*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Yep... even some behind me and next to me **waves hello to Rita!**, also a lovely girl from Israel and her mates, aussies, french, american and canadian.. and that was just the people around me! Oh! I forgot! There were some brits too! Loved it! :D

And a confession here... I did wipe my brow with a bit of a portuguese flag (which was actually wrapped around the guy's arm) :o
    well you didn't q for 9 hours before the gig only to have them all come from nowhere and jump in front of us... it makes a big difference :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    nope, he wasn't mentioned in dublin at all, just the Astoria.
    Told ya... senior moment....
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I doubt the sound was crystal clear for light years... cos they didn't play it :p
    See! the loud music has addled his brain.
    dunkman wrote:
    its weird cos everyone is saying it was really loud and the wall of noise meant the songs were indecipherable... i thought it was loud but perhaps i'm going deaf as i didnt think it was too bad.

my ears were a bit funny afterwards, but within 10minutes they went back to normal
    I agree... well at first I could actually feel the beat go through me and my ears started to hurt after a few songs but only briefly and it sounded brilliant then. My hearing was completely back to normal yesterday.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I doubt the sound was crystal clear for light years... cos they didn't play it :p

Crap did I say Light Years? I meant Low Light! Bloody songs beginning with bloody 'L'.

Bloody L.

:D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • nuffingman wrote:
    See! the loud music has addled his brain.

LOL

I just had a possible epiphany.

Does anyone ever wonder whether the reason why we're all complaining about the loud sound is because, erm.....

WE'RE

GETTING

OLD?? :eek:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

well you didn't q for 9 hours before the gig only to have them all come from nowhere and jump in front of us... it makes a big difference :o

Hey... I'm talking about inside... But really.. writing "just more fucking portuguese" is wrong and insensitive. OK.. you had this bunch of people coming in the queue in front of you... let's just say 'people' or 'shitheads' or 'wankers' avoiding nationalities... much nicer. :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    Yep and he gave Pete a chant at the Astoria :)

EDIT: and Dunk I wear attenuating earplugs at gigs so it sounded great to me :D

i'm getting a pair of them... my friend has them for when he does the sound for other bands and says they are brilliant!!!

how much were they Pips?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • sisyphesisyphe Posts: 40
    dunkman wrote:
    its weird cos everyone is saying it was really loud and the wall of noise meant the songs were indecipherable... i thought it was loud but perhaps i'm going deaf as i didnt think it was too bad.

The sound was quite crap at a distance from the stage. I left the pit to get some water during World Wide Suicide and came back as RITFW was playing. The sound was horrible, metallic, making it quite hard to hear the quitars. And it only got worse when Indifference rolled around - you could only hear Ed and the drums, everything else was just muffled.
    I'm questioning my education
    Rewind and what does it show?
    Could be, the truth it becomes you
    I'm a seed, wondering why it grows

Stockholm '00
    Paris '06
    London '07
    nuffingman wrote:
    So ruining others view doesn't bother you? The fact you're OK is all that matters! So you wave your little flags to say "Look at us we are Portuguese"

WE DON'T CARE!!:mad:
    Yep, I don't want to turn this thread into a bitching session... please lets not do that :o BUT I did say before that a little respect for those around you is necessary... but it's hard to understand apparently.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I agree... well at first I could actually feel the beat go through me and my ears started to hurt after a few songs but only briefly and it sounded brilliant then. My hearing was completely back to normal yesterday.

My ears were fine, I felt the bass and the beat vibrate through my whole body! Used to do that when I was younger... sit between speakers and feel the music go through (beats the spin cycle on the washing machine!) :D
  • redrock wrote:
    My ears were fine, I felt the bass and the beat vibrate through my whole body! Used to do that when I was younger... sit between speakers and feel the music go through (beats the spin cycle on the washing machine!) :D

Did you have an EARgasm?? :D

• Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    LOL

I just had a possible epiphany.

Does anyone ever wonder whether the reason why we're all complaining about the loud sound is because, erm.....

WE'RE

GETTING

OLD?? :eek:

Hehehe! I am defitinely getting old ;) First thing I thought when that drum kicked in was "Oh no, now I won't be able to understand anyone who speaks to me on the phone anymore" I've been struggling with my hearing for a while now ;) Won't forget ear plugs next time!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    nuffingman wrote:
    So ruining others view doesn't bother you? The fact you're OK is all that matters! So you wave your little flags to say "Look at us we are Portuguese"

WE DON'T CARE!!:mad:

I saw things that seems so bad that our flags....

And to finish:

Great show....Great crown... Great 10C fans... Great City....
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
    Did you have an EARgasm?? :D
    :D:D:D:D
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    Yield72 wrote:
    I really don't undserstand all this situation about portuguese flags...
    We run all over the world with our flags...Never was any problem....

"...just more fuckin portugese..." and to yhis I just want to say: GET A LIVE!!!

Oh,you mean get a LIFE!! Oh, I see.:)
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Yep, I don't want to turn this thread into a bitching session... please lets not do that :o BUT I did say before that a little respect for those around you is necessary... but it's hard to understand apparently.
    Yes, bitching over! We've had our say... just don't bring them again or they will go where the sun doesn't shine.

And harmless_little_f***, yes I know what you mean. Age is winning.:(
    nuffingman wrote:
    or they will go where the sun doesn't shine.

:eek: Helen.... don't bring your Irish flags to Copenhagen... that would be just tooooooooo gross! :D
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Lots of people talking about the volume... I was wearing earplugs and even with them it seemed loud (very tolerable though). I just couldn't imagine not wearing earplugs when going to gigs though.
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
    redrock wrote:
    :eek: Helen.... don't bring your Irish flags to Copenhagen... that would be just tooooooooo gross! :D
    I WEAR the flag, don't hold it in peoples faces :cool: so I can't imagine anyone trying that :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • What an awesome show !!!

This gig seemed almost tailormade for me as the band played many songs that they hadn't played at the 3 previous shows i had attended in the past 7 years so i was happy that most of the standard songs were omitted, although i would have been more than happy if they had carried on playing to include those as well !!!!

Porch was amazing and the view from S11 over the arena during the highly charged singalong of indifference was pure emotion to the eyes !!

Guys.......a bootleg of this please.

Saw Ozzy the following night......not too much to say about that apart from the fantastic backing band need a new singer.

Wembley 2000
    Reading 2006
    Paris 2006
    Wembley 2007
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd....

photos.

http://jeffs-odyssey.livejournal.com/89493.html

champion jeff, thats what we have been waiting for...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • cclayescclayes Posts: 28
    i thought the gig was amazing!Great set...however

one thing that riled me was the fact that people were doin anything they could to stay in their little groups at/near the front!!Pushing and shoving that was only exasperated during the rockier songs!i understand what being down the front entails but this was just crap same goes for the people who seemed to do nothing but take photos, i understand everyone wants memories but cmon!

The only thing other things was the massive massive push for for when the drumsticks and plectrums were thrown into the crowd at the end, everyone just seemed to fall over as people who had absolutely no chance of getting anything shoved in a mad rush as if it was a matter of life or death!As much as i wouldve like something myself it was complety pointless and dangerous and noticably had shaken up some people around me!

anyway....thats just my general opinion, choose to agree or disagree!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    we were all moaning about them in the q to start... feckin pain in the arse they were. We were there at about 9.20am and there was maybe 20 people in front of us (maybe 4 portugese) ... so... front row! Suddenly there was about fuckin 50 of them and we knew our front row chances were gone. Also there were two of them right in front of me at the barrier and when I tried to rest my hand on the barrier between them, she (girl in yellow tshirt) looking around at me giving me a dirty look... so it made me a wee bit happier that I'd managed to piss HER off :) . They pissed a LOT of people off!

where were you helen? i lost you after we went in the door...
    i was 3rd row, right infront of mike, and in front of those Portuguese crazys...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • whalewhale Posts: 3
    Keep an eye on "Pearljamevolution.blogspot.com" which has downloads for the concerts in Portugal and Germany. Whether or not they will get the Wembley one remains to be seen. Some good photos on the site too, particularly of the Iraqi war vet who Eddie met and for whom he wrote the song "No More" ( played at Wembley) and to be used in the BodyOfWar film.
    where were you helen? i lost you after we went in the door...
    i was 3rd row, right infront of mike, and in front of those Portuguese crazys...
    I was 2nd row over past Stone, along with Kristen, Damian, Elodie, Ian, Laura... we lost Marina somewhere too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was 2nd row over past Stone, along with Kristen, Damian, Elodie, Ian, Laura... we lost Marina somewhere too.

I found Marina for ya! she was front row over past Mike (where Ed stopped during his wander in Porch) right in front of me :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    Stunning show. My 10th PJ gig and the band are as raw as i first saw them back at the Glasgow Cathouse in 92.

Starting with Long Road just set the tone for an awesome evening and I finally got to see Crazy Mary live. How many other bands could leave so many 'favourites' from their setlist and still deliver such a great show?

Indifference as a set closer was immense. So many great moments but i thought Marker In the sand showed that this band have got so much more to give us and are not finished as a recording band.

Up to Tuesday night my top 2 gigs of the year were Arcade Fire 2nd night at the barras followed by James 2nd night at Glasgow Academy. I didn't think anything would surpass them but PJ didn't let me down.

Kinda sad that i won't get to see them for another long time but it was a privilege to be there on Tuesday night.
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348

Somehow I get this feeling I was standing behind you. Were you with 2 dudes who left briefly after Idlewild? Me and my friend kept their places :) And were the people in front of you a blond lady and a tall dude with a blue hoody and glasses? :D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun