The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I got the ball my man. I hit it near the 368 marker. I am already blasted!!!! GO CUBS GO!!!
  • muskydan said:

I got the ball my man. I hit it near the 368 marker. I am already blasted!!!! GO CUBS GO!!!

Maybe Soler could do the same thing 15 times before the end of the fantasy season?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    muskydan said:

Hey Lounger's…I just had to share this. I got the chance to hit Batting practice at Wrigley today getting a invite from my big shot buddy with Budweiser….So I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and jacked one 3 rows up in the left field bleachers. I ran the bases and everything. This happy Cubs fan is getting drunk….I hope I can make it to first pitch. Party on!!!!!!

I can only imagine how exhilarating that must have been! Very cool, Dan!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I wish I could get into baseball =)
    brianlux said:

muskydan said:

Hey Lounger's…I just had to share this. I got the chance to hit Batting practice at Wrigley today getting a invite from my big shot buddy with Budweiser….So I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and jacked one 3 rows up in the left field bleachers. I ran the bases and everything. This happy Cubs fan is getting drunk….I hope I can make it to first pitch. Party on!!!!!!

Thanks Bri, it was one of the purest highs I have had in a very very long time. Nothin like feeling 18 again. I had the same feeling like when I heard Summertime Rolls and Evenflow played live in 92 at Lollapalooza in 92 at the World Music Theater in Tinely Park.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

Thanks Bri, it was one of the purest highs I have had in a very very long time. Nothin like feeling 18 again. I had the same feeling like when I heard Summertime Rolls and Evenflow played live in 92 at Lollapalooza in 92 at the World Music Theater in Tinely Park.
    Also very cool, Dan! That was a couple months before I even knew anything about PJ. It wasn't until they played on SNL in October that year that knew about them I remember it was exciting seeing them rock out for the first time on TV... But to see them live back then... oh man- that must have been great!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I remember when I first paid attention to PJ.I was driving with the radio cranking and the dj was like here is Pearl Jam another band out of Seattle.It was Alive.I remember thinking it's cool,but Not as good.The other Seattle bands like Nirvana,AIC,Soundgarden and Queensreych(Remember Jet City Woman).Boy was I wrong.

My little brother who was still in HS at the time loved PJ and thought I was being stupid.All while heavy air play was weakening my resistance to these guys and sucking me in.Then boom ,Temple of the Dog came out.Holy Shit!!!! That was some revolutionary stuff.I was officially hooked.Then Singles just totally knocked me.
    Just think AIC Dirt,SG Badmotorfinger,Nirvana Nevermind,Metallica Black Album,PJ Ten,And Temple of The Dog,Screaming Trees and the Pumpkins all out at the same time.Shit that was some hard core rock radio right there.

We even moved to the Pac NW (Portland but only for 9 months) in early 92. What a great vibe.I was so glad to be even a little part of that whole flannel wearing,grunge listening,coffee drinking time in culture and history.
    And Dan that 92 Palooza had an incredible line up,man o man.Thats a one to brag about seeing live.
  • Just popping into the Train gut a quick quip about dimbass Trump, and had to run up here tongue lounge to says quick hello!
  • Just popping into the Train gut a quick quip about dimbass Trump, and had to run up here tongue lounge to says quick hello!

P.S. Fuck autocorrect!!
    Tongue lounge? Ha!

The preview/edit features are my friends =)
    rr165892 said:

I remember when I first paid attention to PJ.I was driving with the radio cranking and the dj was like here is Pearl Jam another band out of Seattle.It was Alive.I remember thinking it's cool,but Not as good.The other Seattle bands like Nirvana,AIC,Soundgarden and Queensreych(Remember Jet City Woman).Boy was I wrong.

My little brother who was still in HS at the time loved PJ and thought I was being stupid.All while heavy air play was weakening my resistance to these guys and sucking me in.Then boom ,Temple of the Dog came out.Holy Shit!!!! That was some revolutionary stuff.I was officially hooked.Then Singles just totally knocked me.
    Just think AIC Dirt,SG Badmotorfinger,Nirvana Nevermind,Metallica Black Album,PJ Ten,And Temple of The Dog,Screaming Trees and the Pumpkins all out at the same time.Shit that was some hard core rock radio right there.

We even moved to the Pac NW (Portland but only for 9 months) in early 92. What a great vibe.I was so glad to be even a little part of that whole flannel wearing,grunge listening,coffee drinking time in culture and history.
    And Dan that 92 Palooza had an incredible line up,man o man.Thats a one to brag about seeing live.

Very interesting rr...pretty similar to me. my buddy made me go to that show . I was into heavy metal and didn't even want to learn about other music. Well that day changed my Life big time...it was an awakening.

Speaking of Portland, I will be in Oregon next week...before I root my Cubbies onto victory in SF next wends and thurs. look for me in the right field bleachers front row next to foul pole wearing a gaudy floresant hat so my pals back home can see my ugly ass everytime they Pan the crowd out there.
    Make sure you check back on that thread where we gave you a bunch of must do things in Portland.Hike Eagle Creek and Multinomah falls out on the Gorge and visit Ecola Creek Park in Cannon beach(Goonies)

And I will be in Chicago for the Foo Concert starting next thurs.I was going to ask you about the location of the pop up shop but I forgot where it was.lol
    And of course many cold beers woulda been on me.
    But I think a few of us from this board may have a drink prior to show or at least that's the talk in another thread.
    Enjoy your trip.Sounds like your having a sweet couple weeks.
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Very interesting rr...pretty similar to me. my buddy made me go to that show . I was into heavy metal and didn't even want to learn about other music. Well that day changed my Life big time...it was an awakening.

Speaking of Portland, I will be in Oregon next week...before I root my Cubbies onto victory in SF next wends and thurs. look for me in the right field bleachers front row next to foul pole wearing a gaudy floresant hat so my pals back home can see my ugly ass everytime they Pan the crowd out there.
    Ha,I was listening to a lot of Maiden,Megadeath,Sabbath and all the other metal as well back then.Hell I still keep em on regular rotation when getting a lift in.
    rr165892 said:

Make sure you check back on that thread where we gave you a bunch of must do things in Portland.Hike Eagle Creek and Multinomah falls out on the Gorge and visit Ecola Creek Park in Cannon beach(Goonies)

And I will be in Chicago for the Foo Concert starting next thurs.I was going to ask you about the location of the pop up shop but I forgot where it was.lol
    But I think a few of us from this board may have a drink prior to show or at least that's the talk in another thread.

I sure will try 2 go to all of those places rr. So not sure how long you have in my town, but here are a few things that may interest you. For the Best Deep dish Pizza, go to Pequads pizza on clybourne. For great local rock music and coolest area in the city (wicker park/buck town) go to the Double Door ...used to see the pumpkins there often back in the day. For a cool spot before the show the newer bar Old Crow is awesome. It is huge and has a retractable roof and amazing TV's and sound. They most likely will be rocking out Live Foo shows. A great place to grab an early lunch at the beach would be at the montrose beach bar. It gets way crowded, but if you have a early lunch one day before noon it's great...I live like 3 blocks from it...any other questions u got just ask.
    I've been duped!

I checked out this new series on IFC called Documentary Now, not realizing it spoofs previously-made docs. So I'm watching what I thought was a "making of" type of thing, of the old documentary about those two old socialites in Grey Gardens...but it's just off, and I'm thinking the mother and daughter look like men.

Google it, and yeah - haha, joke's on me! The original doc was absurdly sad, and seemed like this was just making fun of them.

At least do a lighter topic, for the love of Pete. Can't wait for the Auschwitz episode!
    hedonist said:

I've been duped!

I checked out this new series on IFC called Documentary Now, not realizing it spoofs previously-made docs. So I'm watching what I thought was a "making of" type of thing, of the old documentary about those two old socialites in Grey Gardens...but it's just off, and I'm thinking the mother and daughter look like men.

Google it, and yeah - haha, joke's on me! The original doc was absurdly sad, and seemed like this was just making fun of them.

At least do a lighter topic, for the love of Pete. Can't wait for the Auschwitz episode!

Haha,that's always a hoot.Pack a bowl,get comfy Hedo and watch a double feature on those hilarious Holocaust and the American Slave Trade documentaries.Just good clean family fun right there.
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

I sure will try 2 go to all of those places rr. So not sure how long you have in my town, but here are a few things that may interest you. For the Best Deep dish Pizza, go to Pequads pizza on clybourne. For great local rock music and coolest area in the city (wicker park/buck town) go to the Double Door ...used to see the pumpkins there often back in the day. For a cool spot before the show the newer bar Old Crow is awesome. It is huge and has a retractable roof and amazing TV's and sound. They most likely will be rocking out Live Foo shows. A great place to grab an early lunch at the beach would be at the montrose beach bar. It gets way crowded, but if you have a early lunch one day before noon it's great...I live like 3 blocks from it...any other questions u got just ask.
    Some good advice sir.You had me at"great local rock music in the coolest area of the city" and "retractable roof cranking Foos" right up my alley.I can't wait.

Oh and one really fun Portland Afternoon is renting bikes and cruising the riverfront,both sides have great paths.Then stop at a cart or local joint for some Yakisoba noodles.
    Where are you staying?
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Some good advice sir.You had me at"great local rock music in the coolest area of the city" and "retractable roof cranking Foos" right up my alley.I can't wait.

Oh and one really fun Portland Afternoon is renting bikes and cruising the riverfront,both sides have great paths.Then stop at a cart or local joint for some Yakisoba noodles.
    Where are you staying?
    No idea where we are staying... We are literally winging in for 12 days camping up the coast from SF. I may jump into a few b&b's to clean up my girlfriend a bit...and Portland sounds like a great spot for that....
    Happy Friday people !!!!!!! Hope everyone has a awesome weekend planned.
    To you too, rr!

Right now, all I'm looking forward to is getting home, getting comfy, and getting buzzed.

And some sort of comfort-food dinner with the dude later on.

edited August 2015
    Hedo,last night we didn't get to eat a normal din din due to work schedule,so we decided to shower,catch a buzz and then see where our newly intensified hunger takes us.
    We settled on grilled cheese (2 kinds) with turkey bacon on multi grain and a bowl of tomato basil soup to dip it in.Lets just say it was divine.It was definitely a stoners delight type of meal.
    Remember be creative.Breakfast foods are always also a great choice.

Mrs rr has informed me she has returns at the mall.So It looks like some Asian yummies tonight at PF Changs.yum
    Post edited by rr165892 on
    After speaking earlier with a co-worker and all he's going through - really bad shit, like living out of his car type of bad shit - I tell you, my friend...we are fortunate in so many ways.

Not to say I feel guilty for what we've earned and have, but my heart goes out to him.

Definitely gonna savor the dinner this evening. You and the Mrs. do the same. :)
    You hate when someone you know is hurting or down and out.Sorry to hear it Hedo.
    Many times it's easy for us to loose sight of the real important things in life and makes us appreciate what we are so fortunate to have.
    Here's wishing your coworker smoother sailing and brighter skies ahead.Hope they are back up and happy very soon.
    Yeah, he was in my mind a lot last evening. Hugged my guy bigtime when he got home, and we ended up watching youtubes of old comedy.

Bob Hope (what a class act he was, so loved him), Robin Williams on Carson, Jerry Lewis filling in for Carson with Old Blue Eyes, those roasts from the 70s, of Sinatra and Ronald Reagan. Jack Benny up there with Jimmy Stewart and Gene Kelly, most smoking and obviously drinking a shitload.

Beautiful lack of PC-ness.

Don Rickles was the SHIT. We were in tears from laughing.

Much needed - it was a great night.
    Otis via PJ? A great morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl3NeDo99GE
    hedonist said:

Yeah, he was in my mind a lot last evening. Hugged my guy bigtime when he got home, and we ended up watching youtubes of old comedy.

Bob Hope (what a class act he was, so loved him), Robin Williams on Carson, Jerry Lewis filling in for Carson with Old Blue Eyes, those roasts from the 70s, of Sinatra and Ronald Reagan. Jack Benny up there with Jimmy Stewart and Gene Kelly, most smoking and obviously drinking a shitload.

Beautiful lack of PC-ness.

Don Rickles was the SHIT. We were in tears from laughing.

Much needed - it was a great night.

What do you mean was the shit.Rickles is awesome and totally not PC.Its glorious.Those old Carson. Shows bring back a lot fond memories of sneaking TV late at night when I was a kid.Loved John and Ed
    You're right. IS the shit.

Not sure if there are lovers of Elton & Joni here, but this just got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsBx2zROIgo
    Sir Elton.!!
    He is headlining Midtown Music fest in ATL this year.With Van Halen,Alice in Chains and Lenny Kravitz as the other big acts.I usually go every year but I saw Elton Earlier this year and have VH coming here in a couple weeks.Im bummed I did miss AIC last week up in Orlando.That sucked.
    edited August 2015
    Nm
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

Great stuff RR. Pretty close to my exposure. Friend turned me on to Ten. Got singles then searched out all artists on this cd. And yeah Temple of the Dog blew me away. Remember having one of the Sony Discman's with cassette adapter to car stereo and tearing down the street to Alice n chains Rooster. Ahhhhh memories.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG