Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    Deja Vu! :twisted: Why are they going with some off the wall site?
  • Options
    gordok wrote:
    I've been a member of tenclub for a long time, 15yrs+, missed a couple of years due to financial issues, but honestly tried to find the money to renew every year.

I've struggled through multiple site crashes, last-ditch attempts on a 3rd or 4th pre-sale opportunity, dived into general ticket sales, organised ticket trades for myself and my own spares to others who missed out to touts. This year I sat in front of the site for 5 hours trying to get PJ20 tickets the first night and despite the absolute shambles of an experience, was delighted enough by getting them on day 2 that all was forgiven. Having travelled from the UK just to be there, the thoughts of 2-3 days of stress and frustration were banished by the gig.

The main reason I was ok with this is that I genuinely felt that tenclub were interested about the experience of Pearl Jam fans in some small way, that they actually cared that we followed the band. I don't know why, maybe its the community here for which I have been a long-time relative lurker.

That's changed with this pathetic, condescending and downright insulting attempt to pass off responsibility to an unseen entity for the continued frustration of trying to get tickets as a fully paid up member of the fan-club, and experience which can only be described as less fun than a surprise sandpaper enema.

Just apologise to us, ffs! Admit that once again you've been poorly prepared, stretched and maybe even under-resourced and we'd accept that. But feeding us G-dubya lines like this sabotage excuse is an inexcusable attempt to pass the buck, to blame the other guy, to pit the community against an invisible foe. You may as well declare me unpatriotic to the Pearl Jam nation for making this post and be done with it.

My membership is up in January. For the first time, I am seriously considering not renewing.

LOL Surprise Sandpaper Enema!!!!
  • Options
    One thing.... I herad the biggest expert on criminology in Sweden once talk about suspects using the "unknown man" as a defense often when getting pressured during questioning. The last line in defence for many, when not wanting to take the blame for what they have done.

I doubt this is the case here ofc and 10c are not criminals and whatever. But just interesting when gordok mentioned an "unseen entity" - putting the focus on something else, something to stand together against.

i still think, due to the forum crashing also that this is a tenclub-problem and not crowdsurge. Sabotage or not they should have said they were sorry. Cuz them opening up themselves for sabotage is their problem - should not be a 30hour problem for us.

(and being warned by Kat of removing my right to write on here without an explantion to why, I'm sort of scared if writing on here now... because I don't even know why I got warned exactly)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    We are truly seeing PJs dedication to not just celebrate 20 years, but actually still being in 1991.

10c membership lists had to be hand written into Crowdsurge's database, cause the plain text file currently in use for storage was to big to fit on a floppy disk.

Seriously though....we all wish it was the 90's, but most of us didn't achieve Rock Star Purview rights and have to conform to this being 2011. Which is why we sit in front of our computers banging out the frustration left by the Man's castration. (it rhymed, ok? ;-) )

Finally a reason to not berate myself for constantly letting my membership go...
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    One thing.... I herad the biggest expert on criminology in Sweden once talk about suspects using the "unknown man" as a defense often when getting pressured during questioning. The last line in defence for many, when not wanting to take the blame for what they have done.

emmanuel goldstein
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    Justyna wrote:
    Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the band go back to the way we used to get tickets?

Actually the old way, was that they mailed out order forms. Ticket's weren't based on senority, it was first come first serve (so everyone spent copious amounts of money on sending the forms back via courier to secure tickets). They also had the potential to sellout in the large cities with huge demand, so you had to pick a 2nd or 3rd show as your backup. You wouldn't hear anything back about whether or not you got tickets before the public onsale (ie for Missoula '98 we didn't know if we got fan tix or not, so we bought another pair when they went on sale to the public).

I didn't have to deal with it this time, but I did for the Canadian tour. There are very few ticketing agencies on the planet that run as smooth as ticketmaster. I don't think you can hire a small independant ticket company and expect them to be able to deal with something as big as a pearl jam tour. For the Canadian tour they conceded, and we were able to buy our tickets (using a unique code) through TM directly. It took less then 30 seconds. No server issues. It was great. Maybe the 10c could work that out again?
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    10c banks on one thing...the furor will pass...
    ...it did with Alpine Valley mess...
    ...it did with the Canada ticket mess...
    ....it did with the BluRay mess...
    ...it will with the Europe mess...
    ...10c banks on us being pissed off on days like today and then incrememently get less vocal with time.

Sure tickets aren't promised, but the consistent failures without accountability or apology is acceptable. This year more than any other.

Maybe it's time for a greater action? Like legal action of some sort?

And don't forget the no early access for 10C's for LATAM shows.. :|
  • Options
    I doubt very much 10c are trying to pull a fast one here... besides, it's a very dodgy game to play. As far as I'm aware, if a member of the public reports what they believe to have been a crime committed, then authorities are obliged to investigate further... that would be embarrassing.
  • Options
    Noooooooo I am in shock. I managed to get 4 tickets for Copenhagen on ticketmaster/Billetnet at 10:14. Even have a PDF receipt from 10:14 with the facts. I just went to check my tickets and they are now changed to waiting list. This cannot be right :(
    I orderen the tickets as printet in the mail and not ad selfprintouts.
    I have friends that ordered after me and they got the printout email.
    I hope a call to billetnet tomorrow will solve the problem nut I fear the worse.
    How can they just change tickets to waiting list :(
    Maybe you all should check you order if it is ticketmaster/billetnet.
    Maybe we can do the police report for ticket scams together. Because I am not letting ticketmaster/Billetnet getting away with this.
  • Options
    Before everyone shits themselves and condemns the 10C over this issue we need to wait and get all the facts. Most people assumed the new Crowdsurge screwed this up because they were small and their servers couldn't handle the load. The update made it very clear it wasn't a server capacity issue (unless you think they are lying with no basis or history to conclude that).

Believe it or not there are people who sit around and come up with programs and devices with diabolical intentions to screw up these types of things. Does Ticketmaster have better systems to detect and deflect attacks? Maybe? Probably? What we DO know is Ticketmaster are refunding customers for 'dubious processing fees'. Spend some time searching online and you can dig up plenty of stories of their stuff crashing and failing as well.

If this didn't come on the heels of a major fail over the prior systems and process that were unable to handle the demand people wouldn't be so upset but let's remember 10C abandoned that investment to go to a company that had the capacity to handle this.

So to all of you who call the band and 10C liars because they have concluded sabotage in this instance, until we get the facts you are wasting all of our time and energy with your rants. I hope you are prepared to eat crow and issue your own apology if it is revealed that indeed someone did deliberately jack up their systems to screw up the presale instead of it being a 10C mistake.

Let's stick to the facts and offer some benefit of the doubt to a band and a club that has given us so much over the years and particularly in the past two years have had lots of work to do.

Now, please everyone - tell me what an idiot I am. I can't wait.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    scubacore wrote:
    Noooooooo I am in shock. I managed to get 4 tickets for Copenhagen on ticketmaster/Billetnet at 10:14. Even have a PDF receipt from 10:14 with the facts. I just went to check my tickets and they are now changed to waiting list. This cannot be right :(
    I hope a call to billetnet tomorrow will solve the problem nut I fear the worse.
    Maybe we can do the police report for ticket scams together. Because I am not letting ticketmaster/Billetnet getting away with this.
    Wow, where do you see that? I just went to check my order as well.

Any chance it's credit card related, maybe your payment got denied or flagged as fraudulent?
  • Options
    I'm not going to call you an idiot, but I will just say that everyone is entitled to their opinions just as you sir, are expressing yours. You happen to be on one extreme end of the spectrum and others may be on the other, so you will never agree with people who are mad at 10c and vice versa, and any attempt at trying to change is futile. Hopefully everyone can respect this and continue to express their opinions without attacking one another.

I guess I'm somewhere in between at the moment in terms of what I think of all this, but I personally don't find it productive to repeatedly complain about something one way or the other, been there, done that, at the end of the day, I just feel miserable.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    scubacore wrote:

Any chance it's credit card related, maybe your payment got denied or flagged as fraudulent?

I just log on to my account and press "Se Ordrer" under "Min Profil" if you use the danish webpage.
    Just checked my internet bank and Billetnet already took 2814Dkr for the 4 tickets.
    Then it says "Pearl Jam - VENTELISTE" and that is waiting list :(
  • Options
    scubacore wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    scubacore wrote:

I just log on to my account and press "Se Ordrer" under "Min Profil" if you use the danish webpage.
    Just checked my internet bank and Billetnet already took 2814Dkr for the 4 tickets.
    Gosh that sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Try calling them? There was number posted somewhere on another thread, and everyone said they were very helpful. At the very least it will help you get clarity on what happened. Good luck, hope it was just a mistake and they will change the wording back, especially since they already charged you for it!!
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Thank you, sir. :)

Tickets to my shows are free, as my performances are an exclusive benefit to 10c members on this board. :D

ssisboy wrote:
    PMSL.

You sir are comedy genius.

And I hate to ask, but where can I buy tickets for your shows???
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Sabotage comes from WITHIN.

Ed "found" Boom while surfing?

...isn't it just a little too convenient that Boom, not only surfs the same remote Hawaii areas, BUT also happens to play keys - the only instrument the band could use while touring? He just happened to be discovered? Maybe he was planted.

...isn't it a little interesting that the pre-sales have been having problems only since he joined almost 10 years ago?

And anyone notice in 2002 that he bought 10,000 shares of ticketmaster? ...maybe he's helping the enemy. ...it's an inside job, today.

5adfd92c18f8f389ffe28abe85f73372
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    pablo5pablo5 Posts: 48

You're not an idiot, you're a fan and you're simply expressing your faith and belief in Pearl Jam.

However, it's also clouding your judgement.

At the very least, Pearl Jam has handed this over to a company whose system is side open to "sabotage."

However, it's worse than that IMO.

They've made a balls of it and can't or won't admit so. The nonsensical sabotage bit is a whole new level of fail though.

It could be worse though, you could be a Metallica fan with a great fanclub having to keep faith in a band that put out Lulu...
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwamCGQU7_s

Just watch this and it will make you feel a lot better, or worse - either way PJ are Legends! :D
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • Options
    pablo5 wrote:

You're not an idiot, you're a fan and you're simply expressing your faith and belief in Pearl Jam.

At the very least, Pearl Jam has handed this over to a company whose system is side open to "sabotage."

They've made a balls of it and can't or won't admit so. The nonsensical sabotage bit is a whole new level of fail though.

It could be worse though, you could be a Metallica fan with a great fanclub having to keep faith in a band that put out Lulu...

Lulu, Backspacer... whatever...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    scubacore wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    scubacore wrote:

You know what, I see that on mine too if I click on "Danish". But if I click on "English" I don't see it. Hmm. So yours didn't have it before in Danish and now it does?

I have my order confirmation, gonna assume it's fine. Maybe I'll see if I can email someone.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    scubacore wrote:

Gosh that sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Try calling them? There was number posted somewhere on another thread, and everyone said they were very helpful. At the very least it will help you get clarity on what happened. Good luck, hope it was just a mistake and they will change the wording back, especially since they already charged you for it!!

They will open the phones again tomorrow at 10 danish time so I will call them there. They have to change them back. Must be a mistake or maybe one of the employes at billetnet or one of their friends needed more tickets. Next step is using my PDF receipt and the money transfer time from my internet bank as evidence and then to contact the police with a claim of ticket scam.
  • Options
    Andy6Andy6 Posts: 14
    Let's stick to the facts and offer some benefit of the doubt to a band and a club that has given us so much over the years and particularly in the past two years have had lots of work to do.

Now, please everyone - tell me what an idiot I am. I can't wait.[/quote]

You are not an idiot, at all. In fact, I'm glad you posted. I was going to jump in earlier, but didn't, worrying over the reply I might get.
    Before I start, though, here is full disclosure: I had no trouble whatsoever in getting tickets for Berlin.
    That being said, I feel like this whole thing is getting a little nuts. This is Pearl Jam, our band--not some big, greedy corporate monster. There was an attempt to do things their way, what they feel is the right way, in a world that is in constant turmoil due to ever changing business models. Is the music industry the same as it was even five years ago? No. Not at all. Pearl Jam has been innovative in their business approach, and tried to maintain integrity while doing so. I think that's why we stick with them, right?
    Was this a screw up of epic scale? Probably.
    But, innovations screw up, a lot, before they become the right thing, the thing that changes it all.
    I recall when BackSpacer came out reading a lot of the same vitriolic commentary about how they chose to sell the album...made as much sense.
    Pearl Jam has always done right by us, the fans. I just feel that suddenly, everyone wants to say they are actively trying to screw us over is an over-reaction.
    If you want to go to Berlin, I just checked--lots of tickets left. And being there is all that really matters.
    Darkness comes in waves...tell me/Why invite it to stay?
    You're one with negativity/Yes, comfort is an energy
    But why let the sad song play?
  • Options
    Andy6 wrote:

You are not an idiot, at all. In fact, I'm glad you posted. I was going to jump in earlier, but didn't, worrying over the reply I might get.
    Before I start, though, here is full disclosure: I had no trouble whatsoever in getting tickets for Berlin.
    That being said, I feel like this whole thing is getting a little nuts. This is Pearl Jam, our band--not some big, greedy corporate monster. There was an attempt to do things their way, what they feel is the right way, in a world that is in constant turmoil due to ever changing business models. Is the music industry the same as it was even five years ago? No. Not at all. Pearl Jam has been innovative in their business approach, and tried to maintain integrity while doing so. I think that's why we stick with them, right?
    Was this a screw up of epic scale? Probably.
    But, innovations screw up, a lot, before they become the right thing, the thing that changes it all.
    I recall when BackSpacer came out reading a lot of the same vitriolic commentary about how they chose to sell the album...made as much sense.
    Pearl Jam has always done right by us, the fans. I just feel that suddenly, everyone wants to say they are actively trying to screw us over is an over-reaction.
    If you want to go to Berlin, I just checked--lots of tickets left. And being there is all that really matters.[/quote]

It's not Pearl Jam, it's the 10c. It's a business out to make money. I think people need to wake up and smell the coffee on the front.
  • Options
    No one has said that Pearl Jam are trying to screw us over.

Stop saying that Berlin tix are still available, you make me almost buy :/
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm not going to call you an idiot, but I will just say that everyone is entitled to their opinions just as you sir, are expressing yours. You happen to be on one extreme end of the spectrum and others may be on the other, so you will never agree with people who are mad at 10c and vice versa, and any attempt at trying to change is futile. Hopefully everyone can respect this and continue to express their opinions without attacking one another.

I guess I'm somewhere in between at the moment in terms of what I think of all this, but I personally don't find it productive to repeatedly complain about something one way or the other, been there, done that, at the end of the day, I just feel miserable.

I'm not sure I'm on any end of a spectrum - my main point is we need all of the facts before we lose our collective minds. Respect...
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    pablo5 wrote:

I dont think my judgement is clouded. I just want more facts before I go berzerk. We the fans don't know what happened. I don't understand the burning need for everyone to get an apology and see Tim grovel before us for forgiveness. I do like the constructive ideas people have suggested like:

- Give us more than 5 days to decide what shows to get

- If there will be a US tour after this and people need to decide which they can afford to attend or make time to get to all the facts would help

- SInce demand dramatically exceeds supply for 10C seats to most every show give us a week to request seats then give them out randomly putting lower member numbers towards the front

How can you conclude that sabotage is nonsense? Sure it's a funny word for it but a computer virus is essentially sabotage conducted by people with a strange desire to fuck things up for everyone. I suppose a huge outfit like Ticketmaster might have better protection against this so-called sabotage but using them unless you absolutely have to is counter to what this band is all about - right? I know this is where my argument has holes considering the public sales are through TM, etc.

At the end of the day the tour is months away and people will get their tickets so let's all chill out and see how this plays out. Shit, I'm not even trying to get tickets - I'm just worn out from this insane over the top reaction. Guess it's time to put on a record and stop reading the boards.

TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    it was those nirvana fans anyway just got 3 tickets from men box office :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    LOL....this is awesome! what a bunch of asswipes....LOL
  • Options
    well this isnt cool.
    Cant they just do the ticket sale again , with ticketmaster?
    or some how get members the chance to get tickets????

Indeed! I really don't understand why they reserve a percentage of tickets for members and keep those out of the general sale? then make them available to us at a later date? it's not rocket science!
    up here in my tree :)
  • Options
    Sabotage? Mmm.... So why be a 10C member now? Come on guys, we still can get our little 20 page brochure and holiday single! But seriously seeing PJ live is a wonderful experience and getting tickets either way (general or presale) to see your beloved band is, for me anyway still a stressful time, until you land um. But if you don't I can see why people are pissed with this whole bullshit saga.
  • Options
    Whoever suggested a lottery system, I think you're dead-on accurate.

Starting Monday at 9 AM PT, and ending Friday at 4:30 PM PT, you can buy a lottery ticket. Lottery tickets cost the same as TWO (2) show tickets.

The lottery drawing is Friday at 5:00 PM PT. If you do not win the lottery, your credit card will not be charged. You may enter the lotteries of as many shows as you wish to go to. As previously said, if you do not win any lotteries, your CC will not be charged at all.

Early entry into lottery does NOT guarantee a better chance of winning. Likewise, late entry into lottery is not a lesser chance of winning. For example, if you enter the lottery on Monday afternoon, you have the SAME EXACT CHANCE of winning as someone who enters on Friday afternoon.

If anything, this would mean a significantly-decreased chance of hacking, and it would also mean that European and Asian Pearl Jam fans wouldn't have to stay up until all hours of the night to F5 their screen 300 times in a row.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"