Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    norm wrote:
    So you like not knowing what the hell is going on? Ever?

i am a fan of a rock band...i care about the music...i care about seeing the band live...everything else is meaningless...i don't need tim to come on here every 5 minutes telling where the latest piece of crap they've sold is...you are putting blame on tim bierman but what i'm trying to get across to you is he is not the final word...he may want to say things but the band won't allow him

i joined 10c to get an opportunity to get tickets which they do provide albeit poorly...but each time they try to improve but, as i said, their hands are tied because the band doesn't not want to use ticketmaster or any large ticketing system

Alrighty then.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    So you like not knowing what the hell is going on? Ever?

i am a fan of a rock band...i care about the music...i care about seeing the band live...everything else is meaningless...i don't need tim to come on here every 5 minutes telling where the latest piece of crap they've sold is...you are putting blame on tim bierman but what i'm trying to get across to you is he is not the final word...he may want to say things but the band won't allow him

i joined 10c to get an opportunity to get tickets which they do provide albeit poorly...but each time they try to improve but, as i said, their hands are tied because the band doesn't not want to use ticketmaster or any large ticketing system

Alrighty then.

:lol:

sorry i'm not really coming down on you personally, just i keep reading people blaming tim for everything when it isn't all his fault
  • Options
    norm wrote:

sorry i'm not really coming down on you personally, just i keep reading people blaming tim for everything when it isn't all his fault

Understandable man. I fully understand your point. 8-)

Take Care!
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Kat wrote:
    The Q&A session is now ended. Thank you for participating. If there will be another opportunity, we will post about it. Have a great weekend everyone.

================================================================
    EUROPEAN TICKET PRE-SALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MANAGER KELLY CURTIS

We know that many of you have questions relating to the Ten Club European ticket pre-sale. We want you to know everything that we know at this point.

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis will be online in the forum starting at 1:30PM PST today to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Post your questions in this thread and Kelly will do his best to get through as many of them as possible in the order received.

(NOTE: Please review what has already been asked/answered before posting so that Kelly can get to as many of your unique questions/issues as possible.)

How bout mail order fan club tickets for only 1 show

additional shows via internet a week or 2 after

then public sale.

3 strikes your out. Timing might be tough but the mail order was the best back in the day.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    PJPAT wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    The Q&A session is now ended. Thank you for participating. If there will be another opportunity, we will post about it. Have a great weekend everyone.

================================================================
    EUROPEAN TICKET PRE-SALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MANAGER KELLY CURTIS

We know that many of you have questions relating to the Ten Club European ticket pre-sale. We want you to know everything that we know at this point.

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis will be online in the forum starting at 1:30PM PST today to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Post your questions in this thread and Kelly will do his best to get through as many of them as possible in the order received.

(NOTE: Please review what has already been asked/answered before posting so that Kelly can get to as many of your unique questions/issues as possible.)

How bout mail order fan club tickets for only 1 show

additional shows via internet a week or 2 after

then public sale.

3 strikes your out. Timing might be tough but the mail order was the best back in the day.

I also like the mail order system, but we can implement the same type of system by doing things online. All that needs to be done is develop a list of rules or parameters and then design a software program that would make everything easy to manage. It would only take a couple of days to let us know if and for what shows we had tickets for. Snail mail is not the answer.
  • Options
    There have been lots of problems suggested, and very few "brainstorms" of solutions. I may be way off base here but I did have a thought this morning....I've got 2 thoughts so (to quote Samuel L Jackson in Jurassic Park) "hold on to your buts..."

IDEA
    I realize that sending in cheques and money orders is an outdated way of ticketing, and presents a logistical nightmare...so lets take that idea and add a more modern twist.

Paypal is a safe and secure way of paying for items and returning payment. What if the ten club could find a way of setting up individual accounts based on member number and recieved payment for show tickets that way? They set a deadline to have the money transferred then ten club actually purchases the "block" of necessary tickets and distributes them the way they always have.

Because I don't know the limitations of the Ten Club system I don't know how the club would be able to track requested shows (unless they opened up a little app in the "goods" section that they could then cross reference with the paypal account).

I suggest paypal and not a "hold in trust" system, because if the ticket sale doesn't go through...it is REALLLY easy for the ten club to just log into the system and return the payment to anyone who (for whatever reason) was denied the tickets.

IDEA 2

Perhaps (due to logistics) the Ten Club needs to have Sattelite locations in Europe and Australia. These could be activated when a tour is announced and then shelved after tours are over. I don't know if this is possible, or even if it would help but I'm sure the band and the Ten Club have trustworthy contacts made over the years that could be hired to run these "occasional" sattelite outposts and could somehow handle the sales more locally?!?

If any of this has come up before, I'm sorry, I just couldn't deal with reading through some of the more ignorant posts in the 42 preceeding pages.

Thanks for all you do Kelly, PJ, and Ten Club
    Ryan
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Yes, the could complete re-org the entire thing, taking on crazy new logistical challenges and complex new rules OR, they could just use Ticketmaster and stagger the sale times like with the Canada presale a few months ago. Which ever is easier.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    I guarantee that if they changed back to the mail-order system, you'd have wave after wave of complaints on here about TC going back to the dark ages! You're damned if you don't and damnd if you do.

I'm sure they've got something worked out (or will have something worked out). Give that a chance, see how that works and feedback (with a nice calm head) if there are any problems.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Let's all keep in mind that Tim was on the radio for several weeks, and on the day of the Alpine Valley ticket fiasco, answering questions LIVE. We are giving a lot of respect to Kelly for coming on this chat (which he deserves), but there are folks saying Tim should have done this sooner, and he has many times LIVE on the radio taking call-in questions.
  • Options
    PeppoPeppo Posts: 2
    Hi,
    is there a little chance to see PJ in the Southern Europe? Here there is so much love for them and we "are thirsty" of their music...I hope... ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for a response Kelly what a stand up guy, took time out of his busy schedule to do Tim's job for him. Lets not forget Kelly is the bands manager, not the president of the Ten club. at least someone around here knows how to treat fans with respect.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Thanks for a response Kelly what a stand up guy, took time out of his busy schedule to do Tim's job for him. Lets not forget Kelly is the bands manager, not the president of the Ten club. at least someone around here knows how to treat fans with respect.

Tim Bierman hosted a call-in radio show for how many weeks, and had to be on the air live the day of the Alpine Valley ticket fiasco taking a bunch of angry phone calls without the benefit of a few minutes to decide what to type as a reply on a message board.

Don't act like Tim has never talked to the fans before, especially when this is the first time Kelly Curtis has done this since I can remember (and I've been a fan for 15 years).
  • Options
    Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reading our posts and listening to what we have to say.

In order to make Ten Club members happy and membership worthwhile having an exclusive members-only show, a few people mentioned, would be great. I bet you'd get them sold out in no time.

During typical shows, getting a section uder the stage for fan club members only would be a great solution. Many people who pay money for membership every year and get early entry to shows are then squashed under the stage by those who have no membership and simply push in from the back to front rows, getting happy TC members angry and annoyed. Not to mention it would most likely increase security for people in front if the crowd were separated.

As for the pre-sale, maybe there could be stages of pre-sale. One day people with let's say min 5 years continuous membership could buy tickets (and every one of the members should be allowed to get them within 24 hous or so-no panic), then the rest of TC members on standard basis and then you could see how many tickets have been sold and release the rest to general public.
    Or just make sure every member is entitled to a pair of tickets and can buy them within about 24 hours.
    After all, why deny TC members a chance to see their beloved band when plenty of tickets get snaped up by touts trying to make money! There has to be a possibilty of making sure those who are supporting the band through all those years, can get into the shows!

Anyway, good luck with sorting things out for us.
    Can't wait to see PJ soon again!!! :)

Peace!
  • Options
    gotsome420 wrote:

Tim Bierman hosted a call-in radio show for how many weeks, and had to be on the air live the day of the Alpine Valley ticket fiasco taking a bunch of angry phone calls without the benefit of a few minutes to decide what to type as a reply on a message board.

Don't act like Tim has never talked to the fans before, especially when this is the first time Kelly Curtis has done this since I can remember (and I've been a fan for 15 years).

You know why Tim didnt respond this time? because of how innapropriatly he treated fans on ASE in the past. He looses his cool under pressure and isnt fit to run this great club.
  • Options
    egrossegross Posts: 10
    Hi Kelly,

You should really entertain the idea of at least having a conversation with Coran Capshaw about how the DMB fanclub ticketing system works. It is a system that seems to work well.

Thanks!
  • Options
    PeppoPeppo Posts: 2
    bobitalia wrote:
    Hi Kelly.....thanks a lot for taking the time to answer all our questions here!
    Here's my thought....
    I think in order to have tickets sales running smoothly with no server issues or crashes over the future, maybe the best thing would be to allow fan club tickets (1 pair per member as usual) only for people living in the country where the show will take place, that way for sure there would be less traffic on the server (The billing address of the credit card used to buy the ten club seats will determine country of residence). For example, only people from England could have bought tickets for the Manchester gig, as opposed to people from all over the globe.
    If the tickets put aside for ten club members are not sold out after the pre sale, only then fan club members from other countries or continents would be allowed to buy these remaining tickets.
    I think it would really suck if Pearl Jam would come to one of our home town, and we won't be able to get tickets or good seats because somebody else from a different country got them instead....I mean, not all of us can afford to travel around the globe to follow Pearl Jam while they are on tour.
    Hope this can help somehow.
    Thanks again for your time Kelly.

giusto!
  • Options
    Well said.... We are spoiled fanclub members..... No one "deserves" or are "entitled" to anything. And let the locals buy first!
    Can I just say what a brilliant job the club does for it's fans...

I think some of us have become spoilt and lost sight of what we get...

I for one think that presales for 2009 Europe were incredibly simple and easy... Is that something to do with letting the locals buy first? I don't recall anything like this week before. Wembley was tough but certainly not impossible.

Please don't hand over to Ticketmaster.

I think there is something in the demand from the whole world coming in at once...

Please just keep trying, that's enough for me...I'm a member of a number of other fan clubs and frankly people should be aware that no matter what Tenclub is still a thousand miles better than any other club - especially in terms of ticket sales... And the Ts and Cs state there is no guarantee of pre sale tickets...

Thanks again for everything. And, you do not have to explain yourself at all , the value for membership is brilliant.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    gotsome420 wrote:
    You know why Tim didnt respond this time? because of how innapropriatly he treated fans on ASE in the past.
    what is ASE?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    some of the people's behavior on this board is similiar to a battered woman who won't leave her abuser.
    things have been this way for at least the past ten years, i personally feel like they won't change. if they made it through the "lean" years they will survive this, so why should the band/management change.

we have always had terrible communication. short notice on tour legs and pre sale dates. no email of limited goods being sold. forced to go to the secondary market for items you may want. a holiday single released around labor day of the next year, imagine how the fans outside of the forums feel.

the bottom line is this sense of entitlement only comes from the fans and not the band. so either keep listening or don't. unless the venting on a public forum actually benefits you, why bother?
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Thank you Kelly for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss matters and answer questions.
    It is very much appreciated.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    juanpjuanp Posts: 3
    mh210105 wrote:
    Thank you Kelly for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss matters and answer questions.
    It is very much appreciated.

Guys, I think this is part of his job. He is the manager of Pearl Jam and the 10c is an official fan club, last time I check we all pay money to be here. It was another big cock up so he needs to deal with this like the way he deals with the rest of the PJ business.

This is the first step, hopefully more will come.
  • Options
    Appreciate the management answering these questions, it does show that there is thought given to how hard it is to get tickets to big shows these days. I have never experienced anything this, hope there is some kind of solution going analog and mailing the stuff might be a good shout.
    Could there be a chance to set up some more shows in the same countries in a few month either around the present dates or later in the year. I can understand the announcment of the second show once the sales deem it economical, but this does obviously agrieve many fans who settle for seats when they could get standing the next day.
    If the sales are needed to justify it, could the band try playing a few smaller venues as well as the large so a sort of over spill system could be worked, smaller venues might have a more flexible calender for such a large act.
    My nearest home city is liverpool where we have a new arena, aint as big as other cities but could be added to the tour as a side show from the large manchester show. The demand from these shows, is a fairly good indicator that any added shows would sell out.
    Just a thought and a blatant plea for a gig in legendary town like Liverpool, and if ya do i demand an exclusive invite.
    Thanks And tour more please
    Rob
    Consider me an object
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Josie35 wrote:
    Well said.... We are spoiled fanclub members..... No one "deserves" or are "entitled" to anything. And let the locals buy first!
    Can I just say what a brilliant job the club does for it's fans...

But what happens if they dont tour where u live..
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    Hi Kelly

This is my story.I am a South African fan who has just returned from seeing them at the incredible Buenes Aires show. When I heard that they will be playing indoor venues in Europe, I jumped at the thought of seeing them in Europe and obtaining 10 club tickets.

When the presale debacle happened I thought well...things like this can happen. So tried for Manchester 1 via the public sale and finally got a ticket in the upper tier for night 1 and then secured a ticket for night 2.

Today I tried for 7 hours to get a ticket for Amsterdam through the general sale. Everytime at checkout it said that there was a problem with my online credit card transaction, despite me having tried with 3 different credit cards and a friend's card as well. I was devastated not to have secured tickets for Amsterdam.

I just wish that all of this could have been managed better so that fans like myself who have been 10 club members for many years could have had access to tickets before the general public.

I must admit that it was a very stressful day for me today.

I hope that this never happens again. Nothing really stresses me out but I was stressed out today, seeing the first and then the second Amsterdam show being sold out right under my keyboard!

I hope you guys can sort out all these problems going forward. It was a big decision for me to make to travel to Europe and not to have gotten tickets for Amsterdam is devastating to say the least.

Good luck with all and getting things right. Appreciate what 10 club does overall but this was very disappointing.

Regards

Southernmanfan. :( :( :(
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Hi Kelly

This is my story.I am a South African fan who has just returned from seeing them at the incredible Buenes Aires show. When I heard that they will be playing indoor venues in Europe, I jumped at the thought of seeing them in Europe and obtaining 10 club tickets.

Another fan who would get screwed by geographical preference in ticketing. Why do people keep advocating this?

Sorry southernmanfan, good luck in getting those tickets.
  • Options
    FyfeFyfe Evansville, IN Posts: 86
    Free BOSTON LOU!!!
    "Escape is never, the safest place... do it anyway"

www.facebook.com/Fyfetallica27
  • Options
    7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Fyfe wrote:
    Free BOSTON LOU!!!
    :lol: he doesnt usually have a hard time freeing himself? Sometimes I miss his dirty filthy raunchy jokes.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Josie35 wrote:
    And let the locals buy first!
    What would you define as a 'local'? How far from the venue? City? State (if US)? Country (eg France for a gig in Paris or US for a gig in, say, Chicago)?
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Fyfe wrote:
    Free BOSTON LOU!!!

London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    redrock wrote:
    Josie35 wrote:
    And let the locals buy first!
    What would you define as a 'local'? How far from the venue? City? State (if US)? Country (eg France for a gig in Paris or US for a gig in, say, Chicago)?
    nice question Rita.for exable .i feel as european lover,,means im close to all the venues... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
This discussion has been closed.