The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Brian, I'll be forever envious of (yet happy for) you having had that Hendrix...

...wait for it...

"experience" :D

He was something else. I read somewhere how he didn't like his voice but to me, it was perfection along with how he loved on his guitar.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

Brian, I'll be forever envious of (yet happy for) you having had that Hendrix...

...wait for it...

"experience" :D

He was something else. I read somewhere how he didn't like his voice but to me, it was perfection along with how he loved on his guitar.

Yeah, I've heard that also- but I'm glad he didn't let that stand in the way- what a voice!

Speaking of Jimi, I recently came across this book called Becoming Jimi Hendrix by Steven Roby and Brad Schrieber. My first thought was, "gee, I wonder if I'm up for reading yet again the same stories" ( I've read a BUNCH of Hendrix books). But this one a little different in that it focuses primarily on Jimi's musical development- his formative years as a musician. Recommended. :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Not sure if this is going to sound like apathy, but I'm gonna try and just hang here and kick back for the weekend. Besides, the bartender just hung up three new signs:

"This car is air-conditioned and has been specially outfitted with air cushioned bogies for your comfort."

"Please smoke in the vestibules only unless using a vaporizer."

"Saturday special: First drink is on the house!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Nah, those fuckit pockets of time are necessary.

Having had AC issues the last couple of days (fortunately, it's back in business - amazing how spoiled we've become!), hanging out in the cool is quite nice. Pretty much what we're doing this afternoon - dude's in the bedroom doing some online beta game, cats are snoozing on the bed next to him, and I'm in the other room watching My Cat From Hell (and we're literally less than 20 feet from each other :D ).

I'm off to a vestibule!
    WARNING:

Nearly two minutes of cuteness while crunching to follow (viewing in its entirety not necessary to fully appreciate).

Note ear action, along with facial expressions - especially the brows/eye region.

Perhaps most impressive, paws in place the entire time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-lENgITCQ

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    those ears!!!
    norm said:

those ears!!!

At 0:24!
    Oh me oh my oh!

I'm (re)finding gems all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4
    hedonist said:

norm said:

those ears!!!

At 0:24!
    Nice! Does the dog fly with those things going? LOL

Brian, how are you doing up there? I'm watching footage of the quake that hit the Napa area this morning...some of the damage looks pretty bad.

Hope you and other folks up in NorCal are OK.
    hedonist said:

Brian, how are you doing up there? I'm watching footage of the quake that hit the Napa area this morning...some of the damage looks pretty bad.

Hope you and other folks up in NorCal are OK.

Earthquake? I'll have to check the news- didn't feel a thing. Not surprised as sleep is all nor nothing for me. I once slept through firefighters evacuating the neighborhood I lived in Sonoma County. The next day my neighbors asked me where I was. I said, "At home sleeping, why?" @-)

HFC! 6.0 magnitude! I asked my sweetheart if she felt the earthquake last night. She said, "No". How strange!

Well, on the upside, you got a good night's sleep and no damage where you are!
    hedonist said:

Well, on the upside, you got a good night's sleep and no damage where you are!

Yeah- slept like a rock. We're about 80 miles east of the epicenter. I think it must be partially due to how the quake ran underground- We've felt smaller quakes at further distances from here. Looking at some videos posted it looks some injuries and a lot of damage including a lot of Napa County wine (Napa's major economic product) that was lost.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Is the racetrack ok?
    rr, without context, that question was great :D

So I got an early start on the long weekend, due to the fact that, oh...

TERMITES TOOK OVER MY OFFICE

To the point I was angrily crushing them into the carpet and swatting the ones flying around me.

Had some serious heebie-jeebies even after I came home early. Their color is close to that of my hair, and I was paranoid they were in it.

Funny in retrospect but holy shit it creeped me out.

Anyway! Getting the weekend going and getting rid of the skeeviness.

What was that old commercial..."Calgon, take me away!"

Guess I'll turn to music instead :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYu9F2J9TbI
    edited August 2014
    hedonist said:

rr, without context, that question was great :D

So I got an early start on the long weekend, due to the fact that, oh...

TERMITES TOOK OVER MY OFFICE

To the point I was angrily crushing them into the carpet and swatting the ones flying around me.

Had some serious heebie-jeebies even after I came home early. Their color is close to that of my hair, and I was paranoid they were in it.

Funny in retrospect but holy shit it creeped me out.

Anyway! Getting the weekend going and getting rid of the skeeviness.

What was that old commercial..."Calgon, take me away!"

Guess I'll turn to music instead :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYu9F2J9TbI

Well, this makes for interesting lounge conversation, Hedonist! As much as most of us are not big fans of them, humans rely on ants, termites, various fungi and bacteria and some other tiny critters for our existence. But one thing for sure- WE DON'T NEED TERMITES IN OUR OFFICES!

And not in the lounge either! :-D

P.S. Worms in the tequila? Maybe. But not in my glass, please!

Post edited by brianlux on

I've never eaten the worm (...insert obligatory "that's what she said" :D ).

I have always been fascinated by insects of all kinds (not just visually but also for their fortitude and banding together - they are badass with a capital B), especially those huge motherfucking beetles, but moreso baffled by my anger with them. I think it's more about invading my space (my mind).
    Yeah, we get some of those Sherman Tank beetles here too, for sure!

We have had approximately 215,756,995 (give or take a hundred thousand) ants visit our place this year. I finally said, "ENOUGH! GO AWAY!" =; But do they listen? [-X

Dragon flys are the bomb.My insect of choice.

I feel you on the termites,Hedonist.We get an outbreak in one of our upstairs rooms every spring when we have the palms trimmed for hurricane season.Little fuckers just want to eat part of the house.The main support and outside walls are solid cement block,but they do a number on interior studs.And cost a pretty penny to treat.
    Everyone have a great safe long weekend.Drinks all around on me.
    Mrs,rr and myself are heading out to the Slash concert tonight at the Hard Rock in Ft.Lauderdale with the great Myles Kennedy singing for him.Im not sure if I'm excited or just going with the flow on this one.I know he does a lot of GNR and Velvet Revolver plus some Zep covers.Anyone seen him solo?
    rr165892 said:

Everyone have a great safe long weekend.Drinks all around on me.
    Mrs,rr and myself are heading out to the Slash concert tonight at the Hard Rock in Ft.Lauderdale with the great Myles Kennedy singing for him.Im not sure if I'm excited or just going with the flow on this one.I know he does a lot of GNR and Velvet Revolver plus some Zep covers.Anyone seen him solo?

Hey, sounds like fun. Have a great time, rr! Same to all here!

Have a blast, rr - what I've seen of him and Myles has been absolutely kickass. Both quite talented.

I say be excited AND go with the flow :)
    Show was good,Kennedy does GNR better then bloated Axl.Slash is amazing on those Les Paul's .Venue kinda sucked,too many people sitting,no pit and in my 40s I felt young compared to a lot of the crowd.
    Wife gave the show a 6 on the 10 scale,I knew if I had gotten her another double Vodka(Titos ) tonic it coulda been a 7 or 8.Oh well.Ill post a pic or 2 later.
    I'm feeling like its an old school Van Halen weekend.
    rr165892 said:

Show was good,Kennedy does GNR better then bloated Axl.Slash is amazing on those Les Paul's .Venue kinda sucked,too many people sitting,no pit and in my 40s I felt young compared to a lot of the crowd.
    Wife gave the show a 6 on the 10 scale,I knew if I had gotten her another double Vodka(Titos ) tonic it coulda been a 7 or 8.Oh well.Ill post a pic or 2 later.

That's what some of us are here for, young man. :)) Glad you had a good time!

Gonna hang out here awhile and relax in the lounge car sans controversy. ;-)

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

That's what some of us are here for, young man. :)) Glad you had a good time!

Gonna hang out here awhile and relax in the lounge car sans controversy. ;-)

I needed that Brian.thanks
    I was gonna post this in the no god thread as a (sort of) indication of how I feel about it all.

Then again, this made me so happy, seemed more fitting here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLq7mHjdG8
    ^^^ HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Jack's voice was made for that song!

Thanks, H! That was cool- a couple of gods at play. :-D

Nice post.
    In three weeks we are headed to Atlanta for the Music Midtown fest.PJ and Foo played it 2years ago,Janes,Queens,Weezer,Journey last year.This year line up is a little funky with John Mayer,Jack White,Eminem,Lorde,Zac Brown Band.I love ZBB and they headline sat night at same time as Eminem so Thats a no brainier.But Fri night jack White,who I want to see is on the same time as John Mayer,who wifey wants to see.So I have a big scheduling issue(thank you idiot organizers for a well thought out plan putting both headliners on at same time).Is jack White that good live I should put up a stink?A little input if you guys have seen either would be helpful.
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsf31bf871.jpg"

Friday night