The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Love MM guitar work in that,and I still think that was my favorite tour.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602

brianlux said:

We're turning the place over to the step daughter and the cat for a few weeks of visiting relatives and going camping. Might get a chance to check in somewhere along the way. Meanwhile, hope you all have a good ride here!

Hey have a great time camping b safe ....
    Thanks, Jose. That was a while back... we aborted that trip about half way through... bu I could go camping again soon!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    http://youtu.be/CVUP-Uu9VqA

This made laugh today, do women really go through all this wow? A unique way to burn some calories. :smile::lol:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited August 2015
    I got antsy just watching 45 seconds of her!

Never went that far (and definitely don't come anywhere close to it now; I need to be able to breathe, dammit), but I do remember as a teen, laying on my bed pulling up the zipper with a coat-hanger.
    hedonist said:

I got antsy just watching 45 seconds of her!

Never went that far (and definitely don't come anywhere close to it now; I need to be able to breathe, dammit), but I do remember as a teen, laying on my bed pulling up the zipper with a coat-hanger.

I hope you didn't hook something you shouldn't with that hanger. Sounds dangerous! :smile: I find it odd today women wear those jeans tight and young men can't keep them on their ass.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

At lunch today, I saw some dude wearing TIGHT skinny jeans but the crotchal area was a good six inches below the actual crotch. The fuck? He walked weirdly.

Trust I was safe with the hanger - too much at stake ;)

Sidenote, I hope you're healing well lately. I believe you and chadwick (where've you been, man? Already in love?) were going through some tough physical rehab.
    By dude you mean hipster right? Tight jeans,plaid shirt,beard,rolled up pant bottoms and maybe some boots while holding a craft IPA beer.You know,for those of us that we're children of another time something right out of a Dexys midnight runner video.(cmon Eileen)

g under p said:

This made laugh today, do women really go through all this wow? A unique way to burn some calories. :smile::lol:

Peace

G,How and where does someone come across show fine film work?lol
    rr165892 said:

By dude you mean hipster right? Tight jeans,plaid shirt,beard,rolled up pant bottoms and maybe some boots while holding a craft IPA beer.You know,for those of us that we're children of another time something right out of a Dexys midnight runner video.(cmon Eileen)

Beard and top-bun (not a fan of this new man-trend).

And I loved that video!
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Beard and top-bun (not a fan of this new man-trend).

And I loved that video!
    It will be very short lived like the Jane Fonda ankle warmers,members only jackets,acid washed jeans and remember every chick in the early eighties rocked the Pat Benetar cut before going all valley girl(as if)lol
    My daughters boyfriend who is staying at the house this weekend(I am missing Incubus and Deftones concert tonight because of their visit,ehhhhh) has the hipster thing going and we bust his balls about it a lot.
    But he claims he is not ,even though he has the longish beard,close cut sides and the beckham comb over with his hair.Wears flower printed muscle shirts without muscles and short shorts with colorful glasses.(no he's not gay, at least we think).I guess this just is the fashion now.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Because it's a Talking Heads sort of night for me, here's some of the incredibly talented and incomparably goofy David Byrne doing Slippery People from the 1984 Stop Making Sense tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9biPKTozTg
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    And again.....Burning Down the House. Too good to miss this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42Xg-mAkGg
    Talking Heads, yes! I was just talking to this guy in our food co-op this afternoon who lived in NYC in the later phase of the CBGB era. I didn't prod too much but he spoke in familiar terms using first names like David, Patti, and Debbie. Oh to have been there in the day!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Talking Heads, yes! I was just talking to this guy in our food co-op this afternoon who lived in NYC in the later phase of the CBGB era. I didn't prod too much but he spoke in familiar terms using first names like David, Patti, and Debbie. Oh to have been there in the day!

"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
    this ain't no fooling around
    This ain't no mudd club, or C. B. G. B.,
    I ain't got time for that now"
    Such a part of my teen years.

Oh nostalgia, how I love ye :)
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    2:30 am and I'm just back home from a really cool Paradise Lost gig at a very small location with maybe 400 fans!

I assume there are no PL friends here but hey - what an absolutely great evening !
    Ah, those times of yore when my body could handle returning home in the middle of the night. Glad you enjoyed, kce!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    kce8 said:

2:30 am and I'm just back home from a really cool Paradise Lost gig at a very small location with maybe 400 fans!

I assume there are no PL friends here but hey - what an absolutely great evening !

Huge fan of Milton, never heard of the band lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rr165892 said:

g under p said:

Peace

G,How and where does someone come across show fine film work?lol
    Believe it or not on Facebook I'm just understanding how it works and people send me this stuff. This one made me laugh cause I do see girls wear these super tight skinny jeans some look like stockings.

Peace

hedonist said:

At lunch today, I saw some dude wearing TIGHT skinny jeans but the crotchal area was a good six inches below the actual crotch. The fuck? He walked weirdly.

Trust I was safe with the hanger - too much at stake ;)

Sidenote, I hope you're healing well lately. I believe you and chadwick (where've you been, man? Already in love?) were going through some tough physical rehab.

That description you gave above is just too complicated to figure that out I can sort of picture it though. Only because I saw this dude at work a cashier, he's like 6-5, tight jeans.....what did you say "crotchal area" showing well. I'm surprised one of the other managers didn't say SOMETHING to him. I would've if it was my shift but thank goodness he's not wearing those things anymore. He appears to have some lady like tendencies.

I'm getting better and better...still riding to work unless thunderstorms come through. My legs are in the best shape since college, my surgical foot will forever need stretching since it gets stiff if it's not being exercised. I'm just about ready to ride around our big lake down here
    Lake Okeechobee it's about 116 miles.

Peace

Most impressive, g! It humbles me to what others like you have overcome/are overcoming.

Rock on, and ride on ;)
    edited August 2015
    G ,I saw this and thought of you my 561 Rush loving Brother.
    This is what happens when my favorite band,The Foo Fighters. has some fun covering Tom Sawyer by your favorite band.Cool stuff.Check out this fans rock fantasy come true.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aDWfMv3BloE
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rgambs said:

kce8 said:

Huge fan of Milton, never heard of the band lol
    Yes, they are named after Miltons Paradise Lost and they call their music style Dark Metal (Rock Metal) (developed from Death-Doom-Gothic Metal). I just now realize that they never were big in USA. They were part of my Metal time (haha) in the early 90's and big in Europe. They grew, cut their hair... and lost lot of fans for that lol. There might be some Tool or Opeth fans who know them?!
    The opening metal band yesterday was great too but I cannot stand the singing and anger anymore...Pearl Jam made me soft...lol ;) I like to even nearly understand what they want to say...or maybe I'm just getting old lol.
    But Paradise Lost changed their style over the years and made a great new record.
    Really happy that I made it to the gig with some old friends yesterday and let the old times come back for a few hours!

Nice to come to the train and share it with you...I really like the wide field of different music styles here. Always appreciate the good taste here and sometimes wondering about myself...I know and like most of the stuff you show. I especially love to get reminded of great old songs/bands from time to time!

rr, this is just a fantastic video! lol Brian's doing a great job.
    edited August 2015
    rr165892 said:

G ,I saw this and thought of you my 561 Rush loving Brother.
    This is what happens when my favorite band,The Foo Fighters. has some fun covering Tom Sawyer by your favorite band.Cool stuff.Check out this fans rock fantasy come true.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aDWfMv3BloE

Yes, thank you rr I've seen that video from other angles.......I believe that one was up in Edmonton, Canada. Hard to see a possible Canadian not knowing the words to Tom Sawyer but Brian did a hell of job. Great summer fun. :smiley:

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

Man, oh man. What a day. First, I find out my local thrift shop put out a couple tables full of great records over the weekend- all in good to great shape including a bunch of Led Zeppelin originals for, get this, 50 cents. By today of course, all gone. Then I waste and hour waiting in a doctor's office, finally just walk out and don't get a thing done. Then the propane delivery guy shows up (forgot it was today) and I'm out in the garbage working in my underwear because it hot as hell here (am I having a bad dream?) and then he can't get his truck in and I have to go out and whack back bushes in 100 plus degrees (ah, no, I got dressed, :lol: ).

Is it too early too hit the bar here?

brianlux said:

Man, oh man. What a day. First, I find out my local thrift shop put out a couple tables full of great records over the weekend- all in good to great shape including a bunch of Led Zeppelin originals for, get this, 50 cents. By today of course, all gone. Then I waste and hour waiting in a doctor's office, finally just walk out and don't get a thing done. Then the propane delivery guy shows up (forgot it was today) and I'm out in the garbage working in my underwear because it hot as hell here (am I having a bad dream?) and then he can't get his truck in and I have to go out and whack back bushes in 100 plus degrees (ah, no, I got dressed, :lol: ).

Those cooky Californians.Sounds like you got the makings of a network sitcom.
    btw,feeling your pain on the Zeppelin records.that sucks
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

Those cooky Californians.Sounds like you got the makings of a network sitcom.
    btw,feeling your pain on the Zeppelin records.that sucks
    Life just got WAY better! My Dinosaur Jr 7's showed up this afternoon and include these two nifty number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLOr8S2d2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxLpEX2bt8w

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Hey Lounger's…I just had to share this. I got the chance to hit Batting practice at Wrigley today getting a invite from my big shot buddy with Budweiser….So I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and jacked one 3 rows up in the left field bleachers. I ran the bases and everything. This happy Cubs fan is getting drunk….I hope I can make it to first pitch. Party on!!!!!!
    muskydan said:

Hey Lounger's…I just had to share this. I got the chance to hit Batting practice at Wrigley today getting a invite from my big shot buddy with Budweiser….So I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams and jacked one 3 rows up in the left field bleachers. I ran the bases and everything. This happy Cubs fan is getting drunk….I hope I can make it to first pitch. Party on!!!!!!

Nicely done Dan-O. What's that 380'-390 or so not to shabby for an old donut eater.Did you get to keep the ball?That would be a cool souvenir for sure.