The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    brianlux wrote:
    A toast to my sweetheart for her first glimmer of light since surgery on her repaired eye! :D
    I'll drink to that! Well.... a bit later - maybe not the brightest idea for breakfast!
    brianlux wrote:
    I was just about to say I'm listening to the Door Live in New York and the desk started shaking. No, make that the whole house- and we are on solid rock here!

Whoa! Rock AND roll, baby!

That's the power of the Doors! Oh... an earthquake you say... :oops: Are you sure? Mightn't it have been Ray's keyboard bass and Jim's baritone voice booming from the 'other side'?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    redrock wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    I was just about to say I'm listening to the Door Live in New York and the desk started shaking. No, make that the whole house- and we are on solid rock here!

That's the power of the Doors! Oh... an earthquake you say... :oops: Are you sure? Mightn't it have been Ray's keyboard bass and Jim's baritone voice booming from the 'other side'?

:lol::lol::lol:
    Actually, I was thinking something along these lines! Just after setting the needle down (oh so gently) and the band kicks in "Roadhouse Blues"- whammo!- the house starts ROCKIN'! Messages from Jim and Ray from the other side- yes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    brianlux wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Actually, I was thinking something along these lines! Just after setting the needle down (oh so gently) and the band kicks in "Roadhouse Blues"- whammo!- the house starts ROCKIN'! Messages from Jim and Ray from the other side- yes!
    :lol::lol:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    brianlux wrote:
    A toast to my sweetheart for her first glimmer of light since surgery on her repaired eye! :D
    I'm really happy for you both. Great news!
    brianlux wrote:
    I'm really happy for you both. Great news!

Thank you, oceaninmyeyes!

Thanks everyone for good thoughts, good vibes! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

From another thread.... Hair.....

Hedonist - Pictured you with a fiery, blazing long mop of red hair like Merida (the heroine in Brave)
    Riotgrl - I saw you with mid length/long, very dark/black wavy(ish) hair - a bit like Esmeralda in the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

There you go.... weird how one conjures up images with what people write or their voices... :lol:

Even weirder is that I am comparing to Disney (Pixar) characters! To my defense, I did have a couple of kids over last week end and they were watching the Disney film channel.... :oops:
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    brianlux wrote:
    Cheers to your wife man, when the wife's not right life's not right.
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    redrock wrote:

Hedonist - Pictured you with a fiery, blazing long mop of red hair like Merida (the heroine in Brave)
    Riotgrl - I saw you with mid length/long, very dark/black wavy(ish) hair - a bit like Esmeralda in the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

There you go.... weird how one conjures up images with what people write or their voices... :lol:

Even weirder is that I am comparing to Disney (Pixar) characters! To my defense, I did have a couple of kids over last week end and they were watching the Disney film channel.... :oops:

Ha! I certainly wish my hair was wavy and dark but, alas, just a plain brown which means I keep it blond. Do we all wish for hair that we don't have? I always wanted red hair and, to me, colored red hair isn't nearly as beautiful as the legit red. Dammit, I'm part Irish why didn't I get even a hint of red and I'm part Cherokee so where's the dark!

And you redrock? I picture you with short dark, straight hair....Or is your name REDrock for a reason :lol:
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    brian, so glad that Celia is recovering nicely. Too early here for a drink so I'll send a coffee toast instead :)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    redrock wrote:

Right on, redrock - I love it!

(though I haven't seen either of those flicks :P )
    riotgrl wrote:

And you redrock? I picture you with short dark, straight hair....Or is your name REDrock for a reason :lol:

Sort of..... the colour is naturally a darkish auburn but it seems with age, getting a bit lighter. When I have the time (and patience), I might put in some henna or other natural colourants and make it a different hue but stays in the dark reds. Oh... and it's waist length... and a bit of a 'messy' straight, ie not sleek. :mrgreen: My mother was naturally fiery red and I LOVED her colour!

Hedonist - Brave is a fantastic film!!!!!
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    Nothing like that feeling, Brian. A flood, I imagine.

A heartfelt toast to both of you from here :)

May you both live long and strong on Love Street.

(what can I say? I'm watching / listening to the Doors live at the Hollywood Bowl - better I quote the above song than Back Door Man!)

That is so funny you are listening to the Live in NY cd, we listened to it last night as a tribute to the great Ray Manzarek. "L.A. has the best landscape and climate and all that, but New York has the grooviest people".

I hope your wife fully recovers and soon. :)
    F*** it - going to put Doors on again.... even if in-laws are here. Will be enjoying some nice Isla Negra Chardonnay (a lovely chilean wine) and that will be the 'background' music (along with the ice-cream machine churning :roll: )

Cheers to all!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    brianlux wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

:lol::D

and PS - the hair descriptions are great. and Redrock - ive assumed the same about cartoon like appearances.. I guess when I havent seen people in person, I imagine them as cartoons too. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    We're two of a kind jonnypistachio! :lol::lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    redrock wrote:
    We're two of a kind jonnypistachio! :lol::lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

A colorful bunch we have here too!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I don't know if you get to the other places on the board. So, in keeping with the theme of this thread and it being the weekend, and believing in the power of the new generation, I'll say have a super weekend everybody and enjoy......

http://alancross.squarespace.com/a-jour ... s-two.html

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

I don't know if you get to the other places on the board. So, in keeping with the theme of this thread and it being the weekend, and believing in the power of the new generation, I'll say have a super weekend everybody and enjoy......

Sweet.

I'm watching a Woman Under the Influence...love this film!

Hope everyone's (long?) weekend is off to a fine start!
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    ugh I need a drink what happened to the other party place on the Train I heard so much about?
    I guess we didn't need it after all because this is a friendly lounge car that accepts everyone.
    Its almost Margaritaville time, I can a smell the lime. Cheese dip on the way. Classic Santana up next.

Happiest weekend all, say your prayers and sleep tight, something about bedbugs and bogey man too but that's for little kids, hopefully most of them don't drink.
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
    hedonist wrote:
    I don't know if you get to the other places on the board. So, in keeping with the theme of this thread and it being the weekend, and believing in the power of the new generation, I'll say have a super weekend everybody and enjoy......

Sweet.

I'm watching a Woman Under the Influence...love this film!

Hope everyone's (long?) weekend is off to a fine start!

OK even flow... I'll say it... 'AWWWWWWWW' :mrgreen:

Fantastic film hedonist - quite intense and different to the other films coming out at that time. I think it's the only film I can actually enjoy watching Peter Falk! Maybe I should have a rummage through my classics.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    redrock wrote:
    I think it's the only film I can actually enjoy watching Peter Falk!

:shock:

have you never seen "the in-laws"? falk and alan arkin together is some the funniest shit i've ever seen :D
    I know Norm. I don't know why I don't enjoy him as an actor. Glenn Close does the same for me. It's not their skills - there's just ' something'..
    redrock wrote:
    Fantastic film hedonist - quite intense and different to the other films coming out at that time. I think it's the only film I can actually enjoy watching Peter Falk! Maybe I should have a rummage through my classics.
    Intense is exactly as I'd describe it and (*insert shamed-face*) why I couldn't watch more than an hour of it. That dinner/opera scene. It feels so true, so honest (LOVE Ms. Rowlands!) but...I dunno...too raw? Just hard to take in full dose, in my current frame of mind, on what seems will be a gorgeous evening.

As to Peter Falk, he was so...him, in that film. There's also another one of his with Phoenix in the title. Sweet movie.

(confession - I've never watched a full episode of Columbo!)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    redrock wrote:
    I know Norm. I don't know why I don't enjoy him as an actor. Glenn Close does the same for me. It's not their skills - there's just ' something'..

gotcha :mrgreen:

yeah glenn has never really done it for me either..and after fatal attraction...well... :shock: :lol:

oh and thread integrity...just opened a pacifico...happy friday everyone! :mrgreen:
    Three good reason for the drink in my hand:

#1: My sweetheart is made it home fine today!

#2: It's Friday!

#3: Uhhhh... I'll think of something while I finish this first glass of wine. :lol:

Cheers, all!

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    brianlux wrote:

#3: Uhhhh... I'll think of something while I finish this first glass of wine. :lol:

Cheers, all!

Oh, that's great news! I hope her recovery is quick!
    brianlux wrote:

:clap:
    brianlux wrote:

Cheers, all!
    Awesome Brian! Have a great weekend. :thumbup: :clap:
    Thanks for good wishes. You guys are awesome! :D