The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• jmuscatellojmuscatello Posts: 332
    hedonist said:

Well I think it's fine, building jumbo planes.
    Or taking a ride on a cosmic train.
    Switch on summer from a slot machine.
    Get what you want to if you want, 'cause you can get anything.

Great song. Now it'll be stuck in my head for the day - not a bad thing.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'd love to see Cat live someday.

Closest I've been was Ed's first cover of Don't Be Shy.

Sweetness!

(Speaking of cats, our two are demanding dinner in hilarious fashion. Currently in stare-down mode.)
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I see so many interesting threads here, but too lazy to post in any of them.

So I'll just play around here on the L Car.

Anyone got a j to share?

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    hedonist said:

Sweetness!

(Speaking of cats, our two are demanding dinner in hilarious fashion. Currently in stare-down mode.)

Did someone mention cat stevens or let's say Yusuf Islam. I would love to see this musician perform live. How insane would that be, New York City, somewhere small and intimate. I'd so be there!!!! :D
    Chris Cornells Cat Stevens Trouble cover, not bad at all. Still Prefer Ed's Trouble Cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bDrF98bZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAJ-LdzVXg

From the two concerts Chris was speaking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRHN7nUg26M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjSHazjrWg
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Sweetness!

Did someone mention cat stevens or let's say Yusuf Islam. I would love to see this musician perform live. How insane would that be, New York City, somewhere small and intimate. I'd so be there!!!! :D
    I'd be there with ya!

Idris, I'd never heard the Cornell version (but yes, I love Ed's cover of it...I think the gorgeous versions of Long Road and Face of Love were part of that show).

And speaking of J's, I'm gonna burn one down :)
    Long Road is one of my faves! But yet to experience it live!

puff puff pass...
    That was the opener for my very first time seeing them live - 10/25/00 in San Diego. AND it was Ed's first time covering Cat's Don't Be Shy. Unforgettable in so many ways.

Cosmo was at that show too!

hedonist said:

That was the opener for my very first time seeing them live - 10/25/00 in San Diego. AND it was Ed's first time covering Cat's Don't Be Shy. Unforgettable in so many ways.

Cosmo was at that show too!

10/25/00...even the date sounds amazing, 10/25/00...I like it,

I'm gonna give that full show a listen to,

thanks for the smoke!

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'm climbing in the caboose for this three day weekend! Have fun friends.. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Remember to drink heavily this weekend!

Hidy-ho to the two JP's!

I highly (no pun intended :D) recommend a listen to 1/2 Full from the Camden '03 show.

I LOVE THIS BAND.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    hedonist said:

Hidy-ho to the two JP's!

I highly (no pun intended :D) recommend a listen to 1/2 Full from the Camden '03 show.

I LOVE THIS BAND.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    Weekend schmeekend- I'm gettin' an early start!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Did you know it is a scientific fact that deforrestation is the main cause of earth quakes and tsunami's.. true story, just some useless information I thought you'd like to know..
    This evening (a memorable one of sorts for me), listening to some Peter Gabriel.

Calming, genuine, coming from a good place. Honest.

Vocally? Ed, time you hit this up.

Jeux sans frontieres :)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    just wanted to say that my wife and i did Milan, Trieste, and Vienna last month and i highly recommend europe/ seeing pj in europe. The shows were amazing because the crowd really made the band ENJOY themselves immensely. Since they get fewer shows, the setlists are amazing ( i know many people followed from the states and were blown away) in the 10 days we were there we saw our 3 best pj shows yet, got lost (wonderful) in vienna, kayaked on the adriatic sea, met a married couple adrijanna (croatian) and tomasso (italian) who were amazing and very fast friends, we hiked high into the Dolomite mountains and stayed at a super nice and friendly ski lodge, we toured vienna, we ate amazing food the whole time, and we finished in the austrian alps with a daring 7 peak knife-edge kletterstieg traverse of the Nordkette range."And I know she meets my love... In Thin Air
    Amazing. Cancel your cable and internet. Dont eat out. Ever. Drive less. Dont buy things you dont need. Then use that money to make the best memories of your lifetime!
    Dont wait
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I'd love to see PJ in Europe! And Vienna (Austria in general, actually) is one of the loveliest places I've been. But my first show in 2000, San Diego, was something else too. Synergy person to person, band to band, band to person...people.

It's all what we make of it, no matter where.

And I'm envious of your trip! It sounds beautiful and delicious, and made me smile.
    thank you hedonist, the only mistake was not starting in amsterdam and carrying the good vibes with us through the parts of europe where you cant find good vibes on every corner lol
    id like to post a pic or two, if i can figure out how with my wifes phone...got a pretty damn good video of needle and the damage done in vienna...i feel like the train really needs more PJ to tie us together!
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Good day to seek relaxing refuge of the lounge car. Like to invite Ed to join. Beverages on me till midnight.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Cheers to that, callen.

I took the day off from work, and what I thought would be a light carefree day turned heavy. I count my blessings in being safe, home with our kitties, enjoying A/C, leftover birthday cake, the whole lot that often is taken for granted. That I often take for granted.

So simple. So mundane too but I'll take it.

Been searching out the music that usually brings relief but honestly, kind of difficult to find...or fully appreciate.

I gravitated toward the comforting, the familiar, the needed.

Beatles, together and on their own. Mostly George. What a beautiful man he was. Not only a gentleman but a gentle man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0c4diG79vA&list=RDr0c4diG79vA

To rgambs...we are all tied together - and thankfully so. No matter any disagreements, we have a common thread here. Hope you can post that song.
    Aaaand, fuckit. Synchronized kittens are like sugar.

I'm partial to Mr. Active Paws on the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaK_h2XHpwo
    ^^ Haha! Lovin' them kitties!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Glad you enjoyed those sweeties, Brian! Hope you're doing well in the aftermath of recent stuff.

Have a good day and weekend, all!
    I dont know how to post pics or video from a galaxy s5...I suck!
    I almost mixed myself a drink a half an hour ago but it's a bit early.
    Oh wait! I'm on vacation- it's definitely not too early!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm in a Soundgarden mood this evening. Anyone else?

My husband just got home from work to me blasting Ty Cobb.

Gave him a kiss and a :D

Good releases in both my sweetheart and my music. Each soothe the savage beast in their own ways.
    hedonist do you know how to upload pictures from a galaxy s5? I suck. I would love to post some Pearl Jam love from the Euro tour here, but cant figure it out...if you dont have the patience to explain it just say you dont know how lol
    Morning! I honestly don't know how :D