Options

EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Options
    they add dates...maybe more...and i want to know if will add more..i know that Greece isnt i ..but
    if they add more...sure we need to know..cos there is no presale,and we learn it from ticketmaster..
    we need to plan the tour,our travel...i kow how hard is,,21 shows,20 of them i use my passport to see the band...so need to know before i book everything if they gonna play more shows and where..
    its a question has to do with no presale and announcement...
    you think of topic..its ok..no problem here..just i explain how i think of it

dude, I get it, just don't call others out for going off topic when you did the same, that's all. it doesn't matter if it's a bit off topic or a lot off topic, off topic is off topic. that's all I'm saying.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    they add dates...maybe more...and i want to know if will add more..i know that Greece isnt i ..but
    if they add more...sure we need to know..cos there is no presale,and we learn it from ticketmaster..
    we need to plan the tour,our travel...i kow how hard is,,21 shows,20 of them i use my passport to see the band...so need to know before i book everything if they gonna play more shows and where..
    its a question has to do with no presale and announcement...
    you think of topic..its ok..no problem here..just i explain how i think of it

dude, I get it, just don't call others out for going off topic when you did the same, that's all. it doesn't matter if it's a bit off topic or a lot off topic, off topic is off topic. that's all I'm saying.
    i was in the topic...next announcement of dates shows ,which countries has to do with presales or not of fan club tickets
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    differing opinions, D.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Maybe I'm too late but there is one thing i would like to know:

How is it possible that two persons living in the same household, each with an active international membership for $ 50, are not allowed to get 2 pairs of TC tickets? That happened to us during the Berlin presale. I scored tickets, my wife Kathi had them in the cart to but she received the message that "a member of the same household already bought tickets and therefore she is not allowed to take them...!!"

Again, we are both paying for our memberships and we should both have the same advantages that TC promises, right?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:
    why the band choose always the same countries at Europe tour..?
    why the dont play in other countries ?
    thanks

Dimitris from Greece

What?

Come on, you are better then this post.
    sure,but i need an official answer at this..one time only in 21 years at my country isnt much,right..?

im sorrry that you had to deal with Tboz.
    he is the most negative person on this forum
    Toronto 10-05-00 / Toronto 06-28-03 / Montreal 06-29-03 / Toronto 05-09-06 / Toronto 05-10-06 / London 08-18-09 / Cleveland 05-09-10 / Buffalo 05-10-10 / East Troy 09-03/11 / East Troy 09-04-11 / Montreal 09-07-11 / Toronto 09-11-11 / Toronto 10-11-11 / Ottawa 09-14-11 / Hamilton 09-15-11 / Winnipeg 09-17-11 / Saskatoon 09-19-11 / Calgary 09-21-11 / Edmonton 09-23-11 / Vancouver 09-25-11 / London 07-16-13 / Chicago 07-19-13 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Dallas 11-15-13 / Oklahoma City 11-16-13 / Milan 06-20-2014 / Trieste 06-22-14 / Vienna 06-25-14 / Berlin 06-26-14 / Stockholm 06-28-14 / Oslo 06-27-14 / Leeds 07-08-14 / Milton Keynes 07-11-14 / Seattle 08-08-18 / Seattle 08-10-18 / Missoula 08-13-18 / Oakland 05-12-22 / Oakland 05-13-22 / St. Paul 08-31-23 / St. Paul 09-02-23

EV
    Toronto 08-12-08 / Toronto 08-13-08 / New York 06-21-11 / New York 06-22-11
  • Options
    Bueller?

Anyone?

Anyone?
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Are there more shows to be added besides Manchester 2 or is this it?
    (Would be good to know asap because of the hostel & flight bookings! Thanks!)

We heard of a second Berlin show...is this true?

No answer = maybe a second date
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Best Q/A:

Q: Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

KC: believe me… this is being talked about very seriously….
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    wolkenlos wrote:

Why do a 2nd date when the first one isn't sold out? 64.20€ tickets still for sale;
    http://pearljam.tickets.de/en/customer/ ... ating/2962

Better to do a 2nd show in Oslo or Copenhagen who sold out fast, Oslo 3 minutes and Copenhagen 6 minutes.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    bec Ebec E Posts: 40
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Maybe I'm too late but there is one thing i would like to know:

How is it possible that two persons living in the same household, each with an active international membership for $ 50, are not allowed to get 2 pairs of TC tickets? That happened to us during the Berlin presale. I scored tickets, my wife Kathi had them in the cart to but she received the message that "a member of the same household already bought tickets and therefore she is not allowed to take them...!!"

Again, we are both paying for our memberships and we should both have the same advantages that TC promises, right?

I want to know this too!!
    FREE BOSTONLOU :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember....
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    look Kelly .. i'll shut up if you let my friend, and a lot of other people's friend on here, Boston Lou back onto the forums.

Why is he the only member banned for life? yet many other 'fans' have said and done much worse.. Lou is a big supporter of the PJ Community and has even had Ed wear his hat on stage... when the new forum came live perhaps we should have all started on a clean slate? Re-instate this charitable and friendly member and I'll stop moaning ;);)

I also think Kelly is bearing the brunt of our ire... he is not 100% responsible for this, but at least he is manning up.. to a point (the 2nd night question being evaded like a green cheese at a buffet aside)

Yes Please... who else reminds me its the 22nd each month, who else teases us with cute photos of his son and who else pokes me like Boston Lou does
  • Options
    """"Q: what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??

KC: we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section""""

I have 2 tickets for Stockholm show, sectors B13 and B20 but i did not understand if with early wristband i can go in front of the stage...
    Are these tickets useful to go with wristbands in front of the stage or not ???
    Because if not, early entrance is really not useful if i have to go in sectors B13 or B20 in assigned seats!

Unfortunately on 13th december i had put 10C tickets in my chart but then the site crashed and was not able to re enter in 15 minutes...

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    DL210292 wrote:
    """"Q: what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??

KC: we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section""""

I have 2 tickets for Stockholm show, sectors B13 and B20 but i did not understand if with early wristband i can go in front of the stage...
    Are these tickets useful to go with wristbands in front of the stage or not ???
    Because if not, early entrance is really not useful if i have to go in sectors B13 or B20 in assigned seats!

Unfortunately on 13th december i had put 10C tickets in my chart but then the site crashed and was not able to re enter in 15 minutes...

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Early wristbands only for those who have standing tickets and are 10C members.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    And after everything, he can't say "thanks for the feedback and good night".

It was nice, in theory, that he did this, but how ironic is that?

its beyond ironic...

hi, i'm here to discuss you're problems

(phew... getting a bit hectic/hungry/bored/see them later)

incredulous! :D:D

I agree, this is really bad and we didn't really get some important answers here :evil:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    KC,
    First let me say thanks for doing this. It seemed lots of people appreciated it as well, as I look through this post.

I also seemed to better understand one more thing that I didnt spend much time thinking about. And that is that THE BAND WANTS TO DO THE BEST FOR THEIR FANS and TO DO THAT, THEY TRY TO KEEP EVERYTHING INSIDE PJ. PJ wants to control what they can. Why? To give their fans the best possible chances for tickets. That's the truth in my eyes. And as they learn and grow, they have growing pains. And that's what we are seeing now. So, for me, I appreciate it and am glad you are.
  • Options
    wolkenlos wrote:

Why do a 2nd date when the first one isn't sold out? 64.20€ tickets still for sale;
    http://pearljam.tickets.de/en/customer/ ... ating/2962

Better to do a 2nd show in Oslo or Copenhagen who sold out fast, Oslo 3 minutes and Copenhagen 6 minutes.

Germans are always slow starters no matter if its Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead or Pearl Jam. It took Radiohead days to sell out Wuhlheide but they added a second date soon as it sold out.

I hope for a second scandinavia date as well, but I dont think that will happen. I dont think the PJ management knows how big PJ are in Scandinavia (maybe they know now). In Norway they should played in the new Telenor Arena who has a capacity of 23000, and sound there is really good.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Really don't see the big deal about adding a second show...done all the time. Saw U2 on the Vertigo Tour in Toronto, I believe the first 2 shows were announced those sold out, they added a 3rd and then 4th.

I'm not seeing any of the shows but it was great of the KC to answer people's questions...I really don't think you want ticketmaster handling 10 c ticket sales...just my opinion on that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Best Q/A:

Q: Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

I only joined 10C this year...what was the post card and money order thing about back then?
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    Mr Curtis was expecting few ideas form us.. well There were quite a few good once - like ex. Let us know about more dates added in advance and give 10c members a chance to but tickets before they go to public.

There was a big number of people trying to buy tickets for Amsterdam and they were unsuccessful because of this rubbish system.. and 30 minutes later there is another date added, but with the same problem regards to buy a ticket.

Why you ask for ideas if you ignore them. 24 hours after Manchester you do the same mistake with Amsterdam.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Best Q/A:

I only joined 10C this year...what was the post card and money order thing about back then?

We used to get a list of all the tour dates in the mail and then pick the shows we were going to attend and send the list back with our payment. Oh the good ol days :D:lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    dunkman wrote:
    oh and no offence Mr Curtis... are you suggesting to us, the fans, that the 2nd night has never been discussed with you? Are you suggesting that TM sell the 2nd night out and then dictate to the band that they MUST play a 2nd night?

please do not insult our intelligence... the band, the mgt and all staff would have known about a 2nd night so why could that not have been announced before TM released tickets? I know for a fact that webpages can be set to go live at certain times... i.e. a news item on PJ could have been set to go live at 8.55am UK time this morning with info about the 2nd night.

You're evading the most burning questions. Whilst i'm sure everyone appreciates the fact you are here.. please don't skip the most emotive points. :)

let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know.
    Failed.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    sensisensi Posts: 73
    Bugger...I missed this being English and in a different time zone. :(

Anyway...my question was answered...Crowd Surge have said our personal information is safe.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Mr Curtis was expecting few ideas form us.. well There were quite a few good once - like ex. Let us know about more dates added in advance and give 10c members a chance to but tickets before they go to public.

There was a big number of people trying to buy tickets for Amsterdam and they were unsuccessful because of this rubbish system.. and 30 minutes later there is another date added, but with the same problem regards to buy a ticket.

Why you ask for ideas if you ignore them. 24 hours after Manchester you do the same mistake with Amsterdam.

Amen to that.

This whole thread just made me more irritated.
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Best Q/A:

We used to get a list of all the tour dates in the mail and then pick the shows we were going to attend and send the list back with our payment. Oh the good ol days :D:lol:

Surely that's a helluva better system than the current one, especially with the increase in the fan base over the years. I'd be open to try that option out.
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    sensisensi Posts: 73
    Better Dan wrote:
    He wasn't mocking us. He was sincerely asking for the fans input for brainstorming ideas. It's what good mgrs do.

This. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly never does anything like this again. Some people were really disrespectful.

Weren't they just...some of it made shocking reading...people wanted a response and they got one from the top dog...a few people seemed to have ODd on Internet bravery and forgot to show some respect to someone who had taken the time to address our questions.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Thank you mr Curtis for answering our responses. Some of the replies seemed a little aggressive but I can understand your frustrations. I spoke to a member of 10c staff on Thursday and she sounded drained. Honestly, as much as I love pearl jam and their live shows, I don't think the hassle of this week will be forgotten. People have taken time off work, stayed at work for hours, rearranged things, gone without stuff just to get their hands on tickets for a rock show. Pearl jams fans are some of the most loyal of any supporters I know, and that includes top sporting teams. This week has not been fun. I do now have tickets somehow after my friend got me some on the TM lottery, for which I am eternally greatful for, especially after this week.

Now if I didn't get tickets, I would have been gutted. But for a second show to go on sale without us knowing it sucks. Can an email go out to 10clubbers, especially as I presume these are the fans you want at the shows, just before it goes on sale, from you or TM? I found out on twitter. Some very loyal UK fans have missed out and have been apprehensive to book European shows after this fiasco, especially with the added costs of flights etc. but if we knew about the 2nd show, it may have helped.

I love pearl jam and have been a member for seven or eight years. Whether I stay a member will be decided next year. I probably will renew just because I love the band and just for a slight hope I will get to see them. I think things can be turned around but please communicate with us. We are not only your loyal fans, we are your paying customers.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Because l'm with an visually impaired person, and we ALWAYS have had difficulty to have 10c members tickets, l'd like to know in advance if there are any Italian shows planned, just for having a chance to organize.We booked the first show in Amsterdam and would like to know , for the second one for not being penalized ( in the last row) , what could we do?
    Btw, l think that in my jammer carrier l have written about 10 mails to the ten club in order to organize the best accomodation for my half blind friend...and l never had an answer.
    Take care
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Germans are always slow starters no matter if its Metallica, Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead or Pearl Jam. It took Radiohead days to sell out Wuhlheide but they added a second date soon as it sold out.

I hope for a second scandinavia date as well, but I dont think that will happen. I dont think the PJ management knows how big PJ are in Scandinavia (maybe they know now). In Norway they should played in the new Telenor Arena who has a capacity of 23000, and sound there is really good.

but it's not a slow starter if it's Depeche Mode...which makes Germany an even cooler country for me.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    Hello Kelly,
    My question is
    Why on the Earth the seckond Amsterdam show was released for the public sale???
    Don't you think it should be exclusively for 1OC only!!!! As some sort of way saying you were sorry for all this dredful experience?
    The server was overloaded as soon as seckond show in amsterdam started to sell and again and I was unable rich any tickets.
    How could you have done sth like this to us fans again?
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    Kelly Curtis wrote "let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know."

Do you think that this is a bit naieve? Do you honestly believe that playing one show per country is enough on an European tour? Surely you have statistics of fan club members for Europe, and past experience of playing these countries over the last twenty years to know that the demand for tickets will be high. Annoncing just one show per country just hightens the anxiety for fans who feel under pressure to get a ticket for that show as goodness knows when the band will be over this way again. This is why your lack of communication over the shambolic period through the 10c presale has caused such an out roar and fans feeling doubly let down when futher shows are put on sale without prior heads up to your core of loyal 10c members.

Have the band and the management thought about how they will be dealing with this in the future?
    a little visit, reminding me of his presence
This discussion has been closed.