The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    And here I thought us southerners were the most "country" on these here boards.But you two(and Chad) with your 10 pointers and cornbread may have got us beat.Like the Brantley Gilbert song says"Country must be Country wide".
    So this song for you guys.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8peBUdlUNmM

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Everyone has a different opinion om what is "country"... To some it is geographical distance from civilization, others it is south, to me it has to be hills or mountains... I can cover 20 miles a day on flat land, so no topography, no country lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Gambsy I left the Bearded mountain man out of my "country"statement .My deepest apologies.I bet you have excellent survival skills in the wild.Thats totally country.
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Got a nice pot of chili simmering and drinking a nice cabernet. Now I just need a good book!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,598
    riotgrl said:

Got a nice pot of chili simmering and drinking a nice cabernet. Now I just need a good book!

Sounds great to me, riot grl! 6 hours 'till my weekend starts... not that I can complain- being out sick most of the week made it a short one. Tonight it's a hot toddy for me and diving back into Rollin's excellent A Grim Detail -which is NOT a grim read at all! :-)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

riotgrl said:

Mmmmmm chili
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    riotgrl said:

Don't forget to add little bit of that cab, cinnamon and chocolate to that chili.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

riotgrl said:

Don't forget to add little bit of that cab, cinnamon and chocolate to that chili.
    Damn, that sounds good.

riotgrl, I get the sense your home is cozy, and not only in scent.

Man, yet again I wish we had a fireplace.

B, your planned evening sounds pretty nice too. My turn to tell YOU to feel better!
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    JC29856 said:

riotgrl said:

Yes! I add raw cacao to my chili and it is delightful! But I'm allergic to cinnamon :(
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • hedonist said:

I'd be writhing in agony to if I had a cat on me. Sorry hedo, I hate cats!

Normally, this would be met with wrath.

You're just lucky you have other redeeming qualities!
    That was a very nice thing to say. I'm sure there are some that would disagree (at times, especially my wife.)

However, it doesn't change the way I feel about those cats. I've heard my 81 year old grandma swear 4 times in my life. Once, she saw me shoot an air rifle at a stray cat (the ones that shoot the plastic pellets). The other was when I told her how I got a cat out of a tree. Instead of using a 40' extension ladder and climbing, I used the deck gun on the fire engine. It came right down with no harm done. She didn't see it that way.

Side note: I've been a fireman for over 10 years and I've never seen or heard of a cat skeleton being found in a tree. They will come down!
    I love your sidenote.

Reminds me of this guy...I think he's hilarious.

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    hedonist said:

I love your sidenote.

Reminds me of this guy...I think he's hilarious.

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

That might be the funniest thing I've read all month. Shannon just didn't get it did she? That guy is awesome!
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    I have no idea whether or not it's real (I'd like to think it is). Love his humor.
    Oh my! I just happened upon the Graduate.

I LOVE THIS FILM.

Pretty much every scene and line.

Beauty!
  • muskydan said:

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

I haven't made it into the lounge in a few days.Hows everybody holding up?

Morning, rr!

With a nod to some of the heavy discussions happening here, I say with my own oomph - this weather is fucking with my hair! Love the rain yet curse the humidity's effect on these curls.

Fondly,
    Frizzy Redhead
    Yeah, I'm too argumentative to debate! I get too involved. And these heavy subject lines just depress me! I remember part of why I avoided this section for so long!! Ha! Anyhow I have no idea what humidity= frizz must be like... I have true Danish/Scandinavian hair follicles. I can't even curl it with a curling iron! To get curl, I have to wrap it wet, and let it dry that way.. Otherwise it just falls out, the curl, not my hair..;-) I hope you're having a good day regardless!
    Hey whisper, guess where I am???? Sitting in a deer blind you say.... Yes
    Hope all is well, passed on a small 10 pointer yesterday, hoping 2 see the "swap donkey" my buddy has named since this buck is like a 190 class 10 pointer .
    Damn!! Good luck! Hope you land em! That's a great rack!! My best this year was 8!! Jealous...
    hedonist said:

Oh my! I just happened upon the Graduate.

I LOVE THIS FILM.

Pretty much every scene and line.

Beauty!

I love the music of S&G, but I'm not ashamed to say I deserted after the fourth incarnation of Scarborough Fair.
    I remember hearing the news that evening (oh boy).

Aye, John. Ye be good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpTpxbnBWYM
    hedonist said:

I remember hearing the news that evening (oh boy).

Aye, John. Ye be good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpTpxbnBWYM

Was just reading about John Lennon while doing some research for this thing I've been writing. Man, 24 years gone by. Still one of the greatest ever.
    Nice post, Hedo. Thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Ya know he would have forgiven Chapman if he could.Classy.
    Everybody's talking 'bout...

Torturism
    Cop-ism
    Anti-cop-ism
    Senseless deaths-ism
    Vaccinism
    ISIS-ism

ism, ism, ism.

I'm not such the romantic to believe conflicts on so many levels from the trivial to traumatic can be just gone, but man! Sometimes that shit gets...I was going to say overwhelming, and sometimes it is, but mostly just too much at the moment.

It occupies the space in my head that I try to reserve for goodness, kindness, human(e)ness.

It's also healthy for me to simply realize I need to do that, to absorb it that way.
  • hedonist said:

Sometimes that shit gets...I was going to say overwhelming, and sometimes it is, but mostly just too much at the moment.

It occupies the space in my head that I try to reserve for goodness, kindness, human(e)ness.

It's also healthy for me to simply realize I need to do that, to absorb it that way.

Mr. Lux was a smart man for providing a seat available for all in the lounge.
  • hedonist said:

Sometimes that shit gets...I was going to say overwhelming, and sometimes it is, but mostly just too much at the moment.

Mr. Lux was a smart man for providing a seat available for all in the lounge.
    Very wise indeed.
    He's just a good egg, all around.
    :-B Awe shucks!! OK, but only because you good people are so B-)

We all have our differences and I guess that's ok because we all have the same basic needs and dig a lot of the same cool stuff! And it's good to hang our here and chill with y'all!

Cheers, my friends.

hedonist said:

He's just a good egg, all around.

An organic cage free ,only grass fed Egg!!
    hedonist said:

Everybody's talking 'bout...

Torturism
    Cop-ism
    Anti-cop-ism
    Senseless deaths-ism
    Vaccinism
    ISIS-ism

ism, ism, ism.

I'm not such the romantic to believe conflicts on so many levels from the trivial to traumatic can be just gone, but man! Sometimes that shit gets...I was going to say overwhelming, and sometimes it is, but mostly just too much at the moment.

I was thinking this last night while debating torture with Gambsy.Your right Hedo it's overwhelming.Id much rather fill that void with Food,fun,family and friends and thoughts of workouts,sex,green,beer and Rock And Roll.Is that so wrong?
    I havnt had any green in 10 days! Not so long ago i thought that would not happen in my life lol
    rgambs said:

I havnt had any green in 10 days! Not so long ago i thought that would not happen in my life lol

Why?
    Pregnant wife! Doesn't feel right partaking without the good Dr. G.
    She is gracious and did not stop me so I tapered off slowly because I saw her eyeballin me with jealousy.
    That's sweet, gambs! Last time my husband had lung surgery a few years ago, he couldn't partake - but that didn't stop me from doing so B-)

I actually made him "firecrackers", an edible recipe I found online.

When's your little one due?