Options

UPDATED: Message To PJ Fans From CrowdSurge

Comments

• Options
    Now the Crowdsurge page shows this:

Update From CrowdSurge: We will be working throughout the night to diagnose the problem that occurred during today's pre-sale. Check back for updates.

I guess it's ok to try to get some shut-eye and be back here in a few hours...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you have to ask yourself this....would you buy a ticket from this guy?

1169329-Matt_Jones2.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    The 10c tried to do the right thing by moving to a 3rd party provider to resolve problems of the past. Unfortunately it backfired.

I think both crowdsurge and the 10c could have handled this better with more communication. The lack of communication is what would annoy me the most.

I was lucky enough to get tickets within 30 minutes of them going on sale. I had similar problems a few months ago when buying tickets through ticketmaster. When there is demand systems melt down. There is only so much load and bandwith these ticketing systems can use.

Hopefully communication goes out to everybody in a timely manner so they can get tickets before the public sale.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    The 10c tried to do the right thing by moving to a 3rd party provider to resolve problems of the past. Unfortunately it backfired.

I think both crowdsurge and the 10c could have handled this better with more communication. The lack of communication is what would annoy me the most.

I was lucky enough to get tickets within 30 minutes of them going on sale. I had similar problems a few months ago when buying tickets through ticketmaster. When there is demand systems melt down. There is only so much load and bandwith these ticketing systems can use.

Hopefully communication goes out to everybody in a timely manner so they can get tickets before the public sale.

Hi,

I like your positive attitude...But, what would have you posted...If you hadn't got tickets today?...But, yeah maybe the 10c can come up with a better solution...I just can't wait to all the fun once their a U.S. tour...Fun fun fun..

Jeremy
  • Options
    Guess the airlines and the postal service aren't the only institutions going down the tubes...
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Might I suggest some new technology...

ESS_indexcards.gif
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    As long as they get this all figured out by the time US shows go on sale I'm ok.....just kidding of course.

But if the 10C is using another company to manage ticket sales from now on can they please use Musictoday. The company started by Dave Matthews Band's manager Coran Capsahw. I don't know what all of the legal ramifications of using musictoday would be. I don't know if it's even possible but atleast do something along the lines of what DMB does.

Server disruptions and hitting F5 for hours and hours and even days is just plain ridiculous. First come first serve is bullshit. Whose connection is fastest is bullshit. Who is lucky to get through is bullshit.

Have a ticket request period, 1 week or so. Then have a computer generated lottery to decide who gets tickets to each individual show. Easy, stress free and fair. Either this or go back to index cards. And I don't think the 10C wants to go back to index cards and money orders. We would still get to request as many shows as we'd like. Once confirmed for tickets the seats would still be arranged by seniority. PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!!!!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    This website is really a joke...I mean enough now..same shit over and over now with different companies that seem to also suck

The only reason I keep my membership is the chance at a hometown fan club show like Irving plaza..otherwise the membership is a waste.....nothing comes on time and it's one mistake after the next

Time for some people who can fix this job and get it right....because the people now are not working

Sad 10 c...maybe pearl jam should have not gotten greedy and stopped giving memberships after 450,000

People supporting this club for 20 years get to sit for hours on end and waste time :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    i was so lucky...finnish berlin-stocholm at less a min..my tour buddy after an hour told me she cant get tix,,for the rest,,oslo,copenhagen...i just refresh once and bought them again in less than 1 min..
    i use chrome and went to internet cafe for better speed...sorry for the rest..
    but think positive,,u will score..they will fix it i hope..
    if not..there is always spares.. :)

Di..your positive attitude isn't working here ..the system sucks..yet you got every show ...give me a break
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    EDDMB wrote:
    warrenfse wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    See new update in original post.

Thank you.

Can you work overnight to diagnose Ten Club's problem with Ticket Pre Sales overall? Thanks. Bang up job the last few months. Really impressed :)
    It only took them what,6 hours to say.."hey..we still dont have a clue what we are doing people...." :shock:

Jee great update :P :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    We in Asia are glad we do not have 10c ticket pre-sale problems like this. We dont even have a chance to use this 10c privilege. Not even a rumor that they are going here. :D
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Poncier wrote:
    Might I suggest some new technology...

ESS_indexcards.gif
    i got something better

this:

ticketmaster_springsteen_300x300.jpg?1282669509
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    WTF is going on!?!???

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."

Abraham Lincoln
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i was so lucky...finnish berlin-stocholm at less a min..my tour buddy after an hour told me she cant get tix,,for the rest,,oslo,copenhagen...i just refresh once and bought them again in less than 1 min..
    i use chrome and went to internet cafe for better speed...sorry for the rest..
    but think positive,,u will score..they will fix it i hope..
    if not..there is always spares.. :)

Di..your positive attitude isn't working here ..the system sucks..yet you got every show ...give me a break
    sure,as my friend megadave got all 6 shows at once...
    as many others friends...cos people doesnt post doesnt mean they didnt score tix..
    here most of the people didnt score post..there is already alot of pm ,here ,facebook,mails,texts for help with spares...i try to think positive even my cousin get a divorse...i go and do the pep talk,instead cry with him ,all day,cos his wife cheat on him..the system sucjs..life sucks..is the way to see life..ill try to chear up myself and friends instead complain and cry all day
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Easy for u to say di..you got all shows

This club sucks period

Enjoy all your shows
  • Options
    I wonder if my tickets will still be in my cart tomorrow...

I'm still trying for 3 shows. The only good thing about this sale delay is I can continue to sweet talk the wife so she won't be as angry when she finds out that we're going to Europe this summer...If we get tickets.

If tickets were still in carts, mine would by now contain about 15 pairs.... Can't tell you how often I managed to get a pair in there, only to see the timer countdown as I was unable to checkout because the system kept telling me my cart was empty...
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options

This club sucks period

Enjoy all your shows
    sure,,i did the same with msg08 i didnt score,,dublin 10 i didnt score..etc...
    i was at the venue with spare tix..didnt cry all day..and especially with Dublin,i find first spare to 2 good friends and after i secure my tic..
    all people arent the same...some think different...
    and its just a fuckin tix to a rock concert...
    system must be fixed for sure....is one thing..
    but how you deal things in life is another thing
    even i didnt score yesterday any tix,i will be in the venue..
    there is a will,,,there is a way..period
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

This club sucks period

Enjoy all your shows
    i was at the venue with spare tix..didnt cry all day..and especially with Dublin,i find first spare to 2 good friends and after i secure my tic..

Yea 5x as much on stub hub,,,,but it's not the point
    This thread is a joke and everyone has the right to complain about wasting 5 hours...

Whatever ...have a good night
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This club sucks period

Enjoy all your shows

Yea 5x as much on stub hub,,,,but it's not the point
    This thread is a joke and everyone has the right to complain about wasting 5 hours...

Whatever ...have a good night
    they are right to complain..sure...in there position,ill start a thread i need a tix for this showmill write tio euro thread,ill post in my facebook wall,.or at euro group at facebook,with 600 members already..
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    Good luck all in your attempt to get stubs...this has nothing to do with me anyway

When they hit up NYC I will just use someone else
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Tickets for 1996 and 2000: allright, different world.
    Tix for 2006 tour, everything was ok.
    Tickets for 2007: hard times.
    Tickets for 2009 and 2010: everything was ok.
    Tickets for PJ20 in AV: horrible. 6 or 7 hours... A nightmare.
    Tickets for 2012: Crowdsurge suck but got tickets. In sept I've used CS for The Black Keys in Milan... Everything's ok. This time, w/ Pearl Jam, everything suck. But, after 1 hour, got tickets.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Buy lots of unix servers en place them at ticketingservices around the world.... Work together I would say...

10C: Hire me and we solve the problems!
    Usually known as...........
    Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    raindog80 wrote:
    Tickets for 2012: Crowdsurge suck but got tickets. In sept I've used CS for The Black Keys in Milan... Everything's ok. This time, w/ Pearl Jam, everything suck. But, after 1 hour, got tickets.

No, my first afternoon of frustration came when trying to get Cleveland tickets for the 2006 tour. Hours hitting refresh. Ugh.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    raindog80 wrote:

No, my first afternoon of frustration came when trying to get Cleveland tickets for the 2006 tour. Hours hitting refresh. Ugh.

So at least five years and still no improvement? Hmmm...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    the sale for oslo and stockholm begin on livenation in 30minutes, how I must do Ruby !?
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Why didn't I go on O2 for my mobile provider? Can't say no news is good news. Balls to 10C we'll be battling it out with everyone else for general sale despite legitimately buying tickets 4 times last night..... So disappointed.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    10 Club should provide early access wristbands to members regardless of where they get their tickets from, it would be the only decent way to solve this issue.

I'm going for the livenation presale, I don't trust crowdsurge based on yesterday anymore.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    The Ticketmaster pre-sale they did recently worked like a charm. Oh well.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    10 Club should provide early access wristbands to members regardless of where they get their tickets from, it would be the only decent way to solve this issue.

Now we're talking!
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
This discussion has been closed.