Options

UPDATED: Message To PJ Fans From CrowdSurge

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Update From CrowdSurge: We will be working throughout the night to diagnose the problem that occurred during today's pre-sale. Please check back for updates.

Unfortunately, due to issues beyond our control, we have experienced technical issues with the presale.

In order to best serve members of the Ten Club, we are going to take presales offline for now, and return to members shortly with an alternate way of providing presale ticket access. We will give advance notice with details of when the presale will resume via email and website.

If you have already successfully purchased tickets, your ticket order is complete and you do not have to await further instructions. 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    You have nothing to add to this Tim? C'mon Tim, this is seriously out of hand. Your business practices are failing on a regular basis and we are suffering from it. Man up, do something......
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    No excuse really is it. "Issues beyond our control" just doesn't cut it. Just shows there was no preparation whatsoever.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    Are you guys ever embarrassed by your performance during these ticket sales? Seriously?

I was the guy who called in on Rob's Show during the PJ20 ticket debacle who called for Tim's head on this. It's amazing how incompetent the Ten Club is.

Jeff Ament also said to me: "This will never happen again!"

Whoops.
  • Options
    Yoda73Yoda73 Posts: 10
    Yeah right!
    'Issues beyond our control'...reading this makes me wanna puke. I mean selling fucking tickets online is not rocket science. I've ruined my whole afternoon to be home by the time pre-sale starts, wasted the rest of the evening with this sorry ass crowdsurge website and now they want to start all over when general sale starts tomorrow and the day after.
    Give me a break!!!
    I've had it with those incapable organisations...if relaying messages from crowdsurge is all 10c is able to do for us...then I am out spending my membership fee elsewhere!!!
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Unfortunately, due to issues beyond our control, we have experienced technical issues with the presale.

In order to best serve members of the Ten Club, we are going to take presales offline for now, and return to members shortly with an alternate way of providing presale ticket access. We will give advance notice with details of when the presale will resume via email and website.

If you have already successfully purchased tickets, your ticket order is complete and you do not have to await further instructions. 

:roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    This is bullshit. 3 hrs, 8 attempts. and nothing. wanted to buy only 2 god damn berlin tickets. fuck those wankers from crowd surge. this is beyond my control!
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:

• Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    Could you resolved the empty cart problem please too !!!!???
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:

• Options
    "You fucked it friend."
  • Options
    Just one tiny little question: What do they mean by "shortly"? Just looking for a timeframe here. Hours? Days?
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    warrenfse wrote:
    Are you guys ever embarrassed by your performance during these ticket sales? Seriously?

I was the guy who called in on Rob's Show during the PJ20 ticket debacle who called for Tim's head on this. It's amazing how incompetent the Ten Club is.

Jeff Ament also said to me: "This will never happen again!"

Whoops.
    $40 get u-
    Bang-Your-Head-Against-The-Wall Ticket Pre-Sales.
    :?
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

Damn 10C. Even this server is crashing. It posted my shit 3 times. Whatever...
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    Rubysdad wrote:

Damn 10C. Even this server is crashing. It posted my shit 3 times. Whatever...
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Well. I'm not usually one to get involved with the ticket fiasco postings but I feel now is my time.

My situation is I work for a small charity that gives dreams to kids with learning difficulties.

About 2 weeks ago I arranged to meet a family tonight so I, as the manager of the local areancould present a kid with his dream.

The tour and sale dates are released and this clashes. Most things I could re-arrange but not this.

There is no point in saying I've been into PJ since blah,blah,blah but they are my favourite band and I love seeing them live.

So how to get tickets I wonder? Hmmm...I ask someone who works for me if she will,for a wage, sit on the pc when she gets home and get me my tickets. Yes. I offer her £10 an hour because it's really a favour she doesn't need to be doing and I reckon it'll take 20 minutes and we're both happy. I get my tickets,she's £10 richer.

The child I gave a dream to is speechless and in a chair with cerebral palsy. What we were able to give him will provide a better quality of life. I wonder how the parents would have regarded the charity I work for if I'd broken the arrangement? I couldn't do that. But it seems really easy for a band with the resources PJ has to put people out and there be no real apology or accountabilty.

My staff member was online for 3 hours before I could get back home and take over. It cost me £30 for nothing. She is a single parent of a 5yo who needed her attention.

So,I'm pissed off,out of pocket and still have no tickets.

I am also baffled that this happens again and again.

And the message from Crowdsurge tells me nothing except that the system doesn't work and will sometime.

When?

I like getting my 10c tix for no other reason than they're 10c tix. Direct from my favourite band....but it sure is a waste of time,money and effort.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    a complete and utter joke..time off work to put up with these amateurs ??? 3 fucking hours staring at my screen waiting for things to happen..i actually had the tickets in my cart..proceeded to payment and it said the cart was empty, too many times to mention...crowdsurge is a fucking disgrace, did they not realise there would be quite a few people trying the same time ?? so pissed off right now !
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    mipmip Posts: 33
    I hate silence in situations like this. Inform us FFS!
  • Options
    I would like some clarification :idea: :

Did you incorporate the Crowdsurge solution on your own site, on your own servers?

It's pretty obvious since the pearljam.com was horribly slow as well.

That says a lot about whoever decided this.
    It's not the PJ site itself that is the problem, it's the amount of ppl trying to access the site.
    You've had this problem before and try the same (but different)? :shock:

It can't be a coincidence....
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Seb77Seb77 Amsterdam Posts: 78
    Uhm and does anybody else feel the name 'crowdsurge" is rather inappropriate???????
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Ten Club promised this would never happen again.
    :?
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,583
    this is...WRONG.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    as internet purchase appears to be so difficult, may i suggest 10C deliver those tickets to my house personally? i'll be happy to pay cash
  • Options
    I am one of the lucky ones who managed to get a pair for Manchester before the FAIL but just wanted share a website that might help when they go on general sale...

If you are thinking of going to Manchester, I live just outside in town called Warrington, and Millenium Concert Travel ticket ticket and coach and ticket and hotel packages which are usually really easy to buy when things get manic - I got 4 Stone Roses tickets really easily this way when it was manic.

Anyway - if you struggle http://www.mct-online.co.uk/acatalog/Pearl_Jam.html

Good luck everyone though and someone at Crowdsurge best pay a price for this.
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    Amateur hour. If most people did their jobs this poorly, they wouldn't have jobs. The complete lack of information only underscores that someone is simply not doing their job. A simple post, even one saying, "Hang in there, we're figuring things out right now and will have information to you in X number of hours" is not too much to ask. Thousands of PJs true fans rearranged schedules, put off important tasks, saved up money, put aside family and other important obligations because they care so much about this band. Is it too much to ask that the band (or more importantly, those behind the scenes) actually care even just a little in return?

You want to run the band like a business and nickel and dime the fans for every little trinket and overpriced hoodie and pair of socks, fine. But if you're going to run this band like a corporate business then you're going to have to start acting like one. That means accountability, that means your "customers" are always right, that means you serve those who keep you in business. Corporations that don't do that cease to be solvent and eventually cease to exist.

The sheer ego behind all of this is staggering. It's insulting. It's like, "We're so big and so awesome that we can do whatever we want, treat our fans however we want. If they don't like it, there's plenty more in line right behind 'em, so who cares what you think or how long you have to wait or how much you have to pay. If you don't like it, too bad for you." This is an amateur operation, run by amateurs who don't have clue one what they're doing. It's all ego, no delivery. I'm truly and honestly disgusted.

You can't even keep your own web site running properly with a mere few hundred fans logged on. Are you kidding me? Is this the 1995 version of the Internet or something?
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    I am one of the lucky ones who managed to get a pair for Manchester before the FAIL but just wanted share a website that might help when they go on general sale...

If you are thinking of going to Manchester, I live just outside in town called Warrington, and Millenium Concert Travel ticket ticket and coach and ticket and hotel packages which are usually really easy to buy when things get manic - I got 4 Stone Roses tickets really easily this way when it was manic.

Anyway - if you struggle http://www.mct-online.co.uk/acatalog/Pearl_Jam.html

Good luck everyone though and someone at Crowdsurge best pay a price for this.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Oh dear GOD.

You're acting like 10c staff came up to your house and shat on your kitten for crying out loud.

They don't want to fail, they evidently thought that switching to crowdsurge would fix the historic problems, but unfortunately problems have persisted. Do you really think they are keen on having privileged little buggers starting multiple threads on the same frickin topic for HOURS calling them every name under the sun?!

I tried to get tickets and failed. Annoyed but I am over it and will pay attention for updates....is that a tricky concept? I got much more annoyed in the past, but now realise....what does it achieve?

Cheers for trying something new 10c....I know you don't want to fail, and it's a real shame things turned out so badly. Evidently you have literally destroyed the lives of a number of "dedicated" fans, but they'll get over it soon.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    Where do I apply for fan club director?

I kid I kid.. sorry to those who are having problems today...including Tim.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I stayed off line once I was aware there were tickets for sale today...

I wondered why things were so slow, then found out.

Guess I'll never get my issue of DEEP and HOLIDAY SINGLE now...

The 10C really should look into hiring an expert/consultant and make us proud.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I don't take ANY excuses. It's hard to believe that we live in 21st fucking century, with all technology and shit is rapidly developing on a daily basis and 10c and crowdsurge cannot handle one fanclub presale???
    There are NO WORDS to justify this failure. It's not the first time, and I'm afraid, not the last time either.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    How are other bands selling tickets successfully? It seems, in this day and age that reinventing the wheel is unnecessary, considering that other bands (DMB?) sell tickets successfully. How do they do it differently than PJ does it?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
This discussion has been closed.