• pj1981pj1981 Posts: 288
    I tried a great new drink this past weekend ... 'Kiltlifter'

1 1/2 oz Scotch whisky
    1 oz Drambuie® Scotch whisky
    2 1/2 oz Rose's® lime juice

it works :mrgreen:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I just love the word "Drambuie".

Also love the name of that drink - reminds me of dunkman with some Groundskeeper Willie thrown in :mrgreen:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited May 2013
    Thought of the Dunk when I read the drink's name!!!! I love kilts!

Early, but I think I will have a drink for my lovely friends here. OK... maybe I'll raise a mug of green tea....
    Post edited by redrock on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    If I didn't have a lot of work to do I'd slam a few down here right now and put on some head banging music and bang my head against the wall and shake the house down. Thank god for work-- my heads been banged around enough already and the cat is bouncing off the walls- that sweet little empath! :lol: .... :(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    Nothing like a little work in the garden to help calm nerves. Now I'm enjoying a glass of pinot in a toast to a totally awesome person. Then I'm heading out for ice cream with my kids :D
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    Man this sucks one of our discus fish just died she was always reluctant to eat. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

That's too bad g under p :( They can be such beautiful fish. What colour was yours?
    riotgrl wrote:
    Nothing like a little work in the garden to help calm nerves.

I'm working on a couple of cakes. I find making all the little sugarpaste decorations have a calming effect...
    riotgrl wrote:
    Now I'm enjoying a glass of pinot in a toast to a totally awesome person.
    Me too, except it's one badass and sweet (glass) bowl.

I think I missed that some stuff went down here in the last couple days; kinda guessed/figured out what's what by now...so a toast from me to another awesome person (maybe the same one as yours?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeAlXfFOl8
  • JBiiJBii Posts: 354
    lifting a glass of Ruffino Ducale Chianti Classico to the love of my life 34 years and counting here's to you
    sweetness and light
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    quick! pass me a bottle of pinot noir.. my glass is empty.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Damn Cate... non around. Will a Merlot do????
    redrock wrote:
    Damn Cate... non around. Will a Merlot do????

guess itll have to ;) thank you ... turns out one bottle isn't enough. guess im acquiring some sort of immunity to the standard 8 glasses. *shrugs*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Going to be an expensive habit! And one doesn't really want to 'stoop down' to just plain ol' cheap plonk!

Synchronicity - you speak of wines as I am choosing various wines to go with several meals planned when I have guests next week! Don't think I will have any pinot noir though - carries a bit too much of a 'punch' - or not enough. Will have to look for lighter/headier ones.
    redrock wrote:
    Going to be an expensive habit! And one doesn't really want to 'stoop down' to just plain ol' cheap plonk!

Synchronicity - you speak of wines as I am choosing various wines to go with several meals planned when I have guests next week! Don't think I will have any pinot noir though - carries a bit too much of a 'punch'. Will have to look for lighter ones.

living in Australia there are quality wines that don't break the bank. as for pairing wine with food, heres my theory...

the food is dead so it doesn't much care... I only drink red wine therefore it doesn't really matter to me what I eat. and oh yeah.. pinot noir rules. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Even if I'm French (well part...) I will admit to some fabulous 'new world' wines - whether Australia, Chile, etc. :lol: I also much prefer red, though I do drink whites but I am very picky about them. My favourite wines are the traditional Burgundy wines - unfortunately pricey. After that, I can sometimes be quite 'undiscerning' - as long as it goes down and I don't make a face or choke when it does....
    redrock wrote:
    Even if I'm French (well part...) I will admit to some fabulous 'new world' wines - whether Australia, Chile, etc. :lol: I also much prefer red, though I do drink whites but I am very picky about them. My favourite wines are the traditional Burgundy wines - unfortunately pricey. After that, I can sometimes be quite 'undiscerning' - as long as it goes down and I don't make a face or choke when it does....

you know the wine industry imo is as wanky as the art world.. all I know is what I like and hell will freeze over before I spend some ridiculous amount of money on a bottle of wine to just have it gather dust in my 'cellar'. I buy wine to drink... its as simple as that. if it costs me just $6 then so be it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Exactly. I know a couple of wine collectors (and they do drink their expensive wines) but to be honest with you, whether a gulp costs a penny or $100, if I don't like it - I don't. However offended they may be in me telling them so!! :lol::lol:

Drink what you enjoy, be it wine, water, beer.. whatever gives you satisfaction.
    I will be switching from the usual pinot noir (my fave! - sounds like several of us could have an enjoyable evening sampling some lovely pinots from around the world!) and beer to some mixed drinks this evening. I'm gearing up for some heavy duty beach fun with friends and family as soon as this school year winds down. I'm the official in charge of our drink selection on the beach so we will be sampling Cosmopolitans this evening. Another toast to a lovely friend that can't enjoy a drink on the train

I AM MINE
    riotgrl wrote:
    I will be switching from the usual pinot noir (my fave! - sounds like several of us could have an enjoyable evening sampling some lovely pinots from around the world!) and beer to some mixed drinks this evening. I'm gearing up for some heavy duty beach fun with friends and family as soon as this school year winds down. I'm the official in charge of our drink selection on the beach so we will be sampling Cosmopolitans this evening. Another toast to a lovely friend that can't enjoy a drink on the train

beach fun?? in Kentucky??? outrageous. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Cosmopolitans :lol:

So riotgrl.... letting your hair down for the summer then!! :lol::lol::lol:

Beach??? Where are you going?

EDIT: LOL catefrances beat me to the beach thing :mrgreen:
    riotgrl wrote:

beach fun?? in Kentucky??? outrageous. :lol:

:lol: No we're going to Florida! Although, we do have beaches in Kentucky but next to the lake not the ocean!

I AM MINE
    redrock wrote:
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Cosmopolitans :lol:

So riotgrl.... letting your hair down for the summer then!! :lol::lol::lol:

Beach??? Where are you going?

EDIT: LOL catefrances beat me to the beach thing :mrgreen:

Gotta let you hair down or go crazy! 8-)

I AM MINE
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I think I'll pull my socks up and put my foot down...

I don't have hair to let down... :(
    I think I'll pull my socks up and put my foot down...

I don't have hair to let down... :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Don't talk about spirits when it is still morning here in the US!

:fp:

Can't wait until quitting time.

8-)
    Jason P wrote:

8-)
    I tell ya, if I were home at this moment, I think I'd be spirited and then some...and it's only 8:45!

*ridiculously-cute feline version of my goal for tomorrow morning post-wake-n-bake:
    sleepycat.jpg
    hedonist wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

8-)
    I tell ya, if I were home at this moment, I think I'd be spirited and then some...and it's only 8:45!

*ridiculously-cute feline version of my goal for tomorrow morning post-wake-n-bake:
    sleepycat.jpg

Sweet! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Holy horse shit! My step daughter (fortunately one very competent young woman) just called and told me she just took Celia has a torn retina and took her to a hospital. I'm stuck here waiting to see what happens next. Damn, we'll all need a stiff one or three when this day is done.

Is Celia your step-granddaughter?

Any case, I hope it's not serious and turns out OK for her...for them.

Hang in there, B!
    hedonist wrote:
    Is Celia your step-granddaughter?

Any case, I hope it's not serious and turns out OK for her...for them.

Hang in there, B!

Thanks for asking about her, Hedonist.

Celia is my wife. She just called and told me she waited too late to get her eye looked at in order to have the simple procedure to correct the problem. She has to go in Monday for eye surgery. As if that's not bad enough, she will have to lie face down for 10 days and and for two months she is not supposed go over 1,600 feet in elevation... which is really problematic as we live at 2,000 ft elevation.

Life gets challenging sometimes. :(