The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Time to really crack into the summer drinks! :D Later all!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Salut, JP and the rest of you lot!

T minus less than three hours here.

(and I'm passing a bit of the time by enjoying images like this. I know, I'm immature)
    dog-dressed-as-a-leprechaun.jpg
    hedonist wrote:
    Salut, JP and the rest of you lot!

T minus less than three hours here.

(and I'm passing a bit of the time by enjoying images like this. I know, I'm immature)
    dog-dressed-as-a-leprechaun.jpg

:lol::lol: I might get a dog one day, just to dress him/her funny. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Train's Lounge car, I need a cold one. :P
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    One more hour! then it's Jack and Coke time and day dreaming on the train.
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Enjoyed many cocktails on vacay last week! Enjoying a glass of pinot gris as I fix dinner and toasting you all. Hope to see/meet some of you at Wrigley in less than 3 weeks :)

And hoping Celia is doing well, brianlux!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    Howdy and cheers, all!

Big smiles here, as my company gave ALL of its employees generous raises this week, gave us an unexpected paid Friday off, and shut down early today.

Now I'm home with my love, our kitties, and a fresh bag o'buzz.

Life is good :)

riotgrl, sounds like a nice way to spend the evening and (wrap up?) your vacation.

I'm now off to watch my beloved Judge Judy :mrgreen:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist wrote:
    Howdy and cheers, all!

Big smiles here, as my company gave ALL of its employees generous raises this week, gave us an unexpected paid Friday off, and shut down early today.

Now I'm home with my love, our kitties, and a fresh bag o'buzz.

Life is good :)

riotgrl, sounds like a nice way to spend the evening and (wrap up?) your vacation.

I'm now off to watch my beloved Judge Judy :mrgreen:

Congratulations, Hedonist! :D

Hot hot hot days at work this week call for- what else- a margarita! :mrgreen:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello everyone! Looks like life is good around here. Nice lil' surprises from your work hedonist :mrgreen:

Been a bit hectic these past couple of weeks but now settling down. Daughter enjoying an almost 2-week holiday in Turkey with friends so house is quieter. Well... was going to be quieter. Very, very best friend (like a sister) is coming to visit and 'fill the void' as she said! Not very well prepared but who cares!

Sunshine here too which is lovely!
    Well hello :)

Got to see some nice fireworks last night, despite a bit of a haze (outside AND inside :mrgreen: )...at one point I counted 24 different displays! George was not pleased one bit and spent most of the evening under our bed, poor fella.

redrock, enjoy the visit (nothing like that kind of closeness) and the weather.

Unusually mild here today given the time of year. A bit overcast, perfect for Igor (for whom I have a new musical and figurative hard-on :P )

Been SO digging on this guy lately and the many genres of music he's chosen to cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYWblUqU0s
    Well ya'll, it's family reunion time in lovely Washington State where Celia and I are headed for a couple of weeks. Mostly a driving trip because Celia still has to stay below 2,000 feet while her eye heals which means we have to take the scenic coast route by car the whole way up and back. Yeah, I know, OK everybody all together: "OH POOR brianlux!" :lol:

If I don't get a chance to check in here, have fun everyone and keep the AMT fires cooking! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Hello friends

I'm currently chilling in the shack smoking my organic tobacco with my friends.

I hope you are all well

T
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    I am enjoying a cool glass of water after imbibing too much cheap beer at the Wrigley show. What an absolutely amazing experience! We were disappointed that the weather caused a delay but we took that time to enjoy a few more brews and to hang with the best fans in the world! Three hours of partying with the fans followed by another two hours of aural heaven were so much more than I could have ever asked for from this amazing band. Certainly a once in a lifetime experience that made up for missing PJ20. The only disappointment was that I had decided not to enter the lottery for any shows in the fall and I am already feeling post-concert depression. Good Sunday evening to you all!

I AM MINE
    So nice to see this after having read some silly-ass self-important posts in another forum.

Big cheers to you and the others who partook of - and appreciated - the beauty. I'm envious and happy for you folks!
    Hope everyone's recuped from Chicago :P

Brian, you're missed! (but scenic is the way to go)
    hedonist wrote:
    Hope everyone's recuped from Chicago :P

Brian, you're missed! (but scenic is the way to go)

Home again, home again and right back to work. Yes- scenic was the way to go- all the way up the California and Oregon coasts and up the Columbia river to the Puget Sound. Water everywhere, cool weather, great family get together. Now back in the broiler called The Western Slope of the Sierras eating chilled watermelon until my belly is about to burst.

And yes, I hope those of you who made Chicago had a blast!

Thought I would stop by and say hello!

Been lovely here with gorgeous weather (though some may call it a heatwave...). Spent 10 days or so in Brussels visiting my dad and sister and seeing lots of my beautiful friends. A bit marred by the fact that I have a broken metatarsal but that didn't stop me from driving there and going shopping with my daughter!

Paying for it now... :( But... it means I'm resting the foot and not doing any cleaning! Any excuse is good ;)

Brought back lots of Belgian goodies (chocolate, special biscuits and beer) and, because my dad is ex-military, went to the PX and bought loads of american crap that I can't get here (oreos, honey buns, tootsie rolls... yeah.. I know - I did say crap, didn't I? :lol:).

Hope you are all enjoying life and Brian - hope the Mrs has fully recovered now! Sounds like you had a lovely little road trip there!
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    what happened here? where are all the occupants? weird and maybe not
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
    Guessing other cars needed some gas...or electricity, as the case may be :P

Past week has been a milestone-y one and full of happiness.

To love in general - and to my love in particular. I am a fucking lucky one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOAzJFd4KDA

(I love how just as Letterman says "sponsor-free", up comes a survey about Syria)
    I think this one got uncoupled a while back. So these days, I'm hangin' in the dome car for a better view.

Haven't ventured in here for quite a while...

Hope all is well with you all. Hedonist - seems all is VERY well with you!

Been a few hectic months here. Daughter waiting for exam results to get into one of the universities of her choice. She did, so sorting things out and getting her there. After a week of partying (sorry... getting to meet people) she is now firmly into her lectures and settling into a routine, living in the beautiful city of Canterbury in Kent. I have an empty nest... :( Looking at 're-organising' our lives a bit - will take a bit of thinking!

Hope some of you will be going to a show or two. If you are, have a fantastic time!
    redrock wrote:
    Haven't ventured in here for quite a while...

Hope all is well with you all. Hedonist - seems all is VERY well with you!

Been a few hectic months here. Daughter waiting for exam results to get into one of the universities of her choice. She did, so sorting things out and getting her there. After a week of partying (sorry... getting to meet people) she is now firmly into her lectures and settling into a routine, living in the beautiful city of Canterbury in Kent. I have an empty nest... :( Looking at 're-organising' our lives a bit - will take a bit of thinking!

Hope some of you will be going to a show or two. If you are, have a fantastic time!
    Howdy, miss redrocker!

I hear this type of change can be a good one for the empty-nester, though quite an adjustment. On the upside, your girl has begun on her new path :)

Congratulations to her - and you!
    Thought I'd visit this place for old time's sake (well, I guess it hasn't been that long) and to wish you all, friends and friendly foe alike, a festive, happy, joyous, politically correct or incorrect, religious, pagan, radical or any combination of the above holiday-of-your-choice. :lol:

Cheers, y'all!

Hey-oh!

Our times here this evening coincide, Brian...and I'd like to give a big wave goodbye to PC-ness.

Maybe we can just do what's right by our conscience, and by our fellow man.

Sure there'll be judgments - it's our nature; hell, it IS nature - but I hope we can extend understanding to those we disagree with as much as we'd want it for ourselves.

Cheers from here too.

To peace! - within, and without.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7SoOfQk3s
  • brianlux wrote:
    Thought I'd visit this place for old time's sake (well, I guess it hasn't been that long) and to wish you all, friends and friendly foe alike, a festive, happy, joyous, politically correct or incorrect, religious, pagan, radical or any combination of the above holiday-of-your-choice. :lol:

Cheers, y'all!
    well said.

yeah we fight sometimes, but i respect all of you and wish everyone the best in this holiday season. anything said on this forum is not personal. at least from my side of the debate. let's keep challenging each other, but more importantly, let's really try to hear each other out. nothing can be changed without listening to those opposite of you.

take care everybody :)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    As always, I enjoy reading all the back and forth here on AMT, certainly wish there was less bickering but it happens to the best of us. Merry Christmas and I raise a glass to you all!

I AM MINE
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Hot Toddy

Ingredients:

1 oz brandy, whiskey, or rum (or depending what kind of day it's been, all three :P )
    1 Tbsp honey
    1/4 lemon
    1 cup hot water
    1 tea bag
    Preparation:

Coat the bottom of a mug or an Irish coffee glass with honey.
    Add the liquor and the juice of the lemon quarter.
    On the side, heat water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag to make hot tea.
    Pour the steaming tea into the glass and stir.
    Thought I would stop by as well... Settling a bit from the festivities, gearing up for the new year!

Hope you have all enjoyed a peaceful time of the year, whatever you may celebrate (or not) and that the few days to come will be the same.

I've got my in-laws here for a couple of weeks and my daughter is back from university for a month or so. Busy but very, very nice. :-D

A bit in advance, but wishing you all a very happy and peaceful new year!

PS - love hot toddies! Nothing better for a cold.
    Off to yet another holiday event. Don't tell C. this but, oh how I will be glad when January rolls around. :lol:

Hope this place hasn't caught fire while I'm away. :lol:

Cheers, all!

I'm really bummed out in saying this but, well,, it's been great friends but I'm outa here. The font on this new forum format is too small for my old eyes- I'm squinting as I write this- and I can't even figure out how to start a new thread to make this pathetic announcement. Some of you are Facebook friends so I'll see you there. The rest of you- well, I'll either miss you bunches or you can go pound sand. Hahaha (what- no smilies?)-- just kidding. IPeace and love, friends.