    Chloe was ahead of its time back then! Now . its trendy so i can see why that annoys her. Nobody whos anybody wants to be trendy lol
    I thought of one at dinner tonight.
    Jean-Claude Van Gambs
    It's got a kick to it!
    rgambs said:

I thought of one at dinner tonight.
    Jean-Claude Van Gambs
    It's got a kick to it!

I might have to blue-ribbon this one.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    kce8 said:

kce8 said:

hedonist said:

Actually, I handled that priority; he simply agreed (the fuck is the toothy smiley face?)

I have been grooving bigtime this evening to acoustic Cornell.

Call Me a Dog, right now.

My god, with that voice he doesn't even need a guitar.

You are so right. I love his voice and the acoustic Cornell stuff!

Btw I am nearly on my way to Christmas market to get a nice tree and one or two glasses of yummy Gluehwein. Do you know Gluehwein ?
    The snow is falling slowly and everything is covered again. So beautiful...
    It´s like a tradition now that we go to by the trees this day every year with my parents and my brothers family. But it´s the first time in my life that my parents both have a cold so we have to get a tree for them too !
    We sure will get Bratwurst and waffles for the kids. I love our German Christmas fairs !

Have a nice day too everybody ! Cheers!
    Hey, kce8, I'm going to a (sort of) German Christmas market next Saturday in Vancouver, BC! They have had it for several years, and I've gone twice before. They have lots of great food - sausages, spaetzle, beer, and of course gluehwein, plus a big store of German Christmas ornaments from Käthe Wohlfahrt; in fact, they even bring the sales people over from Germany to work in the store. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll think if you as I wander around. (Hey, maybe I'll see PJ_Soul).
    Great to hear oftenreading! I hope you will have a lot of fun then! If you have the choice try a selfmade Gluehwein -it´s even better!
    Maybe you can try some Magenbrot - men like that!
    And if you don´t like Gluehwein try hot chocolate with Schuss (shot) Rum or Amaretto for the ladies (if you need to impress her ;)
    My friends liked the Christmas market in Shanghai as they lived there! You can even get original Gluehwein in Shanghai lol ! They are now living in Mobile AL the next three years...will call and ask what they get there...no snow for sure...lol
    There is a Käthe Wohlfahrt store in Stillwater Minnesota. Expensive stuff!
    Please don´t forget to tell us if you liked our stuff in Vancouver!
    Oh and I will think about you in Vancouver next Saturday too and wish you and your friends a great time and a nice atmosphere there!!! :\"> And if you meet PJ_Soul - tell her a unknown German girl said hi and Cheers!
    ENJOY !
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, kce8; I'll try a few and report back. I don't see myself having much need to impress the ladies, but you never know... :wink:

(And still that pained looking winky guy)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

(And still that pained looking winky guy)

All I can see (through the one good eye) is Costanza and the grapefruit pulp.
    Your a trailblazer and seek natures adventure.How about Lewis or Clark?
    rr165892 said:

Your a trailblazer and seek natures adventure.How about Lewis or Clark?

I like the spirit but it cant end with a c or k sound because then it is a mouthful differentiating the "ck" from the hard "g".
    Lewis would be devolved into louie so that wont fly either. Picky picky we are.
    You have to be.it lasts a lifetime.And it's good your recognizing the nick name aspect.Very important.
    This mornings contribution is Noah,Beux or Bo (Sounds real good w/Gambs)Very rugged tough guy sounding,and Cameron or Joshua.
    Noah is one we really liked but its the most popular boys name this year!
    Its more fun to think of silly names. Like, Hamm Gambs, Bert Nernie Gambs, Jean-Claude van Gambs, or MC Hammer Gambs.
    edited December 2014
    May be more fun,but ain't gunna happen right?how about a nice white bread republican name like Prescott?
    .I got a cousin named Daschel we call him Dash.
    Heath is cool.
    Carter is solid
    Addison always classic
    And this nature inspired name-Ranger

I was just doing this whole name thing with a buddy at the gym.Its always a trip.( Ha,Tripp is a good name)

Watch the credits of movies you can get some good ideas from that also.
    You were joking up top about Jean-Claude Van Gambs.Well Van alone is super cool -Van Gambs
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    rr165892 said:

May be more fun,but ain't gunna happen right?how about a nice white bread republican name like Prescott?
    .I got a cousin named Daschel we call him Dash.
    Heath is cool.
    Carter is solid
    Addison always classic
    And this nature inspired name-Ranger

I was just doing this whole name thing with a buddy at the gym.Its always a trip.( Ha,Tripp is a good name)

Watch the credits of movies you can get some good ideas from that also.
    You were joking up top about Jean-Claude Van Gambs.Well Van alone is super cool -Van Gambs

I would expect that any kid named Dash would never get away from being called Dachshund, but that's just me...
  • I knew a guy that named his boy Sovereign. But then I have a friend.. That named his son Trent Danger too!!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Well Heath is super cool !
    And a tasty candy bar to boot!!
    I like heath and carter! I wanted to go with Stone because we spend a ton of time clinging to rocks with lichen as the only companions with us and the stone, and of course stone is THE MAN! But wifey doesnt want him to have to run the gammit of hippy and stoner jokes.
    I suggested lichen as well, but she struck it down. Too original i guess lol
    edited December 2014
    lichen ? :-O
    Post edited by kce8 on
    Pronounced the same as "liken" if you didnt know. You are german arent you?
    Lichen are awesome it is a composite organism of algae growing on the filaments of a fungus and living symbolically. Together they exhibit properties very different than apart.
    They grow where nothing else dares and they are a symbol of the mountains.
    Moss? Possibly too hippy. Or too feminine.
  • rgambs said:

Lichen are awesome it is a composite organism of algae growing on the filaments of a fungus and living symbolically. Together they exhibit properties very different than apart.

I thought Lichen was a werewolf and the mortal enemy of the vampire?

Jett or Dason are my contributions for snazzy and unique new era names.

Maybe Kyle or Ryan for an 'oldy but a goody'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Harley. My old boss gave his son that name, so folks would say, "Oh, you're Harley, David's son". Seriously :)

Always liked Levon too, though it could be more related to my love of early Elton.

Or Sam Gambs!
    edited December 2014
    River Gambs
    Pepper Gambs
    Franklin Benjamin Gambs
    Wesley Walker Gambs
    Kendall Gambs
    rgambs said:

Well that´s interesting...and maybe I´m confused because you wrote all the names in lower case - the name just looks weird to me lol it´s a normal ending at many german words!
    Oh and yes...guilty...I am german... :)) surely soon best known as the weirdest english talking german 10club member! X_X
    What about Levin? River is wonderful !

rgambs said:

The men of my family ARE pretty hairy, but we are more yetti-style, IMO

RR you have provided some good food for thought, I hadnt thought of River but I love that, especially since we 'yak so much!
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

The men of my family ARE pretty hairy, but we are more yetti-style, IMO

RR you have provided some good food for thought, I hadnt thought of River but I love that, especially since we 'yak so much!
    Evolution's overrated!

If only nose hair was considered sexy, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Name him Parker. :-)