The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

just wanted to say that my wife and i did Milan, Trieste, and Vienna last month and i highly recommend europe/ seeing pj in europe. The shows were amazing because the crowd really made the band ENJOY themselves immensely. Since they get fewer shows, the setlists are amazing ( i know many people followed from the states and were blown away) in the 10 days we were there we saw our 3 best pj shows yet, got lost (wonderful) in vienna, kayaked on the adriatic sea, met a married couple adrijanna (croatian) and tomasso (italian) who were amazing and very fast friends, we hiked high into the Dolomite mountains and stayed at a super nice and friendly ski lodge, we toured vienna, we ate amazing food the whole time, and we finished in the austrian alps with a daring 7 peak knife-edge kletterstieg traverse of the Nordkette range."And I know she meets my love... In Thin Air
    Amazing. Cancel your cable and internet. Dont eat out. Ever. Drive less. Dont buy things you dont need. Then use that money to make the best memories of your lifetime!
    Dont wait

Sounds epic.Well played dude.How was the beer?
    rgambs said:

hedonist do you know how to upload pictures from a galaxy s5? I suck. I would love to post some Pearl Jam love from the Euro tour here, but cant figure it out...if you dont have the patience to explain it just say you dont know how lol

Throw it into photobucket then upload from there.Just figured it out last week myself
    May I suggest the warm and cool delights of Sake Bombs to those in need of a fun respite from the day.I prefer to drop the hot sake shot into a Lucky Buddha beer.Very smoothe.
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zpsd33d91f9.jpg" />
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

just wanted to say that my wife and i did Milan, Trieste, and Vienna last month and i highly recommend europe/ seeing pj in europe. The shows were amazing because the crowd really made the band ENJOY themselves immensely. Since they get fewer shows, the setlists are amazing ( i know many people followed from the states and were blown away) in the 10 days we were there we saw our 3 best pj shows yet, got lost (wonderful) in vienna, kayaked on the adriatic sea, met a married couple adrijanna (croatian) and tomasso (italian) who were amazing and very fast friends, we hiked high into the Dolomite mountains and stayed at a super nice and friendly ski lodge, we toured vienna, we ate amazing food the whole time, and we finished in the austrian alps with a daring 7 peak knife-edge kletterstieg traverse of the Nordkette range."And I know she meets my love... In Thin Air
    Amazing. Cancel your cable and internet. Dont eat out. Ever. Drive less. Dont buy things you dont need. Then use that money to make the best memories of your lifetime!
    Dont wait

Sounds epic.Well played dude.How was the beer?
    didnt have any beer, but the wine was pretty damn good! We packed 20 days worth of activity into 10 days so we had neither the time nor the energy for the getting of buzz... Also we were fighting to stay hydrated and really we were buzzed up pretty good from the excitement and of Europe, mountains, and MFPJ!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I wish I liked beer! An ice-cold bottle with that condensation...looks so refreshing, but nope. Can't stand the taste (plus I don't like carbonation).

Sake though, bring it on! I fondly look back on the days when my buddy at work and I would go for a sushi lunch with plenty of sake. I don't know how productive those afternoons were at work but sure were fun.
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps8c18887a.jpg" />

In case anyone in the Lounge needs a little tropical intervention therapy....
    imagephoto imagejpg1_zps23e76054.jpg" />
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    Got an invite for dinner this evening and rumor has it one in the party is planning on making margaritas for us. Oh now, isn't that a shame! Hahaha! Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Stay thirsty my friends
    brianlux said:

Got an invite for dinner this evening and rumor has it one in the party is planning on making margaritas for us. Oh now, isn't that a shame! Hahaha! Cheers!

Get a floater on top:)
    edited July 2014
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Get a floater on top:)
    Yup! Had a Patron margarita with Grand Marnier floater a few days ago on the coast . Oooh ya!

"You got me floatin', round and round". :-)

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

imagephoto imagejpg1_zps8d4b71f2.jpg" />
    *decadents

(I think :D)

This song so fits my bill at the moment, plus I love the voice and words of this crazy-eyed motherfucker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwBMPEnMDI

dec·a·dence
    ˈdekədəns/
    noun
    noun: decadence
    moral or cultural decline as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure or luxury.
    "he denounced Western decadence"
    synonyms: dissipation, degeneracy, debauchery, corruption, depravity, vice, sin, moral decay, immorality; More
    deterioration, fall, decay, degeneration, decline, degradation, retrogression
    antonyms: morality, rise
    luxurious self-indulgence.
    "“French” connotes richness and decadence, and that's the idea of this ice cream"

It was a copy and paste,and my spelling usually needs help,so I had to check.:)
    dec·a·dent
    ˈdekədənt/
    adjective
    characterized by or reflecting a state of moral or cultural decline.
    synonyms: dissolute, dissipated, degenerate, corrupt, depraved, sinful, unprincipled, immoral; More
    declining, decaying, ebbing, degenerating, deteriorating
    luxuriously self-indulgent.
    "a decadent soak in a scented bath"
    noun
    noun: decadent; plural noun: decadents
    a person who is luxuriously self-indulgent.
    a member of a group of late-19th-century French and English poets associated with the Aesthetic Movement.
    noun: Decadent
    Origin

mid 19th century: from French décadent, from medieval Latin decadentia (see decadence).
    Translate decadent to
    Use over time for: decadent

Also correct.The learning never stops in the lounge.
    Some days I just want to lay back in a corner here and just escape. Some days that just doesn't seem appropriate. Save me a seat, will ya?

• I like this car. Little time outs from some of the other cars. Great idea. Just about to go on a short vacation soon. A little decompression, some sunsets, late night fires, and moonlit lakes. Can't wait.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16

I like this car. Little time outs from some of the other cars. Great idea. Just about to go on a short vacation soon. A little decompression, some sunsets, late night fires, and moonlit lakes. Can't wait.

Sounds like a great time, Walking! Cheers!

brianlux said:

I like this car. Little time outs from some of the other cars. Great idea. Just about to go on a short vacation soon. A little decompression, some sunsets, late night fires, and moonlit lakes. Can't wait.

Sounds like a great time, Walking! Cheers!

Agreed (and a bit envious of Walking's escape!). We all need a respite.

Maybe due to the shitstorm(s) or just how I am, I've been feeling nostalgic. This video of Puscifer, with Maynard's boy on the cello (dude kicks nice butt), is sweet, resonant and mindful. Not as weepy as I was feeling earlier :)

Powerful voice and words (as usual).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCKykBihwoQ

Nature, nurture heaven and home
    Sum of all, and by them, driven
    To conquer every mountain shown
    But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forests, braved the stone
    Braved the icy winds and fire
    Braved and beat them on my own
    Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel, what have I done?
    I've faced the quakes, the wind, the fire
    I've conquered country, crown, and throne
    Why can't I cross this river?

Pay no mind to the battles you've won
    It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
    Open your heart and hands, my son
    Or you'll never make it over the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river
  • Thanks Hedonist, for introducing to me a new band. Great lyrics. Some others on the boards could stand to pay head to those words. Hopefully some day they will. Cheers
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
    Great song, Hedonist. Really fine lyrics- yes!

Hi guys. Glad you got it!

Reading the lyrics - and hearing in my head how they're sung - have brought tears to my eyes more than once.

However, on this Friday evening, while decompressing from the day / week, I'm currently watching the Chinese restaurant episode of Seinfeld.

I LOVE this one.

"buffer zone"
    :D

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a sweet start.
    Speaking of....Went with some Thai food.Nice little Volcano shrimp and steamed veggie number.Fried Tofu w/plum sauce appetizer,with a cold beer = weekend is here!!
    It's been a bumpy ride this week. Good to take a little breather here. Have a good weekend, all.
    Cheers.

To help out and put some smiles on the face of lounge patrons may I recommend (If you have Netflix or similar ) A great stand up special I watched last night,Its called "War Paint" by a comedienne named Iliza Shlesinger.Absolutely hilarious.She is so animated (and very,very,cute).Dirty and funny, really a nice treat.The women in my house were rolling with laughter.This chic has"it".Her bit about cats,and a girls night out is classic.
    I would love feedback from anyone who watches it.
    Ps.she was the season 6 winner of Last Comic Standing.She has some LA shows coming up for those in SoCal
    Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
    Fight over life, over blood, over prayer
    Overhead and light
    Fight over love, over sun
    Over another, fight for each other
    For the ones who are rising

Angels on the sideline again
    Benched along with patience and reason
    Angels on the sideline again
    Wondering when this tug of war will end

Right in two...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,833
    Bourbon, neat. Beer back.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,833
    Lonely here. Not to mention the service sucks.
    :bz
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Week in review summary ....