The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited November 2014
    Can I please get a ruling on this.
    Im sitting at the bar at PF Changs Thursday night with Mrs rr,doing our ritual of early weekend kick off with a few saki bombs and some soup and appetizers(all healthy thank you) when I go to read the menu.I sware they keep changing the font and making it smaller.The lighting sucked and basically I couldn't see shit as always.So wifey breaks out the illuminated magnifier that looks like a credit card.Now my question is this.Do you think that would make me look way older than my youthful 45,then if I use my bedazzled ,cat lady(this is not a shot at Hedo) librarian,reading specs that my daughter got me as a joke but I kinda dig them(Yes I'm man enough to be secure in my machismo while wearing bedazzled woman's glasses)?In need input here.I think the magnifier makes one look older.And am I the only one that since hitting my 40s have had problems reading anything smaller than a stop sign?
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :)) think you are safe sir....as long as you are not waiting for a new wifey to find you...lol ;)
    Not sure here what´s the real problem...eyes or age... or both? lol
    So, your wifey didn´t raise an objection? You are the man! ;)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Do it, rr! Like Alan Funt used to say, "it's fun to laugh at yourself" :D

More and more lately, I have to adjust the distance of what I'm trying to read. It really sucks at work, when often going back and forth between computer screen to hard print-out.

Brian, many congratulations to you and your wife!
    kce8 said:

:)) think you are safe sir....as long as you are not waiting for a new wifey to find you...lol ;)
    Not sure here what´s the real problem...eyes or age... or both? lol
    So, your wifey didn´t raise an objection? You are the man! ;)

My eyes seem older then I feel
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    as long as your able to see your children and grandchildren.. thats what matters most, right ? my eyes are fine with glasses.. ;) B-) ..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Im sitting at the bar at PF Changs Thursday night with Mrs rr,doing our ritual of early weekend kick off with a few saki bombs and some soup and appetizers(all healthy thank you) when I go to read the menu.I sware they keep changing the font and making it smaller.The lighting sucked and basically I couldn't see shit as always.So wifey breaks out the illuminated magnifier that looks like a credit card.Now my question is this.Do you think that would make me look way older than my youthful 45,then if I use my bedazzled ,cat lady(this is not a shot at Hedo) librarian,reading specs that my daughter got me as a joke but I kinda dig them(Yes I'm man enough to be secure in my machismo while wearing bedazzled woman's glasses)?In need input here.I think the magnifier makes one look older.And am I the only one that since hitting my 40s have had problems reading anything smaller than a stop sign?

i agree, the magnifier (no matter how discreet) is going to age you more than the readers, no matter how bedazzled they are lol
    honestly, i am of the opinion that a slight feminine touch in a masculine mans look serves as an accent to the masculinity... Ever notice how somehow some dudes with pony tails or long curly hair look MORE masculine for it? Maybe I am alone here lol I used to wear my wifes headbands to keep my hair out of my eyes and i swore i looked tougher with it on lol
    cheers everybody! Enjoy your weekend if you are lucky enough to get onen
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

i agree, the magnifier (no matter how discreet) is going to age you more than the readers, no matter how bedazzled they are lol
    honestly, i am of the opinion that a slight feminine touch in a masculine mans look serves as an accent to the masculinity... Ever notice how somehow some dudes with pony tails or long curly hair look MORE masculine for it? Maybe I am alone here lol I used to wear my wifes headbands to keep my hair out of my eyes and i swore i looked tougher with it on lol
    Of course, you looked like Rambo with it on.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    hahaha i wish that were the case, it was a good bit more feminine than that lol i had a ten inch beard in those days though so it was a nice offset
  • Swear not sware! That's my ruling. :))
  • Swear not sware! That's my ruling. :))

=))
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    rgambs said:

hahaha i wish that were the case, it was a good bit more feminine than that lol i had a ten inch beard in those days though so it was a nice offset

Feminine enough that you will be featured in the Hot Girls of 10 Club calendar?? :D
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambs said:

Feminine enough that you will be featured in the Hot Girls of 10 Club calendar?? :D
    Hahahaha!!

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Rambo or Richard Simmons?
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

My thoughts on the Magnifier exactly.And yeah Gambs I'm rocking those fucking glasses
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Rambo or Richard Simmons?
    hahaha the headband was much closer to richard simmons than rambo but the overall look was still more rambo than simmons thankfully!

rgambs said:

Nothing like starting Sunday morning with a laugh...thanks!
    Coffee and Bagels with a shmear being served in the lounge this morning.CNN is on all the tvs.Its safe in here.Come in early and stay late.Get out of the shit,Lets work on keeping shit in perspective and chill a little.Hope everyone's day get better and is safe.Peace
  • rr165892 said:

Coffee and Bagels with a shmear being served in the lounge this morning.CNN is on all the tvs.Its safe in here.Come in early and stay late.Get out of the shit,Lets work on keeping shit in perspective and chill a little.Hope everyone's day get better and is safe.Peace

Perfectly put!! I'll take a wheat bagel please!

rr165892 said:

That's a lot of gluten Whispering,but come and get it.Washing it down with cocktails this evening is recommended
    I miss New York bagels!

When my grandmother came to visit California from NY in the late 60s, she brought a suitcase filled with them - got a photo of it somewhere.

Anyone else have a short day tomorrow?
    Short day no.But long weekend yes.So it is all good.
    Honestly, I'd be ok as well if we weren't leaving early. It's my favorite week of the year! So with you on it all being good...

...although earlier I got a "ha!" email from my husband - poor baby has to work only 2.5 hours tomorrow.

Damn those overly-nice employers!
    Long day, no day off, no weekend :((
    I am not a fan of bagels...too tough! Who has energy to chew so hard in the morning? I would have to start drinking coffee to eat bagels. Now a muffin....blueberry....yes please!
    edited November 2014
    rgambs said:

Long day, no day off, no weekend :((
    I am not a fan of bagels...too tough! Who has energy to chew so hard in the morning? I would have to start drinking coffee to eat bagels. Now a muffin....blueberry....yes please!

:D

Gotta find yourself better bagels, gambs! Crusty outside, all soft and airy inside.

*Homer drool*

Love me some muffins too though.

*edit - and the fuck, no day off?! Hope you're being well-compensated!
    Post edited by hedonist on
    Yeah I guess a legit bagel would be necessary to make a fair judgement. Lenders aren't exactly topnotch eh?
    Ouch - you work for one?

(lender, not bagel :D )

I've never had bad experiences with them on the personal side, like with re-fi's of our mortgage - answered all questions, no misrepresentations...above-board.

The ones I deal with regularly through work - usually seem stressed (but at least they get long weekends here and there!).
  • rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

That's a lot of gluten Whispering,but come and get it.Washing it down with cocktails this evening is recommended
    Except that I am in NO WAY messing up my nearly 5 months sober!! Lol I'll just take some coffee.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,599

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Except that I am in NO WAY messing up my nearly 5 months sober!! Lol I'll just take some coffee.

mmmm... coffee! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Good for you.keep it going.
  • :-D