The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    hedonist said:

I feel so bad for them yet had to laugh some. The face on the one little girl.

(sorry, little girl!)

Now here are some powerful - and badass - kids.

I'm sure I've posted it before but fuckit. It's Friday evening, cats are fed and lounging, bowl is packed (ok, partially smoked), waiting on my sweetheart to get home and just...feeling quite happy and thankful (for, among other things but this right now - MUSIC :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5VGILERzgg

hedonist said:
    Just read that Cat Stevens is doing a small North American tour, Toronto, Chicago, New York, Boston...(in December I think)

I'm so down! Gonna try and grab some tickets for Toronto/New York.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    A little bird here gave me a heads-up about his new stuff.

His is one of those voices that makes me feel - to paraphrase Ament in SVT, "not what to feel, just to feel".

Good luck on getting tickets, Idris!
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Idris said:

hedonist said:

(sorry, little girl!)

I'm sure I've posted it before but fuckit. It's Friday evening, cats are fed and lounging, bowl is packed (ok, partially smoked), waiting on my sweetheart to get home and just...feeling quite happy and thankful (for, among other things but this right now - MUSIC :) )

hedonist said:
    Just read that Cat Stevens is doing a small North American tour, Toronto, Chicago, New York, Boston...(in December I think)

Hopefully I'll see ya there in Massey Hall!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    benjs said:

Idris said:

hedonist said:

(sorry, little girl!)

hedonist said:

Hopefully I'll see ya there in Massey Hall!
    For sure!
    -
    I called Massey today, they told me to check their website periodically for (ticket) updates,
    -
    U.S. Pre sale starts on the 24th
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wow, you go backpacking in the wilderness for a few days and the AMT is like a whole different place when you get back! I missed a lot!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rgambs said:

Wow, you go backpacking in the wilderness for a few days and the AMT is like a whole different place when you get back! I missed a lot!

I was watching the extras for the movie "Cast Away" (the one where Tom Hanks' character is stranded on an island) and this wilderness expert was talking about how when people spend time in the wilderness sometimes they come home and sleep on the floor the first night or click the lights on, and off on and off, in fascination with how that can be done.

I hope your floors are soft and your light burn brightly, rgambs! Welcome back from the wonderful wilderness! Was it a good trip?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

I was watching the extras for the movie "Cast Away" (the one where Tom Hanks' character is stranded on an island) and this wilderness expert was talking about how when people spend time in the wilderness sometimes they come home and sleep on the floor the first night or click the lights on, and off on and off, in fascination with how that can be done.

I hope your floors are soft and your light burn brightly, rgambs! Welcome back from the wonderful wilderness! Was it a good trip?

Hahaha! That's great! I love that film. 4 days in the wilderness is not enough to make you sleep on the floor, only enough to make you really REALLY appreciate your pillow lol. And a hot shower...wow is there anything better? Especially when in heavy bear country where we forgo deodorant and toothpaste because it won't fit in the bear-canister. It was an amazing trip thanks for asking! We backpacked 33 miles on the Art Loeb Trail in Shining Rock Wilderness, Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina. 17,000 feet of elevation change was a new best for both of us, and my buddy slept at his highest elevation so far, when we made camp at around 6,000 ft. We saw only 3 other people and we ate wild blueberries by the handful. I was even able to catch a high resolution, super slow motion video of a Copperhead striking at the stick with which we harassed it...pretty friggen sweet to see at 400fps! Great trip, kinda wish I didn't have a baby on the way, really gonna cramp my wilderness style lol
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited September 2014
    rgambs said:

brianlux said:

rgambs said:

Hahaha! That's great! I love that film. 4 days in the wilderness is not enough to make you sleep on the floor, only enough to make you really REALLY appreciate your pillow lol. And a hot shower...wow is there anything better? Especially when in heavy bear country where we forgo deodorant and toothpaste because it won't fit in the bear-canister. It was an amazing trip thanks for asking! We backpacked 33 miles on the Art Loeb Trail in Shining Rock Wilderness, Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina. 17,000 feet of elevation change was a new best for both of us, and my buddy slept at his highest elevation so far, when we made camp at around 6,000 ft. We saw only 3 other people and we ate wild blueberries by the handful. I was even able to catch a high resolution, super slow motion video of a Copperhead striking at the stick with which we harassed it...pretty friggen sweet to see at 400fps! Great trip, kinda wish I didn't have a baby on the way, really gonna cramp my wilderness style lol
    What town is that trail head? by Boone right? Its not in Shinning rock proper is it?Did you at least stop at the "Black Cat" in Boone for one of the best burritos ever?
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    No it isn't near Boone. South of Asheville right by Brevard. I actually have heard of the Black Cat though, backpacker magazine recommends it for post hike chowing after Linville Gorge trips if I recall properly. There is so much to do down there, I will never see it all... And we drove back north with a wave of folks taking whitewater kayaks to run the Gauley in WV, if you haven't heard of it, a YouTube search of "Gauley River carnage" will be quite worth it. The carnage will be on display even if you leave that word out lol!
    Sounds like a great time. rgambs! And congratulations on baby on the way. My folks took me camping from the time I was a baby and a buddy of mine does the same with his very young two girls-- so maybe not backpacking right away but camping with kids is great and when they're old enough to backpack, that's even better! Glad you had a great time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rgambs said:

Well, as I came back here today the latest page ( eb..seller guy) was only just closed and it took a while to read 8 pages of craziness...
    First of all I have to say that I was really ashamed about the behavior from my droll fellow Countryman (the last banned stu.. dork - hups...sorry for that...)
    While reading this stuff and sometimes thinking this couldn´t be real, I was just wondering why they didn´t close it before. (Ok, we know now.)
    I´ve never read such stupid stuff from someone before (especially not here - so nice people) bc I think already at the first sites he used a word that took my breath away and I was so shocked - I thought I have to tell him that he must shut up immediately. At this moment I recognised that it was already closed! While reading on I also noticed that noone else recognised it...for luck.
    Normally I would say things like this are not worth to talk about but this guy was going just too far - even that it was very funny to read some of the last pages and he really didn´t understand that he was the problem in person.
    Then I saw that all his sides were closed and I am really asking myself what kind of guy he might be? Fact is this kind of speaking is really that kind of shit with what Germans must handel to date.
    For me it was more shocking as maybe some of you can imagine, think Leezestarr knows what I mean bc she tried to make him understand in German. But this is not normal behavior here in Germany! And I really didn´t think that I ever would apologise for someone who I actually don´t know but I really feel bad on that.
    So I am sorry to leave this shit on the Lounge but it seems like it just flows and I had to say it to feel better now.
    And one more: compared to this guy I don´t know if the other banned guy should has stayed here...(but I don´t exactly know enough about that)
    Enough now...don´t want to talk bad about someone again and I am sure there will be no more reason for doing that.

PEACE & LOVE
    edited September 2014
    kce8 said:

rgambs said:

Well, as I came back here today the latest page ( eb..seller guy) was only just closed and it took a while to read 8 pages of craziness...
    First of all I have to say that I was really ashamed about the behavior from my droll fellow Countryman (the last banned stu.. dork - hups...sorry for that...)
    While reading this stuff and sometimes thinking this couldn´t be real, I was just wondering why they didn´t close it before. (Ok, we know now.)
    I´ve never read such stupid stuff from someone before (especially not here - so nice people) bc I think already at the first sites he used a word that took my breath away and I was so shocked - I thought I have to tell him that he must shut up immediately. At this moment I recognised that it was already closed! While reading on I also noticed that noone else recognised it...for luck.
    Normally I would say things like this are not worth to talk about but this guy was going just too far - even that it was very funny to read some of the last pages and he really didn´t understand that he was the problem in person.
    Then I saw that all his sides were closed and I am really asking myself what kind of guy he might be? Fact is this kind of speaking is really that kind of shit with what Germans must handel to date.
    For me it was more shocking as maybe some of you can imagine, think Leezestarr knows what I mean bc she tried to make him understand in German. But this is not normal behavior here in Germany! And I really didn´t think that I ever would apologise for someone who I actually don´t know but I really feel bad on that.
    So I am sorry to leave this shit on the Lounge but it seems like it just flows and I had to say it to feel better now.
    And one more: compared to this guy I don´t know if the other banned guy should has stayed here...(but I don´t exactly know enough about that)
    Enough now...don´t want to talk bad about someone again and I am sure there will be no more reason for doing that.

PEACE & LOVE
    Welcome to the Lounge Car, kce8. (Who's tending bar today? rr? Hedonist?) Have a drink. Relax. We pretty much just drink (or smoke a little green if that's your thing), listen to music, fuck around, laugh, give empathy and hugs or goof off here in the lounge.

Cheers!

And you apologized for your language "limitations"?! Your command of it is impressive - much better than my German (and I'm half :D )

I love this thread for its participants, for its openness no matter the subject; it's peaceful and a nice little sanctuary.

Especially on this Friday! I snuck out from work a little early and am thoroughly enjoying this head-start on the weekend.

Prost!
    hedonist said:

And you apologized for your language "limitations"?! Your command of it is impressive - much better than my German (and I'm half :D )

I love this thread for its participants, for its openness no matter the subject; it's peaceful and a nice little sanctuary.

Especially on this Friday! I snuck out from work a little early and am thoroughly enjoying this head-start on the weekend.

Prost!

Ah! So you are tending bar this afternoon/evening, eh Hedonist?! I have to drive to Sac International late this evening so I'm glad this place is open all hours! :-D

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

rgambs said:

PEACE & LOVE
    Welcome to the Lounge Car, kce8. (Who's tending bar today? rr? Hedonist?) Have a drink. Relax. We pretty much just drink (or smoke a little green if that's your thing), listen to music, fuck around, laugh, give empathy and hugs or goof off here in the lounge.

Cheers!

Thank you so much Brianlux, now I am really feeling better! Think I will get me a big glass Red Wine now even if it´s 2 after midnight and I better would get some sleep...
    >:D< Feeling hugged now :\">

Cheers !
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Prost!

Ah! So you are tending bar this afternoon/evening, eh Hedonist?! I have to drive to Sac International late this evening so I'm glad this place is open all hours! :-D

I can bartend but my speciali-tay is bowl-packing :D

Safe travels, B!
    hedonist said:

Prost!

Hey hedonist,

thanx for that :D
    But I don´t tell you that it took me just half an hour to write it... #:-S
    Echt, du bist Halb Deutsch? Freue mich, dich kennenzulernen! Great, then you can tell me if I am talking weird stuff! lol :))

Like this place and you people here!
    kce8 said:

hedonist said:

Prost!

Hey hedonist,

Echt, du bist Halb Deutsch? Freue mich, dich kennenzulernen! Great, then you can tell me if I am talking weird stuff! lol :))

Most welcome! And if you asked what I think you did (that I speak German?) - nope :)

My knowledge of the language is sadly limited to a few words, and the German endearments spoken by my father. Will always have a fondness for that accent.

And now I'm sitting here smiling, thinking about those words he spoke with love. "Liebchen".

Thanks :) And speak away, always, in any language. Good energy always comes through.
    kce8 said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

rgambs said:

PEACE & LOVE

Cheers!

Thank you so much Brianlux, now I am really feeling better! Think I will get me a big glass Red Wine now even if it´s 2 after midnight and I better would get some sleep...

Cheers !
    Wunderbar, kce! I don't know much Deutsch but my favorite word is "usgezeichnet"! :-)

Hedonist: That bowl packing sounds good too! ;-)

hedonist said:

kce8 said:

hedonist said:

Prost!

Hey hedonist,

Most welcome! And if you asked what I think you did (that I speak German?) - nope :)

My knowledge of the language is sadly limited to a few words, and the German endearments spoken by my father. Will always have a fondness for that accent.

And now I'm sitting here smiling, thinking about those words he spoke with love. "Liebchen".

Thanks :) And speak away, always, in any language. Good energy always comes through.
    No, sorry, I didn´t asked if you speak German. But I thought you could! I said something like "Really, you are half german? Very nice to meet you!" And it comes from heart.

"Liebchen" is a really hearty word and it tells me your dad must be a warm and great dad! Liebchen is no empty phrase so you can feel it is spoken with love! You can be proud to got this dad!
    Funny thing: my dad called me "Hexchen" or "Butterfly" as I was a little girl. And he is very german. (Hexchen = minimization of little witch/minx? also with a lovely meaning). So we are both blessed!

Feeling so good at heart now - thank you for that! >:D<
    Too funny - thought you were a dude but seems we are both our fathers' daughters.

Next week will mark six years since he died, but he's with me if that makes sense. And yes, he (along with my husband) was the best man I knew.

You sound as fortunate as I on the father-front. Blessed indeed, and thank YOU.
    brianlux said:

kce8 said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

rgambs said:

PEACE & LOVE

Cheers!

Cheers !
    Wunderbar, kce! I don't know much Deutsch but my favorite word is "usgezeichnet"! :-)

:-bd Great, wunderbar is such a good and positive word too!
    So I think you accidental missed the a on "ausgezeichnet" . There is no better word than this to describe something good!
    You chooses great words that says a lot and I think you are a deep reader so there are surely some more good german words you know.... ;)

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed! Prost!
    hedonist said:

Too funny - thought you were a dude but seems we are both our fathers' daughters.

Next week will mark six years since he died, but he's with me if that makes sense. And yes, he (along with my husband) was the best man I knew.

You sound as fortunate as I on the father-front. Blessed indeed, and thank YOU.

Very sorry to hear that, I even cannot imagine to loose my dad. From another way I can say it def makes sense to feel him by your side. And congratulations, not everyone could say something good about her husband! You lucky girl ! But seems like these are really good, sensitive men all the PJammers!
    Maybe if there were more PJ Fans in the world, we would automaticly have more peace and love everywhere... ;):D
    :)>-
    kce8 said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

brianlux said:

kce8 said:

rgambs said:

PEACE & LOVE

Cheers!

Cheers !

:-bd Great, wunderbar is such a good and positive word too!
    So I think you accidental missed the a on "ausgezeichnet" . There is no better word than this to describe something good!
    You chooses great words that says a lot and I think you are a deep reader so there are surely some more good german words you know.... ;)

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed! Prost!
    You are so right! Ausgezeichnet!

Cheers... I mean Prost! :-D

Have to sleep now - it´s 3:30 am here in good old Germany...

Good night and >:D<
    Guten nacht :)>-
    I haven't been to Germany proper, but when we crossed from Italy into Austria, EVERYTHING got better! The food, the cleanliness, the promptness, the kindness, and the overall character of the towns. I heart Austria!
    Really? Glad to hear that. You must come to Germany sometime - it´s not that bad ;)

Talking about the cleanliness and promptness lol, ok I can agree! But didn´t think we could stick with the kindness and food! Ok, bread,yes for sure, but I always thought foreigners believes we Germans are grumpy and uncommunicative...so that is really nice to hear that.
    It´s really nice here maybe a little bit boring sometimes but over all we have good people here!

Was very astonished to see how many foreign people came to Berlin to see PJ there - that was so great!

So make sure to come to Berlin next time! <:-P
    sorry, I accidently pressed review
  • I've been to Germany and we had a fantastic time. Beautiful scenery, great wine, easy to get around by public transportation - what more could you ask for? Oh, and friendly people too! Maybe a bit blunt, but certainly not grumpy.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf