The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    This can't be real? Who the hell plays like that while sitting?

Sure is good music though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGmQXuySF28
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Wasn't he on Carson a lot when we were kids? I feel like I remember him doing the Tonight Show often
    I think so...I remember my parents dancing to his music on TV and the stereo.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

I think so...I remember my parents dancing to his music on TV and the stereo.

Herb was big in my early teens. For me and my buddies it was all about what was under the whipped cream. :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Do you guys know what this is about? I happened upon it - happily so. But it's so bizarre!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im3AUiCGqnk
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited July 2015
    ^ Hey that´s Tony Levin on bass!
    edited July 2015
    Thank you so much, kce! Gave me a huge smile.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    edited July 2015
    From 2112 a song by RUSH on the world travels by train for the best weed one can find......

A Passage To Bangkok

Our first stop is in Bogotá
    To check Columbian fields
    The natives smile and pass along
    A sample of their yield
    Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
    Golden Acapulco nights
    Then Morocco, and the East,
    Fly by morning light

We're on the train to Bangkok
    Aboard the Thailand Express
    We'll hit the stops along the way
    We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
    We burn the midnight oil
    The fragrance of Afghanistan
    Rewards a long day's toil
    Pulling into Kathmandu
    Smoke rings fill the air
    Perfumed by a Nepal night
    The Express gets you there

http://youtu.be/Hk8FcTSL-mE

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Hey all.
    Just thought I'd share.Not sure if you caught the now national story about the 2 boys that are missing at sea after the boat they were in capsized? Huge search from The Carolinas to South Florida is underway.Day 4 now.it happened Friday.
    These kids are local boys from my area of Jupiter/Tequesta FL and one of them is from a family that are my good clients I know very well.
    Good folks who are just torn up right now.Our whole community is on eggshells right now. These boys ,like most who grow up here are fully experienced on the water and it's been a part of their life since they were very young.Jupiter Inlet can be a blender in a storm and that's what happened as they were leaving the inlet,they got caught in a violent storm.But if any salty little grommets can handle this its these tough little dudes.

The Gulf Stream dips in to the coast at its closet point here in Jupiter and that current really sent everything northeast out to sea and up the coast.As we approach day five of the search I feel pretty helpless and want to do something so I thought I Would start by asking my friends here to keep these 14 year old boys who possibly are struggling to stay alive after almost a week in your thoughts and wishing these families a happy outcome.Thanks guys.It can't hurt right?
    rr165892 said:

Hey all.
    Just thought I'd share.Not sure if you caught the now national story about the 2 boys that are missing at sea after the boat they were in capsized? Huge search from The Carolinas to South Florida is underway.Day 4 now.it happened Friday.
    These kids are local boys from my area of Jupiter/Tequesta FL and one of them is from a family that are my good clients I know very well.
    Good folks who are just torn up right now.Our whole community is on eggshells right now. These boys ,like most who grow up here are fully experienced on the water and it's been a part of their life since they were very young.Jupiter Inlet can be a blender in a storm and that's what happened as they were leaving the inlet,they got caught in a violent storm.But if any salty little grommets can handle this its these tough little dudes.

The Gulf Stream dips in to the coast at its closet point here in Jupiter and that current really sent everything northeast out to sea and up the coast.As we approach day five of the search I feel pretty helpless and want to do something so I thought I Would start by asking my friends here to keep these 14 year old boys who possibly are struggling to stay alive after almost a week in your thoughts and wishing these families a happy outcome.Thanks guys.It can't hurt right?

You got it, rr.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    ^^^ Same here, rr. Good thoughts and wishes going out for these folks and you too. We had a similar experience here last years. It's tough times and important to stay close and reach out. Best wishes to all involved.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Hey all.

You got it, rr.

G

We've been doing the same at work trying in any way to help the family. I think there's a fund set up to help the family in the very costly search for these 14 year old boys. I wish the family and their friends well in the successful return of the boys to their families.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Hey all.

I sure hope they find their way buddy. Been lost on a Canadian massive lake it was the most loneliest feelings in the world
    Thanks All.
    If something dosent happen today.........???
    I just saw something on f-book that said 2 boys from NC found at sea. I hope they are who you were talking about rr...
    edited July 2015
    muskydan said:

I just saw something on f-book that said 2 boys from NC found at sea. I hope they are who you were talking about rr...

I'm here in S FL and I haven't heard anything as yet. I certainly hope those are the boys are found though, what a miracle and relief that would be for their families.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

I tried 2 post the link but I am a tech idiot
    Disregard, the story is from 2005 it looks like. Sorry
    damn,would be a miracle.
    This isn´t a sad story... it´s pure horror... a nightmare!
    I know shit's always going on, going down (and those missing boys - among so many others - are in my mind).

Still, need the release in order to take all that in, hopefully process it, and let it go from its mental compartment to make room for the next one(s).

And...to just be happy in these precious moments.

So my release - by which I was blown away and elevated to a new level of smiling:

(plus Flea is in fucking tighty-whiteys...WHILE PLAYING THE TRUMPET. I love him.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfavP7djg8
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,239
    rr165892 said:

Hey all.

Let me guess, they're white?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

rr165892 said:

Hey all.

The Gulf Stream dips in to the coast at its closet point here in Jupiter and that current really sent everything northeast out to sea and up the coast.As we approach day five of the sewed arch I feel pretty helpless and want to do something so I thought I Would start by asking my friends here to keep these 14 year old boys who possibly are struggling to stay alive after almost a week in your thoughts and wishing these families a happy outcome.Thanks guys.It can't hurt right?

WTF is that Halifax? Don't bring that shit into this santuary.Go check yourself dude.
    hedonist said:

I know shit's always going on, going down (and those missing boys - among so many others - are in my mind).

Still, need the release in order to take all that in, hopefully process it, and let it go from its mental compartment to make room for the next one(s).

And...to just be happy in these precious moments.

So my release - by which I was blown away and elevated to a new level of smiling:

(plus Flea is in fucking tighty-whiteys...WHILE PLAYING THE TRUMPET. I love him.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfavP7djg8

Hedo ,keeping the vibe.You Rock !
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Hey all.

The Gulf Stream dips in to the coast at its closet point here in Jupiter and that current really sent everything northeast out to sea and up the coast.As we approach day five of the sewed arch I feel pretty helpless and want to do something so I thought I Would start by asking my friends here to keep these 14 year old boys who possibly are struggling to stay alive after almost a week in your thoughts and wishing these families a happy outcome.Thanks guys.It can't hurt right?

WTF is that Halifax? Don't bring that shit into this santuary.Go check yourself dude.
    What did Jim Carrey say in Pet Detective? Was it LOOOOSE-ERRRR?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Hey all.

What did Jim Carrey say in Pet Detective? Was it LOOOOSE-ERRRR?
    Even in jest, I would say this is outside of our self-imposed groovyrules here in this, our sanctuary.
    A round of top-shelf for everyone, it's on Halifax and Muskydan lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Sounds like a party my bearded friend.
    I'm up in ATL seeing the Shinedown concert tonight at the historic Tabernacle.Ive already scoped out some after establishments for adult beverages.Im in luck all within walking distance.Have a great Friday night all.