iphone or Android HELP

123457»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    morello wrote:
    Do you have to be online with that all the time? I'm not interested in doing that. I want to have it on the SD card.

you don't have to be online to use it...it will download songs to your phone...not sure how to change the storage place though
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    norm wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Do you have to be online with that all the time? I'm not interested in doing that. I want to have it on the SD card.

you don't have to be online to use it...it will download songs to your phone...not sure how to change the storage place though
    Oh. OK, maybe I need to check that out as well. Bugger & sigh. What a mission.

Doubletwist is still working nicely at the moment, however still dunno how to get it to run from the memory of the SD card vs whereverTF it's doing things right now. :evil:

I'm checking out that forum DS recommended as well. Great way to use a day off work. :fp:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Ooh, found something....

allow_doubletwist_to_sync_to_sd_cards_an_easy_solution
    right click on internal storage ( remove ) ... then sync with doubleTwist and u will able to load mp3 on microSD <--- working on sgs2

Do you think they mean in your pc or in the phone? I suppose if it's 'right click' it must be in computer?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    FUK! Have just opened up doubletwist in my computer again & it's goddam doubled everything up again & lost the artist for heaps of tracks!!! :evil: Aaaahg! See? I give up, well I would if I could but I want my music on this goddam phone so aaaagh!
    <hr>
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Had an Andriod for 3 years. It was cool at first, then went to shit.
    Got an iPad, realized how great it was, then decided...why not get an iPhone? Did that and never looked back!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I hate doubletwist. I tried using it for my MyTouch and it was awful. Every time I added songs to my phone it deleted the other songs I'd previously put on there, so that lasted about 2 tries before I figured out that I could just copy and paste the songs onto my phone's SD card. I use the standard music player that came with it, but I don't mind it. I'm not sure if there are different music players pre-installed on different Android phones or not, though.
    I hate doubletwist. I tried using it for my MyTouch and it was awful. Every time I added songs to my phone it deleted the other songs I'd previously put on there, so that lasted about 2 tries before I figured out that I could just copy and paste the songs onto my phone's SD card. I use the standard music player that came with it, but I don't mind it. I'm not sure if there are different music players pre-installed on different Android phones or not, though.
    Thanks monster rain. Ok, continuing work in progress..... Anyone else have any tips on music in an android phone? Doubletwist is going quite well so far. It's just a bugger no lock screen display & that I can't specify to save things on my SD card. I found a setting in the menu to specify SD card but then it starts scanning it & 2 hours later it was still dong it. :o Any input much appreciated.
    <hr>
    Ok, I think I've got there.

It seemed since I'd downloaded DoubleTwist my SD card was no longer being recognised, I googled & googled & check forums & checked forums etc & was getting VERY frustrated & then was talking to a friend on the bus home from work today &&&& showed him how the SD card wasn't being recognised &&&& he suggested, ok, swallowing pride here, that I turn the phone off & on again, which I did &, ahem, it now seems to be working & shuffling right & drawing from the SD car!!! YAY! Some album art is still missing as are some album & artist names even though it's definitely all there but anyway I HAVE MUSIC!!! Keeping fingers Xd this is sorted!!
    <hr>
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    speaking of phones....since i had some extra time over the holidays....and more importatnly, needed to run the hot spot feature without paying 30 bux, i went ahead and rooted my EVO.

if i knew it was going to be that easy, i would have done it ages ago.

i left the stock software on it, but now have super user powers and can run any app i want. free hot spot for all. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ^^^ I've wondered about that rooting thing, if I should do it(excuse the pun. ahem.). My SGS2 is pretty well how I like it now without rooting so I'm not sure what I could improve by doing it. There are still a few things I'd like to tweak on it so I'm not sure if I'd be able to do that if it was rooted anyway. Hmmm... >:-/

btw welcome back 81. :wave:
    <hr>
    morello wrote:
    ^^^ I've wondered about that rooting thing, if I should do it(excuse the pun. ahem.). My SGS2 is pretty well how I like it now without rooting so I'm not sure what I could improve by doing it. There are still a few things I'd like to tweak on it so I'm not sure if I'd be able to do that if it was rooted anyway. Hmmm... >:-/

btw welcome back 81. :wave:

i wouldn't do it unless you wanted to run an app that needs root access or you want to run a custom rom.

outside of the hot spot app, i've not done anything else to mine. too much work, not enough reward. but if you want,....make sure you research the new rom if you go that route to make sure it supports all your phone's hardware. ie, i have a 4g phone, but not all rom's support 4g

i guess the other thing would be a custom kernal that would allow you to over clock the processer. i've also not done that.

maybe when i'm ready to upgrade phones i'll give some of that advanced stuff a whirl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ^^ Hmmm, ok, you lost me on most of that so I'm not going to worry about it(not that I was 'worrying'). :)
    <hr>
    trying to root the woman's phone. htcdev.com is slow as fuck tho :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    any good FREE printer apps?

looked at the market and I have to download some server crap onto my computer.

Printer is on home Wi-Fi, just find it and print already!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless