Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    Some things that maybe haven't been said already...

The 10C queue was the best organized that I've experienced. The Wembley security did a great job prior to the doors opening. The only problem was that the people at the southeast entrance (there were two entrances) got into the floor way before the northeast people. The first person from NE was like the 50th person on the floor. But I guess that is to be expected when there are two entrances. The NE group was delayed by security once the doors opened.

I'd like to give special thanks to Amy and Simon, two familiar 10C faces who are some of the nicest, most sincere people I've met from the 10C. It's true that the bonds you make before the show can be just as important as your experience during the show!

Regarding the sound, I thought it was perfect near the front. We were to the right of Stone in front of the speakers. No problems there. In fact, Eddie's vocals were fantastic throughout the show.

The first set was the best I've ever seen Pearl Jam live. Everything clicked during the whole set. Eddie seemed really on top of his game. No lyric mishaps that I remember, and his voice sounded really good. He was confident enough in his voice to sing Comatose early in the set, which is a rarity.

Our side was also lucky enough to get wine. My first taste at a PJ show!

With Eddie's voice having another few days of rest between shows, I'm anticipating Duesseldorf to be something special too.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Nickrand wrote:
    Some things that maybe haven't been said already...

The 10C queue was the best organized that I've experienced. The Wembley security did a great job prior to the doors opening. The only problem was that the people at the southeast entrance (there were two entrances) got into the floor way before the northeast people. The first person from NE was like the 50th person on the floor. But I guess that is to be expected when there are two entrances. The NE group was delayed by security once the doors opened.

I'd like to give special thanks to Amy and Simon, two familiar 10C faces who are some of the nicest, most sincere people I've met from the 10C. It's true that the bonds you make before the show can be just as important as your experience during the show!

Regarding the sound, I thought it was perfect near the front. We were to the right of Stone in front of the speakers. No problems there. In fact, Eddie's vocals were fantastic throughout the show.

The first set was the best I've ever seen Pearl Jam live. Everything clicked during the whole set. Eddie seemed really on top of his game. No lyric mishaps that I remember, and his voice sounded really good. He was confident enough in his voice to sing Comatose early in the set, which is a rarity.

Our side was also lucky enough to get wine. My first taste at a PJ show!

With Eddie's voice having another few days of rest between shows, I'm anticipating Duesseldorf to be something special too.

Very well put. I totally agree about the organazing part. that was awesome. Unline Munich when the security messed everything up...
    anyways, I didnt know you guys went it THAT late :eek:
    I was on the other side, prolly 6th or 7th person in the line, got in and there was myybe 15ish, 20 ppl...they shouldve opened the door at the same time...
    But otherwise, everything else was PERFECT. :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,556
    So they got in before... that's why they were already standing there when I got in. Bummer I choose the north entrance then :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    animalbearanimalbear Manchester Posts: 11
    Great gig in London! Nice to London Jam & sis again. Germany tomorrow. WOO HOO!
    Leeds Festival 25.08.2006 | Marseille 23.09.2006 | Athens 30.09.2006 | London 18.06.2007 | Dusseldorf 21.06.2007 | Manchester 17.08.2009 | London Show 1 18.06.2018 | Berlin 05.07.2018 | Barcelona 10.07.2018 | Berlin 21.06.2022 | Amsterdam Show 1 24.07.2022 | Manchester 25.06.2024
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    another request here for a ticket stub if anyone has one spare.

didn't see anyone dishing them back out when i made my way off the floor to find my friend who had stayed further back.

gutted that I've not got the stub to go with the Astoria one. Two of the most special nights I've ever experienced.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    martina78 wrote:
    I'm so bummed today. I can't believe its over! I was pretty devastated last year after the Dublin gig, but now I think I'm worse! If finances and kids weren't an issue, I'd be trying to sort tickets and flights for somewhere right now!
    Why is it like this after a PJ show? I've been to lots of gigs over the years and it's only these fuckers that do this to me! Roll on the next tour!

ahhhh... finances and kids... pesky little feckers aren't they...? :D

wish i could just slip off to Dussledorf and Copenhagen... :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    I always thought it would be great to get some feedback from the band on how THEY saw/felt the show :D

after all the griping about "wish they'd not play Even Flow" etc etc on this board you'd almost think they read the damn thing and hey presto! there's you're feedback :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    An amazing 2 days in London..... here are my photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/sets/72157600411222558/

Neil!! Nice pics :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    martina78 wrote:
    Read that review last night. Obviously they don't get it, and you know, in a way I'm kinda glad. Pearl Jam are never going to get the credit they deserve for their music, let alone their live performances. But who cares what some critic thinks? Anyone who was there knows how special a night it was and just what an amazing set they played.
    I'm so bummed today. I can't believe its over! I was pretty devastated last year after the Dublin gig, but now I think I'm worse! If finances and kids weren't an issue, I'd be trying to sort tickets and flights for somewhere right now!
    Why is it like this after a PJ show? I've been to lots of gigs over the years and it's only these fuckers that do this to me! Roll on the next tour![/quote

you got it... still thinking of just leaving the family and go for one day in a park in Holand next week... just leave it all for 24 hours. fly away again.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    NH87NH87 Posts: 29
    My 2nd PJ show. I f*****g love this band!

Being from Cornwall, was thrilled to hear Pete the Roadie being given shout! Maybe Eddie visits here sometimes? I gotta find this Pete guy and shake his hand!

Queing for the merch, me and my mate met a couple who were also from Cornwall. Was very bizarre yet brilliant! Also managed to do what I've always wanted to do at a merch stall, and get s**t loads! 2 t's, all the stickers, badges and poster! 59quid! Worth every penny!

As for the gig, absolutely beautiful. Highlights were the whole damn thing! But especially Immortailty and Crazy Mary. Mike and Boom facing off was mesmerising! The floor was brilliant. Made for a very special night.

Please let there be a boot somewhere along the line!

PJ are a truly special band. They carry so much class and charisma. You Americans should be insanely proud!

I've now got the post PJ blues like I had at Reading last year. Luckily it went with the announcement of this tour. Right now, it's gonna be a good few years till I'm out of it. WHAT A BAND.
    Reading, Aug '06
    London, June '07
    Manchester, Aug '09
    London, Aug '09
    Berlin, June '10
    Manchester, June '12
    Leeds, July '14
    London, June '18
    London, July '18
    Amsterdam, July '22

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    :o I missed you... AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :eek:

This time I swear I didn't see you :)

You must have been in the northeast line, cause I looked at the top of the SE one and you weren't there :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I Got Shit was amazing. The highlight for me.
    ***Astoria, UK - 2006***
    ***Reading, UK - 2006***
    ***Wembley, UK - 2007***
    ***Nijmegen, Holland - 2007***

http://www.myspace.com/theeasymorningrebel
  • Options
    Just back at work... I am fucking shattered...

The Gig was unreal, i would go as far to say one of the best gigs i have ever been to... i lost my phone with all my piccys on it which is ace :(

highlight for me was "I got shit"

oh aye, and the people i met from the board were tops

Cheers
  • Options
    Very nice gig.
    Amazing setlist !!!!!!!!!!!
    Sound was average, sometimes awful (during "severed hand" !) but I was seating at the back (D3), so...
    Compared with Paris 06, crowd was quite calm and not so loud. But nice atmosphere.
    I only saw 2 gigs before this one (Paris & Marseille 2006) and in London 50% of the gig's songs were not played during my previous 2 gigs, so i was very happy to hear them.
    My favs : i got shit (fav of the fav to me), present tense, alive, immortality, porch, crazy mary, grievance.

Waiting for werchter, now...
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Highlights for me would definitely by Faithful, I've never really been a big fan of that song but it seemed so apt it was almost a spiritual experience, the faithful fans reassuring the band that we're gonna stay that way and Ed wanting us to know that they are faithfull to their fans too, I've never heard an audience practically drown out the band and I was up near the front, just amazing, .

I agree with every word of that... even down to the fact that I've never really liked that song but it really really felt soooo spiritual and apt :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ahahahaah. :D

Ignorants. :p
    welcome back :)

was great to finally meet ya.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    martina78 wrote:
    Read that review last night. Obviously they don't get it, and you know, in a way I'm kinda glad. Pearl Jam are never going to get the credit they deserve for their music, let alone their live performances. But who cares what some critic thinks? Anyone who was there knows how special a night it was and just what an amazing set they played.
    Why is it like this after a PJ show? I've been to lots of gigs over the years and it's only these fuckers that do this to me! Roll on the next tour!
    I had that last year... after Astoria I was practically bipolar :o up and down like a fuckin yoyo. One minute I'd be dreaming about how fucking fantastic is was, the next I'd be like 'but it's over' :( . Same after Dublin.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    welcome back :)

was great to finally meet ya.
    Likewise. :)
    Please, tell Kristin Im sorry for not meeting up later. Pin and Babs wanted those
    tatooes done. when we finnaly found a tattoo shop they could only do one, so we were there waiting for Pin. Stayed till 10 and then walk around town and finally went to bed...I cant believe Im home :( I wanna go back and see them again. and hang out with you guys.

Have fun today, Helen :)
  • Options
    I had that last year... after Astoria I was practically bipolar :o up and down like a fuckin yoyo. One minute I'd be dreaming about how fucking fantastic is was, the next I'd be like 'but it's over' :( . Same after Dublin.
    Haha, I know that feeling. I wasnt at Astoria, but thats how I pretty much feel after a PJ show, or certain shows like Zagreb and London :eek: :o
  • Options
    because I misjudged just how violent it was going to be. I did not make the same mistake this time. I was just trying to point out that at Wembley I was stood a similar distance from the stage that I was at Dublin and there was no problem whatsoever :) I wasn't trying to attack your precious Dublin show! :rolleyes:

I didn't hear those other two soundchecked. Did they follow on from Parachutes? We went round the other side of the building to get in our queue then
    well, I can't remember the order they played them but 'you are' they only played the opening notes and I couldn't for the life of me think of the fucking song... I just had those three notes going through my head over and over and couldnt get beyond that to think of the name of the fucking song :D

Satans bed, I think most of us recognised it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Please, tell Kristin Im sorry for not meeting up later. Pin and Babs wanted those
    tatooes done. when we finnaly found a tattoo shop they could only do one, so we were there waiting for Pin. Stayed till 10 and then walk around town and finally went to bed...I cant believe Im home :( I wanna go back and see them again. and hang out with you guys.

Have fun today, Helen :)

Nice to meet you :)

Pin actually got the tat! Last we heard was from Rob and Sandra when they got back to the pub saying you guys couldn't find anywhere to get them done.

Ohhh can't wait to see pics :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    Oh man, what a show.

absolutely my dear dear girl... it was something that is just stocked in the heart, sould and brain forever... wow!
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    Highlights for me would definitely by Faithful, I've never really been a big fan of that song but it seemed so apt it was almost a spiritual experience

To me, one of their top 3 song ever.
    ...at Wembley I lost myself and my voice, on it.
    Get an ear to the Milan 06 Boot, it's mindblowing.

Definitely, the best one I saw by them (even if Katowice was for many many reasons SPECIAL).

Little grin: still waiting to hear Release -12th show- (of course they'll play it at Dusseldorf and not at the my only remaining one...Werchter)

T.
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    This time I swear I didn't see you :)

You must have been in the northeast line, cause I looked at the top of the SE one and you weren't there :)
    Yep... NE :o

Shite! :D

Ah we'll meet some day!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Nice to meet you :)

Pin actually got the tat! Last we heard was from Rob and Sandra when they got back to the pub saying you guys couldn't find anywhere to get them done.

Ohhh can't wait to see pics :)
    Glad to meet you too :)

Yes! She's got one. Surfboard logo on her right shoulder. Its pretty cool.
    Im sure she'll be posting some pics soon ;)

The guy say its gonna take 40 mins, took im at least an hour, plus we waited
    before that. Then theyve finally put some PJ, siging along to Ten was pretty fun since a bunch of us gathered at the tattoo shop :D It was pretty obvious who we were.
    So I guess London show really ispired them to get the tatts. I think babs is getting her done after the tour when she gets back to London.
    Any more shows for you, lady?
  • Options
    viviflu wrote:
    absolutely my dear dear girl... it was something that is just stocked in the heart, sould and brain forever... wow!
    Vivi!!! :) Where are you girl?
    We had the perfect spot, right in front of Mike. It was great being there with you and Steph. I miss you... :o
  • Options

Have fun today, Helen
    I'm at home too :( ok well at work :(

tattoos? so Pin got another one? I haven't really been speaking to anyone about what you all got up to after I left (remember when I went to the airport? :D ). My next trip is Copenhagen on Saturday.

It really was a great meet up... so nice to see so many familiar faces and meet so many not so familiar ones
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Haha, I know that feeling. I wasnt at Astoria, but thats how I pretty much feel after a PJ show, or certain shows like Zagreb and London :eek: :o
    I was devastated after Dublin in particular, couldn't even leave the house. London & Verona were a bit different cos I was on holiday and came home... but after Dublin and having everyone stay in my house and then suddenly they were all gone :eek: It was just a horrible feeling.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I was devastated after Dublin in particular, couldn't even leave the house. London & Verona were a bit different cos I was on holiday and came home... but after Dublin and having everyone stay in my house and then suddenly they were all gone :eek: It was just a horrible feeling.
    I know. I was so depressed after Zagreb last year. :(
    Couldnt listen to any boots, see any pics or anything else...

Oh, yeah, I remember now. you went to the airport :D:o
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Highlights were definitely Faithfull and, ohmygod, Parachutes.

Heaven knows if there\'s a ceiling
    Come so low with the kneeling
    Please know that I got all the friends I\'m needing
    Before my light go out
    As the doors are closing now

And far away will be my home
    And to grasp this, I don\'t know
    But I don\'t need
    Further back and forth, a wave will break on me today

And love
    Wish the world could glow again with love
    One can\'t seem to have enough

And war
    Break the sky and tell me what it\'s for
    I\'ll travel there on my own

And love
    What a different life

I used to have a totally different interpretation, but now it's all about this wonderful journez Iäm taking with my friends. Mz dear dear friends.

For all those not in Dusseldorf, I miss zou alreadz.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110