EUROPEAN TIX PRESALE FORUM DIALOGUE WITH PJ MGR KELLY CURTIS

Comments

• Just go to a straight lottery. Two days to sign up for as many shows on tour you want to see, then run a algorithm to keep the probability fair (meaning you are more likely to get your first show than someone else is to get their second show). If you're selected, you get tix. If you don't, you don't.
  • chinobaeza wrote:
    I have a question....where's Kelly?
    hitting F5? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

ok, that cracked me up.
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Thanks for taking the time to address the issues.

Nine Inch Nails had an interesting ticketing system for their final club show tour. I believe they used a website called MusicToday (which now leads to ticketmaster...), but they had a setup where people had to first log in to a waiting room and then, once in, were able to select a show. The waiting room server only allowed a small number of people on at a time, so once one person's transaction was complete, another person trying to log in was allowed to. This meant that it was a crazy fight to get in, but once you made it everything was smooth sailing and there was no crashing when entering the payment info. The process was slower, and it was CRAZY trying to log in, but seemed like a manageable and reasonable way to separate the traffic a bit.

Also, I am aware of a loophole in your system on pearljam.com that makes it very easy to get tickets, or any other item. This may not be pertinent any more since it doesn't look like you'll be doing the ticket sales here, but if you or someone from 10c wants to send me an email or PM, I'll be happy to share it with you.

and before I get inundated with PMs, I am only sharing with them! :lol:
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    chinobaeza wrote:
    I have a question....where's Kelly?
    hitting F5? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    best answer ever hahahahaha
  • Pleased that i've just managed to get a couple of dodgy seats to the second show. Thnakfully checked facebook before I went to bed or would never have known!
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    Incase you are still reading this Mr. Curtis...

Have you seen the beautiful new arena that just opened last year in Louisville, KY?

http://www.kfcyumcenter.com/

I bet that would be better than the parking up at Indy in the Verizon Wireless center..

Hmmm...and I bet it is better equipped and has a higher capacity than the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati.

Its sure better than Rupp Arena in KY....And its pretty vacant in the Spring/Summer :)
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Sawyer wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    IS THE TICKETING ISSUE FIXED FROM HERE ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past few years buying tickets through 10c has honestly drove me up a wall ..... and im close to taking my TICKET PURCHASES else where.

THANKS KELLY
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.
    Your something else dude. A piece of work. Jesus.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Kelly,
    whilst we were waiting for a response from the ten club, after the crash, the only information we were receiving was from Crowdsurge.
    Their operators told people they had a plan to sell the remaining tickets and just needed approval from you.
    What happened with this?
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.
  • TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Dunno what this is all about, but I have a question for Mr. Curtis.

When are Pearl Jam planning to return to Canada?
  • UKDave wrote:
    Each to their own but if I felt as negative as the comments you make I'd be gone and wouldn't be coming back. I couldn't be contemplating seeing a band whilst feeling so much vitriol to them...
    When have I shown "vitriol" (had to google that word) against the band? I think it would have been a nice gesture from them putting out a statement, saying a few words to the fans regarding what has happend. But that's about it. So, you will have to be more precise I think regarding my hate towards Pearl Jam. i love them. I listen to them right now, to loud even for this late hour.
    Phish uses MusicToday through a lottery type system. You put requests in for each show that you would like to attend and they let you know a week later if you won the lottery/tickets for one or all the shows you were wanting. The tickets allocated for Lottery Requests are random and located sporadically all over the venue.
    I mean why not? Through a form you request tickets for a show or several or whatever. Person A, B and C "wins" the lottery and then their seioniry decides who gets the best seats. Seemes like no different than how it works today, only people don't need the "first on the ball" stress we have today. It's still a lottery pretty much.

Right... It is just so much less stress to deal with. With the Lottery Request, you put your request in and you are DONE! And you find out if you got tickets or not BEFORE the public on-sale
    "So much it dont show"

• Also, I am aware of a loophole in your system on pearljam.com that makes it very easy to get tickets, or any other item. This may not be pertinent any more since it doesn't look like you'll be doing the ticket sales here, but if you or someone from 10c wants to send me an email or PM, I'll be happy to share it with you.
    Could this also be causing forum problems? :o
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    When have I shown "vitriol" (had to google that word) against the band? I think it would have been a nice gesture from them putting out a statement, saying a few words to the fans regarding what has happend. But that's about it. So, you will have to be more precise I think regarding my hate towards Pearl Jam. i love them. I listen to them right now, to loud even for this late hour.

Quite agree, my main issue was over the lack of communication. I'm not about to spend hours dragging out posts as I'm heading off now (little one will be up early) but I remember reading the tone of many of your posts over the last couple of days and being amazed at the level of animosity and aggression in there. They really stood out. They've calmed down a little recently though ;)

Peace and if you make it to Manchester come and have a beer...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    Thanks for taking your time to be here Kelly,

I've been a fan since day one, 20 years, my love for the bands music will always remain. But as a consumer, and I think I speak for many people, we're all feeling let down by 10c over the past couple of years. And not just on this particular issue, but also including the Blu-Ray fiasco, backpacks, hiked shipping followed by delays, holiday singles/mags never arriving, not to mention previous ticketing pre-sales.

I have no doubt the people behind pearl jam & 10c are good people, hard-working people and I appreciate all of their efforts over the last two decades, a time in which both the global economic & music industry climates have changed dramatically. But It just doesn't seem like there is any point in belonging to 10c anymore? What are we getting exactly? We pay for a service that is repeatedly not being provided to the expectations we expect. Perhaps there is a need to under-promise & over-deliver, instead of vice-versa.

In any case, there seems to be an overwhelming cause of concern here for one issue above all others, one that in going forward for 10c needs to be addressed first. luckily, in this day & age it is also the easiest.

Communication.
    s

+1

In short, Kelly: What is the point in paying for Ten Club membership these days?

I don't see it. I went more than 17 years as a fan without any involvement with Ten Club. I love Pearl Jam's music more than that of any other band but these days every time I come in here I find something else has happened that saddens me.

This evening I log in to find we are (at short notice) to get an explanation for what happened for you. Except you don't seem to be answering any serious questions.

And I also find PJ are to play another gig not 50 miles away from my home town, but it is already sold out and nobody even thought to tell us.

This after spending 3 hours fruitlessly in front of a computer for a system that didn't work, and another 27 waiting for news.

Pearl Jam and Ten Club don't half know how to break your heart.

So, Kelly, why pay to be treated like this? Would you? And what are you going to do to fix this?
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    first of all, thank you for coming on here and listening to us. I've been on other bands' forums, and despite major problems we have never had someone actually show up and give us answers. some things have remained vague, but I appreciate the effort.
    the issue I came here for, namely the problem of us getting a heads up before a second date goes on sale has been tackled, and I hope it'll work out in the future.

just adding my two cents on the whole lottery thing: I've never tried to get tickets through such a system, so I'm not sure how it works exactly. I'm just not too fond of the whole idea. I think the system as it runs now is pretty good, you just need a reliable partner site that can handle it. and I personally also enjoy the buying tickets in pairs...it gives you the possibility to help someone out that might have had technical or other problems or not been able to buy tickets when they went on sale, and it connects you to fellow fans.
  • Thank you Kelly for answering our questions and taking the time to listen to us. It has been a frustrating few days, but what we should all try to remember is how much we love Pearl Jam. Thats why we are so passionate about this issue. At least you are listening!
    Manchester 17th Aug 2008
    Berlin 04th July 2012
    Eddie Vedder 30th July 2012

Come back to Scotland!!

'Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away'
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited December 2011
    Why would I have to imagine it, I've just experienced it... just reacted differently.
    Then please, respect me reacting differently than you. As I said, without people making it "dreadful" for you being here Curtis wouldn't even be here,. If we didn't react loudly it would be brushed of, I still feel it is being brushed off even how loud we react and I personally feel this should be taken out to the fanclubs (which isnt wokring gointing towards beyond repair) real boss - Pearl Jam - meaning showing them our feelings at a concert. But obviously that is not an option. But seems not much is happening when only tenclub sees it - it's like a wall between them and the fans and the lack of communication is proof of that.

But anyways. I knew about the second Manchester show, i could have gotten a ticket and we could have had that beer ;)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    THANKS KELLY[/quote]
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along[/quote]

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.[/quote]
    Your something else dude. A piece of work. Jesus.[/quote]

that something is a realist

• ...from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know.

I think that goes without saying.
  • EilianEilian Posts: 276
    UKDave wrote:
    Eilian wrote:
    He is entitled to "bitch". He/she (sorry, haven't clarified) has paid for the privilege.

Imagine you pay for a place in a queue (presumably whatever is at the end means a lot to you), the queue does not move for 30 hours. You are not communicated with by anyone official other than to tell you what you are already abundantly aware,..."something is wrong." Eventually, you are told to disperse and come back tomorrow where the queue (which you have no guaranteed place in) is going to be exponentially bigger that it was for those 30 wasted hours, so much so, that you might not get in at all. Then imagine a second queue has formed and been let in (to the thing that means so much) without you knowing.

His/her complaints and negativity are perfectly justified.

Why would I have to imagine it, I've just experienced it... just reacted differently.

Are you unable to empathise?

Would you have reacted differently if the Pearl Jam brand wasn't involved? If it was any other successful business/brand/organisation that you paid for a membership with would you think this situation worthy of a complaint?

It does seem as though people are expected to excuse the sub standard business practices of the larger brand that is Pearl Jam, on the grounds that they love the artistic ones. As if somehow, you can't be a "real fan" and still recognise poor administration. (The minutia of which, the band has very little if not nothing to do with I'm sure)

It just worries me that the service and accountability might be measured next to how much they think they can push it based on our love for the band. Please don't suggest I jog on.
    Why the tour avoidance of the States?
  • Sawyer wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    IS THE TICKETING ISSUE FIXED FROM HERE ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past few years buying tickets through 10c has honestly drove me up a wall ..... and im close to taking my TICKET PURCHASES else where.

THANKS KELLY
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.

its sad how this thread turned into bashing kelly curtis. well done, sawyer! sawyer, were you even trying to get tickets for the euro shows (which this topic was originally created) or are you already just setting your sites on the show's merch to flip in the ld forum? and its kinda scary to think that someone like you is shaping the minds of our youth. you are a piece of work. again, well done!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Sawyer wrote:

oh i dont know... we all went over the top not knowing the outcome and most of us lost friends along the way... all directed by men who were stationed many miles away in a comfy office whilst we fough it out on the front lines... allegerocally the 10c could do quite a good lesson on mis-management.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    TinAnt wrote:
    Dunno what this is all about, but I have a question for Mr. Curtis.

When are Pearl Jam planning to return to Canada?

I would suggest it is fairly obvious what it's about, just from the thread title
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • 81 wrote:
    Do you feel the hiring of 81 will increase the 10c fan moral?
    Without a doubt.

Just the mere thought of this has made me feel much better about the 10C. :D

THANKS KELLY[/quote]
    don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along[/quote]

why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.[/quote]

my statement bashed Kelly how?
    its sad how this thread turned into bashing kelly curtis. well done, sawyer! sawyer, were you even trying to get tickets for the euro shows (which this topic was originally created) or are you already just setting your sites on the show's merch to flip in the ld forum? and its kinda scary to think that someone like you is shaping the minds of our youth. you are a piece of work. again, well done![/quote]
  • anyway,that was a try for make things better,,hope problems will be solved and we will deal with music shows and not with all this thing,that fucked up all the exitement of the tour
    thanks for your time,and see u all at the shows..[/quot

Dimi exactly....except for the people who couldnt get the tickets!!!!!
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.
    Worcester 15.10.2013
    Worcester 16.10.2013
    Brooklyn 18.10.2013
    Brooklyn 19.10.2013
    Trieste 22.6.2014
    Berlin 26.6.2014
    Milton Keynes 11.7.2014
    Buenos Aires 7.11.2015
    Sao Paulo 14.11.2015
    Rio de Janeiro 22.11.2015
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20.8.2016
    Chicago Wrigley Field 22.8.2016
  • jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    hello kelly,

i think everyone would agree that the biggest issue has been the lack of communication.

now can i put forward a suggestion as a possible solution to this? something you guys had already done in the past.

please bring back the periodic rumor pit and Q&A's bulletins - this was something that i really looked forward to in the old days.

and let digitalkat ad offthesea run this again - with your full-support of course.

thanks for doing this and have a good weekend.

may 2012 be a more positive year for all of us.

bong

ps: please play south-east asia soon and this time don't forget indonesia and malaysia-truly asia.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_

• its sad how this thread turned into bashing kelly curtis. well done, sawyer! sawyer, were you even trying to get tickets for the euro shows (which this topic was originally created) or are you already just setting your sites on the show's merch to flip in the ld forum? and its kinda scary to think that someone like you is shaping the minds of our youth. you are a piece of work. again, well done!

He askes straight questions, wanting straight answers and didn't kiss ass. I think Sawyer did it right.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Hi Kelly,

Appreciate you doing this!

One main question for you:

Will there be any early entry for the 2nd Manc date?

Oh and bring the boys to Newcastle Upon Tyne next time!! :)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    He's offline now
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

This discussion has been closed.