The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianlux said:

I'm really bummed out in saying this but, well,, it's been great friends but I'm outa here. The font on this new forum format is too small for my old eyes- I'm squinting as I write this- and I can't even figure out how to start a new thread to make this pathetic announcement. Some of you are Facebook friends so I'll see you there. The rest of you- well, I'll either miss you bunches or you can go pound sand. Hahaha (what- no smilies?)-- just kidding. IPeace and love, friends.

For all of our sake, I hope they adjust things, or revert back to the old board. I cant take this either buddy.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • agreed. this is just BRUTAL...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738

brianlux said:

I'm really bummed out in saying this but, well,, it's been great friends but I'm outa here. The font on this new forum format is too small for my old eyes- I'm squinting as I write this- and I can't even figure out how to start a new thread to make this pathetic announcement. Some of you are Facebook friends so I'll see you there. The rest of you- well, I'll either miss you bunches or you can go pound sand. Hahaha (what- no smilies?)-- just kidding. IPeace and love, friends.

For all of our sake, I hope they adjust things, or revert back to the old board. I cant take this either buddy.
    JP, I hope you don't go...give them some time. I feel certain that some adjustments are in order.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ctrl +

Makes your font bigger!!! I'm sure they will make some adjustments as the feedback comes in.

In the meantime, I hope the year has started well for you all!

:(|) :bz ~O) ~:> 3:-O :@) :o3 :ar! Just having fun with new smilies....
  • lazloblue said:

brianlux said:

JP, I hope you don't go...give them some time. I feel certain that some adjustments are in order.
    :) I'll stick around! I do recall really disliking the last two board changes...it took awhile to get used to, but it was fine after awhile.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

brianlux said:

I understand completely, I need to use my magnifying glasses in order to see. Plus, my eyes hurt after about 10 minutes.
    My time is up, taking a break before the migraine kicks in....

********************************************************************************************* image
  • brianlux said:

I understand completely, I need to use my magnifying glasses in order to see. Plus, my eyes hurt after about 10 minutes.
    My time is up, taking a break before the migraine kicks in....

Mikalina, hi there! If you didnt hear, the mods were suggesting that people use "Ctrl +" to increase font size. I did this 3-4 times and turned off the signatures. It makes it a little easier on the eyes.

The overall layout still blows donkey nuts though.. b-(
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    For a really good time, hit "Control -" a few times. [insert dorky emoticon]
    Grumpily your,
    brianlux
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    edited January 2014
    Well, the search function works, so I thought I'd revive the best thread I know...Its like the camaraderie car...where we can all get along and be happy. Fuck yeah it friday homies.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Wind chill is -2 ... Time for a Hot Toddy!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    One week left to renew membership ... How say you?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    renew
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Well, the search function works, so I thought I'd revive the best thread I know...Its like the camaraderie car...where we can all get along and be happy. Fuck yeah it friday homies.

Camaraderie Car-- hell yeah!
    Friday-- Fuck yeah!
    Hey, wait, it's my Thursday.
    Oh well, Thursday-- Shit yeah! image

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited January 2014
    Jason P said:

Wind chill is -2 ... Time for a Hot Toddy!

Holy hell - and we're in the 70s here today.

(sorry!)

Yeah, my membership's on auto-renew anyway (up this week), and the changes made (hopefully a few more fixes and tweaks down the road I hope? - time will tell) weren't enough to warrant taking my toys and going home.

And I'll echo Brian's eloquent Friday-oh-shit-it's-Thursday sentiments - fuck yeah!

Post edited by hedonist on
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    I have missed the relative safety of the lounge car, guessing I should have stuck to my resolution to stay away from the rest of the train! Anyway, I've got a long run in the morning so I 'll save the margarita for tomorrow - enjoy your weekend everyone!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wine

cheers, you nutjobs
  • Jason P said:

One week left to renew membership ... How say you?

renew!

the game need you...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Too much snow this morning, so no run :( But it is margarita time!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Someone said free margaritas in the caboose!

Someone said free margaritas in the caboose!

Yeah! image

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I'm thinking about changing my Avatar, hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Idris said:

Yeah- tough decision. I've thought the same thing- especially 'cause my photo is going on three yrs old.

brianlux said:

Idris said:

Yeah- tough decision. I've thought the same thing- especially 'cause my photo is going on three yrs old.

I like your avatar! 3 years eh, sure maybe change it up.
    -

I kinda like this for my avatar,

Idris said:

brianlux said:

Idris said:

I like your avatar! 3 years eh, sure maybe change it up.
    -

I kinda like this for my avatar,

^^^ I like it!

hmmmm, looks kinda so so in avatar form.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Actually, while I always loved and associated the flower avatar with you, the condensed one is pretty from here. I'm a sucker for blue.

(ironically, I have by default, I think, my least favorite PJ album as mine - and oddly, I have yet to change it!)
    hedonist said:

(ironically, I have by default, I think, my least favorite PJ album as mine - and oddly, I have yet to change it!)

oh, perhaps you should make a change! New forums, new avatars.
    -
    I guess I'll keep the blue, unless I find something nicer. (kinda wish this forum had slightly larger avatars, and the white background was not soooo white. But that's another story)

• I'm off to go bowling and have some drinks. I hope you all have a stellar weekend!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Roll a strike and jam some Jam, happy weekend everybody!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    We throw a lot of punches here on the train and mostly it's all in good sport but sometimes the ride gets a bit rough. My own ride got very rough yesterday when I was hit with the mother of all migraine headaches. Rocked my boat bad and big time. Stuff like that gives one pause to ponder cliches like, "Life is short". Well, shoot, it is. So in the spirit of Valentines day, the approaching weekend, and all good vibes PJ, I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Weekend, and much joy and peace.