The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2014
    Oh man, Brian. I used to get nasty migraines at least once or twice a month when I was younger. They were basically lost days of my life.

Do you know what sets them off in you? Hope you're feeling better today - and that you all have a hedonistically-delicious and depraved weekend :D
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

Oh man, Brian. I used to get nasty migraines at least once or twice a month when I was younger. They were basically lost days of my life.

Do you know what sets them off in you? Hope you're feeling better today - and that you all have a hedonistically-delicious and depraved weekend :D

Hey, thanks, hedonist. Yes, loss of days, I get that! Glad to here that is in the past for you! :)

No idea what sets them off. I've had every test done on me known to man, woman and beast-- CT scan, MRI, and some other weird test done by my neurologist with lost of wires and machines. I've tried cutting out several different foods known to cause migraines in some people. Must just be the way I'm wired! Any idea how you got over yours?

Ah yes, a little depravity might be just the thing this weekend.

:))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I think mine were primarily due to stress and hormones. Thank god that shit has mostly passed!

And yes, indulge in some decadence this weekend! Good for the soul, I say.
  • Hi there friends. I like the train car. And I am looking forward to a stellar weekend and I hope you all have the same..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Waiting for my honey to get home so we can crack open this really nice Bourdeaux I got today.

Brian, I used to get really bad migraines too. I had every test know and nothing showed up. I rarely get one now and I found the trigger for me was all processed foods. Luckily, most of mine have gone away and the ones I get now are stress related.

Have you tried essential oils? I use Heritage essential oils and they have a migraine relief blend. I have had great luck with their sinus relief blend so I highly recommend any of their products! Hope you feel better and enjoy your weekend! heritageessentialoils.com/migraine-relief.php
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • brianlux said:

We throw a lot of punches here on the train and mostly it's all in good sport but sometimes the ride gets a bit rough. My own ride got very rough yesterday when I was hit with the mother of all migraine headaches. Rocked my boat bad and big time. Stuff like that gives one pause to ponder cliches like, "Life is short". Well, shoot, it is. So in the spirit of Valentines day, the approaching weekend, and all good vibes PJ, I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Weekend, and much joy and peace.

thank BL, good day for everyone..!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    Found this little gem and man oh man did it make me smile!

Hope it does on your ends too (no pun intended). Have a great weekend, all :)

youtube.com/watch?v=xFpW8g83g6E
    Ah, at last, end of a crazy busy day. Time to kick back, fix me a margarita and listen to some Luna Rex (check out the thread about them in "other music"- awesome sounds!)

Hope your all having a good week so far.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

Ah, at last, end of a crazy busy day. Time to kick back, fix me a margarita and listen to some Luna Rex (check out the thread about them in "other music"- awesome sounds!)

Thanks Brian! I wish it was a pitcher of margaritas and we were sharing hehe
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

brianlux said:

Thanks Brian! I wish it was a pitcher of margaritas and we were sharing hehe
    We should do that same day! image

Been awake since 4am due to this windy storm passing through and our scaredy-cat freaking out.

I wish I were home right now! In PJ's.

But, it's OK. Anticipating a cozy rainy evening and weekend ahead.

Hope you all have a good one in your own ways :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOJGJD-SQc&feature=kp
  • You and Brian Lux need some rain out there dontcha, Hedonist?

cool video...Ringo looks bored haha

You and Brian Lux need some rain out there dontcha, Hedonist?

cool video...Ringo looks bored haha

Indeed, Jonny. We've had a record breaking drought this year but as I type this it is RAINING up here in the foothills above Sacramento! We had a good rain Wednesday as well. Have to see how it goes for season total though- we still have major catching up to do.

How about down in SO-CAL, Hedonist?

Morning, guys!

Yeah, Ringo usually either looks bored or happystoned! I adore him.

And yeah, we (moreso, our agro folks) SO need this. I heard on the news earlier that the rainfall from this storm alone will surpass all of 2013's total here.

Been pouring here off and on, Brian! I actually love it.
    hedonist said:

Morning, guys!

Yeah, Ringo usually either looks bored or happystoned! I adore him.

And yeah, we (moreso, our agro folks) SO need this. I heard on the news earlier that the rainfall from this storm alone will surpass all of 2013's total here.

Been pouring here off and on, Brian! I actually love it.

Ah, good news indeed, Hedonist!

• Glad to hear you guys are getting a little releif...but it looks like you have a long way to go. I saw a picture on the news yesterday of a huge reservoir in Cali from a few years ago. Then they showed side-by-side of today. Wow! insane difference!

Have a great weekend you guys, good riding the train with! :)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My name is Otto and I like to get Blotto!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dumping rain outside sounds like a good time to get wasted inside
    norm said:

dumping rain outside sounds like a good time to get wasted inside

Ha! In looking for a magic 8-ball "yes" image, I came across your buddy Puddy.

It's been POURING here for the last hour or so. Sideways shit. Even caught a stupid accident in the local market's parking lot when I was picking up lunch (people, get off your fucking phones when driving...let alone in this weather).

So yeah...we shall be Otto'ing it come 5-ish!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the overwhelming amount of stupid things i see people do in their cars when it's dry let alone raining makes me want to become a hermit in a cabin somewhere in the yukon

cheers hedo! here's to stayin' in and drinking (and other things) ourselves silly
    Thunder and lightning right now!

I feel so bad for our cats but OH MAN am I digging it.

Cheers back to ya, norm! We've got the barber episode of Seinfeld wrapping up (where he looked like a 12-yr-old), with pork chops & applesauce (said ala Peter Brady) in the dinner headlights.
    I'm thinking of starting a topic on why it's acceptable for white people to use the n-word for the shear effort of generating some dialogue. This place is a ghost train.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Jason P said:

I'm thinking of starting a topic on why it's acceptable for white people to use the n-word for the shear effort of generating some dialogue. This place is a ghost train.

By 'n-word' u mean the word 'nigger' right?

I think people should stop saying 'n-word' and just use the actual word.

start the thread Jason P.
    Idris said:

Jason P said:

By 'n-word' u mean the word 'nigger' right?

I think people should stop saying 'n-word' and just use the actual word.

start the thread Jason P.
    Whoa ... I was referring to the n-word "neanderthal".

Dude ... What the ...

Well, start it anyway.
    Greetings. Please, can we not discuss hot, controversial or otherwise argumentative topics in the lounge car? I'm told that being thrown from a moving train can be hazardous to one's health.

Have a great Friday evening everybody!

brianlux said:

Greetings. Please, can we not discuss hot, controversial or otherwise argumentative topics in the lounge car? I'm told that being thrown from a moving train can be hazardous to one's health.

Comrade ...

Jason P said:

brianlux said:

Comrade ...

:))

Times are bizarre.

If the next iPhone was just a dehydrated piece of cow dung, I'm guessing Apple would still sell millions of units based on prior accomplishments.

It's time to be brutally honest ... Prior to the change, this site was a dehydrated piece of cow dung ... But it was OUR piece of dehydrated cow dung!!! Now it's just a booger that you wipe on the back of a disliked coworker when they aren't looking.

We want our message board back!!!
    brianlux said:

Was not really discussing the topic, just speaking about starting a thread about a (the) topic. No arguments, no controversy.