24/7 RANGERS /FLYERS..RANGERS WIN WINTER CLASSIC!!

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    rival. wrote:
    don't sweat it. i'd be pissed if i was 0-3 against a division rival too.

not pissed at all. rangers are good.

games from oct - april don't mean anything (unless it's the last regular season game for a playoff berth... :lol::lol: ). I know they are important to you guys since games in may-june don't usually count for your team.

long way to go in the season. enjoy your win today. just realize it means nothing in the grand scheme of things (just like the flyers win vs boston in this glorified regular season game)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    The Fixer wrote:
    rival. wrote:

games from oct - april don't mean anything (unless it's the last regular season game for a playoff berth... :lol::lol: ). I know they are important to you guys since games in may-june don't usually count for your team.

long way to go in the season. enjoy your win today. just realize it means nothing in the grand scheme of things (just like the flyers win vs boston in this glorified regular season game)

i'm on the side of the fence where i will probably have no faith in the rangers until they are carrying the cup through times square during their victory parade. they have been cock teasing us fans for the past 15 years.

you learn to enjoy whatever you can throughout the season :)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Yeaaaaa baby. On the turnpike coming home

They wanted overtime so bad

But a real goalie helps :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    rival. wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    rival. wrote:

i'm on the side of the fence where i will probably have no faith in the rangers until they are carrying the cup through times square during their victory parade. they have been cock teasing us fans for the past 15 years.

you learn to enjoy whatever you can throughout the season :)

there you go...I know exactly what you mean. I started watching hockey when I was around 10 years old. So I'm going on year 25 of my team giving me false hope. Not good times.

Both teams are good. Rangers have the flyers number so far this year. We'll see if it means anything come playoff time (it probably won't).

Today wasn't a big deal. I really hate the rangers though. Don't like seeing the flyers lose to them in any scenario
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    ha, OK.

who has more cups in the last 40 years??

I know today was the rangers biggest win in almost 20 years, so it's understandable that you guys are excited. Enjoy it...just remember that it's January

I think you proved my point on how mute the past is when it comes to sports. Does it matter about Championships of the past or playoff history in the past?

All I know is it matters right now about what a team is doing and the Rangers just came into Philly and beat a team from two goals down in their hometown in the showcase game of the fucking year for the NHL.

well, since the rangers don't have much playoff history in the last 20 years I'm not sure what your point is.

rangers have a good team. today is just another regular season game though. we will see if they can do anything in the playoffs this year. for once

rangers fans are funny. It's obviously difficult to keep things in perspective when your team has sucked for 20 years

Come on really? How many Cups have the Flyers won in the past twenty years? Thirty? I think the answer rhymes with hero.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Come on really? How many Cups have the Flyers won in the past twenty years? Thirty? I think the answer rhymes with hero.

would you take the rangers last 30 years over the flyers last 30 years??

I wouldn't
    70 30 flyers fans

And we still had the Hank chant going as well as our goal chant

Man that was awesome

Rupp came up big and as usual Henry saved the day

What a day what a day
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    One problem Philly fans

The fact that numerous guys would tell my 7 yr old niece the rangers suck on the way out is mind blowing and disgusting..7 hrs old

Lucky she was there otherwise they would have gotten their drunk asses dropped one by one

Someone told me sit down big head during the 2nd...I said relax it's a timeout no need for the comment
    He drunkly says it again so my reply was careful ..I wouldn't want to knock u out in front of your wife :lol:

Fools I tell yA
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

would you take the rangers last 30 years over the flyers last 30 years??

I wouldn't

Absolutely.
  • animusanimus Posts: 530
    DS1119 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    ANyone hear them playing The Fixer when they needed to patch a hole in the ice. :thumbup:

you mean patch a hole in bobrovsky?

They don't have a big enough patch for that.

the universe wouldnt have let that in
    animus wrote:

the universe wouldnt have let that in

And the Universe would have never went down there when he should have hugged the post since the only place in that situation Rupp could have gone was high. Still in hindsight, I'm glad he went down. :mrgreen:
  • Ok, I got busy after the game.

Congrats to the Rangers - I'm not gonna deny that was a huge, showcase win, even if it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. They played a gutsy game and have an obviously huge goaltending advantage.

I don't understand Rangers and their fans complaining about the penalty shot call; it was clearly the right call. The penalty with 5 minutes left, I'm not so sure about. But they helped you guys out with that ridiculous early whistle. Anyway, Breire really choked on the PS, and Hank stole the game.

Flyers will not win any playoff series with Bobrovsky - he is awful. If Bryz can't pull it together this season will go nowhere.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Ok, I got busy after the game.

Congrats to the Rangers - I'm not gonna deny that was a huge, showcase win, even if it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. They played a gutsy game and have an obviously huge goaltending advantage.

I don't understand Rangers and their fans complaining about the penalty shot call; it was clearly the right call. The penalty with 5 minutes left, I'm not so sure about. But they helped you guys out with that ridiculous early whistle. Anyway, Breire really choked on the PS, and Hank stole the game.

Flyers will not win any playoff series with Bobrovsky - he is awful. If Bryz can't pull it together this season will go nowhere.

Well like I said I'm giving the benefit of doubt to the ref for the penalty shot that he saw the puck being covered by the defenseman. However, if you are basing your belief that the call was right on the replays you couldn't be further from the truth since the replays showed not one angle that the puck was covered by the defenseman and not the goaltender. It is not illegal for a defenseman or forward to move the puck in the crease with their hand, foot, knee, whatever, only to grasp it or cover and the cameras just don't show that so for you to say something like "clearly the right call" is wrong. Unless you were standing right next to the ref on the ice there is no definitive evidence it was the right call.
    DS1119 wrote:

Well like I said I'm giving the benefit of doubt to the ref for the penalty shot that he saw the puck being covered by the defenseman. However, if you are basing your belief that the call was right on the replays you couldn't be further from the truth since the replays showed not one angle that the puck was covered by the defenseman and not the goaltender. It is not illegal for a defenseman or forward to move the puck in the crease with their hand, foot, knee, whatever, only to grasp it or cover and the cameras just don't show that so for you to say something like "clearly the right call" is wrong. Unless you were standing right next to the ref on the ice there is no definitive evidence it was the right call.

the refs/nbc/NHL were doing everything in their power to get the game into O.T.
  • If you didn't see the d-man cover the puck with his glove on the replay then you are blind.

Just be happy you won and get over it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Question.

I am not a big hockey fan, was as a kid but now watch maybe a dozen games a year. Enjoy it but can't follow that many sports too closely. I get that there were some iffy calls at the end of the game that went in the Flyers favor and a better game is clearly better for the league, so OT would obviously be ideal, but to say the refs were making calls to purposely impact the outcome of the game is illegal and basically turns the NHL (many people here's favorite league) into the WWE, no?

I still don't understand how the NBA has gotten past Tim Donagy

Edit: And I guess my point is, if you really think the league is impacting the outcome of games for ratings, how the hell can you take the league seriously and follow it? It is really no longer a competition if that is the case which is what makes sports, sports. I can't see how this is possibly the case.
    If you didn't see the d-man cover the puck with his glove on the replay then you are blind.

The replay never shows the puck being covered by the defenseman and no I'm not blind. Also, I got over it...you were the one who rehashed it this morning, correct? You also keep bringing up how unimportant the win is. Hmm, I'm sure your posts would be a little different about the game if the Flyers won.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Question.

I am not a big hockey fan, was as a kid but now watch maybe a dozen games a year. Enjoy it but can't follow that many sports too closely. I get that there were some iffy calls at the end of the game that went in the Flyers favor and a better game is clearly better for the league, so OT would obviously be ideal, but to say the refs were making calls to purposely impact the outcome of the game is illegal and basically turns the NHL (many people here's favorite league) into the WWE, no?

Edit: And I guess my point is, if you really think the league is impacting the outcome of games for ratings, how the hell can you take the league seriously and follow it? It is really no longer a competition if that is the case which is what makes sports, sports. I can't see how this is possibly the case.

I don't believe the referees are directed by the league or networks to make or not make calls to keep a game close or steer it's results. You'll never hear me saying that.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Question.

I don't believe the referees are directed by the league or networks to make or not make calls to keep a game close or steer it's results. You'll never hear me saying that.

I hear you, I can't see it. Just been mentioned by a bunch of people since yesterday, even by people involved.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I actually thought the rule to call a penalty shot, you actually had to be penalized while in the process of charging the net to take a shot. I don't follow hockey like I used to but I thought that the glove over the puck would just be a delay of game call. I was confused myself that they called a penalty shot. But like I said, I don't follow it like I used to.

And for me, the best part of the broadcast was when they were talking about CB Park and how we are just 14 weeks away from opening day. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET. :D
    I actually thought the rule to call a penalty shot, you actually had to be penalized while in the process of charging the net to take a shot. I don't follow hockey like I used to but I thought that the glove over the puck would just be a delay of game call. I was confused myself that they called a penalty shot. But like I said, I don't follow it like I used to.

And for me, the best part of the broadcast was when they were talking about CB Park and how we are just 14 weeks away from opening day. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET. :D

No one but the goaltender can cover the puck in the crease with their hand. That also results in a penalty shot.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    If you didn't see the d-man cover the puck with his glove on the replay then you are blind.

The replay never shows the puck being covered by the defenseman and no I'm not blind. Also, I got over it...you were the one who rehashed it this morning, correct? You also keep bringing up how unimportant the win is. Hmm, I'm sure your posts would be a little different about the game if the Flyers won.

You're mixing me up with Fixer. I never said the win was unimportant. I disagree with The Fixer, something that happens a lot. :lol: I said congrats on a big win, and I would be very happy if the Flyers won. I also think Bob was your MVP for the game.

First thing I thought when I saw the replay was: that's gotta be a penalty shot. Giroux should've taken it - why wouldn't you have perhaps the best player in the league take the penalty shot there? :roll:

DS1119 wrote:

You're mixing me up with Fixer. I never said the win was unimportant. I disagree with The Fixer, something that happens a lot. :lol: I said congrats on a big win, and I would be very happy if the Flyers won. I also think Bob was your MVP for the game.

First thing I thought when I saw the replay was: that's gotta be a penalty shot. Giroux should've taken it - why wouldn't you have perhaps the best player in the league take the penalty shot there? :roll:

If he wasn't on the ice when the penalty shot was awarded, which I'm not sure if he was, he wouldn't be eligible to take the shot.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    DS1119 wrote:

No one but the goaltender can cover the puck in the crease with their hand. That also results in a penalty shot.

So a defenseman can cover the puck as long as it's not in the crease, right. But no other players, like a center guy right?

I used to know all this. :P
    So a defenseman can cover the puck as long as it's not in the crease, right. But no other players, like a center guy right?

Technically no one can cover the puck other than the goaltender. It would be a delay of game penalty. Now if a player falls on it and the referee loses sight of the puck, play is supposed to be whistled dead at that point.

That's why I have a problem with the penanlty shot call yesterday. No where in the replays do you see any Ranger player covering the puck or grasping the puck with their hands. I have to assume the referee saw it, but for anyone to say the replay shows it, needs to look again.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

Technically no one can cover the puck other than the goaltender. It would be a delay of game penalty. Now if a player falls on it and the referee loses sight of the puck, play is supposed to be whistled dead at that point.

That's why I have a problem with the penanlty shot call yesterday. No where in the replays do you see any Ranger player covering the puck or grasping the puck with their hands. I have to assume the referee saw it, but for anyone to say the replay shows it, needs to look again.

if we are going to bitch about the penalty shot, perhaps we should bitch about the play being blown dead when the puck was still free and the Flyers were about to toss it into an empty net.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

if we are going to bitch about the penalty shot, perhaps we should bitch about the play being blown dead when the puck was still free and the Flyers were about to toss it into an empty net.

no bitching about a penalty shot here...it called king henrick the wicked

now the blatant hook ..... or the fact the ref was from philly....
    81 wrote:

Technically the play doesn't get blown dead because a puck is free or not, the play gets blown dead when the referee loses sight of the puck.
    DS1119 wrote:

the matching minors to callahan and timonen was one of the worst things I have ever seen