Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    EsmeraldaEsmeralda Posts: 2
    New to board but not the band. Liked them since early 90s. Just wanted to add my fourpenneth to the board. Saw them in Stockholm 2000 when (sigh) I knew all the songs. That concert will live with me because I'd sneaked off work to see them and then had chance to talk to them next day, as unbeknown to me, they were staying in my hotel.

Wembley was equally memorable as it was a set for the fans and the band really seemed to enjoyed it and just played their buns off. It was moving to see so many enjoying themselves including families. The sound was not good for us though - we were just to the side of the mixing desk. Also I hadnt fully digested the latest CD due to serious competition with my toddler for the cd player. I'm working on her though and maybe she'll come with me to see Eddie et al albeit when we're all quite a bit older.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Hinny wrote:
    Highlights were definitely Faithfull and, ohmygod, Parachutes.

Heaven knows if there\'s a ceiling
    Come so low with the kneeling
    Please know that I got all the friends I\'m needing
    Before my light go out
    As the doors are closing now

And far away will be my home
    And to grasp this, I don\'t know
    But I don\'t need
    Further back and forth, a wave will break on me today

And love
    Wish the world could glow again with love
    One can\'t seem to have enough

And war
    Break the sky and tell me what it\'s for
    I\'ll travel there on my own

And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

I used to have a totally different interpretation, but now it's all about this wonderful journez Iäm taking with my friends. Mz dear dear friends.

For all those not in Dusseldorf, I miss zou alreadz.

I miss you too, my friends :o

It was a great great night. and this song was ...wow :)

Oh, can you please tell Rob when he wakes up, that Lydia should be doing
    Dusseldorf and Nijmegen, so he can look for her before the shows.
    Havent heard from her, would love to know how was London for her.
    Thanks. :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Aw crap dude... I went to the Verona show last year and when I came out I had a wishlist of songs that they didn't play and EVERY last one of them was played on Monday!!!! It was like they read my mind when they wrote the set list!

I was a row from the front bouncing and moshing with my wife screaming every word!!!

Immortality, Down, Present Tense and then State of Love and Trust!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously had a frickin' tear in my eye and major chills when SoLaT started up!

I've still got ringing in my ears!

Was gunna shoot some of it but the bee-atches on security pinched my camera and refused to let me take it in even though they let people in front and behind me...What the hell?

Are they bringing out the Bootlegs though? Cos' all last years are gone and nothing's up for this leg at all yet... :(
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Glad to meet you too

Yes! She's got one. Surfboard logo on her right shoulder. Its pretty cool.
    Im sure she'll be posting some pics soon ;)

The guy say its gonna take 40 mins, took im at least an hour, plus we waited
    before that. Then theyve finally put some PJ, siging along to Ten was pretty fun since a bunch of us gathered at the tattoo shop :D It was pretty obvious who we were.
    So I guess London show really ispired them to get the tatts. I think babs is getting her done after the tour when she gets back to London.
    Any more shows for you, lady?

Nope I'm all done :( ... you too right? I wanna do it all again :D

Helen some of us stayed at the pub ... then Pin and Babs decided to go and get tats (with company) ... I headed home about 8.30 (just as a thunder storm started :rolleyes: ) as work the next day.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I know. I was so depressed after Zagreb last year. :(
    Couldnt listen to any boots, see any pics or anything else...

Oh, yeah, I remember now. you went to the airport :D:o
    :D penny dropped eh?

Hinny :) hellooooooo, was great meeting you too, after I FINALLY figured who you were lol. Parachutes had me closer to tears than any other song... especially the line 'a wave will break on me today', I've no idea what it means but it seemed to sum up what I was feeling at the time.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Nope I'm all done :( ... you too right? I wanna do it all again :D

Helen some of us stayed at the pub ... then Pin and Babs decided to go and get tats (with company) ... I headed home about 8.30 (just as a thunder storm started :rolleyes: ) as work the next day.
    Ah ok! Yep, I saw the lightning at the airport. Ya know about me and lightning when I travel? WTF??? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    Is there any word on whether someone made a bootleg of the show?
  • Options
    Is there any word on whether someone made a bootleg of the show?
    Nothing yet I don't think :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Parachutes had me closer to tears than any other song...

What a song.
    I didn't expected it, really. Last year they played 3 or 4 times in the whole tour, maybe...

My woman love it, and when she heard the first notes from stone she literally exploded.

Was one of the highlights of this memorable show, yes...
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    trammeus wrote:
    What a song.
    I didn't expected it, really. Last year they played 3 or 4 times in the whole tour, maybe...

My woman love it, and when she heard the first notes from stone she literally exploded.

:) absolutely... it was brilliant! It's one of my favourites anyway and was my first time hearing it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'm so glad and grateful for the show but it's not enough...I wish I had booked up for more shows!

Aching for more PJ!

Next tour I'm going to book as many as possible and try to work on the road with a laptop...

I NEED THE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
  • Options
    I'm so glad and grateful for the show but it's not enough...I wish I had booked up for more shows!

Aching for more PJ!

Next tour I'm going to book as many as possible and try to work on the road with a laptop...

I NEED THE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It would be a tragedy if they don't release a boot of this show :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839

The 10C members would have to start a mini-revolution :D

I seriously want to fly to Chicago now and see them at Lolla but money, money, money :(
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Got back home from London last night and I'm still absolutely captivated! What an amazing show! Some of the big highlights for me were Present Tense, Alive and Mike playing Why Go behind his head. I don't want to come down from this high.
    Also, I've just bought a couple of Idlewild albums. They were brilliant - great show openers. Oh and they're Scottish too, not that I'm biased in any way of course!
    Wembley Arena, London 2007
    Manchester 1, Manchester Arena, 2012
    Leeds First Direct Arena, 2014
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Esmeralda wrote:
    New to board but not the band. Liked them since early 90s. Just wanted to add my fourpenneth to the board. Saw them in Stockholm 2000 when (sigh) I knew all the songs. That concert will live with me because I'd sneaked off work to see them and then had chance to talk to them next day, as unbeknown to me, they were staying in my hotel.

Wembley was equally memorable as it was a set for the fans and the band really seemed to enjoyed it and just played their buns off. It was moving to see so many enjoying themselves including families. The sound was not good for us though - we were just to the side of the mixing desk. Also I hadnt fully digested the latest CD due to serious competition with my toddler for the cd player. I'm working on her though and maybe she'll come with me to see Eddie et al albeit when we're all quite a bit older.
    Welcome on board! Glad you enjoyed it. :)
  • Options
    It would be a nightmare. Missoula 05 wasn't an official boot but it became available. I wonder if there's a chance with Wembley.
  • Options
    martina78martina78 Posts: 29
    I was devastated after Dublin in particular, couldn't even leave the house. London & Verona were a bit different cos I was on holiday and came home... but after Dublin and having everyone stay in my house and then suddenly they were all gone :eek: It was just a horrible feeling.
    Yeah, its so horrible. I can't even listen to them at the moment. Gaz was back at work last night and had the Perth 2003 boot on in the car, again where they opened with Long Road and he said he nearly started fuckin crying! To be honest I don't think I'm ready for a boot of the other night yet. Think it's going to take a bit longer to get over!
    We're already planning what we'll do or where we'll go if they play somewhere next year! We'll just have to bring the two boys with us!
  • Options
    martina78 wrote:
    Yeah, its so horrible. I can't even listen to them at the moment. Gaz was back at work last night and had the Perth 2003 boot on in the car, again where they opened with Long Road and he said he nearly started fuckin crying! To be honest I don't think I'm ready for a boot of the other night yet. Think it's going to take a bit longer to get over!
    We're already planning what we'll do or where we'll go if they play somewhere next year! We'll just have to bring the two boys with us!
    I know exactly how you feel... I couldn't listen to them for weeks... but once I finally did, I couldn't stop. It reallly is the most horrible feeling. It's just so empty, isn't it? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i've been to 3 gigs.. only 1 official boot... they hate me :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    :o nope, I think it's me dunk :o

Ok, well I have 2 out of 4 but by the end of the summer it will be 2 out of 6... and many people doing more concerts than me :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Well can you please stop going? You're fuckin it up for the rest of us. ;)
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:
    The 10C members would have to start a mini-revolution :D

I seriously want to fly to Chicago now and see them at Lolla but money, money, money :(
    one mini revolution coming up :)

money's a pain in the arse... can't you turn to prostitution or something? It would be worth it in the long run :D

how do you think I can afford lolla? :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    nuffingman wrote:
    It would be a nightmare. Missoula 05 wasn't an official boot but it became available. I wonder if there's a chance with Wembley.

is there a soundboard (or something similar) of this show ? the copy i have says it was taped "Section 103 row 2 seat...the stage side" and is OK but if there's a better version out there... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    trammeus wrote:

spontaneous combustion or explosion of someone in the crowd would certainly be a highlight... if a rather messy one... :D :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

well i'm 2 for 3 so that must mean they like me 50% more than you...! ;)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:
    Well can you please stop going? You're fuckin it up for the rest of us. ;)

i know... :D:D

i can picture Ed sitting saying "we'll release every fucking show we ever do over here in the US... but those europeans can fuck off.. that'll teach them to be so fucking cool and being the best fans ever...and it'l fuck Dunk off, which serves him right for not letting me stroke his hairy chandeliers"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    *I can't hear you...*
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Totally screamed after I got out of the arena and kinda realized what had just happened. An unreal show, but even better, getting a setlist from Mike and intreacting with him and Eddie...OMG! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    one mini revolution coming up :)

money's a pain in the arse... can't you turn to prostitution or something? It would be worth it in the long run :D

how do you think I can afford lolla? :p

hehehe...

I am seriously considering turning to prostitution if it means I'll see Pearl Jam again ;)
    Although selling my soul might be easier.... Any takers? :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Noah ManNoah Man Posts: 3
    My hearing's not great and I can almost never hear what bands say to the audience. This is the main reason why I need a bootleg.

Could anyone with a good memory tell me the gist of what Ed was saying before No More? Or any other stage banter for that matter?

I'll like, be your best friend and stuff!
    Wembley 30/5/00
    Reading 06
    Wembley 18/6/07
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    Whats all this talk of no Wembley boot??????

You are fucking kidding me right?????
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man