The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Don't drink. ( anymore I should say) so I guess that makes me the DD?? Lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598

Don't drink. ( anymore I should say) so I guess that makes me the DD?? Lol

Or maybe smart? I actually like taking "straight edge" breaks- more and more as I get ol... er, ah, less young.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    brianlux said:

Don't drink. ( anymore I should say) so I guess that makes me the DD?? Lol

Or maybe smart? I actually like taking "straight edge" breaks- more and more as I get ol... er, ah, less young.

Yeah brain cells less concentrated so have to be nice to them.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Pfft! It's been a longass week and I'm indulging :ar!

Cheers to you fine folks!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    it's a wine with a side of hippie lettuce night

cheers all!
    If it indeed WAS your birthday recently, hope it was a good one, norm!

Speaking of hippie lettuce (I like the term), earlier this week when the local news pleaded with us to prepare for the rain, I told my husband "we're set, I'm hitting up the dispensary tonight".
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lol it was and it was, thanks! :smiley:

hubby has his priorities in order...i like that :wink:
    Actually, I handled that priority; he simply agreed (the fuck is the toothy smiley face?)

I have been grooving bigtime this evening to acoustic Cornell.

Call Me a Dog, right now.

My god, with that voice he doesn't even need a guitar.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    hedonist said:

Actually, I handled that priority; he simply agreed (the fuck is the toothy smiley face?)

You are so right. I love his voice and the acoustic Cornell stuff!

Btw I am nearly on my way to Christmas market to get a nice tree and one or two glasses of yummy Gluehwein. Do you know Gluehwein ?
    The snow is falling slowly and everything is covered again. So beautiful...
    It´s like a tradition now that we go to by the trees this day every year with my parents and my brothers family. But it´s the first time in my life that my parents both have a cold so we have to get a tree for them too !
    We sure will get Bratwurst and waffles for the kids. I love our German Christmas fairs !

Have a nice day too everybody ! Cheers!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yall enjoy your holiday hay! Puff one for me amd the missus!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Hedo,Acoustic Cornell is vocal velvet.Its just soooooo good.My all time favorite singer.EVER! So fine choice of music.And I'm glad you priorities were in order with stockpiling necessary provisions to ride out the storm.Ok you know what's next.......
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GVFgEBq0EKM
    edited December 2014
    Let's do this also on a sat morning.Love this song.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RrIfaNvxhio
    SEASONS....yes please
    Oh man, I haven't listened to REO in ages! Might have to replay that next week as much more rain is expected. We even had a tree fall on a car across the street, which has never happened in the 20+ years I've lived in this place.

kce, the picture you painted sounds absolutely lovely and charming. I don't know Gluehwein, is it a sweet wine? And that breakfast sounds yummy!
    Bratwurst and waffles with Christmas wine.interesting.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    kce8 said:

hedonist said:

Btw I am nearly on my way to Christmas market to get a nice tree and one or two glasses of yummy Gluehwein. Do you know Gluehwein ?
    It´s like a tradition now that we go to by the trees this day every year with my parents and my brothers family. But it´s the first time in my life that my parents both have a cold so we have to get a tree for them too !
    We sure will get Bratwurst and waffles for the kids. I love our German Christmas fairs !

Hey, kce8, I'm going to a (sort of) German Christmas market next Saturday in Vancouver, BC! They have had it for several years, and I've gone twice before. They have lots of great food - sausages, spaetzle, beer, and of course gluehwein, plus a big store of German Christmas ornaments from Käthe Wohlfahrt; in fact, they even bring the sales people over from Germany to work in the store. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll think if you as I wander around. (Hey, maybe I'll see PJ_Soul).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    hedonist said:

Oh man, I haven't listened to REO in ages! Might have to replay that next week as much more rain is expected. We even had a tree fall on a car across the street, which has never happened in the 20+ years I've lived in this place.

kce, the picture you painted sounds absolutely lovely and charming. I don't know Gluehwein, is it a sweet wine? And that breakfast sounds yummy!

Hey folks, thought Gluehwein would be known all over the world already... ;)
    Maybe it´s more known in the colder areas.

Ok, it´s red or white wine maced with typical Christmas spices like cinnamon, cloves, anise and orange-chinks and kandis! I swear it´s great especially if you get it outdoor in the cold.
    Gluehwein is to say like ~Glowwine because it´s hot and if you want the stronger version (!) you can get it with Rum or Amaretto! But...take care..hot wine with rum in the cold...lol.. you should have a driver! lol
    You just have to try it - oh and if you couldn´t buy it, it would be a pleasure for me to give you a recipe. It´s easy!

Oh and hedonist, it wasn´t for breakfast it was more like lunch here.
    Getting Bratwurst and Gluehwein is a must have at a Christmas market. And waffles or crepes and hot chocolate for the kids. It´s the whole advent atmosphere that makes this special !
    I love it. Well that´s yummy! :D
    But to be honest the best you can do is go with friends in the dark...priceless!
    I am envious for what I picture the environment you're in. Must hit all of the senses (and tummy!) in a heavenly way.

Gluehwein sounds like mulled wine - which I love. I think I need this in scented-candle form too.

kce8 said:

hedonist said:

Hey, kce8, I'm going to a (sort of) German Christmas market next Saturday in Vancouver, BC! They have had it for several years, and I've gone twice before. They have lots of great food - sausages, spaetzle, beer, and of course gluehwein, plus a big store of German Christmas ornaments from Käthe Wohlfahrt; in fact, they even bring the sales people over from Germany to work in the store. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll think if you as I wander around. (Hey, maybe I'll see PJ_Soul).
    Great to hear oftenreading! I hope you will have a lot of fun then! If you have the choice try a selfmade Gluehwein -it´s even better!
    Maybe you can try some Magenbrot - men like that!
    And if you don´t like Gluehwein try hot chocolate with Schuss (shot) Rum or Amaretto for the ladies (if you need to impress her ;)
    My friends liked the Christmas market in Shanghai as they lived there! You can even get original Gluehwein in Shanghai lol ! They are now living in Mobile AL the next three years...will call and ask what they get there...no snow for sure...lol
    There is a Käthe Wohlfahrt store in Stillwater Minnesota. Expensive stuff!
    Please don´t forget to tell us if you liked our stuff in Vancouver!
    Oh and I will think about you in Vancouver next Saturday too and wish you and your friends a great time and a nice atmosphere there!!! :\"> And if you meet PJ_Soul - tell her a unknown German girl said hi and Cheers!
    ENJOY !
    Oh sorry - what happend with the emoticons ???
    It should not look like this!
    hedonist said:

I am envious for what I picture the environment you're in. Must hit all of the senses (and tummy!) in a heavenly way.

Gluehwein sounds like mulled wine - which I love. I think I need this in scented-candle form too.

Oh that´s right hedonist - I searched for it and learned that it´s called mulled wine! I´m glad - now I never have to try to explain it - thank you (you know bc of my perfect english! lol)
    So I was right to reckon that you all know it ! :\"> I´m a little fool...
    ok, the ashamed emoticon don´t like to do his job...
    Haha - your English is beyond fine.

And the emoticons look quite fucked up, to put it nicely :neutral_face:
    hedonist said:

Haha - your English is beyond fine.

And the emoticons look quite fucked up, to put it nicely :neutral_face:

:-/ just need to use this one more often...
    You can also use the old ones by going to the link below. A bit difficult to navigate but they're cool! Click on the gear to open, highlight the URL and paste into the "image" box. image

http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited December 2014
    What do you guys think I should name my boy to be?
    *Disclaimer*
    I might ridicule any suggestions in the vein of Hayden, Kaiden, Trax, Tripp, Ryder, Braxton, Deisel, or the like.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    oh great, just tried it - thank you brianlux !!!

rgambs said:

What do you guys think I should name my boy to be?
    *Disclaimer*
    I might ridicule any suggestions in the vein of Hayden, Kaiden, Trax, Tripp, Ryder, Braxton, Deisel, or the like.

I've always been fond of Eli, Jude, Tobias, Paul. Personal reasons and connections.

Surely you've heard this :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk