Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    shmike wrote:
    Whats all this talk of no Wembley boot??????

You are fucking kidding me right?????
    Patience, patience ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    A few pics and a couple of YouTubes from Monday night ...

http://siserval.livejournal.com/136191.html
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    shmike wrote:
    Whats all this talk of no Wembley boot??????

You are fucking kidding me right?????

it will come mike, great to catch up again...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    martina78martina78 Posts: 29
    I know exactly how you feel... I couldn't listen to them for weeks... but once I finally did, I couldn't stop. It reallly is the most horrible feeling. It's just so empty, isn't it? :o
    Totally! Ah it'll just take time! What the feck are we like? Sure you have a few more to look forward to, so make sure you enjoy them enough for everyone! Sure might join ya, how much dya think you'd get for a couple of kids on e-bay?! (of course thats a joke!)
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    martina78 wrote:
    Sure might join ya, how much dya think you'd get for a couple of kids on e-bay?! (of course thats a joke!)
    I tried and was only offered a couple of chickens. A dozen and i would have said yes!
  • Options
    VivoVivo Posts: 1
    Ten & VS are my favourite albums by a mile so have to admit that i found the play list on Monday the most disappointing of the 5 PJ concerts i've attended in the last 15 years. However, have to say that i was taken a back by the brilliance of the performance which was probably the best i've ever seen. Most importantly, the boys played ALIVE - the best i've ever heard them play it. Just hope we'll see them again!
    For me, still the best group in the world bar none!!!
    Will i ever get to hear "You Are" (Riotact) live??

Borderline - Feb 1992
    ULU - Feb 1992
    Wembley - 1996
    Wembley - 2000
    Wembley - 2007
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    simonorton wrote:
    A few pics and a couple of YouTubes from Monday night ...

http://siserval.livejournal.com/136191.html

Too much AC Milan on there for my taste ;o)

YNWA

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    I tried and was only offered a couple of chickens. A dozen and i would have said yes!
    Ah feck that so! What if they're extra annoying and one has an earache and the other a stomach bug? That surely makes them a bit of a catch! (this is what I came home from London to!)
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    martina78 wrote:
    Ah feck that so! What if they're extra annoying and one has an earache and the other a stomach bug? That surely makes them a bit of a catch! (this is what I came home from London to!)
    Sorry, worthless, completely worthless!
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Sorry, worthless, completely worthless!
    Suppose I'm stuck with them so, and still no new gig to go to! My life is shit!
  • Options
    First off, ARE YOU OK???
    I saw you being pulled out, scared me a bit, so glad to see you posting

Uhm, well, I had a little eye on eye contact with Mike...
    Pretty much all night, and esp during Parachutes when I was just staring at him/them, my hands on my jaws, smiling and enjoying. he smiles, i smile, wink wink, haha.
    Then Ed. the stuffed animal...too funny. I threw it at him when I cauhgt his attention during one of Mikes solos, think it was Crazy Mary. He grabs it, and tries to put it in his pants :eek: Guess it didnt fit, so he had put it on a speaker.
    Then he looks at it, sees that it says: CROATIA LOVES YOU, turnes around, gives me THAT Ed look, and says CROATIA. His hand in a fist, tapped his chest. Heaven!

I also gave a shirt to Mike, one of those Croatian shirts wer Cro fans made. We all signed it and put ZAGREB REMEMBERS. He got it right after Alive, so it was end of 1st encore. He took it with him. yay.
    Then at the end, I got the setlist from him. I totally forgot he was gonna give those out. haha. I was really trying to catch Eds attention when he was running around with tambourines during RITW, but there were some ppl above me being pulled out...nvm...then, Mike comes up, looks at me, Im looking at him, saiying PLEASE. :o Everyone else trying to grab the setlist, which btw fell on that step in front of the rail...so I think Jeff(SoonForgotten2) and at least 2 other ppl had already grabbed it...But security guy, a very serious and kinda scray guy says: NO, its for her! pointing at me :D
    I got it!!! I look at Mike hugging the setlist with a HUGE grin on my face, saying THANK YOU! THANK YOU! He nodded as they were all leaving.
    Thats pretty much it. Oh yeah, and a few more Ed moments, like when he totally looked at me during DTE when he sang Admire My Stone I think. He looked and smiled and I smiled and put my thumb up.
    Oh man, what a show.

But, how are you?

wooooohhhhoooo what moments!!!!! now im kinda regretting that im not that tough a chick and wasnt able to stay there in the front... *cries* no really, i am fine, and was too, only i couldn enjoy the show becoz of the heat, being hit and pushed and all the usual stuff, plus im short too, so u can imagine... :)
    so i was having my private party at the back, by myself, screaming and dancing like a fool, hehe :D

ohhh, and about the ed look, fist at the chest thingy, i got that in madrid when he saw our flag, so i do know what u mean...!!!! <3 OMG i want mooooooooore PJ!!!!!
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Is anyone still shattered from Monday,honest i feel like death. Got a sore throat and headache now but at least my ears are better....Worth it tho.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Peter C wrote:
    Is anyone still shattered from Monday,honest i feel like death. Got a sore throat and headache now but at least my ears are better....Worth it tho.

had this for 3 days after Munich. Didnt touch any alcohol for a week... but slowly getting back now and thinking of changing family plans for one more ecstasy...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    Peter C wrote:

yes. me. i feel like absolute crap.

it was well worth it though.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yes. me. i feel like absolute crap.

it was well worth it though.

aw diddums!! :p

i had sore calf muscles all day yesterday, as well as being totally knackered.. but i feel ok... just sad that's it all over for another 47 light years
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    it's my own fault. i'd been working and partying non-stop for about a week prior to pj. it was only a matter of time before it caught up with me.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    it's my own fault. i'd been working and partying non-stop for about a week prior to pj. it was only a matter of time before it caught up with me.

Any excuse :rolleyes: ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:

Dude, my ears are ringing a little, my wifes are ringing real loud she says...but yeah, flippin' wrecked!!!! I did 2 days wandering around London afterwards and waddled about like a zombie!
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
  • Options
    RabbitrocksRabbitrocks Posts: 101
    Peter C wrote:

Yes, I still feel totally done in. I've had a banging headache ever since, but thankfully my ears have recovered.
    I feel quite depressed too. What goes up as gotta come down...
    As you said, worth it though! :)
  • Options

Fab mid air pix of Ed!!!
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    brain_of_Kbrain_of_K Posts: 43
    Dude, my ears are ringing a little, my wifes are ringing real loud she says...but yeah, flippin' wrecked!!!! I did 2 days wandering around London afterwards and waddled about like a zombie!

Glad to know it's not just me, mine are still not totally back to normal. Pearl jam burst my ear drums!!!
  • Options
    Just back home after a few days down South. Got to say that Monday was just the best night ever. Setlist was excellent! I cant believe I actually got to hear Down for the first time live; I just went fuckin mental when it started. Had a great view - on the floor about ten people back on Mike's side. Also nice not to be pushed around too much at a gig - no morons like in Paris last year; when I seriously felt in danger.

Got some great pictures which I will try and get on here asap and a great vid of 'No More' and Eddies speech before it.

(Anyone else spot Paul 'Celebrity Love Island' Danan in the Arena? I always thought he was a bit of a tit - but if he likes PJ he cant be that bad!)
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    tofatofa Posts: 51
    Did anyone else buy a program at the gig? I did, stuffed it my bag with the tshirt and stickers and went off to read through before Idlewild came on. When I opended the back I had something from the 2006 tour, not the 2007 one. As good as the book is I would have preffered one for the 2007 tour. What did everyone else get? Was there 2007 one or was this the only one available? Cheers
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • Options
    i don't think there was a 2007 one, but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    Stef83Stef83 Posts: 15
    That sounds like it could have been me :o - I wear glasses and was with a tall, ginger friend. What did you look like? The only people I remember were a tall guy with glasses who was with a girl with a funky hat on and a bunch of around 6 lads who were having a blast!
    Anyway, if it was me, then I'm so sorry! Obviously done with no intent, I was just letting my soft out! :)

I wear glasses and had a tiny little person in front of me...no hat though.

If it was you then don't worry about it, i'm sorry for elbowing you in the ribs!
    It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!
  • Options
    Mania667Mania667 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forums, name's Steve. Just have to say that show was absolutely superb, ears quit ringing this morning, but still knackered.

Hi to all
    Wembley 2000 & 2007!
  • Options
    Asked the folks at 10C about the boots...

'Sorry, currently there are no plans to release bootlegs for the 2007 tour. Should that change in the future we'll be sure to notify our fans. The shows will not be released on other sites.

Best,
    10c'

Crap... The shows dissolve in to nothing if you can't play'em back. That really sucks. Well, I guess that means that with the exception of the You Tube vids and stuff, the show was all ours and just for us.
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    CloudDog wrote:
    Too much AC Milan on there for my taste ;o)

YNWA

AC Milan ? What are you talking about ?
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    GARDENerGARDENer Posts: 19
    finally home and $4k later... amazing show.

general admission was great. we dont get that here. i was about 4th row and the crowd was wild. i love the energy you get off of the "surge" it make you feel so helpless yet alive.

my first trip to to europe and my first general admission pj show.

i will be back again!

cheers mates.
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    simonorton wrote:
    AC Milan ? What are you talking about ?
    On the playlist of videos on that page there was a load of AC Milan videos too

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK