The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    brianlux said:

We're turning the place over to the step daughter and the cat for a few weeks of visiting relatives and going camping. Might get a chance to check in somewhere along the way. Meanwhile, hope you all have a good ride here!

Have a great time Brian, let my good thoughts be with you!
    Wishing you a relaxing time full of happyness and smiles - enjoy !
    Gute Reise !
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Sounds much-needed after the ride your family has been on lately.

Safe travels!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Brian enjoy the break and adventure.

G,I loved Rik Emmet as a guitarist.Was a big Triumph fan in HS."Lay it on the Line "still receives weekly play on my IPod.

I liked on thru the night but High and Dry is still my fav.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Just for fun, because who doesn't want to watch an octopus walking along carrying coconut shells?

https://www.thedodo.com/octopus-carries-coconut-1178413280.html
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianlux said:

We're turning the place over to the step daughter and the cat for a few weeks of visiting relatives and going camping. Might get a chance to check in somewhere along the way. Meanwhile, hope you all have a good ride here!

Have a safe trip, Brian. Hope you both have a relaxing vacation.

Enjoy!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    brianlux said:

Have a safe trip! Have fun, and return to us with great adventure stories!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,172
    My touching story of the day so far.....this is from Italy of a rescue of a wolf from a icy death from being stuck in a river.....

http://boredomtherapy.com/wolf-rescue/

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

My touching story of the day so far.....this is from Italy of a rescue of a wolf from a icy death from being stuck in a river.....

http://boredomtherapy.com/wolf-rescue/

Peace

That poor wolf!! So glad he got out!! I bet he was grateful for humans THAT day!!
    Road Trip To DC today to see The FOOS.!!!!!!!!!woohoooooo Drinking starts in 3....2....1 engaged.
    Have a great weekend and holiday Ya'll.
    rr165892 said:

Road Trip To DC today to see The FOOS.!!!!!!!!!woohoooooo Drinking starts in 3....2....1 engaged.

Have fun and be safe!
    rr165892 said:

Gotta say with your recent Styx-ishness, I thought of you when seeing this.

It's pretty lovely.

(I want to feed this man, and well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCguq3hTC2M
    hedonist said:

rr165892 said:

Gotta say with your recent Styx-ishness, I thought of you when seeing this.

It's pretty lovely.

(I want to feed this man, and well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCguq3hTC2M
    A good reminder that everyone comes from somewhere, everyone has an interesting history, and everyone has hopes and dreams.
    Happy 4th for all the Americans.! And have a great 'normal' day to everyone else!! Hope everyone's day is spent with loved ones over great good and even greater company!
    Hedo,that was great.Thank you.Thats about 20 min north of where my youngest lives on Fl west coast.
    A great reminder of the talents and good within all,and I found myself wanting to know what this mans story is.At what point in a life with Classical piano training did he choose (?) The path his journey has takin him on.
    Oh and "Styx-ishness" is classic.Well done.

I'm on way to the big 20th anniversary b-day bash for the Foos now.A little Joan Jett,Heart,Buddy Guy,Gary Clark Jr,LL Cool J and more.Should be a special day with this eclectic mix.
    Hope all have a safe and healthy 4th.
    Back to ya, buddy!

Just came upon this, and Jack's happy-beyond-fuck face reminds me of Danny Carey's when playing with Peart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2hjOfU6Pg
    Great Foo concert last night in D-Sleaze.A lot good energy and smiles.Great Rock and Roll and Blues all day.
    OMFG Buddy Guy brought out a 16 year old Guitar prodigy.Kid is a SRV style clone.I will find out his name and post it.You have to hear this kid shred the blues.

I met a fellow 10clubber his name is Brett.He had some sweet PJ ink.He was sitting in our section.
    I told him to come visit the fine folks in the lounge,we always have room for new friends.So shout out to Brett.
    edited July 2015

Check this throne Dave played from out.Cool stuff.Tough Dude.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=XTIRoYzwJZ0
    Damn, and he's still healing from his injury?! Grohl's the man.
    hedonist said:

He's old school rocker! Love ghe Foos.. I'm gonna miss some really great shows his year. :-(
    rr165892 said:

Great Foo concert last night in D-Sleaze.A lot good energy and smiles.Great Rock and Roll and Blues all day.
    OMFG Buddy Guy brought out a 16 year old Guitar prodigy.Kid is a SRV style clone.I will find out his name and post it.You have to hear this kid shred the blues.

I met a fellow 10clubber his name is Brett.He had some sweet PJ ink.He was sitting in our section.
    I told him to come visit the fine folks in the lounge,we always have room for new friends.So shout out to Brett.

I'm seeing Buddy Guy next weekend at the Vancouver Island Music Festival in Courtenay so really hope he brings along the guy you mentioned. And welcome Brett, if you check out the lounge.
    hedonist said:

Growl IS THE MAN! Yet on Other Music board somebody has a thread saying DG Sucks. I beg to differ.....that 360 shot of that stadium looks familiar almost like RFK IN DC. I've probably seen 50 or more concerts there....a very nice old school stadium to see shows, if you sit in the stands you can jump up and down and they move with you. I should post that video over there.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

hedonist said:

Growl IS THE MAN! Yet on Other Music board somebody has a thread saying DG Sucks. I beg to differ.....that 360 shot of that stadium looks familiar almost like RFK IN DC. I've probably seen 50 or more concerts there....a very nice old school stadium to see shows, if you sit in the stands you can jump up and down and they move with you. I should post that video over there.

Peace
    G,it is RFK and the stands are a trip.Yes they bounce like a Motherfucker.We were 3 rows up,prime viewing area and people were taking pics of the moving stands.
    Now the Metro after the show.........that's a whole different cluster fuck.

Just got back from the Holocust museum.Very sobering.I thought I knew a lot about it.There was so much more to feel and see.Very well done.

rr165892 said:

I'm seeing Buddy Guy next weekend at the Vancouver Island Music Festival in Courtenay so really hope he brings along the guy you mentioned. And welcome Brett, if you check out the lounge.
    Kids name Is Quinn Sullivan.He will be at your show.He tours w Guy.Put on your seatbelt and listen to this ridiculousness.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gA49nt780Ps
    Very talented, rr! I love how some just...have it. Oh how I wish I did.

And g, as to Grohl, I read through that thread. The hell?

Have read many nice things about him (including from Cosmo, who I consider a trustworthy source) - seems like a decent, stand-up guy.
    rr165892 said:

g under p said:

hedonist said:

Peace
    G,it is RFK and the stands are a trip.Yes they bounce like a Motherfucker.We were 3 rows up,prime viewing area and people were taking pics of the moving stands.
    Now the Metro after the show.........that's a whole different cluster fuck.

Just got back from the Holocust museum.Very sobering.I thought I knew a lot about it.There was so much more to feel and see.Very well done.
    Awesome rr, so I was right. Yes the Metro is a nightmare after big shows at RFK. Once after a Monsters of Rock show with Metallica opening for a horrible GnR we didn't get back to MD till 4:30 in the morning that was 1991 I think. So it's still chaos to leave there wow.

So you really made a trip of it all from down here to my former home. Nice. Yes the Holocaust Museum is something else. A former client of mine was one of the original six to invest in getting that building built, his name along with the other five are all over that building. I took my daughter when she was much younger there several times and even at her age she was moved that people could be treated that way by another group of people just because of their history and ethnicity. I hope you were able to see all the other monuments around DC. I believe they're building a monument for MLK just across from The Monument on the Mall. So you must have seen the fireworks too, awesome.

Hey get back down here safe.

Peace

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Kids name Is Quinn Sullivan.He will be at your show.He tours w Guy.Put on your seatbelt and listen to this ridiculousness.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gA49nt780Ps
    So I check the schedule of the festival I'm at (MusicFest) and yes, Quinn Sulllivan is playing tonight - the set just before Buddy Guy. Based on what you've said, I'm really stoked to see this.

The highlight last night was David Gogo, a local blues guitarist who blew the roof off the venue he played in (The Barn, which is indeed an old barn). It was worth coming up here just for that, so the fact that we'll get more great music today is icing on the cake.

Here's a link to David Gogo doing BB King's The Thrill is Gone; same line up as he had last night. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2r8IOVQ_Cs

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    Hey friends, back from the Road Trip To Hell. Made it as far as southern Oregon and then car trouble. We had a few good days on the coast but that's about it. The best memory for this trip will be having a smoke and listening to Dinosaur Jr's "Ocean in the Way" through portable CD player headphones while watching waves crash on the rocks at Salt Point. One other good thing- Annie The Cat sure is glad to see us home.

Hope you have had a good almost two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssno9DLqb8I
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Welcome back, B! Sorry for the car issues but that memory sounds lovely and, well...memorable :)

Also nice to know that Annie isn't doing the "cat-punishing" thing upon your return. God knows our felines can turn surly!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    hedonist said:

Welcome back, B! Sorry for the car issues but that memory sounds lovely and, well...memorable :)

Also nice to know that Annie isn't doing the "cat-punishing" thing upon your return. God knows our felines can turn surly!

Thanks Hedo!

Yeah, at first Annie was like, "Fuck off, I don't know you anymore," haha, but after a few minutes it was all purring and weaving in and out of legs. :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.