The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Ah bummer Brianlux :( Hope all goes well with Celia's surgery and that she is patient with her recovery.

Too many times we do not heed to warning signs when we should...
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    Nothing worse for a man than when the wife is hurting can't fix everything just be there for them.
    When my wife was bedridden with a back injury, 3 months down, I needed some stiff drinks
    but didn't cause she didn't.We've been enjoying some great summer drinks already so make mine a Stoli Sticky Bee
    and watch that stinger it'll knock you out. :mrgreen:
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    Is Celia your step-granddaughter?

Any case, I hope it's not serious and turns out OK for her...for them.

Hang in there, B!

Thanks for asking about her, Hedonist.

Celia is my wife. She just called and told me she waited too late to get her eye looked at in order to have the simple procedure to correct the problem. She has to go in Monday for eye surgery. As if that's not bad enough, she will have to lie face down for 10 days and and for two months she is not supposed go over 1,600 feet in elevation... which is really problematic as we live at 2,000 ft elevation.

Life gets challenging sometimes. :(

Yes indeed it can be very challenging I found that out this week. Basically one of my lady's kids did something really bad while she has been away at a conference for a week. I can see why my once black hair is slowly but surely turning grey. There's nothing that do that than dealing and parenting teens,3 of them.

Brian all the best to you and your wife hang in there even if you have to come down from that mountain. I'm seriously considering saying goodbye from this forum for a while. :cry: Take care now.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Yes indeed it can be very challenging I found that out this week. Basically one of my lady's kids did something really bad while she has been away at a conference for a week. I can see why my once black hair is slowly but surely turning grey. There's nothing that do that than dealing and parenting teens,3 of them.

Brian all the best to you and your wife hang in there even if you have to come down from that mountain. I'm seriously considering saying goodbye from this forum for a while. :cry: Take care now.

Peace
    Man 3 teens, we suffered through 2 and some friends. You can see what it did to my hair :lol:
    Better have a drink before you go it might change your mind.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    g under p wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Hang in there, B!

Celia is my wife. She just called and told me she waited too late to get her eye looked at in order to have the simple procedure to correct the problem. She has to go in Monday for eye surgery. As if that's not bad enough, she will have to lie face down for 10 days and and for two months she is not supposed go over 1,600 feet in elevation... which is really problematic as we live at 2,000 ft elevation.

Peace

Thanks for kind words, g. She has a detached retina and will never have normal vision in her left eye again. And this just hit out of the blue. It's been that kind of week.

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us for awhile but I understand the feeling. I truly do. :(

Take a break if you need but... come back!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I think I'm getting Car sick... :sick:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    I think I'm getting Car sick... :sick:
    I'll get the bottle of tequila for you works wonders for car sickness. That and fire one up,
    can we smoke in here?
    JBii wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Man 3 teens, we suffered through 2 and some friends. You can see what it did to my hair :lol:

Funny you say have a drink because I don't really drink. Two weeks ago I bought some beer for no particular reason, I just have not had a drink ALL YEAR. It sat there until the craziness of this week, I've had 4 beers since Wednesday and man did I ever need them just to be able to sleep. My teen and I are going to have a talk today calmly, maybe to have him understand more about his life and where it's headed. I do know when she comes back all hell may break loose, I just need to keep her calm as well.

The board has been an outlet over the years but I'm just not finding that here anymore besides I have so much more to focus on here at home.

Peace everybody
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Don't look down and type Brian! Makes it worse.
    g under p - you've been doing well with your teens. Just another hurdle. Hope your talk with your boy is positive and fruitful.

Would hate to see you go completely. If you need time out, pop in the lounge and let us know how you're doing.
    g under p wrote:
    JBii wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Funny you say have a drink because I don't really drink. Two weeks ago I bought some beer for no particular reason, I just have not had a drink ALL YEAR. It sat there until the craziness of this week, I've had 4 beers since Wednesday and man did I ever need them just to be able to sleep. My teen and I are going to have a talk today calmly, maybe to have him understand more about his life and where it's headed. I do know when she comes back all hell may break loose, I just need to keep her calm as well.

The board has been an outlet over the years but I'm just not finding that here anymore besides I have so much more to focus on here at home.

Peace everybody
    Our kids did some crazy shit. I hobbled through PJ Lakewood concert cause I kicked an empty propane tank in my garage, broke my big toe. I was so mad at one of them. It's all history. And yeah calm and well thought out
    helps if you can do it. Good luck man. It's really never over, always worry about them.
    redrock wrote:
    g under p - you've been doing well with your teens. Just another hurdle. Hope your talk with your boy is positive and fruitful.

Would hate to see you go completely. If you need time out, pop in the lounge and let us know how you're doing.

You got it red rock.

Peace

Did I not teach my daughter right?????? Is she not part american??? Can she not made very intricate cakes and cook fancy meals????

Then why, why, when making a PB&J sandwich, she put the jelly on first then spread then peanut butter????? :mrgreen:

She said she lost her mind for a moment.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Note: it was mine she did it with - hers was fine. Maybe she's trying to tell me something? :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    redrock wrote:
    Did I not teach my daughter right?????? Is she not part american??? Can she not made very intricate cakes and cook fancy meals????

Then why, why, when making a PB&J sandwich, she put the jelly on first then spread then peanut butter????? :mrgreen:

She said she lost her mind for a moment.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Note: it was mine she did it with - hers was fine. Maybe she's trying to tell me something? :D
    I spread jelly first just to see the result
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    I spread jelly first just to see the result

:lol::lol: Certainly a modern work of art. :mrgreen: Maybe you and her could compare notes. :P
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Brian and g under p, this kinda goes back to Mr. Lux's "why" thread. I think you're both good and fine people (need more of you).

I sincerely wish you and yours well.

(I'm gonna go listen to some Neil & some Rush as a virtual toast to each of you)

Good thoughts from here.
    A lot of good and fine people around here that I would love to have a real-life drink with! Alcoholic or not, cold drink or cup of coffee/tea. :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    A lot of good and fine people around here that I would love to have a real-life drink with! Alcoholic or not, cold drink or cup of coffee/tea. :mrgreen:
    :thumbup:
    (and because it's a George kind of a day here, he - and this photo in particular - always makes me smile)
    topper.jpg
    hedonist wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    :thumbup:
    (and because it's a George kind of a day here, he - and this photo in particular - always makes me smile)
    topper.jpg

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, however on an individual basis George will ALWAYS be my favorite Beatle. Nice picture of him Hedonist.

Peace

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I think I'll pull my socks up and put my foot down...

I don't have hair to let down... :(

then try your guard
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    rollings wrote:
    I think I'll pull my socks up and put my foot down...

I don't have hair to let down... :(

then try your guard

Fuck that shit
    Can't have a drink yet (making decorations for a cake and playing chauffeur later) but I would have a little celebratory one, if I could. My friend's surgery went without a hitch and they seemed to have been able to keep his foot and not hack it off. He had quite a complex and pioneering operation so we were a bit worried. Now only time will tell....

Brianlux - hope all went well (or will go well depending on time zones!) with Celia.

A toast (with tea) to good health!
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Hang in there, B!

So sorry about this Brian :( Hoping her surgery went well today.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    redrock wrote:
    I thought the same can't wait to meet up with you but no coffee or tea for me
    unless its spiked.
    We must still be waiting to hear about Celia and the surgery. Yep sending some vibes her way.
    riotgrl wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Hang in there, B!

So sorry about this Brian :( Hoping her surgery went well today.

Thank you riotgrl. :) So far so good. The Doc was happy with the result. Now we start the long face-down recovery. Lots to do today so as C. likes to say, "TTFN" (ta ta for now :lol: )

A toast to my sweetheart for her first glimmer of light since surgery on her repaired eye! :D

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    brianlux wrote:
    A toast to my sweetheart for her first glimmer of light since surgery on her repaired eye! :D

that's awesome brian! cheers to you and the missus speedy recovery :D
    Nothing like that feeling, Brian. A flood, I imagine.

A heartfelt toast to both of you from here :)

May you both live long and strong on Love Street.

(what can I say? I'm watching / listening to the Doors live at the Hollywood Bowl - better I quote the above song than Back Door Man!)
    hedonist wrote:
    Nothing like that feeling, Brian. A flood, I imagine.

A heartfelt toast to both of you from here :)

May you both live long and strong on Love Street.

(what can I say? I'm watching / listening to the Doors live at the Hollywood Bowl - better I quote the above song than Back Door Man!)

I was just about to say I'm listening to the Door Live in New York and the desk started shaking. No, make that the whole house- and we are on solid rock here!

Whoa! Rock AND roll, baby!

That was, indeed, an earthquake. 5.9, epicenter: Susanville, CA. No reports of damage/injury thus far.
    Shake, rattle and roll!