Astoria 20/4/06
    Reading 27/8/06
    Marseille 9/9/06
    Wembley Arena 18/6/07
    Nijmegen 28/6/07

Check out my PJ covers - http://www.youtube.com/wickedwkd
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    "The setlist of nearly 30 songs spanned all eight studio albums - with an emphasis on Yield - and a rare performance of Crazy Mary, which had never been played in Europe before."

haha!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    "The setlist of nearly 30 songs spanned all eight studio albums - with an emphasis on Yield - and a rare performance of Crazy Mary, which had never been played in Europe before."

haha!
    ahahahaah. :D

Ignorants. :p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    JimmyjamhJimmyjamh Posts: 90
    I have only just got bac from London, The show was amazing.

This was my 6th show and they just seem to get better and better,.
    I had my dad with me down in the pit and he was getting pushed about all night, he loved every minute!

Highlights for me were Long Road, Faithful, Present Tense, Low Light, Down, Bushleaguer. All of which I have wanted hear live for ever!
  • Options
    mAraujomAraujo Posts: 84
    Amazing show! Great setlist, amazing crowd. It just felt special. One of the best I've seen (I've only sen four, though :D ).

Also loved my little holiday in London. Beautiful city, and the weather wasn't very bad either.
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • Options
    Wow, what can I say, I'm still trying to process. When I came out of the gig I thought that was pretty good but I've been having flashbacks ever since that just keep me going WOW!!! I can't believe they were brave enough to exclude practically all of their concert staples/biggest hits, my boyfriend would only be a casual fan and he loved it even though he knew none of the songs :D

Highlights for me would definitely by Faithful, I've never really been a big fan of that song but it seemed so apt it was almost a spiritual experience, the faithful fans reassuring the band that we're gonna stay that way and Ed wanting us to know that they are faithfull to their fans too, I've never heard an audience practically drown out the band and I was up near the front, just amazing, and of course Indifference, I'm still getting chills thinking about it.

Also got to see RITFW which they ommited from Dublin last year, Porch was just off the scale and I love the new opening, Why Go, Do the Evolution, Given to Fly and Crazy Mary - amazing live as always and almost better the second time around, Save You and Low Light, opening with Long Road was a total surpise (even though it took me until halfway through the song to realise what it was). Ed forgetting the words to Indifference after his highly indignant declaration was hilarious as was bumping into the mike with his guitar before No More War, just little moments that make the gig even more special.

My only minor-minor-minor-minor-gripes would be that I wish they had given in to the fans chants and played Don't Gimme No Lip, that would have been a really special moment, and that they never played NAIS although I got to hear it during soundcheck and it sounded amazing, didn't hear Who You Are though and that's one of my favs and I really did think they would debut LROM in London, when Ed came out with the guitar for the second encore I nearly sh*t myself coz I thought he was gonna do Footsteps (which would have made my day) but No More War is such a powerful song and you can tell it comes straight from the heart so it was amazing to hear.

All in all an AWESOME gig, we're never gonna get one like that again for a while. I'd love to hear what the band thought of it themselves, it really seemed like they were having fun and that's always great to see :)

Sorry for the long rambly post but until we get a boot I'm just gonna keep reliving it in my head :D

EDIT: OMG I forgot about Present Tense - fantastic to hear that live!
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    martina78martina78 Posts: 29
    Read that review last night. Obviously they don't get it, and you know, in a way I'm kinda glad. Pearl Jam are never going to get the credit they deserve for their music, let alone their live performances. But who cares what some critic thinks? Anyone who was there knows how special a night it was and just what an amazing set they played.
    I'm so bummed today. I can't believe its over! I was pretty devastated last year after the Dublin gig, but now I think I'm worse! If finances and kids weren't an issue, I'd be trying to sort tickets and flights for somewhere right now!
    Why is it like this after a PJ show? I've been to lots of gigs over the years and it's only these fuckers that do this to me! Roll on the next tour!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'd love to hear what the band thought of it themselves, it really seemed like they were having fun and that's always great to see :)
    I always thought it would be great to get some feedback from the band on how THEY saw/felt the show :D
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 478
    Did anyone over Stone's side 3 rows back see that bloke in the white "Lost My Hair (Kept The Big Dick)" t-shirt?

If you did that was me!!
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

My only minor-minor-minor-minor-gripes would be that I wish they had given in to the fans chants and played Don't Gimme No Lip, that would have been a really special moment

I was hoping for that too! I got all excited when Ed mentioned the song. Goosepimples extraordiare. :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    ... satans bed & you are also!

I don't understand why, in Dublin, if you wanted to stay out of things did you go to the second barrier at all? :confused:

because I misjudged just how violent it was going to be. I did not make the same mistake this time. I was just trying to point out that at Wembley I was stood a similar distance from the stage that I was at Dublin and there was no problem whatsoever :) I wasn't trying to attack your precious Dublin show! :rolleyes:

I didn't hear those other two soundchecked. Did they follow on from Parachutes? We went round the other side of the building to get in our queue then
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    OH MY GOD!!!
    Im totally in love with Mike. And Ed :D

WHat to say except that I got a setlist from Mike, and a pick in it :)

And smiling at him all the time, winking and flirting, enjoying the show.

Ed trying to shove the stuffed animal I threw to him down his pants!!! hahaha, hilarious. I hope someone took a photo. Dirty man :p

Mike got a shirt from me also. I guess it was a fair trade then.

The show was perfect. singng from the very beginning when the first chords to Lond Road started to the very end of Indifference. OMG!!!
    I thought Munich was awesome, but this show, setlist, the crowd and everything thats happened that day, judt beats EVERYTHING!!!

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! And I wish I wasnt at home now.

I was next to you when you threw the stuffed animal at Ed,didn't expect him to shove it down his pants tho. :)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    I was next to you when you threw the stuffed animal at Ed,didn't expect him to shove it down his pants tho. :)
    Ahahaha, that was hilarious!!! :D What a perv he is :D:p
    Where were you? On my left? Have we met?
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    If Rob from Sheffield (I think there, or maybe Manchester?) is on this board and sees this, please get in touch with me via pm. I'm sure you were at this show. We met at the pre show party in Prague last year and again in Hawaii. This is Rob from S.F.....bumming that he isn't on the Euro tour this year!
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Ahahaha, that was hilarious!!! :D What a perv he is :D:p
    Where were you? On my left? Have we met?
    I was on your right,just a little bit behind you. I got a skinhead, probably one of the best looking 32 year olds there ;)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    If Rob from Sheffield (I think there, or maybe Manchester?) is on this board and sees this, please get in touch with me via pm. I'm sure you were at this show. We met at the pre show party in Prague last year and again in Hawaii. This is Rob from S.F.....bumming that he isn't on the Euro tour this year!

Rob!!! This is Sid. I know who you are. Email me, pls, silversmile08@yahoo.com

Are you in Europe now??? We missed each other if you are. I just got home from London...
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    I was on your right,just a little bit behind you. I got a skinhead, probably one of the best looking 32 year olds there ;)
    Oh, ok. I dont think I saw you, cause it was way too hot in the back, kept looking on stage for the boys and some air to get :D Front row kicks butt :)
  • Options
    What can i say, other than they fucking SMASHED it!

I had waited 16 long years to see them play live and they didn't disappoint - just hope it's not another 16 years until the next time. The set was diverse and littered with personal favourites, faithful, state, rocking in the free world to name but a few. Pretty amazing to see them play out the show with the house lights up - kinda like live at the garden! The icing on the cake would have been a rendition of crown of thorns, but hey you can't have everything. Glad to see a few people sporting there mother love bone tee's.

All in all a flawless rock show - great front man, full of energy, guitar solo's behind the head and really fucking LOUD!

However i felt embarassed and ashamed to be english by the way the portugese lads in front of us were treated. Yeah the flag waving was pretty annoying but they were just rocking out, showing their love for the band and representing their country! Superficial ladies, next time if you want an unobstucted view, get seated tickets.

This is my first post and don't want to end on a sour note so just want to say once again - they fucking SMASHED it!

ps Does anybody know if the bloke with the stick man tattoo on his stomach ever found his bruv?
    to truly understand the present,
    you must learn to appreciate the past.
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    An amazing 2 days in London..... here are my photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/sets/72157600411222558/
  • Options

Hahaha, Neil!!!
    You screaming CROATIA!!! in the middle of the show was fucking awesome and
    hilarious. :) it was great to see you again, even though for a short time :o
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Jam passes sell-by date
    Jon Fletcher, London Lite 19.06.07
    Getting old: Eddie Vedder's conviction seems clichéd

Ever since he scrawled "Pro-Choice" down his arm during an iconic 1992 recording of MTV's Unplugged, Eddie Vedder has served up his rock with a healthy dollop of politics.

Back then, the Pearl Jam front man was in his late twenties and, in common with bands like Rage Against The Machine, still young enough to make the ideology feel fresh after the disaffection of the Eighties.

Fast-forward 15 years to last night's show at Wembley Arena and Vedder's earnest conviction now seems horribly clichéd. Jibes at Tony Blair were always likely to raise a cheer, but when he began a second encore with a solo acoustic number built around the painfully simple, repeated refrain "No more war", the crowd seemed to shudder with collective embarrassment.

Worthy though the sentiment may have been, the blinkered naivety with which it was rendered was cringeworthy.

Elsewhere, the set favoured more recent material at the expense of arguably better known tracks from Pearl Jam's earlier albums. There wasn't a single song from second LP Vs, though Alive, from the band's debut album Ten, was a predictable highlight.

Musically, Pearl Jam showed themselves to be as gifted as they ever were. Mike McCready played most of the guitar solo for Why Go behind his head, but the band's delivery often felt perfunctory, the audience's frenzied air punching underlining the stiffness of the band on stage.

In the end, it was only the devotion of the fans that saved this show from becoming a self-indulgent love-in by a band old enough to know better.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Thanks for those Neil.. (sweet kitty! :D)
  • Options

Thanks for that! :)

This one here :-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/furbyx4/576500109/in/set-72157600411222558/

That's myself and my mate in the disabled section on the left of the photo.
    Cardiff 6th June 2000
    Arnhem 29th August 2006
    London 18th June 2007
  • Options
    mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
    Unbelievable set...also, the band was ON, had tons of energy. Had a great time in London, David and everyone else that I met at Waxy's on Sunday it was great to meet you!
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    Jam passes sell-by date
    Jon Fletcher, London Lite 19.06.07
    Getting old: Eddie Vedder's conviction seems clichéd

Ever since he scrawled "Pro-Choice" down his arm during an iconic 1992 recording of MTV's Unplugged, Eddie Vedder has served up his rock with a healthy dollop of politics.

Back then, the Pearl Jam front man was in his late twenties and, in common with bands like Rage Against The Machine, still young enough to make the ideology feel fresh after the disaffection of the Eighties.

Fast-forward 15 years to last night's show at Wembley Arena and Vedder's earnest conviction now seems horribly clichéd. Jibes at Tony Blair were always likely to raise a cheer, but when he began a second encore with a solo acoustic number built around the painfully simple, repeated refrain "No more war", the crowd seemed to shudder with collective embarrassment.

Worthy though the sentiment may have been, the blinkered naivety with which it was rendered was cringeworthy.

Elsewhere, the set favoured more recent material at the expense of arguably better known tracks from Pearl Jam's earlier albums. There wasn't a single song from second LP Vs, though Alive, from the band's debut album Ten, was a predictable highlight.

Musically, Pearl Jam showed themselves to be as gifted as they ever were. Mike McCready played most of the guitar solo for Why Go behind his head, but the band's delivery often felt perfunctory, the audience's frenzied air punching underlining the stiffness of the band on stage.

In the end, it was only the devotion of the fans that saved this show from becoming a self-indulgent love-in by a band old enough to know better.

i just wanted to post something about it, i grabbed an issue of lite on the way to the airport , and although i do know i shouldn't give any credit to its articles, but still it made me pissed...
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!!!
    Im totally in love with Mike. And Ed :D

WHat to say except that I got a setlist from Mike, and a pick in it :)

And smiling at him all the time, winking and flirting, enjoying the show.

Ed trying to shove the stuffed animal I threw to him down his pants!!! hahaha, hilarious. I hope someone took a photo. Dirty man :p

Mike got a shirt from me also. I guess it was a fair trade then.

OMG, girl, what have i missed.........???!?!?! :D Lol
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 446
    Finally read most of the posts in this thread!! Got to say it was an awesome show. A complete contrast to Readng last year - although both shows were amazing but in different ways! It was cool that Cornwall got a mention... As a fellow CornishMan I wonder if I know Pete ;) I can sympathise with him getting stick for being from Cornwall :D

I was stood towards the back of the standing area as the wife is Preganant, and it felt as if we were miles away! Especially after watching Chris Cornell in the tiny Astoria last month!

The wife saw Natalie Imbruglia in the toilets during Green Disease! Highlights of the show were Present Tense, Immortality, Faithfull, etc. :) All in all Phenominal.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    OMG, girl, what have i missed.........???!?!?! :D Lol
    First off, ARE YOU OK???
    I saw you being pulled out, scared me a bit, so glad to see you posting

Uhm, well, I had a little eye on eye contact with Mike...:o
    Pretty much all night, and esp during Parachutes when I was just staring at him/them, my hands on my jaws, smiling and enjoying. he smiles, i smile, wink wink, haha.
    Then Ed. the stuffed animal...too funny. I threw it at him when I cauhgt his attention during one of Mikes solos, think it was Crazy Mary. He grabs it, and tries to put it in his pants :eek: Guess it didnt fit, so he had put it on a speaker.
    Then he looks at it, sees that it says: CROATIA LOVES YOU, turnes around, gives me THAT Ed look, and says CROATIA. His hand in a fist, tapped his chest. Heaven!

I also gave a shirt to Mike, one of those Croatian shirts wer Cro fans made. We all signed it and put ZAGREB REMEMBERS. He got it right after Alive, so it was end of 1st encore. He took it with him. yay.
    Then at the end, I got the setlist from him. I totally forgot he was gonna give those out. haha. I was really trying to catch Eds attention when he was running around with tambourines during RITW, but there were some ppl above me being pulled out...nvm...then, Mike comes up, looks at me, Im looking at him, saiying PLEASE. :o Everyone else trying to grab the setlist, which btw fell on that step in front of the rail...so I think Jeff(SoonForgotten2) and at least 2 other ppl had already grabbed it...But security guy, a very serious and kinda scray guy says: NO, its for her! pointing at me :D
    I got it!!! I look at Mike hugging the setlist with a HUGE grin on my face, saying THANK YOU! THANK YOU! He nodded as they were all leaving.
    Thats pretty much it. Oh yeah, and a few more Ed moments, like when he totally looked at me during DTE when he sang Admire My Stone I think. He looked and smiled and I smiled and put my thumb up.
    Oh man, what a show.

But, how are you?
  • Options
    zeppelinzeppelin Posts: 121

Great pics thanks for those
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unamed
    You aint worth the blood
    That runs through your veins