24/7 RANGERS /FLYERS..RANGERS WIN WINTER CLASSIC!!

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    the game was for 1st place ..in the biggest hockey game of the regualr season...on national tv..with a whole HBO series being about it.....it was alittle more than a regualr game

Don't even bother. According to Philly fans today regular season games don't mean anything and the Canadian Anthem wasn't booed yesterday. Tomorrow they will try and convince us the Earth is indeed flat.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    all i know is your team better get a goalie real quick..otherwise you can forget about going anywhere

true story

rangers and bruins are best teams in east right now. unfortunately for you guys, there are still 3.5 months til the playoffs.

Bruins are the best team. Rangers are playing well, but not sure i'm ready to call them a favorite.

two weeks ago flyers were best team in east. this time of year the standings change like the weather.

kinda funny seeing the ranger fans get all excited :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I honestly barely even remember the flyers win over the bruins that last time they played in the winter classic...but I could tell you anything you need to know about any of their recent playoff series

You mean the one's they lost? Isn't the the sole goal of a season the Cup? When was the last Philly Cup? I mean seriously man. You talk about how unimportant the regualr season is and then bring up the playoffs. Why do that? Philly has been nothing but a disappoint in that regard since what 1975?? Come on.
    all i know is your team better get a goalie real quick..otherwise you can forget about going anywhere

Bernie Parent looked pretty good Saturday.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I honestly barely even remember the flyers win over the bruins that last time they played in the winter classic...but I could tell you anything you need to know about any of their recent playoff series

You mean the one's they lost? Isn't the the sole goal of a season the Cup? When was the last Philly Cup? I mean seriously man. You talk about how unimportant the regualr season is and then bring up the playoffs. Why do that? Philly has been nothing but a disappoint in that regard since what 1975?? Come on.

Point <
    > You

i think you missed something.

the point was, the WC was just anouther reg season game. it's sort of like the daytona 500....biggest race of the year, but also the first race of the year....and it counts just the same as a mid season race in Michigan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, exactly. goal is to win the cup, not win games in january.

thanks for proving my point :lol::lol::lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    well it was fun chanting henry in philly as well as signing our goal song :lol: ..all the while staying 100% classy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The Fixer wrote:

You clearly don't remember, since the Flyers lost to the Bruins. :lol: I clearly preferred winning the 7 game playoff series that year over winning that New Years Day game. (Just to preface the next idiot, I know the Bruins destroyed the Flyers in 2011 and won the Cup, but that 2010 series is still one of the greatest sports series I've ever seen.)

Just looked it up... The Rangers have won 2 playoff series this century (including one over Atlanta). :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, so, yesterday probably was the 21st century's biggest highlight for them. ;) Bravo guys.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Point <
    > You

i think you missed something.

the point was, the WC was just anouther reg season game. it's sort of like the daytona 500....biggest race of the year, but also the first race of the year....and it counts just the same as a mid season race in Michigan.

Let's look at this. The Flyers are one point out of a playoff berth on the last day of the season and one game to go. That game's not any more important than any other regular season game right?

I assume you have played team sports and you can never underestimate momentum and wins. You don't think the next time the Rangers and Flyers meet all they will be thinking about is we are 0-3 vs this team?
    The Fixer wrote:

You clearly don't remember, since the Flyers lost to the Bruins. :lol: I clearly preferred winning the 7 game playoff series that year over winning that New Years Day game. (Just to preface the next idiot, I know the Bruins destroyed the Flyers in 2011 and won the Cup, but that 2010 series is still one of the greatest sports series I've ever seen.)

Just looked it up... The Rangers have won 2 playoff series this century (including one over Atlanta). :lol::lol::lol: Yeah, so, yesterday probably was the 21st century's biggest highlight for them. ;) Bravo guys.

Just looked up that the Flyers haven't one a Cup since 1975. Most people on this board weren't even born then. But enjoy those playoff series wins. :roll:

They mean as much as regular season wins when you don't win the Cup right??
    late season games can be more important....if you are fighting for a playoff spot or seeding

mid season games are just part of the grind.

the WC is nothing more than a made for TV spectale to increase the leagues exposure....when you are pumping in fake snow and putting worn out christmas tree's on teh field....you are creating a spectacle.

this game was no more important than other 4 games played yesterday....it was just more exposed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Just looked up that the Flyers haven't one a Cup since 1975. Most people on this board weren't even born then. But enjoy those playoff series wins. :roll:

i would venture to say half the board was alive in 75.

but a playoff game is much more imporatnat than a reg season game. don't be stupid about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    late season games can be more important....if you are fighting for a playoff spot or seeding

the WC is nothing more than a made for TV spectale to increase the leagues exposure....when you are pumping in fake snow and putting worn out christmas tree's on teh field....you are creating a spectacle.

this game was no more important than other 4 games played yesterday....it was just more exposed.

What I'm saying is if you win these games now, late season games don't need to be pressure cookers where a team is fighting for the playoffs. I'm still steaming that you called me fradulent. :evil:
  • DS1119 wrote:

They mean you're at least in the running and you're giving your fans excitement, even if they always fall short in the end. It sure beats not getting past the 2nd round for the past 15 years, and usually missing the playoffs.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

What I'm saying is if you win these games now, late season games don't need to be pressure cookers where a team is fighting for the playoffs. I'm still steaming that you called me fradulent. :evil:

:lol:

it's all in the sports fraud thread.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    but a playoff game is much more imporatnat than a reg season game. don't be stupid about it.

If you don't win the Cup, what's the difference? I am a die hard Bills fan as well. I would trade all of the playoff success that team has had for one Super Bowl win.
    DS1119 wrote:

They mean you're at least in the running and you're giving your fans excitement, even if they always fall short in the end. It sure beats not getting past the 2nd round for the past 15 years, and usually missing the playoffs.

Absolutley 100% disagree.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Funny, in recent Flyers history the teams that clawed into the playoffs (2008 & 2010) went to the Semifinals and Finals, while the teams that got in easily (2009 & 2011) were done in the 1st & 2nd rounds. All that matters is that you're one of the 8 teams that gets in. As Fixer said, even home ice doesn't mean shit anymore; I am finally convinced of that.

DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

If you don't win the Cup, what's the difference? I am a die hard Bills fan as well. I would trade all of the playoff success that team has had for one Super Bowl win.

would you trade SB loss for an additional reg season win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    What the fuck are you guys arguing over? None of you have won shit. One team one a meaningless game in January and one team won a bunch of meaningless playoff series. The Rangers fans here are the only ones that have celebrated a championship.
    edited January 2012
    DS1119 wrote:

Funny, in recent Flyers history the teams that clawed into the playoffs (2008 & 2010) went to the Semifinals and Finals, while the teams that got in easily (2009 & 2011) were done in the 1st & 2nd rounds. All that matters is that you're one of the 8 teams that gets in. As Fixer said, even home ice doesn't mean shit anymore; I am finally convinced of that.

100% disagree with that as well. Even from the standpoint that you get to make the last line change while playing on home ice iis such a huge factor.
    Post edited by DS1119 on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Rangers fans here are the only ones that have celebrated a championship.

:?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What the fuck are you guys arguing over? None of you have won shit. One team one a meaningless game in January and one team won a bunch of meaningless playoff series. The Rangers fans here are the only ones that have celebrated a championship.

Not arguing...discussing. It's very beneficial to discuss sports. Excercises the mind on a slow work day.
    edited January 2012
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Unless you're 45+, the Rangers fans here are the only ones that have seen a Stanley Cup championship in their lifetime. That's all that really counts, right?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    the flyers fans talk about the playoffs :lol: they havent won a cup in 36 years :lol::lol:

as ive said the past few years..shame you cats don't have a goalie....probably would have won a cup or 2
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Unless you 45+, the Rangers fans here are the only ones that have seen a Stanley Cup championship in their lifetime. That's all that really counts, right?

i was alive for both Philly Cups. :lol:

although all i cared about was clean huggies and food
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i was alive for both Philly Cups. :lol:

although all i cared about was clean huggies and food

haha, yeah, exactly my point, alive and celebrating are different, that's why I originally used the word celebrate.
  • When you make the playoffs consistently and win series you accumulate great moments in your franchise history that you can look back on, like the Keith Primeau 5OT goal and the Boston 3-0 double comeback. Those weren't championships but they sure were fun. When your franchise's greatest moment in the century is beating the Thrashers in the playoffs, I'd say you've had a rough time.

When you make the playoffs consistently and win series you accumulate great moments in your franchise history that you can look back on, like the Keith Primeau 5OT goal and the Boston 3-0 double comeback. Those weren't championships but they sure were fun. When your franchise's greatest moment in the century is beating the Thrashers in the playoffs, I'd say you've had a rough time.

No I would have to say the Rangers greatest moment is winning the Cup in 1994...almost twenty years more recently than the Flyers. :lol:

Just saw the "Century" in your post. Well at least the Rangers aren't winless in 2012. :roll:
    When you make the playoffs consistently and win series you accumulate great moments in your franchise history that you can look back on, like the Keith Primeau 5OT goal and the Boston 3-0 double comeback. Those weren't championships but they sure were fun. When your franchise's greatest moment in the century is beating the Thrashers in the playoffs, I'd say you've had a rough time.

guess what...didn't win a cup either year...which is all that matters