The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Ah, Slash is just so fucking gifted. Love him.

As to your conundrum...of the artists you mention, the only one whose music I know (and adore) is White's. I haven't seen him live but the footage OF him live? Talent surrounded by talent.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Happy Friday !!!! Who's drinking what?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rr165892 said:

Happy Friday !!!! Who's drinking what?

Happy Friday, rr and everyone!
    Nothing at the moment but I predict in a couple hours I'll be sipping some nice cool chardonnay. Cheers!
    :-)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    rr165892 said:

Nice post.
    In three weeks we are headed to Atlanta for the Music Midtown fest.PJ and Foo played it 2years ago,Janes,Queens,Weezer,Journey last year.This year line up is a little funky with John Mayer,Jack White,Eminem,Lorde,Zac Brown Band.I love ZBB and they headline sat night at same time as Eminem so Thats a no brainier.But Fri night jack White,who I want to see is on the same time as John Mayer,who wifey wants to see.So I have a big scheduling issue(thank you idiot organizers for a well thought out plan putting both headliners on at same time).Is jack White that good live I should put up a stink?A little input if you guys have seen either would be helpful.

Go see Jack White. I saw him last week and he was amazing.

But maybe I'm the wrong person to give you advice since I think John Mayer is boring as fuck.

We're all friends here in the lounge. :-h
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

Nice post.
    In three weeks we are headed to Atlanta for the Music Midtown fest.PJ and Foo played it 2years ago,Janes,Queens,Weezer,Journey last year.This year line up is a little funky with John Mayer,Jack White,Eminem,Lorde,Zac Brown Band.I love ZBB and they headline sat night at same time as Eminem so Thats a no brainier.But Fri night jack White,who I want to see is on the same time as John Mayer,who wifey wants to see.So I have a big scheduling issue(thank you idiot organizers for a well thought out plan putting both headliners on at same time).Is jack White that good live I should put up a stink?A little input if you guys have seen either would be helpful.

Go see Jack White. I saw him last week and he was amazing.

But maybe I'm the wrong person to give you advice since I think John Mayer is boring as fuck.

I'm with you and Hedo on this.But here is the rub.The night before is the Richmond Foo Fighters private gig,and a week after is PJ in STL.So according to wifey I get what I want(musically speaking) and the only act at Midtown other then ZBB that she wants to see is John Mayer.Even though she is also a big FOO fan I do kinda drag her with me to PJ, so she does have a point and some leverage.Maybe I can go for a 3song beer run twice?
    Ahhhh,went with refreshing Saki Bombs again while enjoying some PF Changs appetizers at the bar.I love Fridays.
    My fucking god is it only Monday?

*edit - typed the above and stepped aside to hit the bowl and the snifter (last few days have challenged me as never before...and I've had my moments).

The Beans - Cat #1 - took the opportunity to sit on the keyboard and while staring me down, typed out around fifty lines of ".".

Animals put shit in perspective. Such beautiful, wonderful, humorous, thought-provoking perspective.

Now I've gotta go nuzzle the belly and ears of Cat #2.

ps to rr - I love PF Changs. And the Foos have played several times over the last few years at the Troubadour, close by to my work. Didn't know till after the fact, dammit.
    hedonist said:

My fucking god is it only Monday?

*edit - typed the above and stepped aside to hit the bowl and the snifter (last few days have challenged me as never before...and I've had my moments).

The Beans - Cat #1 - took the opportunity to sit on the keyboard and while staring me down, typed out around fifty lines of ".".

Animals put shit in perspective. Such beautiful, wonderful, humorous, thought-provoking perspective.

Now I've gotta go nuzzle the belly and ears of Cat #2.

ps to rr - I love PF Changs. And the Foos have played several times over the last few years at the Troubadour, close by to my work. Didn't know till after the fact, dammit.

Sorry to hear about the couple of rough day and hope things are going better, Hedonist. Yes, thank heavens for our critters!

Thanks, Brian. We shall see what the future days bring in the aftermath of recent goings-on.

It's somewhat liberating, tapping into reserves I didn't realize I had.

I've also been scolded to NOT allow cats onto the keyboard.

Fur...duh!
    hedonist said:

Thanks, Brian. We shall see what the future days bring in the aftermath of recent goings-on.

It's somewhat liberating, tapping into reserves I didn't realize I had.

I've also been scolded to NOT allow cats onto the keyboard.

Fur...duh!

I left some cat tracks on a post once that Annie added to my tying that sort of looked like js88ff8778yyy447g6jkg..... and 81 scolded me, "Don't let the cat on the computer!"
    I miss that guy :))

Sorry Hedo on all your rough few days and especially missing out on the Foo's:))))
    .Hopefully all your stress is in the rear view mirror and its cool runnings ahead.May I recommend a trip to one of your SoCal tasty dispensaries for baked goodies and dessert type items and A good Will Ferrel movie.Kinda a double whammy for the soul.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited September 2014
    rr165892 said:

Nice post.

Saw jack White few weeks ago. Great performance and if you've never seen him must do. Try the double vodkas or other bribery w the wife.

Too early for a beverage but take an oj.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    edited September 2014
    rr165892 said:

Sorry Hedo on all your rough few days and especially missing out on the Foo's:))))
    .Hopefully all your stress is in the rear view mirror and its cool runnings ahead.May I recommend a trip to one of your SoCal tasty dispensaries for baked goodies and dessert type items and A good Will Ferrel movie.Kinda a double whammy for the soul.

Thank you, rr. Hitting the dispensary for sure this week!

At the moment, catching a pretty sunrise. Nice calm time for now.

edited September 2014
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Nice post.

Saw jack. White few weeks ago. Great performance and of you've never seen him must do. Try the double vodkas or other bribery w the wife.

Told momma,folks on the PJ site say Jack White is a must and John Mayer makes goofy faces and is boring.She said"lets not waste time with a shitty show,lets go to Jack White then" so I think I dodged the bullet.But I will be using the double vodkas to promote a stress free and playfull enviorment thru out the weekend.
    Thanks for the input folks.And Callen I will see if I can find you some of our fresh squeezed Florida OJ.Nothing better on a hot day(Other then Beer of course)
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Nice post.

Saw jack. White few weeks ago. Great performance and of you've never seen him must do. Try the double vodkas or other bribery w the wife.

Told momma,folks on the PJ site say Jack White is a must and John Mayer makes goofy faces and is boring.She said"lets not waste time with a shitty show,lets go to Jack White then" so I think I dodged the bullet.But I will be using the double vodkas to promote a stress free and playfull enviorment thru out the weekend.
    Thanks for the input folks.And Callen I will see if I can find you some of our fresh squeezed Florida OJ.Nothing better on a hot day(Other then Beer of course)
    Would be much appreciated and heard of shortage of OJ due to disease. Hope y'all get that under control.

Jack white was a real treat. Did do the waiting all day to be up front. Was worth it though exhausting.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    And as catching this morning's sunrise, also am fortunate to see this gorgeous moon do the same. It's not Moonstruck huge - la bella luna! - but just lovely. Needed.

Not sure how, but makes my small self thankful to just be, to see and appreciate.

And to my sweetheart, as this month marks 15 years together (thank you, PJ and the Sony BBS :D) and one year of marriage...

Because I'm still in love with you
    On this harvest moon

The vows we took were lived before we spoke them.
    hedonist said:

And as catching this morning's sunrise, also am fortunate to see this gorgeous moon do the same. It's not Moonstruck huge - la bella luna! - but just lovely. Needed.

Not sure how, but makes my small self thankful to just be, to see and appreciate.

And to my sweetheart, as this month marks 15 years together (thank you, PJ and the Sony BBS :D) and one year of marriage...

Because I'm still in love with you
    On this harvest moon

The vows we took were lived before we spoke them.

Congratulations! 15 years- awesome!
    C. and I celebrate out 10th Anniv. (12 yrs together) next month. :-)

edited September 2014
    Congrats to both of you.I love the love here in the lounge.
    Brian Oct is a great month for Anniversary's.Since we are putting it out there,Mrs rr and myself have been together since HS.(We started young,but also got the kids out of the house while we are still youngish)28 years together,next month married 25 years.Still rocking!!!
    And Hedo you are spot on with that Harvest moon.Running my dogs by moonlight this morning was awesome.
    Thanks, guys! Love the love here too (and your wives are lucky women :) )
    rr165892 said:

Congrats to both of you.I love the love here in the lounge.
    Brian Oct is a great month for Anniversary's.Since we are putting it out there,Mrs rr and myself have been together since HS.(We started young,but also got the kids out of the house while we are still youngish)28 years together,next month married 25 years.Still rocking!!!

Excellent, rr! Those kinds of numbers are rare these days but obviously its about way more than just the numbers... 'cause you folks are still rocking!- THAT is wonderful! :-D

Well...we ARE having a heatwave.

And check out those duds :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tCc--3xw10

hedonist said:

Well...we ARE having a heatwave.

And check out those duds :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tCc--3xw10

Ohh yeah! Sly and Family Stone- so cool!! Love those guys!

And yes, weather- so hot! I'm doing a book fair in Sac this week end- set up was today- and we're roasting down there!

Thanks for the cool Sly Stone track!

So long as you're smiling, man! Keep cool and watered up and down - and good wishes for the fair .
    hedonist said:

So long as you're smiling, man! Keep cool and watered up and down - and good wishes for the fair .

Thanks! :-D

Have a chill weekend loungers.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Cheers you too..time for a drink I think.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138