Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    At this point, I actually think this was the best way to do it...word spreads through the fan base and on here and it takes MUCH longer for scalpers to catch the scent and buy up all the tickets....some people will still unfortunately get the short end of the stick, but considering the ticketing system they had setup failed miserably, there werent too many options to explore at this point (right now)

Obviously the whole process needs a complete makeover, but if they gave advanced notice even with a presale, i guarantee more GOOD tickets would end up on the secondary market than they will now.
  • Options
    ThunbingHisWayThunbingHisWay Amsterdam Posts: 124
    Nice. And I didn't mean to come across as a douche in that post, but I feel like people here are really making this harder than it needs to be.

What was the most successful 10c pre-sale of the last few years? The Canada 2011 pre-sale on Ticketmaster. That worked really well and the motivations that keep people coming back to the 10c after all these problems (multi-show ticket buys, seniority, etc.) were left intact. That is a simple change that has been proven to work. Why not do that? Why not go with what you know works and put these years of ugliness behind us?

And one more thing while I am logged in... no one is entitled to go to a particular PJ show. Just because it's across the street from your flat doesn't mean that you deserve to there any more than someone from India or Japan or where-ever. Equality and fairness in ticketing in a globalized world means that everyone should be treated equally regardless of which side of an imaginary line they happen to be on. Sometimes this causes distortions because of class differences, and the rich will have more opportunity to see shows because they can afford global travel, but just because some fans can afford a plane ticket doesn't make them less deserving of attending a show than someone who can take a train or a bus to that show. Every fan globally should have equal access to every show global, no special treatment. That's what's fair and I hope the 10c keeps that policy going.[/quote]

=============================================================================================

I disagree about every fan should globally have the same access to any concert..

I mean it's not fair that for instant U.S. fans (who can see Pearl Jam like 10 times as much as european or australian fans for instance, just because of the fact that P.J. obvious play loads more concerts and much more frequently in the U.S. (or Canada)..) have the same chance to see Pearl Jam play in lets say Stockholm than someone from Sweden.. just because they have the money to travel all over the world.... think of all the fans that just don't have the means and money to see them just anywhere... then finaly they play in their neighbouhood.. and mr rich guy who has seen them probably 20+ times already comes flyng over from the States and can see them for the 25th time or so.. just because he was lucky to get tickets in an "online ticket lottery sale"...it's just not right imo..
  • Options
    sensisensi Posts: 73
    Well I think it's a clever move...not to announce the date with an official announcement...that way when word gets round (as it has done) there's more of a chance for actual fans to get tickets before the detestable people buy them all up for profit.

I know it's a swings and roundabout kind of situation but if you think about it then it's quite a clever move...hopefully an extra date means most fans get to stand or sit where they want without being fleeced by some unscrupulous scrote out to bleed them dry.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    You're telling me that no one in Pearl Jam's camp know a second show was added? Come on...

There are many, many simple ways to get this news out. Wake up, post a FB message, go bac kto bed. Takes 3 minutes tops. Tweet, same thing. as for the site itself, it's really easy to set a release time on a website. they could have had the news drop at a specific time in the "News" feed and that would be fine...

I understand this, really, I do...I would be extremely ticked if I missed out on these and was planning to go...BUT...this was intentionally done to actually avoid another ticket failure and get as many tickets into true fans as possible (even though there will be people who missed the opportunity)

It was the best choice at THIS time...clearly they need to get back to the drawing board for the next presale.
  • Options
    Now we wait for Berlin night 2 before 04.07. That would make a hell of a news.

Still so lucky to score Amsterdam + Berlin on the preseale.
    Chorzów 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010
    AMSTERDAM 2012, BERLIN 2012 !!!
  • Options
    It would be really nice for Pearl Jam to send out a notification (email, tweet, FB post, carrier pigeon) for this second show before it sells out...you know, because it's their fan club and all...
    They're surely asleep (it is 5.41am in Seattle).
    Second shows are usually added in this way as far as I know. Same happened for 2nd night at Wembley in 2000 as far as I remember.
    and in Katowice (Poland).. 2000 as well.
  • Options
    VazzaVazza Posts: 7
    Just bagged 3 standing tickets for Manchester on 21st - no dramas at all.

Get there now http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/pearl-jam-tickets

The whole Ten Club thing was a fiasco. I can't believe Ten Club are now doing the age old trick of announcing gigs and then letting more dates leak out later. Such an old marketing tool which I hate.

PJ have been in this business for 20+ years and I can't belive they'd like what has occurred the past few days.
  • Options
    BellaBella Posts: 120
    Nights one and two here we come! :D
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • Options
    sensisensi Posts: 73
    Blimey aren't we a cynical bunch :?

We're all here for one reason...Pearl Jam...they have toured tirelessly since their emergence and continue to provide excellent gig after excellent gig...not many bands can say that these days...they've been through ups and downs but they're still together putting our wants and needs first (mostly) like middle aged parents still putting their adult kids first...you can't please everyone all the time and yes, it stinks what happened on Tuesday but the Tenclub have tried to make things better.

They can't win for losing can they?...they're damned if they do and damned if they don't...I'm not saying the way they've handled this has been great, because it hasn't, but I don't feel that one or two ticket sale problems can take from the many years of service they've provided...everyone deserves to be forgiven a minor fuck up at least twice I think.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    scribblechapscribblechap Manchester, England Posts: 13
    Man O Man! What a few days!

From being desperately disappointed on Wednesday (and I see both sides of the argument on this) to being made up about being able to see PJ 2 nights on the bounce, once sitting and once standing.

It's rubbish that Crowdsurge died - and whether or not any "sabotage" took place, people were rightly disappointed that the system and the process failed. If 10C want to make it up to us with free bootlegs of the Euro tour, or at least some concession to people's inconvenience, then that'd be a nice touch!

However, for the people that didn't have any success with the presale, I desperately hope that today worked out right - although the 10C presale didn't work, I wouldn't have got tickets without the 10C messageboards. Big applause for all the contributors on here keeping the faith and sharing the message.

No, the band won't be happy with the way things turned out, but the community kicked in and solved problems for a number of people.

For anyone still unable to get tickets - if I hear of anything, then I'll be on here in a flash to pass them on.

Have an awesome Christmas, guys 'n' gals.
  • Options
    In the US if they add shows to a tour, everyone gets a heads-up on the site plenty of time in advance. Why not here?

In the aftermath of probably the biggest PR disaster in the band's history, they had the perfect opportunity make amends, to bandage the wound. Instead, they rub salt in it.This is utterly disgraceful.

Well done, everyone who was lucky enough to be online and grab tickets while they could. I picked a bad time to look away from the screen.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    OjayOjay Posts: 6
    CloudDog23 for primeminister!!
    Standing tickets for me and the crew for the Thursday night. YEAH BOY!!!
  • Options
    OjayOjay Posts: 6
    [quote="scribblechap"No, the band won't be happy with the way things turned out, but the community kicked in and solved problems for a number of people.[/quote]

Fuck yeah!!
  • Options
    Just seen this too late to get standing for night 2 sadly.

Will be looking for one spare if anybody has one, pm me thanks!
  • Options
    if anyone is looking to sell/ exchange/ part exchange 2X Berlin standing tickets, I've got 2X standing tickets for both the Manchester shows...really need to get my hands on Berlin standing tickets! It's a matter of life and misery! :)

Regards,

Jamie.
    You can't spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets - you can't come to terms and realize you're the only one who can forgive yourself - it makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Leeds Festival - 25/08/2006, London O2 - 18/08/2009. London Hyde Park - 25/06/2010...upcoming... Manchester MEN - 20/06/2012, Manchester MEN - 21/06/2012 :)
  • Options
    Aren't Berlin tix personalized?
  • Options
    ah, nightmare... Not so good! ho hum! :(
    You can't spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets - you can't come to terms and realize you're the only one who can forgive yourself - it makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Leeds Festival - 25/08/2006, London O2 - 18/08/2009. London Hyde Park - 25/06/2010...upcoming... Manchester MEN - 20/06/2012, Manchester MEN - 21/06/2012 :)
  • Options
    ...I've found a few people trying to sell their Berlin tickets online...are they trying to pull a fast one, or is there a way to get around the personalized ticket situation?

• Options
    I don't know. It sucks a little bit. I get that the prices are high anyway and it is some way to cut off the scalpers, but then again - my buddy has little kids and doesn't know if he'll be able to go. In another situation such people would be able to book tix and then resell them for face value.

Ah, just complaining. There is no perfect solution I guess.
  • Options
    Berlin tickets are definitely personalized - mine have my wife and I's names on them
  • Options
    TineTine Posts: 13
    I think if you sell or buy tickets through the tickets.de ticket exchange (http://pearljam.tickets.de/en/customer/ticketbox), they take care of the personalization issue as well.
  • Options
    ah, that's not good...really wanted to get Berlin tickets,even at inflated prices!

Thanks for your help though folks...I would have felt even worse if I had bought the tickets only to find out they are invalid! I've emailed tickets.de to see what they say about it, but I'm not holding my breath! Ah well, looks like the girlfriend will miss out! :(

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Rossum20 wrote:
    At this point, I actually think this was the best way to do it...word spreads through the fan base and on here and it takes MUCH longer for scalpers to catch the scent and buy up all the tickets....some people will still unfortunately get the short end of the stick, but considering the ticketing system they had setup failed miserably, there werent too many options to explore at this point (right now)

Obviously the whole process needs a complete makeover, but if they gave advanced notice even with a presale, i guarantee more GOOD tickets would end up on the secondary market than they will now.
    :lol:
    first I heard of it was an email from a ticket agency, so I can guarantee you the scalpers knew about it before any one of us!
  • Options
    So having been a 10C member and forking out my $50 annual subscription to get pre sale ticket opportunities, I found that laike many others I was left "supposedly sabotaged".

So had to join the general public who hadn't paid $50 to try and get a ticket for Manchester and surprise surpirse all the standing tickets (the only way to see a band) had gone.

So I had to resort to a bona fide agent paying £10 per ticket more than my 10C membership would have cost me.Then only to find out that a second date had been added - no notice to 10c members regarding this, no pre sale opportunity.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Okay a get to see PJ again and will enjoy every second of the experience AS ALWAYS (probably go back for 2nd night as well).

But 10C and Pearl Jam sort this out, $50 for nothing this year!
  • Options
    ...I've found a few people trying to sell their Berlin tickets online...are they trying to pull a fast one, or is there a way to get around the personalized ticket situation?

There is a facility on tickets.de to change names for a fee of 5 euro. Assuming thats where you got them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    TezTez Posts: 7
    So having been a 10C member and forking out my $50 annual subscription to get pre sale ticket opportunities, I found that laike many others I was left "supposedly sabotaged".

So had to join the general public who hadn't paid $50 to try and get a ticket for Manchester and surprise surpirse all the standing tickets (the only way to see a band) had gone.

So I had to resort to a bona fide agent paying £10 per ticket more than my 10C membership would have cost me.Then only to find out that a second date had been added - no notice to 10c members regarding this, no pre sale opportunity.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Okay a get to see PJ again and will enjoy every second of the experience AS ALWAYS (probably go back for 2nd night as well).

But 10C and Pearl Jam sort this out, $50 for nothing this year!

My thoughts exactly, I may be going two nights in a row now, Suppose same as I had to pay per ticket last time they were in Manchester!

I think most people would be happy with at least being kept informed.
  • Options
    malcmalc Posts: 5
    I think they've been quite cute by simply letting it out via places like this....as most people on here are 10C subscribers. Or am I being naive and its another faux pas?
  • Options
    When 2nd shows are added in this manner it's usually because there is an agreement to add a 2nd show if tickets to the 1st show sell out within a certain time. I don't remember if they've ever mentioned the possibility of a 2nd show being added beforehand (I think they may have in 1 or 2 cases) but it's definitely not something bands normally do. However, it would have been nice to let fans know about the possibility in this instance seeing as how the pre-sale went so badly. Even if it was just an e-mail sent out last night saying it was possible that a 2nd show could be added but they didn't know for sure and didn't have a set on-sale time.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Now we wait for Berlin night 2 before 04.07. That would make a hell of a news.

Still so lucky to score Amsterdam + Berlin on the preseale.

Same here! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Got Manchester tickets thanks to Joe, I think his username on here is Monkeywrench. The guy is a hero. Amazing how 10clubbers rally around together. Can't wait for Manchester now! Although the whole fiasco has left a bitter taste.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.