The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    brianlux wrote:
    Thanks for good wishes. You guys are awesome! :D
    We know :mrgreen:

Seriously though, excellent news! She's in capable, loving hands - can't ask for better than that.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Going all British today. It's a 'Pimms while chilling in the sunny garden' kind of afternoon. :mrgreen:

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    man 10 days how can this place stay in business Bartender! Black coffee with a shot of Redbreast
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Heading to Cincinnati to see The Lumineers......and enjoy a few brews with the hubs and my daughter (although she will NOT be drinking, that was worded weird!) Cheers, friends :)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    riotgrl wrote:
    Heading to Cincinnati to see The Lumineers......and enjoy a few brews with the hubs and my daughter (although she will NOT be drinking, that was worded weird!) Cheers, friends :)
    Enjoy, birthday girl :wave:
    Happy Birthday riotgrl!

Enjoy the Lumineers and the brews!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    Happy Birthday, riotgrl! Cheers! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Hey Brianlux! Hope Mrs Lux's recovery is going well!

Been beautiful here for the past few days - pains me to go to work! Should be outdoors... Though I start early (very!) and finish early so I do have the best part of the afternoon for this. :mrgreen:
    hedonist wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:
    Enjoy, birthday girl :wave:

I did - thanks hedonist!

I AM MINE
    redrock wrote:
    Happy Birthday riotgrl!

Enjoy the Lumineers and the brews!

Thanks redrock!

I AM MINE
    brianlux wrote:
    Happy Birthday, riotgrl! Cheers! :D

Thanks brianlux! Hope Celia is recovering nicely!

I AM MINE
    Light at the end of this week's tunnel is in the near-distance!

Watching Single Video Theory and SO loving it in full, and in those pieces I haven't seen for far too long.

(it's Stone's fault)

Fifteen years ago, this is. And Yield changed my life.

(giving way to nature indeed - and then some)

I just wanna kiss their cheeks and say THANK YOU.
    hedonist wrote:

Watching Single Video Theory and SO loving it in full, and in those pieces I haven't seen for far too long.

(it's Stone's fault)

I'll drink to Yield and Single Video Theory any night of the week! :D

Cheers, Hedonist- sorry to hear you've had a rough week. I hope for a Happy Weekend for you!

Thursday is like pre-Friday so, Cheers, everybody!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    hedonist wrote:

(it's Stone's fault)

:mrgreen: We call SVT the Bible in my house. I need to pop in in again soon.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Mornin, guys :wave:

I can't tell you how restorative, soothing and uplifting my beloved SVT was.

Ever catch yourself with a cheek-hurting smile while listening to music?

That was me last night :P <
    seriously, just like that
    Aaaarrrgggghhh!!! Was so looking forward to this being Friday, me finishing for the week-end at 1pm and chilling but..... mug that I am, I agreed to cover our Saturday guy because he has an audition to go to.

So up at 5am for me tomorrow again instead of a lie-in...

Oh well... it's usually a shorter day (if I'm lucky, I'll be back home for 11am) and I get a day off in lieu some other time.

Anyway, still enjoying my Friday evening - the sun has come out a bit late in the afternoon after some rain. Beautiful light.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    5am?!?! on a saturday?!!? that goes against the laws of nature!
    It goes against the laws of nature any day of the week Norm! After 5 1/2 years of doing this, I still find it wrong!

I finish my working day at 1pm though, giving me the whole afternoon.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol: true

cheers! :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    It goes against the laws of nature any day of the week Norm! After 5 1/2 years of doing this, I still find it wrong!

I finish my working day at 1pm though, giving me the whole afternoon.
    Ugh...I get up at 5am-ish during the week as well. Weekends too, actually, but typically do a wake & bake and head back to bed for awhile :mrgreen:

Sounds like a pretty evening there, ms. rock :)
    Sweet Saturday morning with Jack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7p6kK16so

I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at the power of music and its effect on the soul.

*wave to all my friends*
    hedonist wrote:

I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at the power of music and its effect on the soul.

*wave to all my friends*

I often wonder about those people who are not deeply touched and moved by music. Music is such a fundamental part of my everyday life - I can't live without it! Enjoy this lovely weekend, friends!

I AM MINE
    riotgrl wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

*wave to all my friends*

I often wonder about those people who are not deeply touched and moved by music. Music is such a fundamental part of my everyday life - I can't live without it! Enjoy this lovely weekend, friends!

I can't imagine a world without music. I just saw the Jim Jarmusch film "Down By Law" and in the extras Jarmusch says:

“Music, to me, is the most beautiful form, and I love film because film is very related to music. It moves by you in its own rhythm. It's not like reading a book or looking at a painting. It gives you its own time frame, like music, so they are very connected for me. But music to me is the biggest inspiration. When I get depressed, or anything, I go "think of all the music I haven't even heard yet!"

hedonist wrote:
    Mornin, guys :wave:

I can't tell you how restorative, soothing and uplifting my beloved SVT was.

Ever catch yourself with a cheek-hurting smile while listening to music?

That was me last night :P <
    seriously, just like that

Good evening!

I just finished a long, exhausting week myself so I took the green-tinted SVT treatment this evening as well and am happy to report that it's worked wonders! Feeling great! Good suggestion, Hedonist. :mrgreen:

brianlux wrote:
    Good evening!

I just finished a long, exhausting week myself so I took the green-tinted SVT treatment this evening as well and am happy to report that it's worked wonders! Feeling great! Good suggestion, Hedonist. :mrgreen:
    Aw, nice! I could feel your smile from here :)

The pride parade is happening here today, so we're pretty much staying in this cloudy morning - which is kinda nice (not that we were planning on going anywhere at the moment anyway). The dude's got Waters' Radio KAOS going, the kitties are in unbelievably cute sleeping positions, green's a-going strong and breakfast is on the horizon.

Feeling pretty blessed at the moment.
    hedonist wrote:
    I remember when my husband had his stroke and was lying in intensive care between life and death for weeks (but I had to go back to work). I couldn't sleep so I left the house 5ish and walked to work (started at 6.00am). Walked towards the sunrise, music playing in my ears, in my whole body really. It was the only time I could take my mind off all the sadness/fear, etc. and sort of 'be' with music and nature. Music was my solace then - took me to a different world.
    redrock wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    I remember when my husband had his stroke and was lying in intensive care between life and death for weeks (but I had to go back to work). I couldn't sleep so I left the house 5ish and walked to work (started at 6.00am). Walked towards the sunrise, music playing in my ears, in my whole body really. It was the only time I could take my mind off all the sadness/fear, etc. and sort of 'be' with music and nature. Music was my solace then - took me to a different world.
    Great perspective...(I want to say more about what you must've been through at that time, but can't quite articulate it right now as I'd like to)

It's like comfort food in a way - craved, and inhaled - but it's funny how where food feeds all five horizons, music technically nourishes one. But how it penetrates? Nothing like it.
    Spent an awesome evening with Uncle Neil and his Crazy Horse yesterday. Looking forward to another, hopefully awesome evening with Patti Smith later today. Must get a bit more 'eye rest' before....

Hope all is well in the lounge car and that Mrs.Lux is well on her way to full recovery now!
    redrock wrote:
    Spent an awesome evening with Uncle Neil and his Crazy Horse yesterday. Looking forward to another, hopefully awesome evening with Patti Smith later today. Must get a bit more 'eye rest' before....

Hope all is well in the lounge car and that Mrs.Lux is well on her way to full recovery now!

Neil Young and Patti Smith back-to-back. Wow! :D

Mrs. Lux is slowly (as expected) but surely (as was hoped for) recovering sight in her left eye. Thanks for well wishes, redrock! :D

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    brianlux wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Neil Young and Patti Smith back-to-back. Wow! :D

Mrs. Lux is slowly (as expected) but surely (as was hoped for) recovering sight in her left eye. Thanks for well wishes, redrock! :D
    I am glad to hear that -- I had been wondering how she was doing. :D
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes