The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Joining you, man.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    brianlux said:

I don't drink to forget- at this point in my life generally only a a few at most just to relax a little. Tonight I drink to Captain, my Captain Williams. Going to go have a good stiff one now so you all take care and I''ll catch up with you all later.

Salute.

Here,here!!!
    This place has been empty all week.Ill take a nice Goose Island draft please.I need wash down some CPK frozen pizzas.Goes great with a Robin Williams film fest.
    Cheers to the weekend guys!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rr165892 said:

This place has been empty all week.Ill take a nice Goose Island draft please.I need wash down some CPK frozen pizzas.Goes great with a Robin Williams film fest.
    Cheers to the weekend guys!

Believe me, this car fills up quickly Friday evening!

Cheers!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Have a drink, have a drink, I'm buying!

(no grievances here this evening though :D )

Which films are you watching, rr?

I'm gonna see if I can find one of his movies on-demand this weekend.
    Ya know Hedonist,Im glad last week you put up that clip of Robin W after we were talking about "Fosse,Fosse,Fosse" .That will always now pop into my head when His name comes up.Its kinda spooky with the timing of that post .He was so humbled and real and open with that laughing gorilla.So thanks for that.So cool.
    I was going to go with Dead Poets or Birdcage but I got stuck watching the combo of Failure to Launch and Who do you think you are Valerie Bertinelli edition(She's a descendent of King Edward 1.Who knew?) with Mrs.rr.

May also consider World according to Garp.
    I was thinking about that clip as well - its timing. I've gone back to it a couple of times this week and it's brought me such happiness amid the mourning. Glad it did something similar for you too.

I've never seen those first two films but I LOVE Garp!

Hope you and your Mrs. have a good weekend - lots of laughs. Needed all around.
    edited August 2014
    You've Never Seen The Birdcage????????What?????That can't be correct.
    Williams take on La cage aux Folles.With Nathan Lane and Hank Azaria,Gene Hackman.
    Please say it isn't so? This is an absolute must see.An Extremely funny,gret acted and entertaining movie.You must watch it immediately.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    No no, Failure to Launch and the other one you ended up watching. I thought they were his films too :D

Yes, yes...I loved the original but the remake as well. He and Lane were perfect together.
    hedonist said:

No no, Failure to Launch and the other one you ended up watching. I thought they were his films too :D

Yes, yes...I loved the original but the remake as well. He and Lane were perfect together.

Ok good,I was getting worried.lol
    Failure to Launch is a Rom/Com with Matt McConaughy,Brad cooper,Kathy Bates,Sarah Jessica Parker.Not a chick flick,its actually very entertaining?When you don't want a heavy,give a go.Mr Hedonist will enjoy as well.
    Sorry, rr...aside from my loving LA Story, SJP is enough for him (and me) to veto :D

If you get the CLOO channel, they're running a Mork & Mindy marathon. It sure brought back some nice memories. Must've been such a treat to work on that show with him.
    Not a big fan of hers either,but still a fun movie.

I posted last week about a comedy special that can be rented on Netflix from Iliza Schlesinger called "War Paint" Very very ridiculously funny.Give it a go
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Got a scratchy throat.. quick give me a whiskey... and keep 'em coming.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Got a scratchy throat.. quick give me a whiskey... and keep 'em coming.

Would you like that straight up, or perhaps as a hot toddy?
    Hope you feel better soon!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

^^^ That is SO COOL! :-D

Why not? The man is a smile that comes more than easy, plus a goofy-ass dancer :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUiw1Lko_j8
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    New Avatar :)
    edited August 2014
    Is that colored vape smoke?

I'd just gotten used to the blue av :D

hedonist said:

Is that colored vape smoke?

I'd just gotten used to the blue av :D

Technically it's not colored vapor/smoke, having said that, now that you mention it, I kinda see it as just that, 'colored vape smoke'...and I like it even more now!

Thanks!
    Haha...it's the pothead in me :O)
    Ya, I like it, Idris. To me it looks like a super-magnified image of the brain-energy put out by a very interesting, imaginative thought. :-)

brianlux said:

Ya, I like it, Idris. To me it looks like a super-magnified image of the brain-energy put out by a very interesting, imaginative thought. :-)

Alright then, this avatar is for sure a keeper (for now anyway!)
    I'm keeping my Binaural! It was some kind of default thing when I re-upped and couldn't (wouldn't!) be arsed to change it.

So...I was cattin' about on youtube, digging on All the Young Dudes, and one of the related/suggested videos was this (the fuck? and not just in it being in that video roll, but those children. "Look happy or else!")
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSedE5sU3uc

Antidote? My much-loved George. That smile just after the beginning, beautiful. But no more so than he himself was.

You know music quenches when you unconsciously smile while listening.

Pretty and thought-provoking changeup on the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpsL58Yto4I

Those kids!...Powerful! :))
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    damn hedo, how'd you find that?!

kinda freaked me out

:)) 8-}
    I feel so bad for them yet had to laugh some. The face on the one little girl.

(sorry, little girl!)

Now here are some powerful - and badass - kids.

I'm sure I've posted it before but fuckit. It's Friday evening, cats are fed and lounging, bowl is packed (ok, partially smoked), waiting on my sweetheart to get home and just...feeling quite happy and thankful (for, among other things but this right now - MUSIC :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5VGILERzgg
    wHOO hOOoo! ^^^ Those kids are great!!

I just love those kids. So talented and sweetly earnest - me, didn't even come close to that awareness at that age.

Speaking of which, watching a Hendrix HOF tribute - Hey Joe - Winwood on keys and vocals, and my old buddy shredding it.

Gah!

(I am SO reveling in this evening)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crdq2oYNaoc

edited August 2014
    ^^^ Nice! With Mitch on Drums and Billy on bass no less!! Thanks for posting it!

Seeing Jimi play "Hey Joe" at Winterland in 1968 and him doing that little "shouldn't let other people get your [quick faux sucking on joint/ poke on the arm with finger/click of the tongue] kicks for you" was one of the biggest thrills of my life. :-D
    Post edited by brianlux on