The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rr165892 said:

This place is full of dust.What gives.I opened a window and wiped down the bar.Anyone in need of a liquid nooner???

Haha! Well done, sir. I'm on the mend. How about some O.J. with a dose of vitamin D-3? Thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    You need some chicken soup with a matzo ball.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Gin n tonic please.. Yeah tall with heavy single shot. One of those day. But still gotta ride home.

Dropping quarter into juke box. D12-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TdC0QtR_Kwc
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Hey guys, if anyone ever finds themself in Seattle you must do the stalking Seattle tour. It is a must for any PJ, MLB, soundgarden, chaines, nirvana fan. The places I saw today were very very special and sad from any lover of our most excellent music. Now off to Mariners game
    I bet you got the apartment building from "Singles" ??
    rr165892 said:

You need some chicken soup with a matzo ball.

Yuk, LOL! Only good when dealing with a flu bug! Thank you though, kind sir. No, it's not that kind of bug. It's my chronic fatigue- been dealing with it since the mid 80's. It kind of feels like I've been beaten with a lead pipe.

Enjoyed listening to "Given to Fly" on 45 RPM vinyl! Found the single with the picture sleeve in a thrift store for 50 cents! Whoo Hoo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Yuck? Yuck?!

:angry:

Nothing like a well-made matzo ball soup, maybe a kreplach or two tossed in.

Now I'm craving the Canter's version.

Seriously, hope you get some of that energy back, B.

Also buying callen a drink.
  • hedonist said:

Yuck? Yuck?!

Kreplach? Isn't that what Klingons say?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Just when they're pissed off.

Seriously, they are SO good.

Them Jews know their dumplings =)
    hedonist said:

Yuck? Yuck?!

Obviously I had the wrong cook make it. And come to think of it, that was a long time ago. And come to think of it, the cook was English/Irish. And come to think of it, she was protestant, not a Jewish. Well OK then Ms Hedo, I best give it another shot one of these days. Sounds like a good warm fall kind of soup.

(Oh so tempted to make a kerplash! joke. You know, when the dumpling hits the water? Ne-ver-mind! LOL!)

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Yuck? Yuck?!

Obviously I had the wrong cook make it. And come to think of it, that was a long time ago. And come to think of it, the cook was English/Irish. And come to think of it, she was protestant, not a Jewish. Well OK then Ms Hedo, I best give it another shot one of these days. Sounds like a good warm fall kind of soup.

(Oh so tempted to make a kerplash! joke. You know, when the dumpling hits the water? Ne-ver-mind! LOL!)
    Oh,I get it.Hedo ups my soup anti with the Kreplach and now your on board Bri?

Sheesh,I guess I won't bring up blintzes,Latke or my aunts stuffed cabbage.That would just sound like I was being desperate.lol
    rr165892 said:

You bet we did, got a fantastic picture of us sitting on the steps. My fave was seeing the rehearsal space where Amet t
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

You bet we did, got a fantastic picture of us sitting on the steps. My fave was seeing the rehearsal space where Amet t
    Took EV his first night in town...real cool scene in PJ20. One of the many things I love About Ev...he worked hard and it was all about music and not Dope like many back then
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Took EV his first night in town...real cool scene in PJ20. One of the many things I love About Ev...he worked hard and it was all about music and not Dope like many back then
    I'm glad you completed the thought. Was thinking "where Ament what?? Don't leave us hanging!" =)

Pretty sure dope played a part in their time, but it's OK - part and parcel of most artists.

As Bill Hicks said -

“You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years were rrreal fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

(I've never heard the Ringo part before but love it)
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Good stuff Dan-o. Go to the Off Ramp?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    edited September 2015
    Brian thanks for posting a little something from one of my favorite movies out there....
    Ghost Dog.....The Way Of The Samarai
    Here's one of the tracks from the movie soundtrack that I love so much, one can just sit back chill and jam to the tunes....Willie Williams....1977

http://youtu.be/46nL91rwP4g

THE CLASH made a cover of the song years later in 1979 here it is live....

http://youtu.be/ga4wASz39Fc

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

Brian thanks for posting a little something from one of my favorite movies out there....
    Ghost Dog.....The Way Of The Samarai
    Here's one of the tracks from the movie soundtrack that I love so much, one can just sit back chill and jam to the tunes....Willie Williams....1977

http://youtu.be/46nL91rwP4g

THE CLASH made a cover of the song years later in 1979 here it is live....

http://youtu.be/ga4wASz39Fc

Peace

One of my favorite films as well, G! Yes, great song from the sound track. Hadn't heard the Clash version. Nice! Thanks!

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,833
    ^^^I love the return of Nobody from Dead Man: "Stupid fucking white man."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

^^^I love the return of Nobody from Dead Man: "Stupid fucking white man."

Oh man, yes, great line. I love how Gary Farmer has shown up in some of Jarmusch's stuff. Great actor.

BEAUTY.

We've been digging what/who brought us together this evening, big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4-qLY2FR2A
    I needed some bass line to lead into the evening.And my pal Aaron Lewis knows how to deliver.
    Great Jam.lets keep it heavy tonight.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FuAC9YIC2Bs
    He's got something, have dug much of what I've heard. Nice covers too.

In this place at the moment (though who knows, it's still early here) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTkDRjD11zo
    Just me or does Ms O'Connor seem to be channeling McCready and Neilson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNAqVfCvr-I
    Reading through some of the posts in the KY clerk Mrs Davis thread, 9/11, animals being hunted and others got me thinking of one many Marley favorites.....*All you've got to do, give a little*.....

http://youtu.be/tUAa5JID9FU

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,682
    *bellies up to the bar.

ALE!!!!! The ginger kind. Thanks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    1:38 way toooo early in the morning but I just can't sleep ...

well I just love that...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCojE2kJuGw
    Van Halen tonight, if I go I'm only getting lawn seats and at the moment it's raining. Strangely I walked by the Amphitheater and not one road crew truck was there yet. They had a day off after playing Tampa, it must be a quick set up and go stage and show. Not like the old days where they brought tons of equipment, lights and lots of SOUND.

PEACE

G,I will be there also.Hope this weather holds out.I cannot wait.Im excited like a kid in a candy store.Check your pm
    G,did you go?If you did we missed ya.

Great show.Kenny Wayne Sheppard opening up was insane.The dude can play guitar on the level of Stevie Ray Vaughn.He rips the skin off your face with blazing blues based solos and wrapped up with a great smoking Hendrix cover.Fucking shred master.

VH is Still cranking out the soundtrack to my youth.And doing it so fucking good.
    Eddie is as sharp as ever and always backs up why he is the best guitarist walking the planet.Diamond Dave was at his corny,whacked out rambling best.His Schtick is classic.Daves voice was on last night so we got a awesome show.Great energy and some deep classics were on the set list.It was great to hear songs like Dirty Movies,Somebody get me A Doctor,Woman In Love not usually played anymore.All in all outstanding Tuesday night of music.

Dan-o how was AC/DC?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Brazil's President looks like The Joker. Just thought you should know.