The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    gambo, you're like Kevin Kline from The Big Chill!

(one of my favorite films; please tell me you've seen it, otherwise my comment will seem awkward)

Good luck with the bat & broom.
  • I prefer Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda, but to each her own.

I don't recall there being any bats involved in that one, though.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I like Kevin Kline but I haven't seen The Big Chill.
    If he goes into batbattle alone and unassisted, then it is a more appropriate reference than The Great Outdoors or Black Sheep.
    I know there have to be a few more out there as well.
    My first thought was that it is an overused gag, my second thought was that I must look damn funny dodging this bat like it's an Ebola spreading vampire.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Ace Ventura has some good bat scenes.
    Hedo,Gambs is to young for The Big Chill.We kinda are also.Its a baby boomer movie for sure.
    gambo, you should see me when a bee is in the vicinity =)

rr, I have BOTH soundtracks on vinyl! I wouldn't mind giving the film a watch sometime soon. Not of their era but there's something I love about it all.

often, I've seen the Fish film only once and dug it. Can't go wrong with all who were involved in its making.
  • I thought i could order a drink here not get movie reviews , damn i need a drink right about now ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    You get it all here, jose - whether or not you like it ;)

Cheers!
    B, I'm currently catching this doc on Showtime called Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church, and my first thought was that I actually know a lucky mofo who saw him live =)

It just started and is getting cranked!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

B, I'm currently catching this doc on Showtime called Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church, and my first thought was that I actually know a lucky mofo who saw him live =)

It just started and is getting cranked!

Ooh! Nice! We don't get Showtime so I hope the put it out on DVD. I've never seen a Hendrix documentary that I found more than moderately satisfying (and I've got about 10 of them on tape and DVD). I hope this one is good!

It's true- I am a lucky mofo to have seen Jimi! Oddly enough, I'd have to say the best part about seeing Jimi those two times was the first time, waiting in line outside Winterland in S.F. Out of the blue, Jimi started doing a sound check by himself and in that big hall, with hardly anyone inside, the sound was enormous standing next to those walls. His guitar playing was massive and soaring and reverberated out into the cool night air. It was like hearing God in the next room creating a new universe.

Let us know how you like the documentary!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I loved it. It was...RICH.

Very much worth the intake.

(and it was TWO times? Son of a....!)
    g, not sure if I've posted this before but know you'd dig it (again?) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSGR1nN356o
    hedonist said:

I loved it. It was...RICH.

Very much worth the intake.

(and it was TWO times? Son of a....!)

Cool! I'll watch for it.

Yes, two times- I guess that makes me a double mofo, LOL. Winterland in 1968 and Northern California Folk-Rock Festival- 1969. By '69 The Experience were near to breaking up and the vibe was not as good but... no complaints!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    http://dustedmagazine.tumblr.com/post/128346929195/listed-carlton-melton

"My favorite guitar player and solo. Raw. Andy and I first met and bonded over our love for Jimi Hendrix before we ever played music together."
    --Rich Millman, guitar/synth, Carlton Melton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4htqbFhT9Is

In honor of the upcoming official end to blue summer skies (but not the rest of it)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEw3y4nFXA
    Ya know,some evenings require a certain next level playlist.

PJ 10,Soundgarden Superunknown,Nirvana Nevermind,Foo fighters(multiple albums) and yes the great Kelly Clarkson(such a great vocalist,voice like butta) on random shuffle Playlist.

Cooking my special mushroom pot roast in a crock pot.My house smells like my childhood,hahah drinking a Goose Island 312,and spending quality time with Mr Bud Greene.I fucking love Saturday nights.I hope you all are well.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    edited September 2015
    I took a short beach ride early this morning, just chilling now trying figure out the rest of the day. This I know will include music of all sorts but for now I'll jam this one from my favorite violinist.....

Jean Luc Ponty.....A Taste For Passion

http://youtu.be/AsKIXGmEbaI

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

rr165892 said:

Ya know,some evenings require a certain next level playlist.

PJ 10,Soundgarden Superunknown,Nirvana Nevermind,Foo fighters(multiple albums) and yes the great Kelly Clarkson(such a great vocalist,voice like butta) on random shuffle Playlist.

Cooking my special mushroom pot roast in a crock pot.My house smells like my childhood,hahah drinking a Goose Island 312,and spending quality time with Mr Bud Greene.I fucking love Saturday nights.I hope you all are well.

God, there's nothing like that smell.

Sounds like a fine evening, rr. Love Saturday nights too - we on-demanded the latest Mad Max, which going into it blind, was pretty good.

And it feels soooo nice knowing tomorrow's a holiday.
    My house got hit by lightning yesterday.It fried 3 cable boxes,modem and the hdmi cables to my sat box.So I was without TV last night. music and my iPad were the only way to go after momma fell asleep.It was an old school kinda evening for sure.Was able to get Sat box back online today.

That was a good Mad Max,I liked it.Im a big Tom Hardy fan.

Heading out to see Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes tonight.I figured I got the tickets why not just go and chill and see how it goes.Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Enjoy your evening all.
    Ouch. Haven't ever experienced that but glad you two are OK aside from the other damage.

I had no idea who Hardy was but seems like he should've been in 300. And Charlize, whoa! BADASS.

I've heard good things about Lady A - enjoy your evening too, my friend.
    Sounds exciting, rr! I mean, not that you want to get hit by lightning but yeah, I understand! I was camping in an old Ford van I had back in the seventies with my then girl friend and lightning went down the antenna and into the engine and blew out the solenoid. My girl friend was freaked out but I was like, "Whoa! Cool!" But then for the rest of the trio I had to start the van by arcing the starter with a screw driver, lol!

Solenoid sounds like something Professor Frink would say =)

Looked up the term and learned something new today!

AND that its inventor is after whom the ampere is named.
    hedonist said:

Nicely done, Hedo!

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Nicely done, Hedo!

Can't remember on which thread, but awhile ago I posted how I learned that "lux" is defined as a unit of illumination.

Go figure :peace:
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Nicely done, Hedo!

Can't remember on which thread, but awhile ago I posted how I learned that "lux" is defined as a unit of illumination.

Go figure :peace:
    Yep! And "Brian" mean strong. and my middle name is ray. Go figure, LOL. But I was very nearly named David but my folks didn't want kids calling me "Deluxe" :lol:

brianlux said:

Sounds exciting, rr! I mean, not that you want to get hit by lightning but yeah, I understand! I was camping in an old Ford van I had back in the seventies with my then girl friend and lightning went down the antenna and into the engine and blew out the solenoid. My girl friend was freaked out but I was like, "Whoa! Cool!" But then for the rest of the trio I had to start the van by arcing the starter with a screw driver, lol!

I had an ole work pick up many moons ago that had the same issue.I ruined many a shirts between fucking with the starter under the truck and climbing around the engine well.good times
    The things learned here in the lounge.

It's cloudy and muggy this Labor Day Monday morning.Perfect time to take the dogs for a long walk on the beach before it gets super hot..Enjoy your day guys.
    Here what I added lol.

Pretty cool
    http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime
  • rr165892 said:

Here what I added lol.

Pretty cool
    http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Well, not surprisingly, no lightning where I am.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    This place is full of dust.What gives.I opened a window and wiped down the bar.Anyone in need of a liquid nooner???