Options

UPDATED: Message To PJ Fans From CrowdSurge

Comments

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    As someone who lived through the PJ20 ticketing fiasco (and scored tickets, might I add), I have 2 things to say:
    1) Take a deep breath; you WILL get tickets, and
    2) Reading this thread sounds so eerily familiar, its fucking insane.

Good luck Euro PJ fans (I maybe joining you for a few shows), and good luck 10c. This could get uglier...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: WHAT A JOKE THIS IS BECOMING .....

the 10c had months to get ready for this ....

im sorry 10c .... but you need to get your act together ..
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    How about the band shut down the Ten Club and cancel any current plans for touring - maybe that option would stop people from complaining about their business practices and everything else they try to do. Life is full of disappointments.

You act like the band is doing us a favor by taking millions and millions of dollars from us.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    one question i would love to ask and actually get an answer is why doesn't the 10c and/or Crowd Surge ask forum members to help them do a stress test? The next time they go to sell tickets and have a 'fix' in place, have us all volunteer to log on and buy virtual tix and measure how things go. Then they can adapt and prepare BEFORE frustrating their customer base beyond belief
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    one question i would love to ask and actually get an answer is why doesn't the 10c and/or Crowd Surge ask forum members to help them do a stress test? The next time they go to sell tickets and have a 'fix' in place, have us all volunteer to log on and buy virtual tix and measure how things go. Then they can adapt and prepare BEFORE frustrating their customer base beyond belief

That's a great idea. Have one of those Mike McCready autographed Backspacers on hand and tell everyone to log in and "buy" a lottery ticket. buy as many as you can for 10 minutes and then draw a winning ticket. Give people incentive to go test a server.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 564
    livenation presale for sweden and norway is at 9am over there, midnite pacific. Is there any chance our presale will be pre that?
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have just checked these guys out on review sites.It is alarming the way their system runs,most people on the reviews make claim that they never did get their tickets or when turning up at venues NONE of their details were registered as valid to get their tickets,some venues turned fans away ticket-less some venues were good enough to take the evidence people,email confirmations,passport ID etc to validate that they had indeed bought tickets.

I tried for 3:30 hours tonight,got to ticket check out twice then nothing.It is now 2am here but I am breaking my sleep to get up regularly to check if there is an email from them but the site is still showing as down.

I feel any chance of getting tickets is draining away,all I want is two tickets for Manchester,that is all.

Shame on Ten Club for further fiasco and not going to a reliable ticket site,it begs the question of are Ticketmaster really that evil?
    As I have NEVER had problems like this with them,and I'd rather pay extra on fees than have to deal with this kind of shit!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited December 2011
    Bummer for the Euro fans, I feel your pain. It sucks big time if you took a 1/2 day from work or made arrangements to be online, only to have it crash from the amount of traffic.

To all the people who say 10C doesn't guarantee you tickets:
    No they don't, but they do tell you they will make a certain amount available to the tenclub before the general public sale. The least they can do is find a server / ticket company that can handle the amount of traffic and transactions until those tickets are sold out.

If the tickets sell out in 20 minutes and you don't get any, that's shitty luck. If you can't succesfully check out when you have tickets secured in your shopping cart, and then your sale times out because the site can't handle the traffic/ server crashes that's shitty service. At this point, PJ is not taking good care of people who join 10c for this opportunity (like most people agree, we're not paying the $ for the Deep magazine - and if you don't want people to join for this reason, stop advertising it as a service).

I'm sure they care and want to do right by the 10c, they just need to hire someone who (or "GASP" a corporation that) can handle this.

This has happened enough times with this band's presales, and there are enough success stories from other bands / organizations with this sort of thing to make this inexcusable. In less than 3 weeks it will be 2012, the technology is out there & available. Use it.

I hope they have it figured out before the next US tour, but I don't have much faith.

Good luck all you Euro 10c members, I hope you have success in the morning or with the general public sales.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    I wonder if my tickets will still be in my cart tomorrow...

I'm still trying for 3 shows. The only good thing about this sale delay is I can continue to sweet talk the wife so she won't be as angry when she finds out that we're going to Europe this summer...If we get tickets.
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933

I'm still trying for 3 shows. The only good thing about this sale delay is I can continue to sweet talk the wife so she won't be as angry when she finds out that we're going to Europe this summer...If we get tickets.

Try it again...you may get lucky.
    Go to their site and login with your email and the pass code. It will display all that is in your cart.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Wow, this sucks. I'm not trying for tickets but after going through the Alpine ticket presale I was really hoping the switch to Crowd Surge would work out well for you guys in Europe. I think there are a few things to consider:

1. Paying for a 10club membership is never going to guarantee you are going to get tickets through the presale, no system is ever going to change that.
    2. I think it might be time to limit the number of shows members can buy tickets to for each tour. Something has to be done to limit the number of people trying to get tickets at the same time. They should have staggered the on sale times again too.
    3. If they can't partner with someone else (like Ticketmaster) who can handle the amount of traffic at once, then I think we'd all be better off with some sort of lottery system (like a modern version of sending in the index cards). This gives an equal chance to people who have to work or can't get to a computer at the presale time. I know not everybody likes this method, but I think it's something to seriously consider at this point. What are other bands doing, the 10club shouldn't be reinventing the wheel here.

Anyway, just disappointed that it doesn't sound like things are any better than they were earlier this year. Hopefully they figure something out tonight/tomorrow for everybody trying to get tickets. Good luck.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Aero83_ wrote:

Go to their site and login with your email and the pass code. It will display all that is in your cart.

Everytime I go back to the site it is still showing the site shut down message,I can't get into my cart :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

Everytime I go back to the site it is still showing the site shut down message,I can't get into my cart :?

Same for me.
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462

Thats the best idea i've heard so far.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    please corrige the empy cart when we are 4 shows on cart !!!! !
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051

Thats the best idea i've heard so far.

Ah, thanks. I think EV and the boys wrote a song after me on Backspacer. "The Fixer".... :lol:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    See new update in original post.

Thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    .....the song remains the same
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

I think they are saying to go to the main website (http://www.crowdsurge.com) and log in. You can get to your cart.
  • Options
    Kat wrote:

Thank you.

Can you work overnight to diagnose Ten Club's problem with Ticket Pre Sales overall? Thanks. Bang up job the last few months. Really impressed :)
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

shocker .....

im never buying tickets through 10c .................
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    warrenfse wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Thank you.

Can you work overnight to diagnose Ten Club's problem with Ticket Pre Sales overall? Thanks. Bang up job the last few months. Really impressed :)
    It only took them what,6 hours to say.."hey..we still dont have a clue what we are doing people...." :shock:
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    i was so lucky...finnish berlin-stocholm at less a min..my tour buddy after an hour told me she cant get tix,,for the rest,,oslo,copenhagen...i just refresh once and bought them again in less than 1 min..
    i use chrome and went to internet cafe for better speed...sorry for the rest..
    but think positive,,u will score..they will fix it i hope..
    if not..there is always spares.. :)

This might be important: I also use Chrome and got my Manchester in less than a minute. I have always had a horrible, horrible time before and I was not using it. Might be worth a try.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,301
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Update From CrowdSurge: We will be working throughout the night to diagnose the problem that occurred during today's pre-sale. Please check back for updates.
    Is that 'night' as in Europe?

Are we supposed to keep checking all day? If/when they fix it it's likely to be the middle of the night here again when the tickets go on sale...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    its truly incredible...its like Lovie Smith still coaching the Bears
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

shocker .....

im never buying tickets through 10c .................

...and that's not by choice
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    Sawyer wrote:
    its truly incredible...its like Lovie Smith still coaching the Bears
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • Options
    well guys,going to bed.its 3;45 in the morning and still don"t have tix.
    hope i will get some sleep,dont know what to do early in the morning,get up or?
    any suggestions?thx :shock:
    '92 pinkpop-2000 pinkpop-2006 arnhem-2007 nijmegen-2009 rotterdam-2010 nijmegen-
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    If the servers and everything are in the States it would make sense to stick to American time zones, since people will be awake and able to deal with stuff (supposedly ;-) ). Plenty of advance notice should do the trick. It's not like 9am is that much more convenient than 6pm. There will always be people who are at work, travelling, taking care of kids... but with enough notice we can try and sort something.

I understand Crowdsurge is based in the UK

Judging by how my 2 american credit card companies reacted to the charge, I'd say you are right :)
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I have just checked these guys out on review sites.It is alarming the way their system runs,most people on the reviews make claim that they never did get their tickets or when turning up at venues NONE of their details were registered as valid to get their tickets,some venues turned fans away ticket-less some venues were good enough to take the evidence people,email confirmations,passport ID etc to validate that they had indeed bought tickets.

I tried for 3:30 hours tonight,got to ticket check out twice then nothing.It is now 2am here but I am breaking my sleep to get up regularly to check if there is an email from them but the site is still showing as down.

I feel any chance of getting tickets is draining away,all I want is two tickets for Manchester,that is all.

Shame on Ten Club for further fiasco and not going to a reliable ticket site,it begs the question of are Ticketmaster really that evil?
    As I have NEVER had problems like this with them,and I'd rather pay extra on fees than have to deal with this kind of shit!

This really worries me. My Amex was declined, and I got an email from them to double check. I then used my Visa and received a call from them to verify the transaction. And I travel a lot, and this NEVER happened to me. This fuckup seems to be bottomless.
This discussion has been closed.