24/7 RANGERS /FLYERS..RANGERS WIN WINTER CLASSIC!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i love how these ranger/flyers conversations always end up in the same spot. :lol:

i'm going back to the Flyers thread....you Rangers fan stay out. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    i love how these ranger/flyers conversations always end up in the same spot. :lol:

Where...that the Flyers suck? :P
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Where...that the Flyers suck? :P

nah...the fact that they haven't had a goalie in decades :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Lowest rated Winter Classic ever
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

shame people missed a good game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Maybe becasue it wasn't truly on New Year's Day.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    DS1119 wrote:
    What I'm saying is if you win these games now, late season games don't need to be pressure cookers where a team is fighting for the playoffs. I'm still steaming that you called me fradulent. :evil:

Funny, in recent Flyers history the teams that clawed into the playoffs (2008 & 2010) went to the Semifinals and Finals, while the teams that got in easily (2009 & 2011) were done in the 1st & 2nd rounds. All that matters is that you're one of the 8 teams that gets in. As Fixer said, even home ice doesn't mean shit anymore; I am finally convinced of that.

home ice means absolutely nothing. I actually prefer the flyers starting playoff series on the road.

it's all about getting/staying healthy going into the playoffs. that is by far the most important thing
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Maybe becasue it wasn't truly on New Year's Day.

Probably, still...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i gotta admit...if the Flyers weren't in it, i wouldn't have watched it.

i have no need for the winter classic. it sucks watching a hockey game in a non hockey facility.

going forward they should at least wait to start the game after sun set. the lighting was horrible in the first.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I enjoyed it
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    What I'm saying is if you win these games now, late season games don't need to be pressure cookers where a team is fighting for the playoffs. I'm still steaming that you called me fradulent. :evil:

Funny, in recent Flyers history the teams that clawed into the playoffs (2008 & 2010) went to the Semifinals and Finals, while the teams that got in easily (2009 & 2011) were done in the 1st & 2nd rounds. All that matters is that you're one of the 8 teams that gets in. As Fixer said, even home ice doesn't mean shit anymore; I am finally convinced of that.

home ice means absolutely nothing. I actually prefer the flyers starting playoff series on the road.

it's all about getting/staying healthy going into the playoffs. that is by far the most important thing

You have never played hockey then have you? I don't mean this is a derogatory manner either but there are so many advantages the home team has that I'm not sure fans who haven't played realize.
    When you make the playoffs consistently and win series you accumulate great moments in your franchise history that you can look back on, like the Keith Primeau 5OT goal and the Boston 3-0 double comeback. Those weren't championships but they sure were fun. When your franchise's greatest moment in the century is beating the Thrashers in the playoffs, I'd say you've had a rough time.

the ECF vs tampa (primeau and gagne goals) was incredible as well

as was being in attendance for giroux's OT winner in the SCF

out of the 4 philly pro teams the flyers have given me more heartache than the other 3 combined. I still love them
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

who gives a fuck about ratings???

the NFL gets great ratings and the games suck balls
    DS1119 wrote:

You have never played hockey then have you? I don't mean this is a derogatory manner either but there are so many advantages the home team has that I'm not sure fans who haven't played realize.

ice hockey, no. that isn't relevant at all though

I understand the advantages of last line change, road team stick down first on faceoffs, etc.

look at recent NHL playoff history...home teams are right around .500. home ice doesn't mean shit other than your team might have to look at a bunch of homos in the stands all wearing the same color t-shirt
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

who gives a fuck about ratings???

the NFL gets great ratings and the games suck balls

I hear you. Just suprised with the markets involved.
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I understand the advantages of last line change, road team stick down first on faceoffs, etc.

look at recent NHL playoff history...home teams are right around .500. home ice doesn't mean shit other than your team might have to look at a bunch of homos in the stands all wearing the same color t-shirt

That's a reflection of bad coaching then. There isn't a single NHL player that would ever say they don't want home ice advantage. Ever! Just wondering why the "homo" comment? Let's keep this good spirited.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    When you make the playoffs consistently and win series you accumulate great moments in your franchise history that you can look back on, like the Keith Primeau 5OT goal and the Boston 3-0 double comeback. Those weren't championships but they sure were fun. When your franchise's greatest moment in the century is beating the Thrashers in the playoffs, I'd say you've had a rough time.

out of the 4 philly pro teams the flyers have given me more heartache than the other 3 combined. I still love them

They have given the most heartache because they have been in contention most often.

Yea those were all great moments too, I just was trying to make a point.

I also enjoyed those 2 straight OT wins vs. the Rangers in 1995. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    everyone wants home ice, but at the end of the day, it might mean the least in hockey.

baseball, you want the last at bat
    football, you want the crowd noise on D
    basketball gives the home team all the calls
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

That's a reflection of bad coaching then. There isn't a single NHL player that would ever say they don't want home ice advantage. Ever! Just wondering why the "homo" comment? Let's keep this good spirited.

sure, guys like sleeping in their own beds. home ice has next to no outcome on playoff games though. I'd say only sport where playing at home has a distinct advantage in playoffs is NBA
  • DS1119 wrote:

I'm sure they do want home ice, but the stats bear out that it doesn't mean anything (at least in a series, it helps in individual games). Shit, 2 years ago the 7 & 8 seeds played in the ECF's (although home ice did seem to help the Flyers in that series).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 81 wrote:
    everyone wants home ice, but at the end of the day, it might mean the least in hockey.

Home field in baseball is almost totally meaningless, despite batting last. Only in weird cases, like the Hanky Dome in Minnesota, does it matter. It's definitely more important in hockey.

It seems like it's not as important these days in football, the offenses figured out how to work around the crowd noise. But still prob more important there than in hockey.

Basketball teams have the biggest home advantage, especially in college.

Statistics can be manipulated however you want. Everyone keeps referring to "recent". What's recent? Home ice advantage is huge. Sorry. You can throw out all the "recent stats" you want but you won't convince me otherwise.
    The Fixer wrote:

They have given the most heartache because they have been in contention most often.

Yea those were all great moments too, I just was trying to make a point.

I also enjoyed those 2 straight OT wins vs. the Rangers in 1995. ;)

we were still on a cup hangover...... :lol: something you know nothing about

we were still on a cup hangover...... :lol: something you know nothing about

:lol::lol:
    just a little statiscal analysis.

regular season win % for home teams for their most recent full season. football and baseball are for 2011..basketball and hockey are from last season since the current season is still in progress

Home Wins Home Games Win %
    NFL 150 256 58.6%
    NBA 741 1230 60.2%
    NHL 618 1230 50.2%
    MLB 1277 2430 52.6%

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=178716&p=4166506#p4166464

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

regular season win % for home teams for their most recent full season. football and baseball are for 2011..basketball and hockey are from last season since the current season is still in progress

NFL 150 256 58.6%
    NBA 741 1230 60.2%
    NHL 618 1230 50.2%
    MLB 1277 2430 52.6%

Find the playoff percentages. I can't find them
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

NFL 150 256 58.6%
    NBA 741 1230 60.2%
    NHL 618 1230 50.2%
    MLB 1277 2430 52.6%

Find the playoff percentages. I can't find them

that's too much work for me today....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Home field in baseball is almost totally meaningless, despite batting last. Only in weird cases, like the Hanky Dome in Minnesota, does it matter. It's definitely more important in hockey.

It seems like it's not as important these days in football, the offenses figured out how to work around the crowd noise. But still prob more important there than in hockey.

Basketball teams have the biggest home advantage, especially in college.

football is because of the new stadiums. more luxury boxes = less corwd noise...seats further from field, etc
    DS1119 wrote:
    Statistics can be manipulated however you want. Everyone keeps referring to "recent". What's recent? Home ice advantage is huge. Sorry. You can throw out all the "recent stats" you want but you won't convince me otherwise.

way to back up your stance.

'home ice is huge'

brilliant
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

way to back up your stance.

'home ice is huge'

brilliant

humoungous big
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg