Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    manclass wrote:
    simonorton wrote:
    DO THE POZNAN

Now, as a United fan, I HATE to do this. But Manchester City have adopted 'the Poznan' (google it), turning their backs to the pitch when they score :

So, in light of these unfortunate events, I'm suggesting we extend this city's little custom as a demonstration and expression of what we've all been through the last few days.

We make a collective effort to show our feelings by turning our backs for one song. Maybe the first song of encore 1 ?

Come the gig in six months time, a lot of these feelings will have dissolved and we'll be wrapped up at the excitment of being at the gig (sure, quite near the toilets at the back, but hey) and a lot of this will be forgotten, but I don't think this can be glossed over.

10c evidently aren't replying to emails or hearing concerns so we need to find another way of doing this. It's not turning our back on the band, on the chaps on stage who we love - they didn't do this. But we need to turn our backs on the organisation for a moment. Let our voices be heard.

It would take organisation, but if we all stood together on this, I think a very clear, democratic, unified voice would be heard all the way back in Seattle.

Sorry, but no. The band is not the fan club, and this is the fan club's problem. If that worked (which it wouldn't, if only for the fact that 10C are now going to be scattered all around the arena) then it would only create a bad atmosphere, and probably piss the band off. So no. Bad idea.

Agreed - and as a City fan I will not have our name sullied with such a gesture (which is typical Utd fan agressive tactics ;) )

I agree too. As a City fan I will not put our names on shame, plus like they mentioned before. It is not the bands fault that 10C used CrowdsUrge... I finally got my tickets and I'm over the moon. I just hope that every member got some...
  • Options
    MN282585MN282585 Posts: 115
    Did Not Score via livenation...
    Ordered 2 with viagogo, Hope to get them...
    Amsterdam will Not get bettet tomorrow? Right?
  • Options
    Thanks for thoughts re Poznan. All valid points (apart from the one about United being typically aggresive - what bunkum:) ) I simply thought that it would be good to have a way to express some of this. It's all very well getting angry and blusterry in a Forum - as many have - but it all gets quickly forgotten, swept under the carpet, it's tacitly agreed to and nothing changes. This ain't the Arab Spring - but things happen when people stand up and stand together. If we don't, come next time ... same shit, different day. We've seen it time and time again.

For me, that's woven into what PJ is about. The protest. The fight. The belief in how things could be. This might have been a terrible idea, sure, but I think apathy is worse.

"If you hate something, don't you do it too."
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    mgvellinga wrote:
    A very very dissapointing non solution, why not go presale via the live nation site?!?!? Even my american express card gets me better pre sales deals for concerts than this...
    This club needs new management!

was there an Amex pre-sale like the O2 one ? i have an Amex but heard nothing about it if there was one...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    So finally after days of messing about and wasting my time I have two tickets...top tier at the MEN as far from the stage as possible.

How could the tickets sell out so fast, why make things so difficult. I got through initially for standing tickets and then the clock timed me out whilst I tried to pay :twisted:

The 10club has helped me in no way whatsoever in obtaining these abysmal seat at the MEN, so $20 wasted re-joining on the 05-12-11 with the sole aim of obtaining standing tickets.

Not happy in the slightest, the whole emphasis of PJ20 was about rewarding the fans...this leaves a sour taste.
    Neil Young & Pearl Jam Dublin 1995, Leeds Festival 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2018, London 1 2022, London 2 2022
  • Options
    I’m massively disillusioned with the whole affair. :(

I thought being a 10c member would give me a very good chance of tickets for Manchester. However the 10c presale screwed up/sabotaged so I couldn’t get a ticket that way, I’m not an O2 customer so was precluded from that and didn’t know how to access the Live Nation presale. I was online at 9am GMT but still couldn’t get a ticket through the general release today. I’ve wasted the best part of a week and ended up with nothing.

I refuse to pay over inflated ticket prices from resale sites. Seems to me this pre-sale business (especially the venue & O2 parts) means that there isn’t much left for general release and its just a way for touts to get them before everyone else and sell at a profit.

I think PJ need to add some more European shows, clearly far more demand than supply at the moment.
  • Options
    well this isnt cool.
    Cant they just do the ticket sale again , with ticketmaster?
    or some how get members the chance to get tickets????

Amen!
  • Options
    PearlJamOnLine PearlJamOnLine
    Wow! RT “@seetickets: 2nd date added for Pearl Jam in Manchester! seetickets.com/Tour/PEARL-JAM #stillalive” via

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    CloudDog23 - I cant thank you enough - just got two standing tickets for the second date in Manchester!!!!!!!!! :clap:
  • Options
    J_iantJ_iant Posts: 11
    Wow yeah thanks! Weird that a fan has to shout this out...but still GREAT
    I'm so high the clouds they break...
  • Options
    Typical add a date could get standing ticket no problem, cant go Bruce springsteen in Sunderland same night bugger
  • Options
    CloudDog23 wrote:
    Wow! RT “@seetickets: 2nd date added for Pearl Jam in Manchester! seetickets.com/Tour/PEARL-JAM #stillalive” via
    THANK YOU!!!!! I LOVE YOU !!!!
  • Options
    BairbreBairbre Posts: 31
    edited December 2011
    MS305262 wrote:
    CloudDog23 wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!!! I LOVE YOU !!!!

Thank you so much :)
    Post edited by Bairbre on
    No time to be void...or save up on life; you gotta spend it all...
  • Options
    FahFah Posts: 12
    CloudDog23 wrote:

You f**king legend ye CloudDog. I thought that was just a bad joke but I just got 2 standing tickets for the second night. Awesome. So happy, now I'm going to both Manchester gig's.

Thank you Pearl Jam for the second date.
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000 - Aug 23, 2006 - Jun 22, 2010
    S.E.C.C. - Jun 03, 2000
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000 - Aug 17, 2009 - Jun 20, 2012 - Jun 21, 2012
    Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000
    PalaMalaguti - Sep 14, 2006 - Palaisozaki - Sep 19, 2006
    Duomo Square - Sep 20, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007 - Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Werchter Festival - Jul 04, 2010
    Ziggo Dome - Jun 26,2012
  • Options
    Second night - live nation favourite artist alert - straight through and got a standing. Excellent news.

I take back what I was saying about the Poznan. Silly boy.

Thanks 10c.
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    This is a strange move. I mean, it's great that there's a second show and the band have obviously responded well to demand.

However, this will do little to assuage the frustration of many 10C members. Unless you are keeping up-to-date with these boards, this development might be too late. People will come home from work tonight and be doubly devastated.
  • Options
    Paul5150 wrote:
    CloudDog23 - I cant thank you enough - just got two standing tickets for the second date in Manchester!!!!!!!!! :clap:
    You're wlecome

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    satansbed wrote:
    RE4790 wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

for this to work i think local fans would have to get first shout, definatly in europe,

however i do't think this is the best system, just the easiest

How on Earth is this easier than using Ticketmaster with the current rules?

<snip>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeP6CpUnfc0

Nice. And I didn't mean to come across as a douche in that post, but I feel like people here are really making this harder than it needs to be.

What was the most successful 10c pre-sale of the last few years? The Canada 2011 pre-sale on Ticketmaster. That worked really well and the motivations that keep people coming back to the 10c after all these problems (multi-show ticket buys, seniority, etc.) were left intact. That is a simple change that has been proven to work. Why not do that? Why not go with what you know works and put these years of ugliness behind us?

And one more thing while I am logged in... no one is entitled to go to a particular PJ show. Just because it's across the street from your flat doesn't mean that you deserve to there any more than someone from India or Japan or where-ever. Equality and fairness in ticketing in a globalized world means that everyone should be treated equally regardless of which side of an imaginary line they happen to be on. Sometimes this causes distortions because of class differences, and the rich will have more opportunity to see shows because they can afford global travel, but just because some fans can afford a plane ticket doesn't make them less deserving of attending a show than someone who can take a train or a bus to that show. Every fan globally should have equal access to every show global, no special treatment. That's what's fair and I hope the 10c keeps that policy going.
  • Options
    Feel a bit torn about this. I've been extremely lucky today to get tickets both this morning and this afternoon for the 2nd show.

I was lucky that I was by a computer all day and was too hung over from xmas parties to go out and get lunch. But there is going to be a lot of pissed off members tonight who find out they could have got tickets for the second show. 10C should have used this second show to help the members who missed out on the first night. People can't be expected to be on the forum all day. What are we all paying 10C for if not advanced warning of these things?
  • Options
    Get to Live Nation, standing tickets still available for second night :-)!!!
  • Options
    Feel a bit torn about this. I've been extremely lucky today to get tickets both this morning and this afternoon for the 2nd show.

I was lucky that I was by a computer all day and was too hung over from xmas parties to go out and get lunch. But there is going to be a lot of pissed off members tonight who find out they could have got tickets for the second show. 10C should have used this second show to help the members who missed out on the first night. People can't be expected to be on the forum all day. What are we all paying 10C for if not advanced warning of these things?

Yep exactly, I hope that standing + good seats are still left for all the 9-5 workers when they get home tonight... imagine how they'll feel if it's sold out / crap tickets left :( Us sad lot are just lucky we were by a computer when it happened.
  • Options
    I hope the touts are all out on lunch :lol:
  • Options
    I'm stunned, I've just came back in and saw a tweet. No standing tickets left at that seeticket and just by chance went to Live Nation and got them :-) Sheer jammy luck!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Pearl Jam, i knew you would, up yours touts, just managed 2 standing for the second day, i also got two shitty seats for the first, u know what, I'll use both :)
    There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye.
  • Options
  • Options
    I hope the touts are all out on lunch :lol:
    it looks like they are.. I was checking for the last hour and there is still plenty available. It is so nice to see more happy faces on the last pages of this forum :)
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    It would be really nice for Pearl Jam to send out a notification (email, tweet, FB post, carrier pigeon) for this second show before it sells out...you know, because it's their fan club and all...
  • Options
    verdum wrote:
    Is it an option for all of us in here to buy an extra ticket or two for the shows we are able to buy, so we can swap with each other to all get into the shows we want (at least for GA, even though there might be problems for getting early entry wristbands - still I think ten club should try to help us out on this one)?

Dunno if anyone posted this suggestion already, but it would be standing together and cooperating as fans, wouldn't it? To try to prevent black market speculators to get too many tickets...

-V

I have 2 standing tickets for second Manchester date but would prefer standing for 1st date as have to be somewhere early on 22nd...

anyone for swapsies?
  • Options
    It would be really nice for Pearl Jam to send out a notification (email, tweet, FB post, carrier pigeon) for this second show before it sells out...you know, because it's their fan club and all...
    They're surely asleep (it is 5.41am in Seattle).
    Second shows are usually added in this way as far as I know. Same happened for 2nd night at Wembley in 2000 as far as I remember.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    They're surely asleep (it is 5.41am in Seattle).
    Second shows are usually added in this way as far as I know. Same happened for 2nd night at Wembley in 2000 as far as I remember.
    You're telling me that no one in Pearl Jam's camp know a second show was added? Come on...

There are many, many simple ways to get this news out. Wake up, post a FB message, go bac kto bed. Takes 3 minutes tops. Tweet, same thing. as for the site itself, it's really easy to set a release time on a website. they could have had the news drop at a specific time in the "News" feed and that would be fine...