The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    Great photo, Gambs! :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    rgambs said:

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-0/11701191_1875263392699420_8526799896312561601_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=df9d38712392a6343837c03c1dc01886&oe=56133906&__gda__=1444799520_5011c3c21a7b221a40ccb07176358571

Simon Gumby is kickin' ass and takin' names! Cute as a button, healthier than a horse, hair like Clark Kent. 3 months old and he is rolling over every chance he gets, little psycho is obsessed with it lol

Good to see he's getting started on reading at an early age.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Gambsy please tell me you have one of these for SG?

I love this.

gambo, this is a must!

rr, so happy you dug the show. And you had a Camaro in HS? My husband has a 2010 SS; he'd love you.
    Hedo,I wish I had a picture.It was a beefed up 79 Camaro.We called her Christine,because she somehow got us home after some serious party nights back in day.
    Very similar in looks to the old yellow Camaro in the movie transformers.Not as beat up,but big 50s Krager rims and air shocks in the back.
    Kicking Alpine system with power booster and graphic equalizer ,big obnoxious speakers from my living room which had enough wire to drag onto the roof to crank out the Van Halen when we party parked at "Double Roads" up at the beach.It looked like American Grafitti up there.Hundreds of cars parked and everyone would cruise,get high and try to get laid.Tourist girls were always a target for our teenage smoothness. of course car was equipped with 2 full 48 capacity cassette holders and I had no headliner and everyone would scratch shit into the roof.it was cool.
    Man thanks for the trip back.im smiling.
    HA memories.

Very similar first ride. 76 442 hurricane rims 60's with air shocks. Put in a 455 from old olds. Cut door panels to fit 6x9's with another set in back deck. Couple more surface mount pioneers. Required equalizer and good old pioneer super tuner cassette. Cranking animal Magnatism and of course ACDC dirty deeds. Good times. Like you feel very fortunate to have survived. Course by time got rid of the car it was all used up.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-0/11701191_1875263392699420_8526799896312561601_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=df9d38712392a6343837c03c1dc01886&oe=56133906&__gda__=1444799520_5011c3c21a7b221a40ccb07176358571

Simon Gumby is kickin' ass and takin' names! Cute as a button, healthier than a horse, hair like Clark Kent. 3 months old and he is rolling over every chance he gets, little psycho is obsessed with it lol

Good to see he's getting started on reading at an early age.
    My wife had to laugh because she came home and I was reading Burns out loud to him. She said it sounded like Dr Suess for adults and I thought that was just about right lol
    I hope he turns out to love literature, that would be nice.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    rr165892 said:

good stuff Gambsy.SG looking happy and well nourished.

Hows the Mrs? Getting back to fully active?

Yeah! Great brows, too.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

I love this.

gambo, this is a must!

rr, so happy you dug the show. And you had a Camaro in HS? My husband has a 2010 SS; he'd love you.
    Hedo,I wish I had a picture.It was a beefed up 79 Camaro.We called her Christine,because she somehow got us home after some serious party nights back in day.
    Very similar in looks to the old yellow Camaro in the movie transformers.Not as beat up,but big 50s Krager rims and air shocks in the back.
    Kicking Alpine system with power booster and graphic equalizer ,big obnoxious speakers from my living room which had enough wire to drag onto the roof to crank out the Van Halen when we party parked at "Double Roads" up at the beach.It looked like American Grafitti up there.Hundreds of cars parked and everyone would cruise,get high and try to get laid.Tourist girls were always a target for our teenage smoothness. of course car was equipped with 2 full 48 capacity cassette holders and I had no headliner and everyone would scratch shit into the roof.it was cool.
    HA memories.

Very similar first ride. 76 442 hurricane rims 60's with air shocks. Put in a 455 from old olds. Cut door panels to fit 6x9's with another set in back deck. Couple more surface mount pioneers. Required equalizer and good old pioneer super tuner cassette. Cranking animal Magnatism and of course ACDC dirty deeds. Good times. Like you feel very fortunate to have survived. Course by time got rid of the car it was all used up.
    Cal,making it out alive was all part of it.Sounds like an awesome ride.Were you a early/mid HS grad also?
    We also did some retro with new wiper fluid basins filled with Vodka ,ice and Lemonade with a re routed fluid line drilled thru the dash.One hit of the wiper pump and boom we are On board bar tending out of sight of prying eyes.lol.
    I won't mention the name of the world famous golf course designer who I grew up with who taught me this little trick.But It gets a good laugh when I run into him.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2015
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

I love this.

gambo, this is a must!

HA memories.

Cal,making it out alive was all part of it.Sounds like an awesome ride.Were you a early/mid HS grad also?
    We also did some retro with new wiper fluid basins filled with Vodka ,ice and Lemonade with a re routed fluid line drilled thru the dash.One hit of the wiper pump and boom we are On board bar tending out of sight of prying eyes.lol.
    I won't mention the name of the world famous golf course designer who I grew up with who taught me this little trick.But It gets a good laugh when I run into him.
    Oh that's great, why didn't we think of that. As to grades never considered myself an over achiever. Ha. Still love Cragers. Polished up. Have priced them recently.

Have one buddy from those times and we talk regularly just to relive our adventures. Course he points out some of our mess ups.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Been reading some other threads here and have reached it up to *here* with some of it.

It's on me, I know!

Still, once again digging this refuge and gotta post this for rr and callen (among my other fellow car-lovers) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    So today I decided to stock up on some groceries since my daughter is coming to visit me for a part of the summer. The young lady being a competitive swimmer can put away some food. I went to work, BJs to get what I needed. While there an old lady stopped me to reach in and look for some size 6 shoes. I dug into the shelf and found her the shoes, I told her I worked here she then asked me to look for another pair in black, I reached in and bam found her some black ones. I told I brought you some luck, she then told I should buy a lottery ticket. I said yeah maybe I should, she put her hand on my shoulder and said thank you young man. Feeling my grey hairs on my chin I said you are welcome madame. I preceded to buy what I needed. Then bought a couple of those scratch thingys and left feeling very good I helped an old get what she needed.

The moral of the story when there's an opportunity to help those in need help them in any way you can. I feel better for doing so so.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    g under p said:

So today I decided to stock up on some groceries since my daughter is coming to visit me for a part of the summer. The young lady being a competitive swimmer can put away some food. I went to work, BJs to get what I needed. While there an old lady stopped me to reach in and look for some size 6 shoes. I dug into the shelf and found her the shoes, I told her I worked here she then asked me to look for another pair in black, I reached in and bam found her some black ones. I told I brought you some luck, she then told I should buy a lottery ticket. I said yeah maybe I should, she put her hand on my shoulder and said thank you young man. Feeling my grey hairs on my chin I said you are welcome madame. I preceded to buy what I needed. Then bought a couple of those scratch thingys and left feeling very good I helped an old get what she needed.

The moral of the story when there's an opportunity to help those in need help them in any way you can. I feel better for doing so so.

Peace

:hug: If just everybody would feel or think like you that way, we wouldn't live in such a difficult world... it's the small things that count...!
    Nice post to start the day! Thank you!
    hedonist said:

Been reading some other threads here and have reached it up to *here* with some of it.

It's on me, I know!

Still, once again digging this refuge and gotta post this for rr and callen (among my other fellow car-lovers) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

big smile for this - and always have to grin about the green Beetle... lol
    Cars had some low hangin balls back in the day,and Damn if some of today's tough guy actors couldn't learn a thing about coolness from McQueen.

You know your getting older and look at things differently .I started thinking about how much money could have been made if the real estate and Buildings in San Fran were invested in back when Bullit was made.Oh man you could have made a killing with as much increase that cities properties have seen since the early 70s.
    All the serious talk in the other threads,I needed to duck in here for a breather.Whos thirsty?Weekend is just about here.Hope everyone has some cool stuff planned?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=hVLkX1TdCrU
    2 of my favorite Current rockers Corey Taylor and Halestorm doing this little classic gem.
    Fuck yes, rr - just poured one and am a bowl-hitting machine right now.

Whatta day!

Nice cover up there, by the way.
    So,weekends here,I have two stone fired pizzas and copious amounts of beer in possession for a little pregame.Heading to Slipknot /Bullet for my Valentine/Lamb of God concert tonight.A bit of a heavy one.Should be a glorious freak show.Hope all have a great start to the weekend.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Off to see Van Halen as we speak ....
    "Glorious freak show" sounds like a Manson gig.

Both of you enjoy your shows!
    Though only one of us (I believe) has seen this dude live, what a treat to be able to see/feel/hear this.

What a kickass evening of kickass music here in our little home! (please don't question why Blackbird kicks in at the end. I've no idea either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VChqDZ49k4
    hedonist said:

Though only one of us (I believe) has seen this dude live, what a treat to be able to see/feel/hear this.

What a kickass evening of kickass music here in our little home! (please don't question why Blackbird kicks in at the end. I've no idea either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VChqDZ49k4

Ahhhhhh Jimi!

I don't ever mean to brag about seeing Jimi. That's more just luck or what Ian Anderson once described as an "accident of birth". I wish I could take everybody here with me in a time machine back to Winterland or Santa Clara. We would all party so good! But the best I can do is tell the stories which I've done. They'll be in my memoir (hopefully late this year).

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Brian,that's a biggie.Man o man you lucky dog.

Dan-O ,need a full report.VH is one of my favorites and I'm catching them in sept down here in SoFl.

Hedo,thanks for the Jiminess on this sat morning.

Well last night was interesting fo sho.Very heavy,lots of syncopated drumming,Mrs RR let her inner metal head come free(Who knew since she really didn't want to go and was dressed more like we were going to a wine bar the a metal concert,hehe) Maybe the many drinks played a hand.haha.
    As always Corey Taylor was the man fronting Slipknot and We saw some amazing shred guitar work from some very talented players.It reminded me of some of those Eighties guitarists.Bullet For My Valentine Espescially.I got hit in the face with a pick,that's always cool.Got 2 last night.

Crowd was big and loud and from a far very interesting looking,but I got to say Metal fans are some of the nicest folks to be around.just really polite and respectful,that made the evening that much better.I love that they can let there inner freak flag fly and just be part of the moment.

May go see a local band Stone Mojo tonight at Copper Blues.They cover a lot of STP,Weezer,PJ so that should be cool.
    Nothin like seeing your Youth Rock n Roll guitar hero from 30 feet away
    The sound from his guitar is so different than anyone..
    muskydan said:

That's your fucking review????? You better bring your A game here.Its Van Halen for Christ sake!!!
    I want to know what gems were played,what they closed with.Dan,your better then this give me some Intel.
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

That's your fucking review????? You better bring your A game here.Its Van Halen for Christ sake!!!
    I want to know what gems were played,what they closed with.Dan,your better then this give me some Intel.
    I read somewhere Eddie Van Halen had some hand surgery done and fixed him up good as new. That guy's amazing- cool that you got to see him, Dan. Tell us more about it!

After watching the horrifying scenes from Yesterday at the Faroe Islands again today at Brians thread... I just needed to come here to find a peaceful place... and fun...

So I think of some happy, funny stuff... and this is the place where I will be next weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGAdV3w-w4&feature=youtu.be

New Model Army will be my band at Saturday night! Can´t wait to see all this hardcore hippies, wanna be hippies like me ;) and all these complete weirdos / wackos haha
    Peace & love
    ^^^ Fun KCE! Good reminder to enjoy life!

brianlux said:

^^^ Fun KCE! Good reminder to enjoy life!

Thanx Brian, I wasn't there last year but Patti Smith was. lol
    You may would have a lot of fun there too, it's the biggest Hippie Festival here. I love the atmosphere and peace there so much.
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

You are rr...that was lame. So Diamond Dave is a total dweeb now, but hey...I think he is atleast 60 and can't do what My 16 year old mind wants him 2 do. His vocals suck and missed his mark countless of times. His stories were all stupid and scripted...I will say this, he did a acoustic version of ice cream man w/ a harmonica that was fabulous. He looked like uncle Niel up there...lol. Wolfgang is a fat slop and for being maybe 25 gave zero energy to the show. He totally phoned it in and looked uninterested...fucking fat ass spoiled brat is what I thought of him. Now to Eddie... He was absolutely perfect. I pimped my way to in front of the rail for the first 8 songs 10 feet in front of him. I really can't put into words how out of this world this man is w/ his guitar while smiling the whole time. I lost my shit w/ his guitar solo during Drop Dead legs. I wish I knew how to link the footage I got from my phone. Panama, running w/ the devil, unchained, and mean streets were my faves. So very very fun show for negstalia sake. my next shows will be Mcartney and Metallica at Lolla...working it, but just landed sweet as seats for AC/Dc at Wrigley in Sept that I am way stoked for. Saw acdc a few years back for the first time and truely had the funnest time at a concert ever . Simple in your face ROCK N ROLL...the Foo show is really starting to buzz around here and I am sure Dave G will luv playing the friendly confines. Hopefully he is moving around by then cause there is something about playing Wrigley for these rock stars that brings out their A-game.
    Much better Dan.I also will be right up close for the VH show,Eddies side.now I'm pumped.Any picks??
    Last tour was about the same from Wolfy and Dave is Dave.But your right it's weird thinking about it like a 16 year old watching them back in HS in the early Eighties.Just saw Mike Anthony with Hagars band the Circle a few months ago.He is on top of his game,Sammy also.

We are getting stoked for the Wrigley show,I'll pump ya for Chicago info prior.

We are missing AC/DC unless they add a southern show.I can't make a Cali trip work in Sept.