Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    For those that got lucky and managed to get presale tickets, is the purchase meant to show in your order history in the goods sections or is the confirmation from crowdsurge all you get at the moment?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Whoever suggested a lottery system, I think you're dead-on accurate.

Starting Monday at 9 AM PT, and ending Friday at 4:30 PM PT, you can buy a lottery ticket. Lottery tickets cost the same as TWO (2) show tickets.

The lottery drawing is Friday at 5:00 PM PT. If you do not win the lottery, your credit card will not be charged. You may enter the lotteries of as many shows as you wish to go to. As previously said, if you do not win any lotteries, your CC will not be charged at all.

Early entry into lottery does NOT guarantee a better chance of winning. Likewise, late entry into lottery is not a lesser chance of winning. For example, if you enter the lottery on Monday afternoon, you have the SAME EXACT CHANCE of winning as someone who enters on Friday afternoon.

If anything, this would mean a significantly-decreased chance of hacking, and it would also mean that European and Asian Pearl Jam fans wouldn't have to stay up until all hours of the night to F5 their screen 300 times in a row.

Have to agree. This seems like the best way to fix the problem, IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Fu Manchu wrote:
    For those that got lucky and managed to get presale tickets, is the purchase meant to show in your order history in the goods sections or is the confirmation from crowdsurge all you get at the moment?
    I've got the email confirmation, but they're not showing up under my order history here.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795

Starting Monday at 9 AM PT, and ending Friday at 4:30 PM PT, you can buy a lottery ticket. Lottery tickets cost the same as TWO (2) show tickets.

The lottery drawing is Friday at 5:00 PM PT. If you do not win the lottery, your credit card will not be charged. You may enter the lotteries of as many shows as you wish to go to. As previously said, if you do not win any lotteries, your CC will not be charged at all.

Early entry into lottery does NOT guarantee a better chance of winning. Likewise, late entry into lottery is not a lesser chance of winning. For example, if you enter the lottery on Monday afternoon, you have the SAME EXACT CHANCE of winning as someone who enters on Friday afternoon.

If anything, this would mean a significantly-decreased chance of hacking, and it would also mean that European and Asian Pearl Jam fans wouldn't have to stay up until all hours of the night to F5 their screen 300 times in a row.

Please baby jesus, tell me this is a joke and not official 10c policy.
  • Options
    Got a confirmation e-mail from crowdsurge. And the transaction is in the order history in the crowdsurge account.
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    RE4790 wrote:

Please baby jesus, tell me this is a joke and not official 10c policy.

for this to work i think local fans would have to get first shout, definatly in europe,

however i do't think this is the best system, just the easiest
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 727

lottery is good... it's how DMB has always done it... but i have always preferred 10c ticketing.

this was obviously REALLY unfortunate for everyone... those who think the 10c is lying... well.. whatever... it's amazing to me how many PJ fans seem to kind of suck...

hopefully they will figure out something new for the US Tour this summer! 8-)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

lottery is good... it's how DMB has always done it... but i have always preferred 10c ticketing.

this was obviously REALLY unfortunate for everyone... those who think the 10c is lying... well.. whatever... it's amazing to me how many PJ fans seem to kind of suck...

Other things seem to suck too...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    satansbed wrote:

for this to work i think local fans would have to get first shout, definatly in europe,

How on Earth is this easier than using Ticketmaster with the current rules?
  • Options
    "it's amazing to me how many PJ fans seem to kind of suck..."

Maybe not suck ... maybe just impatient and quick to anger ... but still, nice to hear a voice of reason in all this madness :D

"hopefully they will figure out something new for the US Tour this summer! 8-)"

Forget the US Tour - it's us in Europe who need to feel the love! :lol:
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

Well. Some things might not been said. Like urs "amazing to me how many PJ fans seem to kind of suck"
    I totally understand the frustration. When you sit for 2 days doing nothing else than wait for a bone. If someone just said "go to bed, were sorry" at once. 80% of the posts wouldnt be here.
    If it's a good cause, I'll play just about anything.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Most users ever online @ 10c was 1,608 on Mon May 23, 2011 1:27....only 1,608!!!...seems to me, that in 2011 it should be VERY easy to support 10x that many people at a given time...can't understand why 10c can't get this right. If they don't want to invest in a State of the Art Server for the 350 days a year that it WOULDN"T be needed, I UNDERSTAND! But, it seems like they could RENT some extra servers for when they have a big sale...(Tickets, merch,etc). They could order them weeks in advance of the sale & stress test them to assure that they would hold up. I'm guessing that this HAD to have been discussed by 10c before now & that I just don't understand the in & outs of this endeavor. Please tell me that is whats going on & explain why, if that is the case. My 2cents
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    RE4790 wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

How on Earth is this easier than using Ticketmaster with the current rules?

don't have to deal with an outside company, whose rules could be restrictive onproviding the best tickets, cost more, more paperwork etc

to know truely which is best it would mean carrying out a strategic review, something that i can't do right now due to lack of information but something i would reccommend to the 10c

personally i think they should look at bringing in someone from the outside with a strong business backround to carry out a review and see how the 10c could improve its systems in order to improve service to the fans and customer service. we can post and hypothesise all we wan't but because we can't have the full information then we can't know what would be the best system for the the fans, 10c, and moneterily, preferably in that order

i am also expecting an apology along the lines of this ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeP6CpUnfc0
  • Options
    Av268725Av268725 Krommenie, Netherlands Posts: 20
    Yesterday I scored 2 standing tickets for Stockholm. I was just watching on the Live Nation website to see or it was realy sold out. For the first one who reads this and wants to go to Stockholm: :o:o:oI WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE TWO STANDING TICKETS!!!!!
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    On a selfish note, I managed to get 2 seats for MEN (always go GA but decided to get a different view). Does this mean that the best seats that were allocated to 10c will be held back for us that got tickets eg if only half block of seats needed will the higher rows be the ones handed back for the general sale?
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    A very very dissapointing non solution, why not go presale via the live nation site?!?!? Even my american express card gets me better pre sales deals for concerts than this...
    This club needs new management!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    WASTID wrote:
    On a selfish note, I managed to get 2 seats for MEN (always go GA but decided to get a different view). Does this mean that the best seats that were allocated to 10c will be held back for us that got tickets eg if only half block of seats needed will the higher rows be the ones handed back for the general sale?

Was wondering that as well. Or do I try the general sale in case there are some really good seats that may be better than with 10C?
  • Options
    'how you going to survive and not piss people off?' well......figure it out....your fans aren't asking for the world but as we get older it would have been cool to have dibs on Euro tour.....thanks for the wristband! Right. PJ20 and now this.
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
  • Options
    Standing tickets for MEN just scored via Ticketmaster general sale. They were available at about 8.58. Tried to get more at 9.02 -- all gone.

Obviously very happy but that doesn't change my irritation with 10C. It shouldn't have come to this.
  • Options
    Standing was sold out almost instantly.
    I managed to get two seated tickets for my Dad and I - the worst tickets in the house. Thanks 10C.
    What an absolute waste of money my 10C subscription is..
  • Options
    Well, managed to get one seat, somewhere near the car park

And my security words for ticketmaster ... ?

'Sabotgae' and 'Aploogy'.

Bizzare
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    BellaBella Posts: 120
    Got standing for Manchester! looks like still available. Best of luck!
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • Options
    No_WayNo_Way Posts: 19
    I have not been sleeping properly in over 3 days...I take the morning off work so I can buy tickets through livenation for the manchester show...sold out in 6 minutes and NO tickets for me.

I am very very frustrated and a bit sad right now...I am going to try for the amsterdam show tomorrow and hope for the best
  • Options
    Gone! Fantastic, that's a total downer. And all those damn middlemen sites. Think all the tickets should be bought back or confiscated and resold at face value.
    Sorry, sore loser.
  • Options
    FahFah Posts: 12
    Got through bang on 9AM to be told no tickets. Sick, absolutley sick. Ten Club have a lot to answer for. Refund please
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000 - Aug 23, 2006 - Jun 22, 2010
    S.E.C.C. - Jun 03, 2000
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 04, 2000 - Aug 17, 2009 - Jun 20, 2012 - Jun 21, 2012
    Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000
    PalaMalaguti - Sep 14, 2006 - Palaisozaki - Sep 19, 2006
    Duomo Square - Sep 20, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007 - Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Werchter Festival - Jul 04, 2010
    Ziggo Dome - Jun 26,2012
  • Options
    ricjoricjo Posts: 15
    I’ve just willingly let seats for Manchester go. Both times I got them, was awarded what were clearly the worst seats in the house. I’ve been a 10C member since early/mid nineties and am bitterly disappointed and upset with the way I and all 10C members (regardless of their seniority) have been treated. Therefore, I am boycotting the gig and prefer not to go, after all that’s happened. I think it’s a huge disrespect to all loyal fans to have them stuck at the back of any show, whilst touters out there somehow have access to what should’ve been 10C tickets.

If this ever happens again, I swear I will not set foot at another Pearl Jam show ever or, alternatively, will cancel /not renew my 10C membership with immediate effect.

Congrats to those that actually were able to get decent ticks via general sale.
  • Options
    Very disapopinting managed a poor upper tier ticket for Manchester from the venue presale but failed miserably to get a standing ticket via any website
  • Options
    I never even got through. Put in the code and got a sorry message, some sort of issue. Then finally got accepted and nothing left... gutted.
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    edited December 2011
    Got tickets this morning, but they are right at back near the top. Wanted 10club reserved seating which usually provides awesome seats. Extremely pissed off that the only reason I pay £40 a year to the fan club is for presale tickets!

I could say at least I got tickets, but that isn't the point. If the website was sabotaged similar to an instance previously then the alarm bell should have rung earlier than 28 hours. I only hope that they learn from this and improve for the future , if this happens again I can't be arsed with wasting a large chunk of my time (more time than actually travelling and watching the gig) agonising over tickets.
    Post edited by Chumfatty on
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!