Options

Europe 2012 Ticket Pre-sale Update

Comments

• Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    icemanap wrote:
    I think the higher management of the band have to take a long look at themselves over this.

The haves have not a clue

At least we can all console ourselves with our nice 10C tshirts! :D

Wooo yeah. T-shirts. I am expecting a free download of the gig as compensation......
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the band go back to the way we used to get tickets? Actually go to the venue, or a specified shop and purchase them there. As 10C members we can get a code or some such thing which allows us to go a couple of days earlier than everybody else, and means fans in the specific country get first option too. I've been going to shows for years and always used to manage to get tickets until the introduction of the internet. Now people and bands alike are just willing to rip off the fans desperate to see and hear the music they love. One other thing, surely the bands in conjunction with eBay and all those middlemen sites can get rid of the hugely inflated prices and prevent the poor average joe who wants to see them getting ripped off. Or do they truly not give a crap about the 'proper' fans.
    Disappointed, thought these guys were slightly different, guess it really does just boil down to money at the end of the day.

I think the mail-in/index card system naturally resulted in more manual labor for the 10 Club, so it was dropped once the internet option was thought to be viable.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    meme wrote:
    sarahcunny wrote:
    AL262927 wrote:
    I'm really sorry to everyone who got screwed out of getting 10C tix.

However, I am curious to hear from those who did get tickets.

(I got in, waited in an online 'que' and had my tickets by about 7:20--I live in Istanbul, so I am GMT+2.
    I had NO problem at all, once I finally could get into the Crowdsurge's system...one pair for Berlin)

SO, this isn't trying to rile anybody up, but for those who did get tix--are we all good?

BTW, I just looked at a few of the online outlets and tickets seem to be pretty easy to buy right now...

I managed to get 2 standing tix for manchester after about 45 mins, but i did have 2 laptops on the go and just kept refreshing the both. i've checked, and double checked by crowdsurge account and the tix are there and monies have left my account, so hopefully i can relax now...

feel terrible for all the guys that tried and tried to no avail. :(

I got seated tickets for Manchester in less than a minute. My first credit card was declined, and I had the leisure to pay with a second one. The only explanation I have was Chrome and the fact that I only had one pair, so it took me less time and the charge on my card was not too high. And the fact that I had good karma after multiple days spending 4+ hours in anguish in front of a computer hitting refresh in the last 5 years. Yes, sabotages of the 10C purchase system date back at least five years :roll:

'just wanted to echo the point made in the last sentence above. Based on other posts I've read, it appears that some fans point to the Alpine Valley weekend as the starting point for this reprehensible disregard for people's personal time, which is not accurate. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    BF89905 wrote:
    Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the band go back to the way we used to get tickets? Actually go to the venue, or a specified shop and purchase them there. As 10C members we can get a code or some such thing which allows us to go a couple of days earlier than everybody else, and means fans in the specific country get first option too. I've been going to shows for years and always used to manage to get tickets until the introduction of the internet. Now people and bands alike are just willing to rip off the fans desperate to see and hear the music they love. One other thing, surely the bands in conjunction with eBay and all those middlemen sites can get rid of the hugely inflated prices and prevent the poor average joe who wants to see them getting ripped off. Or do they truly not give a crap about the 'proper' fans.
    Disappointed, thought these guys were slightly different, guess it really does just boil down to money at the end of the day.

I think the mail-in/index card system naturally resulted in more manual labor for the 10 Club, so it was dropped once the internet option was thought to be viable.

and because post is slow and unreliable, while the internet is fast and unreliable, id take the internet over it, but instead of mailing in we could email
  • Options
    TBibby wrote:
    skanji32 wrote:
    Say sorry 10c.

A big percentage of people are pissed off more regarding your arrogance than the deed/incompetence itself.

Just. Say. Sorry.

Never gonna happen. The only words you get from them is "Please follow the posting guidelines".

With apologies, Ten Club
    they do, it's in the update on the site ??
    Rotterdam '93 - Amsterdam '96 - Hamburg '96 - Landgraaf '00 - Arnhem '06 - Antwerp '06 - Paris '06 -
    Berlin '06 - London '07 - Nijmegen '07 - Rotterdam '09 - Manchester '09 - London '09 - London '10 - Berlin '10 - Manchester '12 -Manchester '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Amsterdam '12 - Copenhagen '12 - Amsterdam '14 - Amsterdam '14 - Berlin '14 - Leeds '14 - Milton keynes '14
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    mh210105 wrote:
    Please? Somebody help me? What links or sites have you been using?

there was the 10c presale on Tuesday that we all know about. :roll:

then there was an O2 'priority' presale at 12:00 on Wednesday. no idea how many tickets there were available there but i managed to get one after being given the login details for an O2 account from a very nice person ;)

this morning, apparently, there was a Livenation presale. i think you just needed to register/signup with Livenation beforehand to get access to that.

tomorrow it's the general sale with Livenation at 09:00.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    the past couple of days have been depressing

but this might put a mile on peoples faces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... iDTufRNL10
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    jrd wrote:
    mh210105 wrote:

then there was an O2 'priority' presale at 12:00 on Wednesday. no idea how many tickets there were available there but i managed to get one after being given the login details for an O2 account from a very nice person ;)

this morning, apparently, there was a Livenation presale. i think you just needed to register/signup with Livenation beforehand to get access to that.

In other words, I'm screwed....... :cry: Coz I'm at work 54 hours in the next 4 days, I won't even get a look in for the general sale tomorrow. Best get bidding and looking for the least way to get fleeced. Thanks anyway.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    mh210105 wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    mh210105 wrote:

In other words, I'm screwed....... :cry: Coz I'm at work 54 hours in the next 4 days, I won't even get a look in for the general sale tomorrow. Best get bidding and looking for the least way to get fleeced. Thanks anyway.

your better off waiting around here and getting spares, there will be loads left around, there always is
  • Options
    Man I really feel sorry for all you guys, but god damn The first page had me in tears almost from laughing so hard :lol::lol: ..

Anyway I gave up on 10c years ago when it came to getting good tix.
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:

your better off waiting around here and getting spares, there will be loads left around, there always is

when there has been a full out 10C sale yes, where people have to buy 2 tix.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:

when there has been a full out 10C sale yes, where people have to buy 2 tix.

still i think patience is your best bet rather than running off spending money on scalpers when A their prices will come own, and B people on the boards will have spares at face, people end up not being able to go, friends drop out, it happens all the time
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    10c banks on one thing...the furor will pass...
    ...it did with Alpine Valley mess...
    ...it did with the Canada ticket mess...
    ....it did with the BluRay mess...
    ...it will with the Europe mess...
    ...10c banks on us being pissed off on days like today and then incrememently get less vocal with time.

Sure tickets aren't promised, but the consistent failures without accountability or apology is acceptable. This year more than any other.

Maybe it's time for a greater action? Like legal action of some sort?
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Haven't been able to skim through all 25 pages, so has there been any further word from 10C on whether we should be concerned about credit card and personal information? It boggles the mind that in that carefully vetted statement yesterday there was not a single mention of what information of ours may have been compromised.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    JimmyV wrote:
    Haven't been able to skim through all 25 pages, so has there been any further word from 10C on whether we should be concerned about credit card and personal information? It boggles the mind that in that carefully vetted statement yesterday there was not a single mention of what information of ours may have been compromised.

Was wondering about that. Looking for a sticky thread or an update to this but no "official" word yet. Man, this shit is getting out of hand. :(
  • Options
    I havent walked my dog in three days, shes getting frustated now :problem: , and the kids are eating pizza for the past three days, no complaint there :lol: , I hope things can go back to normal tomorow morning !!!
    There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    pjgatto wrote:
    I havent walked my dog in three days, shes getting frustated now :problem: , and the kids are eating pizza for the past three days, no complaint there :lol: , I hope things can go back to normal tomorow morning !!!

Pizza for 3 day's? Mama mia!!! :shock: My kind of parenting. :D
    Least they are not getting Kraft Dinner. Man I got sick of that stuff.
  • Options
    Thought I would restate my offer of a spare 10c seated ticket for Manchester as I see people are suffering at the hands of the general sale looking for Manchester tickets.
    28/10/1996 - Wembley Arena, London
    20/06/2012 + 21/06/2012 - Manchester Arena
    07/07/2012 - Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm
    30/07/2012 + 31/07/2012 - EV solo - Hammersmith Apollo, London
    08/07/2014 - First Direct Arena - Leeds
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JimmyV wrote:

In one of the threads, someone posted that Crowdsurge said no information has been compromised.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    AAdlerPAAdlerP London UK Posts: 6
    Even though, I have waited around for days
    Oh, they don’t know how frustrated I am
    Someday soon, they will sure apologize
    Apologize, Apologize…..

still see this evil red message from crowdsurge in front of me, it will haunt me for days to come, and tomorrow morning I shall hope again when manchester goes on sale. then whatever happened , the nightmare will be over. still hoping for an appropriate response from 10c - so far it's not even close to good enough....
    Berlin, Germany 03-11-1996 London, Hyde Park UK 25-11- 2010 Manchester, UK 20-06- 2012 Berlin, Germany 04 -07-2012
    London Hammersmith 31-07-2012 (EV) Berlin, Germany 26-06-2014 Leeds, UK 08-07-2014 Milton Keynes, UK 11-07-2014
    Chicago Wrigley Field 20-08-2016
  • Options
    LKPJ1991LKPJ1991 Kent, England Posts: 12
    Just feel totally let down and disappointed with the whole situation. Each time PJ tour in the UK its a frickin nightmare to get tickets but this year really tops it.. Think the way its been handled is disgusting.. at least own up to the fact that the servers couldnt cope... Sabotage??? Yeh right... seriously considering not renewing now.. - first time ive thought about this in 20 years.. dont mind a bit of honesty now again.. c'mon Tim, be upfront about it... Crowdsurge was your way to help the fans, it failed. end of. rant over. :cry:
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me..
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    pjgatto wrote:

Pizza for 3 day's? Mama mia!!! :shock: My kind of parenting. :D
    Least they are not getting Kraft Dinner. Man I got sick of that stuff.
    sad enough, i have them in the cupboard for emmergencies, like a Neil Young Europen Tour :lol:
    Than meets the eye.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

In one of the threads, someone posted that Crowdsurge said no information has been compromised.

Thanks. At least Crowd Surge was sharp enough to know what the first question on customers' minds would be.

• Options
    pjgatto wrote:

Walk that poor puppy!

• Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132

Indeed. I wish I could get my tickets without computer like in the old good times. Wouldn't mind to queue.Now I have a horrible headache from spending so much time in front of my PC and still don't have any tickets.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    pjgatto wrote:

Walk that poor puppy!
    shes getting a walk tonite, and i if get my manchester standing ticks, a big bone for xmas :D
    Than meets the eye.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    Wont somebody think of the doggies???!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Don't worry. Jesse Ventura's on the case. So far it looks like an inside job. Someone may have used thermite paint to take down the servers. He was a Navy SEAL so you have to believe what he says.

group.jpg
  • Options
    If there are any USA fans in need of a ticket to Amsterdam let me know (can arrange payment through PM). I will try to get floor tickets for Amsterdam and i could try to get a few extra tickets (no garantuee for 10C wristbands as i already managed to get 10C tickets in the pre sale).
  • Options
    gordokgordok Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    I've been a member of tenclub for a long time, 15yrs+, missed a couple of years due to financial issues, but honestly tried to find the money to renew every year.

I've struggled through multiple site crashes, last-ditch attempts on a 3rd or 4th pre-sale opportunity, dived into general ticket sales, organised ticket trades for myself and my own spares to others who missed out to touts. This year I sat in front of the site for 5 hours trying to get PJ20 tickets the first night and despite the absolute shambles of an experience, was delighted enough by getting them on day 2 that all was forgiven. Having travelled from the UK just to be there, the thoughts of 2-3 days of stress and frustration were banished by the gig.

The main reason I was ok with this is that I genuinely felt that tenclub were interested about the experience of Pearl Jam fans in some small way, that they actually cared that we followed the band. I don't know why, maybe its the community here for which I have been a long-time relative lurker.

That's changed with this pathetic, condescending and downright insulting attempt to pass off responsibility to an unseen entity for the continued frustration of trying to get tickets as a fully paid up member of the fan-club, and experience which can only be described as less fun than a surprise sandpaper enema.

Just apologise to us, ffs! Admit that once again you've been poorly prepared, stretched and maybe even under-resourced and we'd accept that. But feeding us G-dubya lines like this sabotage excuse is an inexcusable attempt to pass the buck, to blame the other guy, to pit the community against an invisible foe. You may as well declare me unpatriotic to the Pearl Jam nation for making this post and be done with it.

My membership is up in January. For the first time, I am honestly planning not to renew.
    Post edited by gordok on