24/7 RANGERS /FLYERS..RANGERS WIN WINTER CLASSIC!!

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Question.

I am not a big hockey fan, was as a kid but now watch maybe a dozen games a year. Enjoy it but can't follow that many sports too closely. I get that there were some iffy calls at the end of the game that went in the Flyers favor and a better game is clearly better for the league, so OT would obviously be ideal, but to say the refs were making calls to purposely impact the outcome of the game is illegal and basically turns the NHL (many people here's favorite league) into the WWE, no?

I still don't understand how the NBA has gotten past Tim Donagy

Edit: And I guess my point is, if you really think the league is impacting the outcome of games for ratings, how the hell can you take the league seriously and follow it? It is really no longer a competition if that is the case which is what makes sports, sports. I can't see how this is possibly the case.

I think the league puts itself under too much pressure to make the winter classic an event. I do believe the refs helped the flyers get the game to ot. my theory is just because it's the classic though...they wanted some kind of epic finish. something like that wouldn't happen in the playoffs

just my two cents. can't believe I have spend this much time talking about a regular season NHL game
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Question.

I am not a big hockey fan, was as a kid but now watch maybe a dozen games a year. Enjoy it but can't follow that many sports too closely. I get that there were some iffy calls at the end of the game that went in the Flyers favor and a better game is clearly better for the league, so OT would obviously be ideal, but to say the refs were making calls to purposely impact the outcome of the game is illegal and basically turns the NHL (many people here's favorite league) into the WWE, no?

Edit: And I guess my point is, if you really think the league is impacting the outcome of games for ratings, how the hell can you take the league seriously and follow it? It is really no longer a competition if that is the case which is what makes sports, sports. I can't see how this is possibly the case.

I think the league puts itself under too much pressure to make the winter classic an event. I do believe the refs helped the flyers get the game to ot. my theory is just because it's the classic though...they wanted some kind of epic finish. something like that wouldn't happen in the playoffs

just my two cents. can't believe I have spend this much time talking about a regular season NHL game

It didn't go into OT.
    DS1119 wrote:
    If you didn't see the d-man cover the puck with his glove on the replay then you are blind.

Just be happy you won and get over it.

The replay never shows the puck being covered by the defenseman and no I'm not blind. Also, I got over it...you were the one who rehashed it this morning, correct? You also keep bringing up how unimportant the win is. Hmm, I'm sure your posts would be a little different about the game if the Flyers won.

You're mixing me up with Fixer. I never said the win was unimportant. I disagree with The Fixer, something that happens a lot. :lol: I said congrats on a big win, and I would be very happy if the Flyers won. I also think Bob was your MVP for the game.

First thing I thought when I saw the replay was: that's gotta be a penalty shot. Giroux should've taken it - why wouldn't you have perhaps the best player in the league take the penalty shot there? :roll:

How is it a big win?

Next time the flyers play the islanders or devils the game will mean just as much as yesterday.

The entire winter classic thing is oversensationalized. Just like almost everything else is by today's media
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Question.

It didn't go into OT.

the refs tried to get it there is my point
    DS1119 wrote:
    So a defenseman can cover the puck as long as it's not in the crease, right. But no other players, like a center guy right?

I used to know all this. :P

Technically no one can cover the puck other than the goaltender. It would be a delay of game penalty. Now if a player falls on it and the referee loses sight of the puck, play is supposed to be whistled dead at that point.

That's why I have a problem with the penanlty shot call yesterday. No where in the replays do you see any Ranger player covering the puck or grasping the puck with their hands. I have to assume the referee saw it, but for anyone to say the replay shows it, needs to look again.

a defenseman can cover the puck. it's a penalty shot if they close their hand on the puck in the crease
    The Fixer wrote:
    How is it a big win?

Next time the flyers play the islanders or devils the game will mean just as much as yesterday.

The entire winter classic thing is oversensationalized. Just like almost everything else is by today's media

It's a big win because the Rangers went on the road and came back from two goals down in front of a national audience against their biggest division rival. It's a huge win! The only people minimizing it are FLyer fans...probably the same ones who would be holding a parade today if the FLyers could have won the game.
    The Fixer wrote:
    a defenseman can cover the puck. it's a penalty shot if they close their hand on the puck in the crease

A defenseman can not cover the puck. It's a delay of game penalty.
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    How is it a big win?

It's a big win because the Rangers went on the road and came back from two goals down in front of a national audience against their biggest division rival. It's a huge win! The only people minimizing it are FLyer fans...probably the same ones who would be holding a parade today if the FLyers could have won the game.

you are lost man. no one that follows this team would have been that excited by a regular season win in january. only ranger fans get excited about january wins

flyers beat pittsburgh on thursday night. If there was a parade in philly I missed it
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    How is it a big win?

you are lost man. no one that follows this team would have been that excited by a regular season win in january. only ranger fans get excited about january wins

flyers beat pittsburgh on thursday night. If there was a parade in philly I missed it

OK. I guess we will just have a difference of opnion. I'll still take the 3-0 record versus Philly and the best record in the NHL at this point.
  • The Fixer wrote:

He doesn't get Flyers fans at all. We were 1st in Eastern Conf for a couple weeks and everybody talked about Pronger's concussion and who was the shittier goalie. Philly sports fans are fatalists.

I can see why Rangers fans would throw a parade over yesterday's win. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    DS1119 wrote:

OK. I guess we will just have a difference of opnion. I'll still take the 3-0 record versus Philly and the best record in the NHL at this point.

yep, congratulations. when do the rangers get their trophy for having the best record in the league as of january 3rd?

long way to go. the regular season doesn't mean much, especially in hockey where home ice means next to nothing in the playoffs.

OK, this was fun...I'm done
    The Fixer wrote:

He doesn't get Flyers fans at all. We were 1st in Eastern Conf for a couple weeks and everybody talked about Pronger's concussion and who was the shittier goalie. Philly sports fans are fatalists.

I can see why Rangers fans would throw a parade over yesterday's win. :lol:

I understand Philly fans...they are used to and expect to lose now. They are the new Boston. :P
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I understand Philly fans...they are used to and expect to lose now. They are the new Boston. :P

Um yeah, that's exactly what I just said.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

yep, congratulations. when do the rangers get their trophy for having the best record in the league as of january 3rd?

long way to go. the regular season doesn't mean much, especially in hockey where home ice means next to nothing in the playoffs.

Dude come on. Should all go all the way back through the threads and just start quoting you every time you said how important this win was...how important that win was. Pretty much the exact opposite of everything you are talking about right now. You're just sour grapes right now.
    DS1119 wrote:

Um yeah, that's exactly what I just said.

Seriously. IF this is new then this dude is more lost than I thought
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Dude come on. Should all go all the way back through the threads and just start quoting you every time you said how important this win was...how important that win was. Pretty much the exact opposite of everything you are talking about right now. You're just sour grapes right now.

please do that. there are no big regular season wins when your team is used to going to the playoffs
    The Fixer wrote:
    please do that. there are no big regular season wins when your team is used to going to the playoffs

I somewhat agree. However, that's not what you have said in the past. :roll:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you have me confused with someone else there bud
  • DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

There are plenty of "that was a nice win" and "I love the way my team played tonight" but very, very rare is a genuinely big regular season win in the NHL, and most of us here understand that. When you just barely make the playoffs about 2 of every 5 years, then maybe things are a little different. :P

DS1119 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

There are plenty of "that was a nice win" and "I love the way my team played tonight" but very, very rare is a genuinely big regular season win in the NHL, and most of us here understand that. When you just barely make the playoffs about 2 of every 5 years, then maybe things are a little different. :P

100% disagree.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    don't bother fighting with DS....he is a Fradulent hockey fan. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    don't bother fighting with DS....he is a Fradulent hockey fan. :lol:

Fradulent in what regard?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

The replay never shows the puck being covered by the defenseman and no I'm not blind. Also, I got over it...you were the one who rehashed it this morning, correct? You also keep bringing up how unimportant the win is. Hmm, I'm sure your posts would be a little different about the game if the Flyers won.

You're mixing me up with Fixer. I never said the win was unimportant. I disagree with The Fixer, something that happens a lot. :lol: I said congrats on a big win, and I would be very happy if the Flyers won. I also think Bob was your MVP for the game.

First thing I thought when I saw the replay was: that's gotta be a penalty shot. Giroux should've taken it - why wouldn't you have perhaps the best player in the league take the penalty shot there? :roll:

How is it a big win?

the game was for 1st place ..in the biggest hockey game of the regualr season...on national tv..with a whole HBO series being about it.....it was alittle more than a regualr game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

How is it a big win?

the game was for 1st place ..in the biggest hockey game of the regualr season...on national tv..with a whole HBO series being about it.....it was alittle more than a regualr game

rangers won and got 2 points right? so their next game means exactly the same as yesterday.

like I said, enjoy your win. been a while since you guys have won a playoff series so I'm not surprised you're getting carried away over winning a game in january. first place in january is nice, but it's really not that big of a deal

I honestly barely even remember the flyers win over the bruins that last time they played in the winter classic...but I could tell you anything you need to know about any of their recent playoff series
    don't forget ..this week the finale is on thursday night :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

not even the halfway pole yet.

from an exposure stand point, yeah, it was a bigger than normal game, but from a game stand point, it wasn't any bigger than the game before or the game after. it was a middle of the season reg game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

How is it a big win?

rangers won and got 2 points right? so their next game means exactly the same as yesterday.

like I said, enjoy your win. been a while since you guys have won a playoff series so I'm not surprised you're getting carried away over winning a game in january. first place in january is nice, but it's really not that big of a deal

I honestly barely even remember the flyers win over the bruins that last time they played in the winter classic...but I could tell you anything you need to know about any of their recent playoff series

all i know is your team better get a goalie real quick..otherwise you can forget about going anywhere
    all i know is your team better get a goalie real quick..otherwise you can forget about going anywhere

true story

rangers and bruins are best teams in east right now. unfortunately for you guys, there are still 3.5 months til the playoffs.
    The Fixer wrote:

true story

rangers and bruins are best teams in east right now. unfortunately for you guys, there are still 3.5 months til the playoffs.

Bruins are the best team. Rangers are playing well, but not sure i'm ready to call them a favorite.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

not even the halfway pole yet.

from an exposure stand point, yeah, it was a bigger than normal game, but from a game stand point, it wasn't any bigger than the game before or the game after. it was a middle of the season reg game.

yea and its better to win and be up 4 points rather than lose and be tied

of course its still early in the season,but every point is huge

and i still can't believe the amount of drunk fools who would yell at a child..... sickening and very lucky for them that she was there