Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

imagephoto imagejpg1_zps6bd123ee.jpg" />

This is from Deluna fest(thanks PJ online) Ed joins Gaslight for State of Love and trust, 2 bands before taking the stage to headline on that Friday night.A real special treat for those of us waiting hours to hold rail spots baking in the sun.Goosebump moment.
    And yes they played Oceans with the moon over the Water,with toes in the sand.Classic shit.

See the guy in blue sleeveless shirt on rail on center isle.We were directly across from him,other side of center Isle.Not bad viewing at all,but bathroom trips sucked.

Was right in front of you.
    Were you Deluna VIP or ten club?I think you know what I'm going to ask next?
    Almost went to jail but kept my spot.
    Dude,you must have been right next to me!It took that lying sheriff who threatened to arrest us to get us to leave.We got back to the side rail but 2or 3spots deeper,more toward that 45 degree rear corner.I had my youngest kid with me(she was 17 at the time)and my wife.I thought you may remember as she was the only teenager there(up front).and there was a single dude from Chicago who was cool also right there.
    Don't remember you or your daughter but if you got swig of eds wine I passed it to you. Was using all the non-refusal words I could think of with deputy so he couldn't arrest me but it was rough. Ended up back same spot as I started, on rail almost all way left right in front of you. We were all banding together so sure we spoke.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    No wine,No worries.It was a bitter sweet night,with a bit of a rough pre concert start but I thought the show although a fest show was great.We got Of this Earth,Eddie climbing the speaker rig,One of the best Porch guitar solos yet and oceans with sand and beer.It was my daughters first PJ show,especially up close.So all in all great night.
    Now you are from Cali right?Because I met some Cali folks at pool side bar (Hilton)who were in for the show at the hotel.The guy or his wife was a teacher I think, and they had been to many shows.They always travelled on vaca to see PJ. that wasn't you was it?
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps71e82c0b.jpg" />

New Foo Fighters album art? This is the 8 city collage put together.Just a share for my fellow Foo fans.Big news Monday !
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Of course Hollywood is on the left :D

Very cool image and I like the building / infinity symbol in the midst of it. What city is that from?

Here, it's finally cooled off some. Nice and buzzed summer evening with the ones I love and Jaws playing on AMC in the background.

I always thought Brody (Roy Scheider) was Linda Lavin's doppleganger.

Loved him in All That Jazz!

edited August 2014
    hedonist said:

Of course Hollywood is on the left :D

Very cool image and I like the building / infinity symbol in the midst of it. What city is that from?

Here, it's finally cooled off some. Nice and buzzed summer evening with the ones I love and Jaws playing on AMC in the background.

I always thought Brody (Roy Scheider) was Linda Lavin's doppleganger.

Loved him in All That Jazz!

They merged the 8 cities they recorded the album in into one skyline(La,NY,Chi,DC,Sea,Nash,NO, and I'm missing one,its early).The concept for album is take the recording style of those who came thru those studios and sprinkle the local flavor into the sessions.It should be an epic album.All lyrics were written and added after all music was recorded on last day os session in each city.So dave could "Feel the music,to inspire the words"The infinity sign is actually an 8. For the 8th LP.No real building.

I saw Jaws on AMC and my wife is allergic to commercials,so got in 5 min and then she requested a change to"something she didn't need to think about". So Back to The Future won out.

I always convert anything Fosse into Robin Williams doing the scene from the birdcage where he is instructing the dancers."fosse,fosse,fosse".Now that is great movie.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps18a90bd7.jpg" />

Happy weekend loungers.Big rock weekend in South Florida.We got Linkin Park,30 seconds to Mars tonight and Soundgarden/NIN Sunday.Rock on!
    Sunday sounds like a damn nice combo. Have fun!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,833
    A Manhattan, please.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    rr, your Robin Williams reference had me looking for some of his stand-up online, which led me to him with Koko the gorilla.

(for the record, Koko fucking rocks; so smart and gentle...intuitive)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs

(and a Manhattan for Brooklyn boy up there :D)
    hedonist said:

rr, your Robin Williams reference had me looking for some of his stand-up online, which led me to him with Koko the gorilla.

(for the record, Koko fucking rocks; so smart and gentle...intuitive)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs

(and a Manhattan for Brooklyn boy up there :D)

The gorilla laughing is Soooo cool.I think Robin Williams may have more arm hair than KoKo.lol
    rr165892 said:

imagephoto imagejpg1_zps18a90bd7.jpg" />

Happy weekend loungers.Big rock weekend in South Florida.We got Linkin Park,30 seconds to Mars tonight and Soundgarden/NIN Sunday.Rock on!

Tonight was just an appetizer for Sunday.Cant wait for a little Jesus Christ Pose and Rusty Cage.
    Very smoothe,good coking dinner music.thx

How do you get the video to post. and not just a clickable link.Im kinda tech challenged.It took my a while to figure out the picture upload(Im using photobucket for that).Any advice?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    edited August 2014
    rr165892 said:

Very smoothe,good coking dinner music.thx

How do you get the video to post. and not just a clickable link.Im kinda tech challenged.It took my a while to figure out the picture upload(Im using photobucket for that).Any advice?

Coking and dinner, eh rr? Sounds like you're having too much fun, hahaha!

What I don't get is why sometimes when a link is posted it just post the link and when sometimes a link is posted it posts the video like that really awesome Pickett/Allman vid Hedonist posted.

By the way, cheers everybody! And man, oh man, am I ready for something cold and strong. A little Cuervo on the rocks, bartender! Muchas gracias!

(don'tcha love that edit feature for misspelled words! :-) )

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Just paste the link straight into the body (that's what she said :D). When you preview, it should show with the video view.

Cheers back, Senor Lux! I'm about to dish up my first ever crockpot-cooked BBQ ribs...they've been nestled and braising in Sweet Baby Ray's sauce since 10:30am.

Thirty minutes to go with some green and spirits in the interim :)
    hedonist said:

Just paste the link straight into the body (that's what she said :D). When you preview, it should show with the video view.

Cheers back, Senor Lux! I'm about to dish up my first ever crockpot-cooked BBQ ribs...they've been nestled and braising in Sweet Baby Ray's sauce since 10:30am.

Thirty minutes to go with some green and spirits in the interim :)

Salivation! I mean, salutations! OK, both!

:))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Typo-Cooking,not coking.The eighties were along time ago pal ,and that kinda party night had no dinner and required staying awake past 11.30 PM.Both of which are very rare now.

The thought of Hedonists slow cooked ribs with herbs and spirits sounds way more appealing.

I live in the South,and BBq is very important here.But some of the finest Que Ive ever eaten was in your state.I forget the name,but it is on the Main Street that leads right into the pier in Huntington Beach.If I'm standing with my back to the pier its about a half mile east on the left.Would any of you know what place I'm talking about?Freaking awesome food.
    I love that - you call it "Que".

The ribs came out amazing but SO RICH. Plenty of leftovers!

I don't know the place you mention, rr, but there used to be an old-school BBQ place in Hollywood called Harry's. Simple but sloppy and so very good. It was razed years ago to build a Virgin recordstore. Son of a bitch!
    hedonist said:

I love that - you call it "Que".

The ribs came out amazing but SO RICH. Plenty of leftovers!

I don't know the place you mention, rr, but there used to be an old-school BBQ place in Hollywood called Harry's. Simple but sloppy and so very good. It was razed years ago to build a Virgin recordstore. Son of a bitch!

I'm going to find the name of the place.Its worth a road trip.
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure this is the place at 301 main st Huntington Beach,also a location in Costa Mesa.

http://www.beachpitbbq.com/
    Maybe they sold out to Smoking Mo BBQ. Not sure
    Oh for Pete's sake, they have burnt ends?

Hope you're getting your musical rocks off and have thoroughly enjoyed Reznor!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06hCku23WiE
    imagephoto DF906F18-E736-4DCF-94F8-8D913FA77871_zpsovsu4sjg.jpg" />
    imagephoto F236EAF1-F221-4976-B378-E09DC6707FA4_zpsv7grzq87.jpg" />
    imagephoto C23EBD1B-6BC4-47E2-8597-2F4B5562AA26_zpsejqvxsdf.jpg" />
    imagephoto 5195B3E2-A335-4B77-B3CD-CFC39DAAC4ED_zpswmehqzgm.jpg" />
    edited August 2014
    The last pic wasn't one I took.Soundgarden was Insane.Cornell was soooo on its scary.They rocked.We had front row rail and it was insane.Chamberlin filled in just fine for Cameron.Setlist was awesome,but only 14 songs,so a lil short for my taste.

Gotta tell ya Hedonist,We left during NIN.I thought they were boring and to techno .The greatness that is Soundgarden should never have to open for them.But can't beat our luck at getting rail. We had rail Friday night also for Linkin Park so a great rock weekend.Feeling it today.
    And it's there, hanging in the air...

"left during NIN...left during NIN"

Oy! :D

Never seen 'em live but also lean more toward the non-techno side of the music.

Sounds like you had an awesome spot though. Chris' voice is aural beauty.
    Oh man Robin Williams just died of a suicide.RIP .Totally bummed
    rr165892 said:

Oh man Robin Williams just died of a suicide.RIP .Totally bummed

Oh fuck. No way. No fucking. Oh man....

I don't drink to forget- at this point in my life generally only a a few at most just to relax a little. Tonight I drink to Captain, my Captain Williams. Going to go have a good stiff one now so you all take care and I''ll catch up with you all later.

Salute.