The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    First of all the clip cuts out right before the classic"I've had many,many beers line" in that phone booth.I still use that line regularly.
    I know of those Cornell Cameo moments.
    I'm talking about the clown/mime that's riding in the backseat,during one of the scenes.Look at the face it looks like Cornell.Ill try to find it.
    That great Crowe movie has forever ruined garage door openers as gifts.lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

B, was it you who turned me onto this, which I'd originally thought was a Costello deal?

So so pretty.

Where are the strong? And who are the trusted?

(I know where the harmony is, though :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ywceG6onqg

Ah! Such an awesome song, Hedo!

I know I posted that Lowe original somewhere on one of the PJ forum sections but where and when...? Failed memory test, haha! Good to hear it again!

Something tells me you would :) at this, Luxman.

Just adore this guy too. So talented.

(she's right there with it!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwd2RxmR3fU
    Hey Hedo! Yeah, cool! Sorry I missed this earlier. Great song! Byrne is amazing. I saw the expanded T.H. (with the great Adrian Belew) at the S.F. Civic in '82. David was burning bundle of energy- never stopped moving and during Belew's solos he ran laps around the stage. Crazy great show (opening band was Black Uhura with Sly and Robbie- WOW!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Ok I found my answer and it was also a Celeb Cameo.This fella also Was a Crowe favorite in Fast Times.
    Mr.Eric Stotlz
    kinda looks like Cornell in make up
  • rr165892 said:

Ok I found my answer and it was also a Celeb Cameo.This fella also Was a Crowe favorite in Fast Times.
    Mr.Eric Stotlz

Ahhh, the original Marty Mcfly.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    He looks like Jason Bateman on the left.
    This one came to my head for some reason today, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKkjSzdwL4
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Wait, wait...today?!

Give me your answer, fill in a form :)

If indeed today, happy happy day to you Sir Lux!
    hedonist said:

Wait, wait...today?!

Give me your answer, fill in a form :)

If indeed today, happy happy day to you Sir Lux!

hehe! Today? LOL! No, if it were today it would have to go:

"Do you still need me
    Are you still feeding me
    Now that I'm 64?"

It just doesn't have the same ring, ya know?

However, as it is, today is the last day that song fits my life the way it was written! :wink:

Thanks Asterisk! Yay Fab Four!

edited August 2015

I hope my favorite Prius driving hippyish liberal Californian (aka earth muffin) friend has a great bday.Cheers to you Brian
    rr165892 said:

I hope my favorite Prius driving hippyish liberal Californian (aka earth muffin) friend has a great bday.Cheers to you Brian

Hahaha! Thanks, rr! Love it! Cheers! :-D

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brian !!!
    Wishing you peace, love and happiness and a wonderful day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USip2Phpy60
    Special bong-hit in your honor this evening, B!

(oh who am I kidding - it's really for me, but I'll be thinking of you at the time =) )

Hope you're having a beautiful day!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Happy Birthday, Mr. Lux!! :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJVEbvVDk7s

It's a bit long, but I thought you might like it. Too bad badbrains isn't around, I think he would get a kick out of the first minute.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

It's a bit long, but I thought you might like it. Too bad badbrains isn't around, I think he would get a kick out of the first minute.

Narts reading it.Hes stealthy.
    hedonist said:

(oh who am I kidding - it's really for me, but I'll be thinking of you at the time =) )

Haha! Whoopie! Thanks, Hedo!

SD48277 said:

Ooh! Henry to watch after work! Thanks S. :smiley:

Nart, if your out there, hi buddy!

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Happy birthday to my favourite forum bibliophile - hope you day has been full of great stories and a little fun between the covers.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

Ditto!

Salutations and congratulations!
    If there were more people like you in the world we wouldn't have much to talk about on this forum!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Thank you, oftenreading and Gambs!

Worked hard at the store today (which begged the question "Why am I still working this hard?" followed by the answer, "Well, at least I still can!"). After work my sweetie and I had a great picnic out at Marshall Gold Discovery Park in Coloma. Good food, good wine, sat by the river and watched the sun set. Perfect!

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to share some goodness.I'm a proud Dad today.

My oldest,my son who is a couple months shy of 24 ,Took his very last college exam this morning at FSU and now has successfully graduated with a degree in Economics and Political Science.

Feels good getting one all the way thru the system.(and close to being off the money teet).Feels like it took forever(5 1/2 years due to playing football).Anytime your kid can surpass what we did at his age.Its an awesome accomplished feeling.Now just 2 more to go.lol

He's coming home for 2 weeks and then baby bird is moving to Manhattan where he will be working in Advertising and Sports marketing.We couldn't be more excited for him.And now I have a reason to go play in the city every few months.Which is awesome.

Drinks all around on me tonight here in the lounge.Thanks for letting me share with Ya'll.
  • rr165892 said:

Hey guys,

My oldest,my son who is a couple months shy of 24 ,Took his very last college exam this morning at FSU and now has successfully graduated with a degree in Economics and Political Science.

Feels good getting one all the way thru the system.(and close to being off the money teet).Feels like it took forever(5 1/2 years due to playing football).Anytime your kid can surpass what we did at his age.Its an awesome accomplished feeling.Now just 2 more to go.lol

He's coming home for 2 weeks and then baby bird is moving to Manhattan where he will be working in Advertising and Sports marketing.We couldn't be more excited for him.And now I have a reason to go play in the city every few months.Which is awesome.

Drinks all around on me tonight here in the lounge.Thanks for letting me share with Ya'll.

Good job, Dad.

And happy birthday B.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rr165892 said:

Hey guys,

Wow, that's great rr !!!
    Congratulations to the family, hope you will have a wonderful time together!

Cheers !
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172

Here's a little something a friend sent me and still cracks me up:

Have great weekend everybody.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Congrats to your boy, rr! Hope he's as proud of himself as you are.

...and g =)
    Thx guys.hope everyone has a great weekend.
    The elements, they speak to me -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5DhrB9F7og
    Good show, rr! Congratulations to you and your son!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,141
    brianlux said:

We're turning the place over to the step daughter and the cat for a few weeks of visiting relatives and going camping. Might get a chance to check in somewhere along the way. Meanwhile, hope you all have a good ride here!

Hey have a great time camping b safe ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....