Options

*** London Fanviews Here 18/6/07 ***

Comments

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    my ears were a bit funny afterwards, but within 10minutes they went back to normal

shame about your face... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    ... satans bed & you are also!

feck! i love You Are...
    never mind... can't complain about the setlist! :)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    shame about your face... ;)

hiya fluffy :)

i'm still trying to remember the whole Kentucky Tried Fucken thning we were going on about :D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm still trying to remember the whole Kentucky Tried Fucken thning we were going on about :D:D

oooh... i'd forgotten all about that... (a bit like you and the prostitute :) )

whatever it was, it was funny, now if only i could remember too... :o
  • Options
    Noah ManNoah Man Posts: 3
    Hello. I don't normally do message boards, but I'm still buzzing from monday night so I thought I'd read some posts, and after reading about other peoples experiences I'm feeling almost as excited as I was after the gig.

I still can't beleive the set list! It's the best set list I've even read about, let alone experienced. It more than made up for missing out on the Astoria (I'm still slightly angry though!).
    I never thought I'd see them play Rockin' In The Free World in this country (I'm a huge, huge Neil Young fan, so it was emotional). That's the only song I requested in 2000 (before I realised shouting requests isn't really cool). I certainly didn't think they'd play Bushleaguer in this country, and it's one of those songs that's always been on my wishlist. Same goes for Crazy Mary which completely bowled me over. It's the song I sing to myself more than any other, and It was totally unexpected.
    Long Road, I Got Id, Present Tense, Faithfull, Immortality, SOLAT, Save You, Inside Job, Indifference; Almost ALL my favourite songs. If they played Sad and Other Side I probably would have died.

The only disapointment was that they didn't play Unemployable or Gone (I was sure they would) but with a set like that it didn't matter.

And holy mother of crap! A brand new song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't even aware that that song existed (like I said, I don't really do message boards, but I'm as ardent a fan as they come) but my god. I was standing there with goosebumps, my mouth gaping like a moron. It was religious.

My hightlight has to be the pins and needles feeling I got all over my body when raising my arms and singing "I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room". I'm getting that same feeling again right now just thinking about it.

I'm glad they didn't play Ledbetter, Jeremy or Even Flow, but I will never get bored of Better Man, Black or Courdroy and they will always be on my wishlist.

I was in such ecstasy I had to walk through the fountain outside, arms wide open, just to mark the occasion. I would NEVER do that normally.

I apologise to the girl behind my brother who kept getting a mouth full of sweat when he took his shirt off. He sweats more than anyone in the world cos he eats too much cheese. I did tell him to put his shirt back on, but he's a dick.

As I get into more and more bands and go to more and more gigs, the feeling of awe and excitement at seeing my favourite bands seems to diminish, especially if it's one of those months when I'm going to three gigs a week, and to be honest, there are other bands that I thought had taken over Pearl Jam in terms of my appreciation, but Mondays gig made me feel 14 again, but better. PJ are still the best. No question.
    Wembley 30/5/00
    Reading 06
    Wembley 18/6/07
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    Why even bring flags... not like they will decide on the fly to do another show in portugal...or wherever. And jumping infront of others in the line.. thought that was below 10clubbers....

It was really funny when a guy in a purple inoffical PJ shirt jumped into the line with his friend and some dudes (And a woman) behind me owned them :) That was really funny...

Three shows for me with Wembley and have yet to see/hear Animal, Hail Hail and Rearviewmirror... and they aren't really rare :)

Nice to here 3 (?) songs from Riot Act... at least I love that album :) Too bad Ghost wasn't perfomed :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Somehow I get this feeling I was standing behind you. Were you with 2 dudes who left briefly after Idlewild? Me and my friend kept their places :) And were the people in front of you a blond lady and a tall dude with a blue hoody and glasses? :D
    Nope :p twasn't me! Kristen & Damian were behind me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Nope :p twasn't me! Kristen & Damian were behind me.

Ah, okay :) Must have been near though. Oh well!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Ah, okay :) Must have been near though. Oh well!
    when he stood on the speakers on Stones side... he was pretty much RIGHT in front of me :eek: (apart from the row of people in front of me but ya know what I mean) the bottle went to the people in front of me... I almost touched it :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    when he stood on the speakers on Stones side... he was pretty much RIGHT in front of me :eek: (apart from the row of people in front of me but ya know what I mean) the bottle went to the people in front of me... I almost touched it :(

Me too!!! It was nice that it went to the people on the front row, but I couldn't help feeling a tad jealous. The big dude in front of me got hold of the bottle, but he had to give it back to security. Shame, as I really think he would have shared with me and my friend ;) I still think we were basically standing next to each other without knowing! Hehehehe!
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

I'm new here (relatively), I was wondering if ANYONE had a spare ticket stub that they would be wililng to give me? I couldn't get one back at the end and i collect them, i have only seen Pearl Jam a couple of times and am really pissed that i didnt get one. I would be wiling to pay or whatever.

Anyway if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it,

thank you v much, James
  • Options
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    Me too!!! It was nice that it went to the people on the front row, but I couldn't help feeling a tad jealous. The big dude in front of me got hold of the bottle, but he had to give it back to security. Shame, as I really think he would have shared with me and my friend ;) I still think we were basically standing next to each other without knowing! Hehehehe!
    :D Possibly! Well there was a guy in a white t-shirt on my right and then Laura and Ian were the other side of him. The guy on my left had longish hair, facial hair and maybe glasses and was jumping up and down constantly... I almost got several elbows in the face :o were you with him?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    whalewhale Posts: 3
    Send me a PM with your address and I will send you one, I was handed one as I left the venue, still have my original ticket so can spare you one no problem.
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    nuffingman wrote:
    Yes, bitching over! We've had our say... just don't bring them again or they will go where the sun doesn't shine.

And harmless_little_f***, yes I know what you mean. Age is winning.:(

where the sun don't shine ... that would be London, wouldn't it?
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    :D Possibly! Well there was a guy in a white t-shirt on my right and then Laura and Ian were the other side of him. The guy on my left had longish hair, facial hair and maybe glasses and was jumping up and down constantly... I almost got several elbows in the face :o were you with him?

Nope, I would've been on your right... The dudes in front of me were very friendly. One was wearing a white T-shirt... Could've been the dude on your right I guess... but I don't think we're going to figure this one out! Hehehe!
    EDIT: what do Laura and Ian look like though...
  • Options
    cyclops wrote:

LOL :D

Belgian humour... a little like English mayo... ;)
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    jrd wrote:
    LOL :D

Belgian humour... a little like English mayo... ;)

:-)
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Noah Man wrote:
    I apologise to the girl behind my brother who kept getting a mouth full of sweat when he took his shirt off. He sweats more than anyone in the world cos he eats too much cheese. I did tell him to put his shirt back on, but he's a dick.
    :eek: eeeeeuuuuwwww but :D:D:D at the same time!!! Wasn't me but betcha she didn't even notice if she was enjoying the show half as much as you were!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    cyclops wrote:
    Cheeky. Or it could be Bruges! I've never seen the sun in Bruges after 3 visits.
    Mind you with the size of the beers you people serve who cares.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Noah Man wrote:
    He sweats more than anyone in the world cos he eats too much cheese.
    Is this the greatest line on this board :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Is this the greatest line on this board :D:D:D:D

It is actually. I read it out to my colleagues, who agreed ;)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    heininken Helen... did that annoying guy look like this..?

009640PKUQNAEE12DPM0MZZR8SV7LR.jpg

...then it was me... sorry.... if it was, you could just have told me and I would have stopped.... sorry.... had a blue shirt, longish hair, facial hair...glasses...

If it was me.. who were you? And were you also close to that girl in the front row that didn't move at all during the show...just poting the camera towards eddie and... (yellow shirt)

And another thing. What about all the people that wiped the winebottle oiff before drinking from it.... haha... not very rock and roll... what the hell were they doing in the front row. Motionless, got to drink eddies wine but wiped i off...haha.... too bad the wine didnt get to the second row :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    heininken Helen... did that annoying guy look like this..?

009640PKUQNAEE12DPM0MZZR8SV7LR.jpg

...then it was me... sorry.... if it was, you could just have told me and I would have stopped.... sorry.... had a blue shirt, longish hair, facial hair...glasses...

If it was me.. who were you? And were you also close to that girl in the front row that didn't move at all during the show...just poting the camera towards eddie and... (yellow shirt)

And another thing. What about all the people that wiped the winebottle oiff before drinking from it.... haha... not very rock and roll... what the hell were they doing in the front row. Motionless, got to drink eddies wine but wiped i off...haha.... too bad the wine didnt get to the second row :)
    :o yep it was you! :D Nah, I was going to say something but you seemed to be really into it AND you gave me water a couple of times when it came your way so that was good in my book. Don't worry, I haven't been bitching about you, I've mentioned you but also my reasons for not saying anything. If you HAD have hit me though... :eek:

Nope, I had nothing to do with her and she really pissed me off too... I was just to your right. Kinda behind the guy to her right. I tried to put my hand on the barrier between them at times when I felt like I was going to pass out... and she actually gave me dirty looks, lol, it pleased me that I'd pissed her off though.

I have to go now, but honestly don't worry about it, just be a bit more careful with those elbows in future, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

lol, and yeh, I saw her wipe the bottle too :D :eek: what's the fucking point of that eh?

The guy to my right got a swig cos the girl in front of him passed it to him... security guard didn't seem to like it though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    cclayes wrote:
    i thought the gig was amazing!Great set...however

one thing that riled me was the fact that people were doin anything they could to stay in their little groups at/near the front!!Pushing and shoving that was only exasperated during the rockier songs!i understand what being down the front entails but this was just crap same goes for the people who seemed to do nothing but take photos, i understand everyone wants memories but cmon!

The only thing other things was the massive massive push for for when the drumsticks and plectrums were thrown into the crowd at the end, everyone just seemed to fall over as people who had absolutely no chance of getting anything shoved in a mad rush as if it was a matter of life or death!As much as i wouldve like something myself it was complety pointless and dangerous and noticably had shaken up some people around me!

anyway....thats just my general opinion, choose to agree or disagree!
    Agree with that,when matt threw his drumsticks into the crowd i accidently stood on one and the amount of people on the floor fighting with my leg was staggering. It was like a scene from 28 days later!! :):)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    iwalke wrote:
    just got back, this was the second time i've seen pearl jam live after reading last year and both were really amazing and different experiences for me.

was great seeing so many pearl jam fans out in the sun around wembley beforehand too, can't believe how old you guys are though! i'm 20 and felt really young :D

Thanks for that! I have to say that I was happy to see the average age was 30/35, wiser people than the night before at the Stadium for Muse..Great band but my Seattle guys blew them away, TOTALLY!!!!! PJ rule, the fans...they do too!!!!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • Options
    eddielovereddielover Posts: 15
    duggro wrote:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-22306864-details/Pearl+Jam/gigReview.do?reviewId=23401223

not a single song from vs??? try getting clued up you fool!!!

what a lame review

Jibes at Tony Blair were always likely to raise a cheer, but when he began a second encore with a solo acoustic number built around the painfully simple, repeated refrain "No more war", the crowd seemed to shudder with collective embarrassment.

what a pathetic review!! the only shudder i felt was one of ecstasy!!!
  • Options
    IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    The show ROCKED as far as I'm concerned!!! :) Loved the setlist.....
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • Options
    Sometimes I think that it is not normal to liking a band as much as I like Pearl Jam, definitively not when you are 28 but then I read what you guys say and I relax...The show was amazing, I loved it! I cannot remember anybody next to me apart from, well my friend and the guy with the spliff..sorry I was too concentrated! I was happy with my seat, good view from there, stood up the whole time...cried when they played present tense.
    The no war song was really moving and State of Love and Trust I was hoping for them to play it! Thank you so much that!
    Grand finale with N. Young's RITFW and Indifference!
    Loved the pub with the old unplugged on before and after the gig, it helped warming up...didnt help cooling down really but was still a good choice!
    I really hope this is just goodbye for now...
    I really am fucked off with myself for not having seeing them before (this was my 2nd gig)...I have been a fan since 91/92...I hate myself!
    I seriously think they are special and I hope they will do music for many more years to come...Glad they are still there and that their music did not become commercial (by the way, you guys talk about listing to them at the radio, in France such a thing does not exist) though really they'd deserve much more notoriety. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    "Come on people now, smile on your brother and everybody get together, try to love one another right now!!!!"
    "You my friend, I will defend and if we change, well I love you anyway"
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine, I AM MINE"
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    OH MY GOD!!!
    Im totally in love with Mike. And Ed :D

WHat to say except that I got a setlist from Mike, and a pick in it :)

And smiling at him all the time, winking and flirting, enjoying the show.

Ed trying to shove the stuffed animal I threw to him down his pants!!! hahaha, hilarious. I hope someone took a photo. Dirty man :p

Mike got a shirt from me also. I guess it was a fair trade then.

The show was perfect. singng from the very beginning when the first chords to Lond Road started to the very end of Indifference. OMG!!!
    I thought Munich was awesome, but this show, setlist, the crowd and everything thats happened that day, judt beats EVERYTHING!!!

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! And I wish I wasnt at home now.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"