What does God look like ?

123457»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    pandora wrote:
    [as I mentioned you guys so funny if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
    its a duck
    unless its a platypus.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pandora wrote:
    as I mentioned you guys so funny if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
    its a duck

some posts no question about perception

no.... I said some come to insult out of being defensive not while they are stating their beliefs

Big difference

Your fence Jonny is showing ;)

As I have said

So the debate becomes the validity of the question itself.

To me that is wrong .. the question was a valid one for believers and
    had awesome potential until non believers made it a joke.

But its not too late perhaps we can get more beautiful conjuring imagery
    as some have posted ... their posts in all seriousness with reflection...
    not satirical.

Oh well, I disagree, but thats fine.
    Especially with the idea that non-believers might have entered this thread and been surprised enough to get defensive. I cant speak for everyone, but I knew exactly how this thread would unravel itself. I saw nobody on the defensive except believers labeling people as acting out of fear.

And yes, it does start with the validity of the question itself.
    Again, the perception of who was joking is in question I suppose...I only saw one or two that were jokes, and could be obviously dismissed as such..the cartoon and the painting. But then again, its good to see those because somewhere, somebody actually thought that up for a reason. So, it just comes down to who was offended and who thought everyone else was making a joke out of it, and took it too personally...of which I only saw two people. And those two people turned around and made a blanket statement that non-believers who do that are only acting out of fear. Quite the irony if you ask me.

So, that duck of yours might actually be a goose to the other 100 people meadering this thread. ;)

Either way, even as a non-believer myself, I find the question and ALL of the answers (good or bad) very fascinating. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,007
    Topic derailed

Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments. Look your comments over before hitting Submit and be sure you're debating THE TOPIC.
This discussion has been closed.